Anaconda Employee Reviews

Busy Workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warringah Mall NSW17 August 2019
A typical day at work will include a range of customers which all require different levels of knowledge and confidence to deal with/serve.
On the job I learned about retail skills including layout and merchandising
The workplace culture is generally happy however always busy.
First job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morayfield QLD6 August 2019
I found the job fun and a great team place environment. was a shame that after my traineeship I was finished with the position.

I would like to go back and work but no positions available.
Pros
Work Colleges
Cons
Did not continue job after traineeship ended.
3,0
Sad environment, staff made it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS11 July 2019
Worked here for almost a year and a half, management I was very disappointed with. company and staff deserved a lot better. hard working staff was not appreciated by a particular manager. Day by day, weren't sure what you were doing, so it kept it diverse and interesting. I learnt the importance of being customer focused.
4,0
Fun workplace but with poor advancement opportunities
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookvale NSW13 April 2019
Anaconda is a fun workplace but has a very poor advancement system and poor management. After being promised and trained for a promotion, the promoted job was outsourced to someone else. No communication within the management and poor work/life balance and unfair consequences for being sick or not being able to find someone to cover a shift.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Poor management
1,0
Horrid place to work at
Sales Assistant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 February 2019
The management does not care for the well being of the employees what's so ever. You are made to believe that you are very unimportant and easily replaceable part of a machine that destroys your health by overloading you with work. They cut cost from the employees, take less people on shift and simply overload them.
One of the worst places to work at. It does not deserve even 1 star.
Pros
Cons
A lot of work, minimal pay
upper management terrible
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC3 January 2019
A few really greaat people in the mix. Overall a lack of direction and upper management not able to recognise talent and work ethic when it was right in front of them. No wonder we all left!
3,0
Poor management but great team members
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW24 October 2018
A typical day involves opening of the store at 8:50am, team meeting, recovery of all departments then focus on customer service and sales targets.
Management isn't great. My store has had no manager for over a year and our team leader and key holder have been over worked and underpaid for the time and effort they put in. Regional management do not care for staff. We had a armed robbery just moments before they arrived to check on the store and all they could do is criticise our work completely disregarding what had just occurred and how it had affected staff.
The hardest part of the job is managing customers and tasks to be completed by the end of the day. Not many shifts are given due to a constant store budget which makes it difficult to have financial stability.
Workplace culture is probably the most enjoyable part. All staff get along and always help each other out even when it's busy.
Pros
Decent hours in a single shift
Cons
Poor management
fun place to work
Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT18 September 2018
Working at Anaconda always had its good and bad days. a typical day was organising the store to look neat and tidy. i learnt so much with the time of being there, such as good customer service, ho to work a till and much more. the management was decent enough i managed to get through the 9-10 months i was there with minimal training. it always had a fun vibe about it which i enjoyed. the hardest part about the job was the hours.
Pros
awesome pay
Cons
too far away
An exemplary employer
Director of Training (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 September 2018
Anaconda has a strong commitment to support open source communities. It's a difficult line for any for-profit company to walk, but they do it. In addition, the company's internal values are not simply posted on a wall in the break room; they genuinely live up to them. As a remote employee, I felt well supported and remarkably connected. The leadership has great integrity that, for me, inspires loyalty even after leaving the company for other opportunities.
Pros
Very smart and good-hearted people to work with
Cons
Normal growth pains as companies grow.
1,0
Theft is a huge issue, as is workplace culture.
Sales Assistant/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Frankston25 July 2018
Cannot comment for all stores, but the store I worked in had very low morale.
Stores are separated into departments, with little overlap, and everyone is out for themselves. There's little camaraderie between departments, or any incentive to help out.

Theft is the most difficult part of the job, with repeat offenders wasting staff time and resources, as well as major break ins every two months or so. This makes it hard to maintain stock integrity.

Staff training seminars for potential leaders is ok, but lacks any follow up in a practical setting.
Pros
Great place to hone skills
Cons
Theft, low morale
really fun working environment
Team Member / Retail Operations (Former Employee) –  Watergardens VIC21 June 2018
putting out stock, helping customers out with anything in the store and working the counter processing payments and putting through transactions as well as doing refunds and gift cards
Pros
free food and work discounts
Cons
A lot to remember in the store
3,0
Fairly casual, not to demanding
Casual Team member (Former Employee) –  Hoppers Crossing VIC19 May 2018
worked mainly weekends as a casual worker. I would generally be asked to roam the store and assist customers with anything. This would include answering and any questions they had and helping find the right product(s) that would best suit their needs. For example camping in a cold climate.
4,0
Access to pro deals. Great bunch of people with common outdoor interest. Relaxed environment with slight pressure to make sales.
Retail sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW16 May 2018
- Fast paced and fun working environment
- Develop your leadership abilities
- Australian-owned global retailing success
- Develop your store, your way in this autonomous environment
- Team discounts across a wide range of products
Pros
team discounts
Cons
Not much in terms of training. Your life will be easier if you already possess product knowledge.
Productive and encouraging
Salesman/team member (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD9 April 2018
Learning new things everyday especially about product knowledge and how the computer systems work. The workplace culture is healthy with an encouraging atmosphere for learning.
Pros
Two 10 min payed breaks
Cons
Not many shift
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Albury NSW21 March 2018
I learned to work well in a team and to educate myself on the products, to ensure I was able to give good customer service.
Everyone gets along well.
The hardest part of the job is wanting to learn more but being restricted to one area in the store.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and being apart of a team
Pros
Work hours that work well around your daily routine that best suit you
Cons
Restricted to one area
2,0
Started out great until management changed
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rutherford NSW 232020 March 2018
poor management (only since new management took over), poor quality in standards regarding the policy and safety, and little to no appreciation for employee's extra efforts.
Pros
Amazing co-workers and opportunities
Cons
poor management and treatment towards employees
2,0
Not my favourite place to work.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 October 2017
That's gotta say something. Since the most recent one I have received no shifts, and the majority of the staff have seen a similar fate as well. Did meet some very nice people there, unfortunately, the one good manager we had left to pursue a better career. Hours were decent when I had them, and it was a good retail learning experience in sales and learning about the product, as there are a lot of different items.
Pros
15% staff discount, nice team members
Cons
Not many shifts, bad managers
decent job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW15 October 2017
I got good pay (for my age) and it was a fairly relaxed work space but the management was not very good, as i have e-mailed management over two months ago and have not gotten a response.
3,0
Fun place to work at times with good people
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fyshwick ACT3 October 2017
Anaconda is a growing outdoor company and can be a fun place to work. Anaconda does not however seem to reward loyal employees with promotion opportunities.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
no opportunities to progress further within compsny
3,0
Good work experience placement and proud to have been employed here
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Everton Park QLD18 June 2017
Truly i didn't deserve the job in the sense that they had better options but so thankfully even though i was the only girl at the interview and also with little experience of the products and work they were willing to hire me.
Pros
Good pay on sundays and public holidays
Cons
the rest of the days not enough variety of shifts and low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anaconda. Our community is ready to answer.

3,4