Barnes & Noble Reviews

Alle 3.809 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
good temp job
To assist store management (huidige medewerker) –  Livingston, NJ18 juli 2018
pleasant environment but very little upward mobility and low compensation. management should provide more direction to staff and more training. Company needs to change business strategy to become more competitive
Minpunten
very liitle time to eat meals during breaks and small discount on food
Bedrijfscultuur
Previously a great place to work. Not so much now.
Sales and Inventory Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Plainfield, IN18 juli 2018
I was originally hired on as bookseller and then moved to Merchandise Manager (changed to SIM). Reduced labor, overemphasis on nonsensical metrics (ie member card percentages, secret shop scores), and poor communication within store and company have made this job unbearable. Would recommend looking elsewhere for a retail job.
I don't have any
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Garden City, NY18 juli 2018
Just a bookseller in all phases pertaining to the business.

I have nothing more to add. Nothing more to say.

Bookseller. Run all phases of helping students find books. Putting orders through and receiving and shipping out books. PR. Errands for manager.
Started great...
Children's Lead (voormalige medewerker) –  Tucson, AZ18 juli 2018
Started great, but corporate management took a dive and the company shifted it's focus from customer service to sales and became unbearable. They cut our staffing so severely that those of us left were forced to do three times the work, with twice the expectations and goals, but with the exact same pay. The district management made unrealistic demands with no support or advice on how to achieve the goals demanded. The company cannot keep up with the market and will flounder at their current pace.
Good entry level job
Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  East Brunswick, NJ17 juli 2018
My co-workers are the only reason working there is worth it. Yes, the discount is a plus, however the pay is barely livable and there is little to no chance for advancement. It's good place to work if you're fresh out of school or need a little something extra but its not somewhere you could stay.
discount
Minpunten
no chance for advancement, no pat time benefits
Great place
Bookseller/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Huntsville, AL17 juli 2018
I really enjoyed working here. Sometimes the customers got a bit hard to handle, like if they couldn't think of a book they wanted and would just say, "it was blue" or something stupid like that, but overall it was a really laid back place to work with good colleagues and decent work hours.
discounts, hours, starbucks
pay
Bedrijfscultuur
A former leader currently on life-support.
Lead Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Austin, TX17 juli 2018
While this company never paid very well, the discount on books and other benefits marginally balanced it out. I also enjoyed working with people who were literate, and enjoyed reading. Sadly, the company's leadership has run this ship into the ground.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good atmosphere. Overworked employees.
BOOKSELLER (voormalige medewerker) –  West Dundee, IL17 juli 2018
A shift at Barnes & Noble was typically relaxed and enjoyable. The hours were flexible, but the longer I worked there the more cuts there were. I was continuously given more responsibility within the workplace and cross-trained in all departments, but received no increase in pay.
Atmosphere, fellow employees
Underpaid
Bedrijfscultuur
Great benefits if you are management
Cafe Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Silverdale, WA17 juli 2018
My years at Barnes and Noble were great mostly because I was in management. Many benefits have been taken away from part time employees, and it is difficult to provide enough hours for most employees.
Full time benefits
No part time benefits
Bedrijfscultuur
was good for being a student
Bookseller/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC16 juli 2018
not too many hours, most weeks i did less that 15 hours total and when i did work it was either very slow paced or non-stop chaotic customers. But overall I enjoyed the experience the people I worked with were pleasant.
Ok
Book seller (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA16 juli 2018
This was a great place to work. Everyone that I encountered there was very professional. It's a shame I had to move or I'd still be working there to this day. Amazing benefits.
Bedrijfscultuur
You get along with everybody
Part-Time Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  North Little Rock, AR16 juli 2018
The workers are very nice. You feel like you can talk to people. Customers are friendly when they want to be. You have no room to advance. You do not have benefits unless you are full time, which is only managers. You do not get paid time off or paid sick days.
Discounts
No healthcare
Relaxed
Bookseller/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Worth, TX15 juli 2018
Working for Barnes and Noble was great. It was a very relaxed environment and the coworkers were very helpful and understanding. It is a good job for people who love being around books.
Discounts
Minpunten
Not many hours available.
Bedrijfscultuur
way too demanding & horrible pay compared to any other cafe!
Cafe Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Westlake Village, CA15 juli 2018
so demanding and too much work not worth minimum wage!!! management is very demanding and expect too much and disregard the fact that you’re simply a minimum waged employee!
30% off bookstore.
Minpunten
very poor pay. poor coverage.
Barnes and Noble Bookseller
Part-Time Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Arlington, TX14 juli 2018
As a part-time bookseller at Barnes and Noble Bookseller, I loved my job. I would at the cash register frequently which I enjoyed greatly, as well as in various parts of the store reorganizing and restocking. I especially enjoyed working in the Children's Book Area and helping parents find books for their children. A great deal of time was spent reshelving and straightening books which I found satisfying as I am a very neat person by nature.
Pluspunten
Getting to see all the new arrivals come in and the discount
Educational
Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Florida14 juli 2018
Working at Barnes and Noble is a very educational experience for me. The staff there are friendly and welcome you with open arms. You not only build friendships there but strong bonds that will never be broken. At times the job can be very fast paced while other times it can be quite relaxing.
Flexible Hours
Minpunten
Very little pay with inconsistent hours per week
Sinking Ship
Digital Sales Lead, Head Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Nashua, NH13 juli 2018
I luckily left before things started to get very terrible and my position was eliminated. Don't start a career at Barnes and Noble . Corporate is gutting the stores and leaving them with bare-bones crews, creating a very stressful work environment.
Okay
BARISTA (voormalige medewerker) –  Kansas City, MO12 juli 2018
Not the best job ever, but good enough. Not very much room for growth. The company is tanking, so I would advise looking elsewhere. You do get some pretty nice employee perks, though.
book learning
CSA (voormalige medewerker) –  Conway, AR12 juli 2018
work with friendly people who helped teach you how to do different jobs, it helped me understand more about subjects i didn't know everything about and a great environment.
Loved working at B&N
Head Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Jefferson City, MO12 juli 2018
Liked the flexibility, learned how to categorize and stock the books, worked well with the staff and loved working with the customers. This by far was my favorite job. The hardest part of the job was getting your work done before going home. The most enjoyable part was meeting the customers and hearing about their book experiences
Meeting the customers
Minpunten
Not being able to meet the customers needs because it was out of stock
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Barnes & Noble. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag