CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
MEDICAL ONCOLOGY FELLOWSHIP
IN CLINICAL DIGESTIVE CANCER RESEARCH
From September 2012 to September 2014
The Clinical Digestive Cancer Research Team is located at the Jules Bordet Institut in Brussels, Belgium, right in the heart of Europe.
Our team consist of about physicians, project managers, data-managers, clinical monitors, computer scientists, clinical scientists, clinical monitors, monitoring coordinators, monitors, data entry staff, quality assurance specialists and administrative assistants. Our unit is integrated in the Medical Oncology Department, headed by Dr Ahmad Awada and works closely in collaboration with other several discipllines (surgeons, radiology, nuclear medicine, ....) and other teams of the Medicine Department which is lead by Dr Martine Piccart.The Jules Bordet Institute (www.bordet.be) , a university teaching hospital of the Université Libre de Bruxelles, is the only comprehensive cancer center in Belgium dedicated exclusively to cancer patient. Its services range from cancer screening to multidisciplinary cancer treatment and state-of-the-art clinical and laboratory research, for which the Institute is renowned on both National and International levels.
The GI unit is deeply involved in early metabolic response to treatment assessment in GI oncology, in drug development, in Peptid Receptor Radionuclide Therapy for Neuroendocrine tumors.
An important development in translational genomic research is currently ongoing, in close collaboration with Dr Christos Sotiriou Research Lab.
Main Supervisor : ALAIN HENDLISZ, MD
Internal Medicine – Institut Jules Bordet
- Head of the Gastroenterology Unit, Endoscopy Department
Fellowship activities include:
- Responsible of the Jules Bordet’s Endoscopy College
- Member of Medical Committee of Jules Bordet Institute
- Deputy academic supervisor in Clinical Pharmacy
The selected candidate will be acting as:
To be elegible, candidates must:
- Review clinical projects and follow activated studies;
- Develop translationnal research related to those projects in collaboration with the translationnal research unit;
- Develop collaboration with external translationnal research laboratories;
- Develop and follow translationnal based clinical and fundamental projects.
If you are interested, please send:
- Hold a degree in medicine and have recently completed, or are soon to complete, their specialization in Medical Oncology,
- Be no older than 35 years;
- Preferably have some clinical research background;
- Be fluent in spoken and written English (French and/or Dutch are an asset);
- Be able to work in an international environment;
- Possess excellent communications skills and team spirit;
- A letter of application;
- A recommendation letter from a referee;
- A full updated CV.
Please send the required documentation to Dr Alain Hendlisz, preferably by e-mail (email@example.com); alternatively, documents may be submitted by post to the Jules Bordet Institute, Rue Héger Bordet 1, 1000 Bruxelles , Belgium – Phone: + 32 541 31 96 – Fax: + 32 538 08 58.
All documents must be submited in English. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Available vacancies: 1
Applications closing date: 01/07/2012
Notification of results: 30/07/2012
The fellowship grant is approximately 1,800 euros per month, which is not subject to tax under Belgian law. Fellows enrolled in the Université Libre de Bruxelles may obtain low cost insurance.
Institut Jules Bordet - 11 months ago