Barnes & Noble Reviews

Alle 2.977 reviews worden getoond
Love of books
Bookseller/Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Hilton Head Island, SC15 december 2017
If you love working with books, B&N is the best place to talk and chat with others with similar interests. However, the pay is rather low and the company prefers not to have full time staff since they don't have to pay them benefits.
Good breaks
low pay
Bedrijfscultuur
I loved the job and would work there again, health permitting
Book Seller (voormalige medewerker) –  Rockville, MD15 december 2017
Great management, stimulating and exciting, loved everything but cashiering; loved one one one with customers on the floor and behind the customer service desk. I surpassed the character count, and am still not being allowed to proceed.
Pluspunten
Great management, stimulating and exciting, Loved being on the floor, cross selling, working behind customer service desk
Minpunten
Overemphasis on monthly quotas selling $25 Memberships; was not good at cashiering, pressure to balance at the end of the work day
Great Part-Time Job
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Reno, NV14 december 2017
I loved this job a LOT. I had a lot of fun working at Barnes & Noble, but the store manager that took over shortly after I started was utterly awful. She was the WORST. I was determined to out-live her at the company, and I did, so once we got a new store manager, I was out. Great coworkers, great customers, great experience.
Bedrijfscultuur
I enjoyed this job as a part-time job and had fun with my coworkers while working in a continually fast-paced and fun environment.
Barista/Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  San Jose, CA14 december 2017
My experience at this company was positive, and I enjoyed the fast-paced retail and cafe environment of the location. I had great experiences with the customers and became friends with my coworkers. I was able to continue my skills as a barista while I was attending a local college.
Great discount, lovely coworkers
Minpunten
Rare advancement, low hourly wages
I loved working at Barnes and Noble
Sales Associate / Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Tupelo, MS14 december 2017
This has been one of my favorite jobs. I am an avid reader and therefore enjoyed working in a bookstore. The management and the staff worked well with one another. They were flexible with scheduling and willing to work with you on your schedule.
Books
Low pay
Stressful
Server (voormalige medewerker) –  Honolulu, HI13 december 2017
Working at this place isn't that bad, management is okay, although I think the customers really make or break the job. Considering it's a small cafe and many customers believe it to be a Starbucks instead and them hassling the staff makes it a stressful job. If you're great at handling trouble maker customers and you enjoy it--this job is for you. Also caution pretentious customers who come in everyday expect you to know their order as they're a regular.
Just another retail job.
Bookseller and Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Long Beach, CA13 december 2017
While the assumption about working at Barnes & Noble is positively associated with working around books, the fact remains that it is just another retail job. Generally, you feel as if you are putting a lot more effort into your work than you are getting paid for, and numbers and sales are the only thing that matter to the company.
Discounts
Minpunten
Not much career advancement, minimum wage, not employee oriented
Bedrijfscultuur
A good company with sensitive sensibilities.
Receiving Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Cruces, NM13 december 2017
Overall a great company to work for. Great benefits and working hours. A strong management team and many great employees. The company strives for a strong bottom line financially and there is some level of double standard but overall well built culture.
Books and Coffee
Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Michigan13 december 2017
A typical day is re-shelving books and helping customers find what they are looking for. You must be able to hand sell products to be successful in this company.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good work atmosphere with great coworkefs
Cafe Lead (huidige medewerker) –  Bay Shore, NY13 december 2017
I love everyone I work with and the management is pretty nice. Just not too much room for advancement and it is extremity short staffed. The pay for the cafe is rather low considering I feel as if I’m doing the job of 5 people. Great job while you’re in school/figuring out what you want to do!
Great coworkers, very lenient
Minpunten
Low pay, no advancement, sh
Bedrijfscultuur
Comfortable and friendly work environment
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  San Luis Obispo, CA12 december 2017
Great part time job with lots of available shifts.
Customers are generally not in too much of a hurry, there for are less cranky. Café discount keeps you alive and broke.
Can you say fresh baked cookies?!
Great Job
Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Pueblo, CO11 december 2017
They were great and really flexible hours and somewhat great staff. They allowed me to grow as a person and attain great skills. Thank you Barnes & Noble .
Unpleasant and Poor Management
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Glendale, CA11 december 2017
Barnes and Noble was a very difficult place to work at due to the poor management. They were inefficient and struggled to lead employees, often times taking advantage of good employees, and abusing their power.
50% off Starbucks, 30% of Books
Minpunten
Horrible Managers, No Motivational Involvement, Little Pay.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
This place is great for a student....not for a serious career
Book Seller (huidige medewerker) –  Wilberforce, OH 4538411 december 2017
There aren't many benefits and the pay is really low, but if you are a college student its adequate pay. It is enough to get you some food, but not enough to pay your bills.
Fun, Lively, Energetic
low pay, low hours
Bedrijfscultuur
An amazing place to work and always something new to talk about. I work with some of the best people.
Head Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Roanoke, VA11 december 2017
I will always think of Barnes and Noble as a second home. I was lucky to work with the same basic team all eight years and knew they had my back. I will hope to remain in some capacity as part time or seasonal if I can work it out. I had to look for something else when new hires are not far behind me in pay and I have years on them in experience.
Pluspunten
Just about everything was a good thing.
Minpunten
No real advancement after a point and need a better paying job.
Bedrijfscultuur
slow paced, but great people
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Celina, OH10 december 2017
the college campus bookstore I worked at was very small, the day seemed to drag on, wasn't much for me to do, the people I worked with were fantastic, always got the days I asked for off
discount on merchandise
slow paced
Bedrijfscultuur
Buen ambiente sin cafe gratis
Packer (voormalige medewerker) –  Jamesburg, NJ9 december 2017
Variación de trabajo con horarios cambiados y horas extras aveces
Bedrijfscultuur
Barnes and Noble is a results driven business that produces results
Cafe Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  South Burlington, VT9 december 2017
Barnes and Noble is a company that looks for and achieves results, by offering employees expectations and coaching on a regular basis. They have daily meetings with the staff reviewing successes and opportunities of meeting sales needs.
Working for Barnes and Noble really taught me how to drive and lead my team to consistently reach the next goal.
I left Barnes and Noble because my family needs made it difficult for me to give the attention to this position, that I felt it required.
Free lunches, discounts, bonuses
salaried hours
Bedrijfscultuur
Wonderful place to work part- time!
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Manhasset, NY8 december 2017
If you are in college and need some extra pay this is a great place to build basic work skills before graduation. The staff consists of an amazing group of individuals that are diverse and talented. Management is excellent and always available to answer questions regarding work schedules or the overall work environment in general.
employee discounts, flexible hours
Stressful, No Advancement
Café Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Collins, CO8 december 2017
Not really any room for advancement unless you had been working with the company for years.

Kept just between 30 to 40 hours to make sure they didn't have to offer benefits.

Very strict on making sure everything is perfect but are strict on no over time.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren