Aflac Reviews

Alle 1.913 reviews worden getoond
Aflac
Independent Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL12 november 2017
A typical day at work entailed several forms of communication with clients, fellow agents, and those in leadership positions. Visits to client's homes and work places were an every day occurrence. Benefits counseling and claims filing. It was a fast paced occupation that required networking and a knack to understand people in order to effectively meet their needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely calling a policyholder to inform them of their claim being accepted and paid!
Pluspunten
Flexibility; I worked on my own time
No job security
Takes a certain person
Benefits Coordinator (huidige medewerker) –  Reading, PA10 november 2017
Takes a certain type of person. Don't get caught up in the sales pitch during the introduction to the business. Yes there is a lot of money to be had, but not many people actually hit the goals
Make your own schedule
Left on your own a lot
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 6Nee 1Rapporteren
Fast pace. Task oriented
Administrative assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Corpus Christi, TX9 november 2017
Working for Aflac was enjoyable. You have a lot of agents to assist when your the front administer, usually in a district office. Teaches you how to work efficiently under pressure. You got to be an organized detailed person to work for Aflac.
Good hours, commission
Minpunten
adminastrators dont get commission, stressful at times
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Dive in if you're going this direction
Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Raleigh, NC9 november 2017
Not a position for a shy person. Need to have some ability to connect with small business owners to make this work for you. A great opportunity if you have a lot of contacts.
trips
Minpunten
work all the time, clients call all the time
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Challenging and enjoyable opportunity
Applications Programmer (Contract) (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbia, SC8 november 2017
Challenging but good learning environment. Great people and friendly and supportive. Obtain experience with SQLCOBOL and additional insurance experience. I commuted but was allowed flexibility in my schedule. Most difficult part of the job was dealing with the different groups involved with the programming, but expected in an insurance environment. Location was convenient for getting personal business done during and after work.
Great work environment
Minpunten
Was contract so have no complaints
Great company, great people
Benefits Advisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Augusta, GA8 november 2017
Aflac is a wonderful company. The people were/are great.

A typical day was cold calling on businesses to get an appointment with the decision maker on employee benefits to discuss what AFLAC has to offer. I learned a lot about time management, what to say and what not to say to a potential client and how to handle the word "No".

Management was wonderful. The culture is relaxed. It is your time to do with as you wish as long as you are producing. Hours are very flexible. You rarely had to be in the office because you were out calling on businesses. The hardest part was closing the deal. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the new people, finding businesses you didn't know existed because they were located next to one you had an appointment with .
Flexible hours
Commission only
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Consultant with Aflac
Small Business Consultant (huidige medewerker) –  Boise, ID7 november 2017
I worked for the corporate office of Aflac in Boise before transferring into the field as a consultant. The corporate position was amazing with great benefits and great pay. After transitioning into the field I felt as though I was lost in the shuffle and over time there was less energy put into training and helping me even though I was still new to the business.
Flexible schedule
No benefits or base pay
Very Competitive
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (voormalige medewerker) –  West Fargo, ND7 november 2017
The Aflac products are top notch. However, you are paid commission based, which was hardest for me to juggle. The fellow agents and supervisors are very supportive and enjoy when you succeed.
Bedrijfscultuur
rough place if you have to support your self
AZ Licensed Producer/ Accident, Health/injury (voormalige medewerker) –  Mesa Az6 november 2017
unless you have someone to support you while you build your base there is now way to support yourself. if you dont have business owners you are pretty much done
too many agents working the same territory
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
not as easy as you think
Insurance Agent (voormalige medewerker) –  Marshall, IL6 november 2017
I loved working for Aflac. the only problem was we live in a small town with several agents. I was sometimes hard to fin a company that did not already have it.
open job hours
no regular pay
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
good
HR Coordinator/Recruiter (huidige medewerker) –  Rockville, MD5 november 2017
im glad i had the opportunity to participate in their human resources internship program. i learned a lot and met new people and learned kay hr responsibilities
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Great company
Benefits Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  Jackson, TN5 november 2017
It's a great company to work for that is full of great people.The only downside is it takes a long time to get started making money. Other than the commission based pay, it's wonderful.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
My typical day
District Sales Coordinator (huidige medewerker) –  Phenix City, AL5 november 2017
Daily, I go to my office and the 1st hour & a half is spent on paperwork, returning phone calls, doing appeals, checking pended business, and making the schedule for the day. (Schedules change daily so I cant do them ahead of time.) All my associates report to my office or check in by 9 AM. I either spend the day with my new associates in the field doing training or go with seasoned associates to run presentations, do enrollments, and closing new groups.
Pluspunten
I don't sit in front of a computer all day, I travel a lot, I learn new things daily about my job, I am a great people person and remember the littlest of details
Minpunten
Hard to schedule real life appointments because I am with one of my associates daily, Compensation is strictly commission based.
Great Work Place
Claims Specialist I (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbus, GA 319075 november 2017
You work Monday through Friday off on holidays, The company is a family friendly environment. The hardest part is getting through training because you don't get the help you ask for nor need.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Good opportunity for those who enjoy being their own boss.
Insurance Agent (voormalige medewerker) –  Ashland, VA3 november 2017
I worked for Aflac during the recession and found it challenging for that reason, but the company provides excellent training and support. Your pay is in direct proportion to how much you are willing to put into it, and the freedom of being an independent contractor is worth the risk.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Completely commission driven
Insurance Agent (voormalige medewerker) –  all over3 november 2017
My wife couldn't handle it. It was the greatest job ever when I got a $2,000 check (for about 3 days), then she'd start freaking out I was never going to make any more money and the kids would starve. I could defend it when money was coming in but as soon as I had a dry spell I had to find an hourly job.
Pluspunten
Make your own hours, unlimited potential.
No benifits, no guarentees
AFLAC selling insurance
Insurance Agent (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbus, GA3 november 2017
Selling insurance is never an easy job. But, meeting new people make it well worth the effort. I was never one to speak in front of a group a crowd of people, but, when I had to get in front of a group of people a explain health insurance I had no problem and the more I did it the easier it got. The hardest part of this job is the cold calls. You never know how you will be received. And no one liked rejection. But, once you get your foot in the door you can set your appointment and get on to the next call.
meeting people, making money
cold calls
Bedrijfscultuur
Promise a lot, deliver a little
Insurance Sales Agent (huidige medewerker) –  Sherman Oaks, CA2 november 2017
When starting AFLAC, you are told if you make appointments you can take your manager out with you and they will help you close deals. Well, my manager couldn't close a deal for the life of her so I spent months getting appointment after appointment only to have meeting after meeting wasted. I've been working at Aflac for almost 8 months and I have made a total of about 1,200 dollars, and I was working everyday and constantly being praised for my commitment and work ethic.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 7Nee 1Rapporteren
Horrible Internship
Intern (huidige medewerker) –  Silver Spring, MD1 november 2017
was not the internship i was expecting. thought i would be shadowing underwriting or auditing, was actually out pedaling sales in the streets. would not recommend.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Great product
Agent (voormalige medewerker) –  West Memphis, AR1 november 2017
Aflac offers a great product that can be so helpful to so many people. Sales is a tough business. Don't expect anyone to give you anything. Get everything in writing. Demand training as they are required to provide such. You must be a self starter and prepared to talk with a lot of people about touchy subjects - money & insurance
Great product
Minpunten
Too competitive, some only care about themselves

Algehele waardering