Aflac Reviews

Alle 2.491 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
busy
Customer Service Representative III (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbus, GA23 september 2018
Aflac was okay to work for but the call center environment was very stressful and it was hard to move into another department. The metrics could also be a bit hard to maintain and your schedule was based on performance.
employee appreciation
stressful
Insurance Agent (huidige medewerker) –  Tallahassee, FL22 september 2018
All commission no salary Very relaxed working place You are your own pace training in very little after the sales school All the large accounts are taken
Bedrijfscultuur
Amazing support struction with encouragement coming from the top down
Benefits Advisor (huidige medewerker) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX21 september 2018
After being laid off and turned down from jobs due to my age Aflac brought me onboard giving me the opportunity for complete control of my work right from the start. I gave over 15 years of my life to corporate work and my only regret is that I wasn't approached in my youth with the opportunity.
Pluspunten
Flexible schedule, unlimited money, fantastic infrastructure, great management
Haven't found any.
It was a fine job
Licensed Accident, Health and Medicare Agent (huidige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA20 september 2018
I love meeting and talking to new people but I found the job stressful. Didn't love it. When it comes to 9 to 5 job I always prefer sitting at my desk all day.

What I liked about AFLAC is that I was in the field CONSTANTLY and always had to look my best - SALES!!!
Pluspunten
Dressing up meeting new people
having to leave my desk
Great Career Opportunity
Audrey E. Tien Insurance Agent (voormalige medewerker) –  Greater Sacramento, CA Area19 september 2018
Diverse workplace, job duties and opportunities
Not only further developed my insurance aptitude but also developed concrete, success driven business skills and personal relations.
Individual goal development within a team environment
The hardest part of being a DSC was wanting success for my associates more than they wanted for themselves.
The most rewarding part of my Aflac career was the sharing in the accomplishments of those I trained and mentored.
Diverse workplace, job duties and opportunities
Minpunten
One never truly knew at time of on-boarding, who was going to be the star
Commission
Benefits Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Goldsboro, NC19 september 2018
Seriously the job itself SOUNDS great but trust me. It’s a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle, 1099 tax form so you’re paying a chunk of taxes. You could be the best sales person but still not be good enough. People today really aren’t looking to purchase insurance and if they don’t purchase you don’t get paid. They make you believe you’ll bring home $4,500 your first month. No you do not! Like I said you can pitch the greatest sale to a group of 30 people and then only 2 buy it. That’s not good enough. Please. Don’t waste your time. It’s like a pyramid scheme. It to mention in the beginning your trainer gets majority of the commission 90/10 is how they split it even though you are doing all of the work.
You’re your own boss
Salary.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Great place to work.
Agent/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Kingston, PA19 september 2018
The job provided flexibility, job training and performance based compensation. The company provides an excellent product line. Advancement is limited.
Excellent products.
Minpunten
Pay based on production solely.
I loved working for Aflac
Csr level 2 (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbus, GA18 september 2018
It was an awesome experience. I may go back to the company in the future. I learned alot while working with them. One of the things I learned was empathy
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
AFLAC Summary
Broker Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Van Buren, AR 7295618 september 2018
Need to have a working capital base as you build your business. AFLAC has great products and delivers what they promise. I still hold AFLAC policies.
Lots or rejection; lots of travel.
MUST be a self starter!
MUST be organized!
You are 1099.
Flexibility
Minpunten
Time it takes to build book
Face to Face sales
Sales Agent (voormalige medewerker) –  Bowling Green, KY18 september 2018
Door to door sales. Cold calling on new and old businesses. Paid on commission only per sale daily or weekly. Extremely fast paced and scripted sales. Need to make 20-50 cold calls per day to make a decent living. Must use own car to travel. All expenses are yours to cover.
Pluspunten
Company helps you learn to make money. Managers will go out of their way to help you.
Minpunten
Everybody has been talked to by Aflac. Very fustrating to try to sell sometimes. Many rejections.
Potential but lack of Consistency
Account Agent (voormalige medewerker) –  Camarillo, CA18 september 2018
Not a job for a recent graduate of college or Grad school. Little to know chance for advancement and minimal support after introductory stage.
Many people end up quitting within the first 6 months.
Cut throat sales
Benefits Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  Florida15 september 2018
They have "trainings" where you are required to call people on their list and ask them to get involved with AFLAC - essentially asking you to sign up people who could be your direct competitor for an account.

Cold calling for the first three months are supposed to be the list of clients you have for the next few years to work off of and get them to enroll.

Cut Throat as you are required to put your contacts on a list - this does NOT stop someone else with this company from going into this account and try to get the account over you. This can cause hard feelings, especially when you've been establishing a relationship with an organization and someone else comes in and closes the deal and gets the income from the contact.

I found it VERY hard to live off of the income I received with the restrictions I was given by my managers.

There are NO specified territories for you to market to - you have all of the state, along with everyone else in the organization.
Wonderful product
HIGHLY competetive.
Bedrijfscultuur
Your work determines your worth
Independent Agent (huidige medewerker) –  Shreveport, LA14 september 2018
You get paid based on the work you put in. It’s not easy being successful with this company. It’s 100% commission only with zero benefits. You must have reserve funds in order to get started, you may not get paid for the first 5-6 months in the business, but again, this depends on you.
Pluspunten
Flexible work hours. Be your own boss. Residual income.
Minpunten
Commission only. Lack of management. High turnover.
High Pressure
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Greenwood Village, CO13 september 2018
AFLAC was fast paced and often cut throat. Even though they promised in the beginning they wouldn't go after friends and family, they did. AFLAC is a great company and does a great deal for children with cancer and my wife and I still have to cancer policies.
unlimited earning potential
Minpunten
Often a year or more to see this potential
Selling AFLAC supplemental insurance
Sales Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Mesa, AZ13 september 2018
Day shift usually customer appointment basis and cold calling; passed State insurance licensing; local management adequate; hardest part company training; enjoyed outside sales calling on customers.
Independent agent
ongoing training
Bedrijfscultuur
I already had my insurance card when I worked there
Agent (voormalige medewerker) –  Charleston, WV12 september 2018
Aflac was not that bad to work for I still have Aflac stuffed animals that say Aflac. My manager was not bad he roped me into one day going to a coal company to sign up workers. That was about the only paycheck I got from them. They did make us go to Morgantown, WV to stay at a hotel for a sales meeting. I think I left them after that.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Awesome Place
Insurance Agent (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbus, GA12 september 2018
I loved Aflac as a work place, would love to go back but the chances for advancement seem to be a bit harder and the call center can have challenging days
Great Place to work
Sales Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbus, GA11 september 2018
I really enjoyed myself working for AFLAC. I was trained by some of the best and I was able to learn about the products that really benefited the people we were speaking with. I know A lot of the business I did in the past was beneficial and really helped many families
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a good place to work for the most part
Associate Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Lexington, KY11 september 2018
I enjoyed my time at Aflac. I learned a lot and was able to take those skills with me as I journeyed to other sales positions. I had the pleasure of interacting with various individuals.
Bedrijfscultuur
Business expenses incurred on you.
Small Business Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  La Crosse, WI11 september 2018
You need to travel everyday and are responsible for paying all gas expenses with no compensation. 100% commission, would be a good job for people who want to work around their own schedule and don't want to work under a boss.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Aflac. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag