Barnes & Noble Reviews

Alle 3.920 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Fun place to work
Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Irvine, CA18 oktober 2018
Helping customers to find books and music, Locate items not in store and place on order in not available within the local area. Learn how to work together as a team Management is very helpful and willing to listen and advise. Workplace culture is varied. it makes it an interesting place to work. Hardest part of the job--leaving at the end of the day. Most enjoyable part of the job--the people you work with!
long hours on your feet
Bookseller/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Salem, NH17 oktober 2018
you don't really get to sit unless you're on break. you have to also deal with a lot of angry customers. but the managers were very understanding and one even helped me out of a panic attack.
discount
dealing with ngry customers
Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Thousand Oaks, CA16 oktober 2018
There's kind of a family feel with the employees here. I did end leaving because I needed to be earning more, but the job itself and my coworkers were great.
Bedrijfscultuur
Relaxed but quick paced on game days
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Baton Rouge, LA16 oktober 2018
The environment at Barnes & Noble is very welcoming and family friendly. The workers are very polite, the customers are understanding if there are shipping problems and since it is on campus, it is fairly easy for students and workers to get there.
35% discounts
short breaks
It was fine
Seasonal Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Oak Brook, IL16 oktober 2018
Management was great, but the job itself was very, very dull. There were days on the weekends where we were very busy, which was nice, but most of the time there was nothing to do.
fun learning sbux drinks
Barista/Sales Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Valparaiso, IN16 oktober 2018
was okay job just temporary a lot of push to up sale customers all the time a lot of pressure to sell memberships that offer little benefits to costumers
easy job
two hour shifts
Great Place to work
Director of Inventory Management (voormalige medewerker) –  Monroe, NJ15 oktober 2018
Great Culture. Company was very flexible. Showed get interest in peoples career. Work day was about 8 to 10 hours a day. Training was reviewed yearly to ensure people
Very Flexible
Health care
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced but relaxed setting
Barista/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Cruces, NM14 oktober 2018
Cafe is typically busy during the mornings and during lunch hours as you tend to have many regulars who arrive to the mall to walk in the morning and mall employees stop by for a coffee or lunch break throughout the day. Always something to work on and to help keep clean. Frequent interaction with book floor staff and decent discounts on food and goods.
Pluspunten
Discounts, relaxed work environment, able to build good report with regular customers
Minpunten
Very public space to constantly on the lookout for suspicious activity, daily reminders that cafe was unable to accept Starbucks reward/gift cards
Pretty good part-time job
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Bainbridge, GA14 oktober 2018
I learned how to multi-task really quickly at Barnes & Nobles as a bookseller. I learned how to use a cash register and ship in and out book orders and etc.
Pluspunten
Discount, was on my college campus, and it was an easy going job
Minpunten
Had some trouble with the assistant manager
Great environment
Barista/Shift Lead (voormalige medewerker) –  Saint George, UT13 oktober 2018
This was the first job I had and it was fantastic. The management was very helpful and wonderful with training, and wanted me to succeed. They like to keep promotions from within and I like that.
discounts
Minpunten
hard to get a significant raise
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
fun quite place to work.
Cleaner (voormalige medewerker) –  Golden, CO10 oktober 2018
Fun place to work .People are so friendly to work with activities .Holidays people come in more during Christmas ready to pay money for great gifts.very busy time of the year.
Discounts on merchandise.
No benefits
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Nice first temp job
Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  CCBC Essex10 oktober 2018
Scheduling is very flexible. You’re meeting new people everyday. After the main event there weren’t many hours given. Management was fair. Not many tasks on a slow day.
Discount on books & clothing
Minpunten
Little to no hours after the beginning of the season, short breaks
It is a good place
Book Seller (voormalige medewerker) –  Cleveland, OH10 oktober 2018
It was a good experience to be there, it was one of my job experience in America, so i have learned a lot about the time management, commitment. I have met good people who were helpful to me.
Pluspunten
Team work and hardworking place
Minpunten
They like strong and commitment people
Bedrijfscultuur
Good for part-timers with no interest in advancement, not great for everyone else.
Book and Music Department Sales Lead (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX9 oktober 2018
I started working here 5 years ago when I was still in school looking for a part-time job to make some money. Over the years, I've attempted to move up in the company multiple times but was always overlooked or denied in favor of some outside hire who never had any intention of sticking around long enough to make a decent impact on the store. I've outlasted 4 store managers, a dozen or so ASM's, and countless booksellers to be the most senior bookseller at my location and yet that's still not good enough to be promoted. The only reason I'm still here is that of the enjoyable work environment, but even that has its limits.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Stocker (voormalige medewerker) –  Boca Raton, FL9 oktober 2018
I was only there for a seasonal position but the managers were always trying to encourage you to be your best and how to improve yourself and would give some positions fun contests to compete in such as up saleing etc.
Discount from starbucks
great!!
Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Reston, VA8 oktober 2018
One of the best jobs I've ever had. Lots of room for growth. Fun working environment. Relaxed yet fast paced and encouraging. Management really cares about your family life and every employee becomes a member of your own family
Good for Retail
CBDM (voormalige medewerker) –  Queens, NY8 oktober 2018
If you like books and like to upsell, this is for you. Managers try to make it fun everyday. You are able to work in different areas of the store so that everyday is different.
Good discount
Always short-staffed
Alright
Cashier and Book Seller (voormalige medewerker) –  Massachusetts8 oktober 2018
Didn't mind working. Management makes sure to keep you busy, few customers in store except for mid day Saturday, after church on sundays, or the holiday season.
An Excellent Temporary Position
Bookseller/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY7 oktober 2018
If you love to read and are just looking for a temporary holiday job with decent discounts on lattes, this would be the job for you.
The team was amazing, the customers were well read and quite fun to speak to. The systems were easy to use, and you were paid weekly.
Pluspunten
Books absolutely everywhere, discounts in the cafe, good culture for a temp job
Minpunten
not enough breaks, on your feet the whole shift, temp job with extremely low pay
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Poor Management
CAFÉ SERVER (voormalige medewerker) –  Virginia Beach, VA6 oktober 2018
The upper management was the biggest reason why I left. Overall, it was pretty chill, great paid and even part-time people can get sick time, and after six months paid time off.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Barnes & Noble. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag