PRA Health Sciences Reviews

Alle 189 reviews worden getoond
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced, demanding, lots of change management going on.
Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Raleigh, NC17 januari 2018
Greatly enjoyed my time at PRA. However, as the company grows, they are losing their people-oriented culture. It seems like the bottom line is becoming more important than the mission.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive, Collaborative and Fun environment to work!
Associate Director/GCDO Global Trial Leader (huidige medewerker) –  Wethersfield, CT4 januari 2018
This company is a productive, collaborative and fun environment to work in! I really enjoy the people I work with as well as my manager!The company has great benefits as well as great Work/Life balance for their employees. It's motivating to work at PRA Health Sciences!
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 3Rapporteren
Experience At PRA
Senior Clinical Trial Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA27 december 2017
My experience at PRA depended upon the study I was assigned since it is a CRO.
My first assignment was with Amgen. The study was very fast paced and complex. I worked atleast 14 hours per day and it was very stressful.
The second study I was on was very busy but much less stressful and much more enjoyable.
I had 3 managers while at PRA. Two were OK but one was extremely supportive.
Pluspunten
Good benefits, some good management.
Minpunten
Some not so great management and long hours.
Bedrijfscultuur
B+; would work here again if required.
Systems Administrator (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlottesville, VA19 december 2017
PRA was a pretty OK place to work. Not horrible, not amazing. It was pretty average in terms of all attributes by which employees judge these companies.

I began as an application admin and developer, and quickly learned more in six months on the job than I had in four years in college. After the first year, I'd accumulated enough corporate knowledge to realize the benefit and value in such understanding of how companies work, and what their domain of services may be.

Advancement was very fairly granted for effort and results. Within a few years, I'd been promoted once and granted total salary increases of nearly 30% because I worked hard and bore fruit. By the time I left, I'd doubled my starting salary and achieved a level of reputation such that people really appreciated my work and service. Since everything I was given was in proportion to what I'd earned, I believe PRA to be a fair and equitable place of business for which to work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the wide variety of people that work there -- many different fun and interesting personalities to engage with. The most difficult part was how challenging some of the technical problems were. But that was also great fun for me!
Pluspunten
Benefits, fair pay / compensation, trust placed in employees
Minpunten
Large company -- easy to get lost in the crowd
Bedrijfscultuur
Nice company to work for...
Legal Counsel (voormalige medewerker) –  Raleigh, NC18 december 2017
as long as there's work, it's a nice place to work. There are really nice folks at PRA HS, but sometimes the folks at the client's company are not as nice.
Pluspunten
The "bench" makes the job more secure.
Minpunten
If there's no work assignment available, your employment will eventually be terminated.
Overview
Senior Clinical Research Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Raleigh, NC, HDQ15 december 2017
Typical CRA position, home based NE region.
3-5 days/week travel.
management: average.
under assignment with a Pharma company. CRA follows Pharma company.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good company to work for
Senior Director of Business Operations (voormalige medewerker) –  La Jolla, CA11 december 2017
PRA offers the individual a chance to participate in the outcome of their work environment. For the most part leadership is supportive and the message about vision is clear and easily followed.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
무난한분위기
In-house CRA (voormalige medewerker) –  서울 강남구11 december 2017
쳬계잡혀있음 그러나 아직 정착중인 회사
In-house CRA가 따로 CRA 따로 있음
시설이 좋음
Bedrijfscultuur
Toxic environment, absolutely not recommended
Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA20 november 2017
Job would be ok, but lazy and inept managers make an horrendous work environment. Old computer systems, outdated procedures and lack of transparency make the employees frustrated. High turnover and poorly run-studies. Promotions and raises are not merit-based. Not a place to stay very long.
Free coffee, tee
Minpunten
outdated management style, top down approach, HR people are totally unqualified for the job
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 12Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great people, great working environment
Vice President, Statistics and Programming (huidige medewerker) –  Bluebell, PA14 november 2017
The day is a mix of standard management activities and actions, plus contributing and reviewing reports, reviewing bids, preparing presentations, defining and actioning new initiatives to improve processes or incorporate new service offerings.
Pluspunten
Tremendous personal learning opportunity to manage global teams of statisticians and and programmers
Minpunten
For me personally, I am a little too distant from the science of the individual studies.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 5Rapporteren
only two cons
Clinical Team Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Albany, NY7 november 2017
Don't expect line management to advocate for your promotion- you are not likely to get a promotion without leaving and coming back (at least that is what I was told). Negotiate a higher salary when you are hired because yearly increases are extremely low, despite stellar annual reviews.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
inconsistent work hours
Senior Clinical Research Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Home Based3 november 2017
inconsistent work hours, was contract position initially and paid by the hour but not willing to pay for time expected to be available. Payment on time. Number of work days per month inconsistent
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Excellent Friendly Flexible Company
Senior Clinical System Developer (huidige medewerker) –  Remote1 november 2017
PRA is a wonderful place to work. The Managers are extremely flexible and understanding and listen to your needs. Unfortunately the opportunity to meet those needs is not always available.
Pluspunten
Flexible, Global team very friendly atmosphere
Under Paid by a lot compared to other CRO's
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Interesting work
Administrative Associate/Legal Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Reston, VA25 oktober 2017
Dealt with a lot of international directors. Very interesting business. Assisted in coordination of large conferences to host people from all over the world.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Depends on your client
Biometrics Project Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  homebased23 oktober 2017
Management screwed everything up by changing from the Clinical Informatics to the Biometrics structure. No support from management at all. If you can get a good client you'll be better off, but you still have to contend with the age old problem of the CRO business model. To make money CROs need to pay low and over-resource their staff. This means that staff has too much work to do any of it well or the good staff leave for better paying jobs. If you get a bad client then life will be miserable.
Pluspunten
great time off if you're a legacy PRA employee and not legacy RPS
management, management, management
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Skill with Fun having Job
Statistical Programmer/Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Blue Bell, PA19 oktober 2017
The hardest job because of my initial stages of working it was real hard for me to go through but tram members helped to go with flow of the work and helped me when am lost.
Self paced Environment
No healthcare
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent work enviroment and best experience among all CROs
Sr. CRA (huidige medewerker) –  Souteast USA16 oktober 2017
Work environment has been excellent for me. I receive a lot of respect and consideration. My experience and education is taken into consideration. I am properly rewarded for my position, education and years of experience in the industry. Company offers the best work environment among the CROs that I have had the opportunity work at.
Balance work
None at this time
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 10Rapporteren
Quick paced
Project Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Charlottesville, VA15 oktober 2017
You never know what requests you may get as the day goes on. PRA community is great to work with, the company atmosphere is very friendly and cooperative.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Beneficios y personal
In-House Clinical Research Associate I (voormalige medewerker) –  MX4 oktober 2017
Fueron lo mejor, los beneficios están por encima de la ley y el trato es muy humano.
Bedrijfscultuur
Not bad but no where to go
Medical Research Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT4 oktober 2017
Like working here but not a lot of opportunities of advancement. The benefits are worth staying until you can find something better. It's every man for himself here.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Hard work goes unnoticed.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4NeeRapporteren