ALDI
3,4 out of 5 stars.

ALDI Employee Reviews

Found 7.760 reviews matching the search
It'll keep you busy 100% of the time, you will pretty much never have downtime until the last customer leaves, and even then, they rush you to clean and get everything spik and span in an hour. Typically its one manager and one or two associates running the store, simply because they have very high expectations. This makes it hard for them to hire people in the first place
Pros
You get to know your coworkers well, ive stayed friends with them after leaving the job
Cons
Max of one 30 minute break, even for a 10+ hour shift, pressure to never call out even when sick
I only spent 6 months at Aldis and it was definitely an experience. Management was great at my store but if you are unlucky, then you may get a store with bad supervision. In general, working was stressful, but working with good employees made it a bit more manageable. My favorite part was getting out early to enjoy the rest of the day as I was a morning stocker. The problem was that I would be physically and mentally exausted after the shift so I couldn’t really enjoy the day. Pay was subpar but the benefits are fantastic. Overall it was an okay experience but could be better with life work balance and pay.
Pros
Management, benefits
Cons
Subpar Pay, stressful work, short breaks
You have to suck up and be a zombie to get promoted. Back breaking work lifting all day. If the highway is backed up and your late you get an unexcused absence
Pros
Some days are short
Cons
Benefits are expensive with high deductible
Terrible. Believe me when I say you are better than this place. 900 items an hour, no time to go to toilet. Food not returned to freezers in timely manner. They are incompetent and have a huge turn over. The food itself is the lowest quality I have seen. Glad I had the experience as I have learnt never to go back there....not even for the food. I could say so much more but to protect myself from any comeback, I will just say, go work for a company that cares about your healthy and safety.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, terrible cleaning standards, risky food storage standards
not too hard. easy to get the hang of after you start working there a while. not many other things to say other than that. good management staff there too
Only work at Aldi if you are extremely desperate. To say the recruitment process is mentally draining, the job itself is very bobbins. You are expected to clear pallets in around 2 minutes and everyone is running around exhausted. I knew it was a bit of a joke of a job when I took it (none prestigous) but didn't think it would be that bad.
Pros
None really
Cons
Most things about it
I would still be there now had they handled the Covid situation better! I liked how fast paced it was but the management isn’t great at all and they have their favorites who get the good schedules of 6-2 etc. if u can’t be fast and good and able to lift 70 lbs then don’t bother applying! Like I said though, I did like it because of how fast paced it was usually& wished they re hired people.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Management, The favoritism lack of advancement
If you don't like fast paced physical work stay away! Also, you must do everything fast and perfect, no time for mistakes. One employee do many duties and tasks at once.
Pros
flexibility if you are part timer
Cons
Little hours
This company has decent starting pay. But they do not give raises every 6 months like they say. Some holidays that you are supposed to be closed you will be open and working.
Pros
Decent start pay.
Cons
Only one 10min break. Company is inconsistent.
En stressende og hÄrd arbplads, hvor tonen ikke var sÊrlig god
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ALDI?
Work is pretty common sense once you learn it becomes routine. Most employees work together as team to get work done efficiently and safely. For most part low stress and low drama. Compensation is fair and benefits are very good.
Pros
Free lunches, Insurance, good pay
Cons
Schedule isn’t for everyone
The work day is relatively easy, the only actual problem is customers not following protocol (mask, cart etiquette)The managers all try to work with you when it comes to availability changes, LOA, mental health needs.
If you like to stay busy and work hard you might do well at Aldi, but much of your experience de will depend on your in store management. employees are often guilted into coming in when not scheduled, and the entire business model is to stay understaffed all the time. It’s an exhausting job, but the benefits are decent for full timers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work/life balance, high stress shifts, impossible expectations
In der richtigen Filiale ein ganz toller Job. Toller Arbeitgeber.
Pros
Kostenlos Wasser und Obst, Weihnachtens- & Urlaubsgeld
Cons
Wenn man eine falsche Filiale hat, macht es kein spaß
Like I said previously, the job is what you make it. If you don’t allow yourself to get involved in the drama of work (co workers/outside life coming into work and interrupting/impeding on ones work) you can make it in this job and any job like it easily. Like I said, the physical part of it can become therapeutic if not a boost in overall physicality. It’s just being able to balance the mental with the physical to make it the perfect job for any worker...... finding the balance and staying away/out of the drama that happens around you.
Benefits
Cons
Extended hours/loss of personal time/life
Your buyer will determine if you succeed or not. If you are paired with a good buyer, you'll be fine. Teams often switch though and other buyers truly treat their assistant as a personal assistant. Most other buying assistants are helpful but you are quickly warned about who to not trust which is typical of a large company.
Staff are great. Pay is good on paper, but not worth the extra for the extra you have to do compared to other places. Told you’d be given training and it never happens, so you basically wing it. Stuck on the till most of the time and don’t know where products are, so you can’t meet your pallet time targets because you’re trying to find everything. Managers talk to you like a child in a condescending tone. I was involved in a motorcycle crash and suffered a broken shoulder and they still wanted me to work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short break and you don’t always get it, managers are fake friendly at the start and then unapproachable after a week or two, kept getting moved around, no training given, ridiculous time targets
I like the availability to be able to get overtime if you assist other local stores, as well as paid mileage. It's a good job that requires a lot of manual, efficient work out. You practically get paid to work out! You accumulate paid time off and sick pay as you continously work.
Pros
Healthcare, paid time off, sick pay, 401k
Cons
As you move up the ladder, you have to have open availability. That means closing and opening. No constant control of days off
The warehouse would be ran better with a pterodactyl in charge. Management couldn’t care less about your well-being, health etc. Only care about the items getting placed onto a smelly pallet. Deputy’s as useful as a chocolate pan. Could be 50 year old and get treat like a baby. Would be better doing a few year behind bars than a few year in this place.
Cons
I got promoted here and honestly the pay wasn't enough. I was being paid almost the same exact amount as an associate when I felt I should have been paid way more. High Management was not the best but the other employees were good. It truly seemed like if you wanted to grow, they stunted you from growing.
Pros
30 min break, benefits
Cons
Over-worked and under-paid
I really enjoy working at ALDI. It is fast paced and you have to want to work if you have a job here. But if you do you will succeed and can advance.
  1. Employee Reviews