BP Reviews

Alle 2.463 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
3,0
Bedrijfscultuur
No career development and opportunities
IT / GBS (voormalige medewerker) –  UK24 september 2018
Unless you have a very strong sponsor that can support you through a career (progression) path, you won't be able to progress and/or get a promotion regardless of how good you are at your job.

The company is going through a huge restructuring process, so it is very likely to see poor performers still hanging there in positions that make no sense. I don't really understand why it takes so long to get rid of these underperforming employees. In the end, the company loses the good/outstanding performers sooner which makes the work environment feel very unproductive and unattractive.
Pluspunten
Agile work available allowing good work/personal life balance
Minpunten
No recognition or clear career path for good performers.
team work
Internal Auditor II (voormalige medewerker) –  Lusaka22 september 2018
Daily briefing and team work exercise. Managers would interact with other staff and have a personal interaction.The work culture was very good as people where allowed to act independently.
frre lunch
Bedrijfscultuur
It was privately owned so no worries of corporate push, but managment was lacking
Cashier/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Richmond, VA21 september 2018
I liked working at BP, it was fast paced, energetic. I didn't like how unorganized it was but then again it wa a new privately owned store and was improving with time.
Free food items
Fun.
Stocker, Sales Associate, Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Auburn, GA 3001121 september 2018
Its a fine job. It was pretty lowkey, except for on the weekends. Sometimes there is a rush and you have to multitask and be fast pace to keep up and not cause a line of people waiting. Stocking is kind of easy. The backrooms are always messy.
Free Lunch
Health Care, Poor Management
1,0
Dishonest, back-stabbing work environment
Senior Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX20 september 2018
Worst place I ever worked. The corporate culture is backstabbing and mean, with everything being run from London....very little autonomy. No former employees of BP were surprised at the Deepwater Horizon accident, the company cut any corners it can. Just stay away.
very good
Customer Service Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  london19 september 2018
This is a good work place. I always happy to work over there. they offer good quality food with good customer service in high price. they offer high salary to staff.
good salary
high price goods
2,0
Last Resort Job
Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Albion Park NSW19 september 2018
I have worked for BP for a few months now and there's not much that stikes me as positive about the company. I work as a casual yet have permanent shifts meaning i don't get any benefits of working part-time, but get the joy of doing the same stuff every week without any time off.

I started this job because I needed work that was closer to home and flexible around my university schedule. I got a job that is close to home. As far as being flexible, it couldn't be further from that. I brought in my uni timetable to my manager 2 weeks before the semester was due to start and asked for my shifts to get reduced so I had time to do my studying. For the next 9 weeks straight I did 35 hours a week including overnight shifts and double shifts. I had no time to study and even missed some tutorials due to being overworked with no help. On more than 3 separate occasions I asked for a reduction in shifts and was ignored on all three occasions. Furthermore I'm fairly certain the manager was sexist as a few female staff with uni got whatever time they needed I.E. 1 shift a week whenever they asked for it, meanwhile I get hammered with 5 shifts a week mainly night or overnight shifts.

My second gripe with with their various forms of measuring performance. All measures of performance have to do with promotional sales. Essentially how good are you at wasting people's time, or ripping them off. As a customer I expect the best service to be quick and polite. I don't want to be asked a million questions when I just want to pay and get going. As a worker you get given a huge checklist to do
  meer... over your shift. It rarely get checked and is never refered to as performance. Ive never worked for a company that cared less for its employees or customers. I don't see any redeeming features in the promotions especially considering they dictate your usefulness to the company. I think if BP stopped trying to use their employees as scapegoats and tried asking them what's wrong with the company they'd be able to improve their service far beyond any stupid promotions.

Just to sum up, this is the type of job you take if you've been looking for months and nothing is coming up. If there's the slightest chance of getting a job somewhere else, even another service station, take it. You're not going to find anything positive about your experience at BP.
  minder
Close to home
Minpunten
Poor communication with management, misguided understanding of performance, terrible shifts, sub par training, out of touch company
3,0
BP is closed now
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Jasper, AL19 september 2018
I enjoyed working at the BP as a cashier but the management changed and I’m no longer working there. The store closed until someone else opened it again.
Salary
No benifits
2,0
Challenge
Sr. Human Resources Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL18 september 2018
Extremely fast paced and relationship based environment. Organization is continuously Branding and Re-Branding itself. North West Indiana and the Greater Chicago Area weather can be brutal in the Winter. Location of plant facility is not for the faint of heart. Salary and general compensation is high to attract people to the area for a reason. If you love a challenge and constant change then this is an awesome fit for anyone looking to progress their career.
Pluspunten
Negotiate your worth upfront when looking to join this company
Minpunten
Rigid culture and limited flexibilty and advancement
Values and Work Living Proof
Talent Acquisition Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Naperville, IL17 september 2018
BP is a place where the values and work intersect and one would feel proud to work for such a great company!

BP believes in safety and what impresses me is their ability to take responsibility and help their employees during a time of need.

Somehow, we managed to have fun and get work done! Nicest people to work with!
Bedrijfscultuur
The most enjoyable part of the job
Director/VP, Marketing (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX16 september 2018
Without a doubt, being a part of the gulf coast restoration effort after Deepwater Horizon and also helping the company rebuild itself in the US after the accident.
Bedrijfscultuur
productive and funny workplce , freindship with different culture and nationality
Process Engineer (voormalige medewerker) –  In Amenas Algeria15 september 2018
I was working in a JV BP/Statoil / Sonatrach,
The workclimat was very nice and funny
Sometimes we exceed 12 hours working
Personally during my last project In Amenas Algeria compression project sometimes I reached 18 hours working
But I was always motivated by BP management
free food
nice tea break
Bedrijfscultuur
Very productive, great environment to work in.
Pipeline operations (voormalige medewerker) –  Gulfport, MS12 september 2018
I would work for Bp if they get a position available anytime. They really care about their people. They cared if you had family. The job was stress free. If you don’t know how to operate something they had trained staff to help you.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
A lot of long hours
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
I loved it there
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Jackson, MN11 september 2018
Great and friendly place to work if you had questions everyone would try to help to answer them.If someone needed a day off they were allowed to call someone in that wanted to cover there shift
Discount
Na
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Lakeland, FL11 september 2018
The owner was a very kind hearted person. If I needed anything he was there to help. Very flexible schedule if that's what you need. Customers where great.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun work place
Petrophysicist (voormalige medewerker) –  Luanda, Angola10 september 2018
Despite being laid off due to crises that affected almost all oil companies, I still can consider BP being one of the best company in the world. its flexible in all aspect.
I can highly recommend anyone if given the opportunity to work at BP.
I loved it
Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Dublin, GA9 september 2018
They are great people to work for I enjoyed it not a hard job to learn they people I work with are great, they show you all you need to know. I would have stayed but I had some family issues I had to deal with. other then that I would work for them again if I had to.
Nice place to work at
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Dearborn, MI9 september 2018
I learned a lot from working at BP, one of the main things that I learned was customer service and how to communicate with people from different countries and different way of thinking.
excellent
Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  London, Greater London9 september 2018
staff culture
Excellent managers
Excellent facilities
Many offices
good place to work
Mechanical Fitter (voormalige medewerker) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire9 september 2018
BP is a good place to work, however, job security is an issue here and there are always rumours flying around about it getting sold off to another company.
The majority of the staff are friendly and helpful.
good shift patterns
job security
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij BP. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag