Barnes & Noble Reviews

Alle 3.923 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Alright
Cashier and Book Seller (voormalige medewerker) –  Massachusetts8 oktober 2018
Didn't mind working. Management makes sure to keep you busy, few customers in store except for mid day Saturday, after church on sundays, or the holiday season.
An Excellent Temporary Position
Bookseller/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY7 oktober 2018
If you love to read and are just looking for a temporary holiday job with decent discounts on lattes, this would be the job for you.
The team was amazing, the customers were well read and quite fun to speak to. The systems were easy to use, and you were paid weekly.
Pluspunten
Books absolutely everywhere, discounts in the cafe, good culture for a temp job
Minpunten
not enough breaks, on your feet the whole shift, temp job with extremely low pay
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Poor Management
CAFÉ SERVER (voormalige medewerker) –  Virginia Beach, VA6 oktober 2018
The upper management was the biggest reason why I left. Overall, it was pretty chill, great paid and even part-time people can get sick time, and after six months paid time off.
Bedrijfscultuur
Retail with all that that implies
customer service (huidige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA6 oktober 2018
The public is exceedingly demanding! The company micro-manages too much. The stores have zero autonomy. Wages are low. Benefits are practically non-existent.
Diverse
Book Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Newport, KY5 oktober 2018
Great place to work for fun and discussion and discounts. The company doesn't typically adhere to employees with families or family schedules however. More prone to schedule family hours for college students to have the ability to party verses employees with families and slightly less seniority. Weekend hours are hard to change or cut back on.
Pluspunten
books, great discounts, fun workplace, great co workers
Minpunten
hours and pay were terrible and inconsistent
Bedrijfscultuur
Relaxing and fun place to work!
Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Waterloo, IA5 oktober 2018
I loved this job! The employees are great, the discount is SO worth it, and the hours are mostly minimal, which is both good and bad. It was a relaxing environment, except through the holidays, when it gets crazy like most retail places. It's a fun place to work, and I definitely recommend it!
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Productive and fun
Cashier/Cafe (huidige medewerker) –  Glastonbury, CT4 oktober 2018
I love working at Barnes and Noble, they schedule well and are able to work around my college classes. Only issues are benefits and the pay I'm getting isn't enough to pay the bills. Love my workers and managers, the environment.
Atmosphere and People
Benefits and Pay
Fellowship
Customer Care (voormalige medewerker) –  New Hyde Park, NY3 oktober 2018
It was like an extended family and I found the even on the busiest of days, it still felt leisure.
The hardest parts were on inventory days and the most enjoyable parts were the books and diverse customers.
Pluspunten
Bonding with Customers and Co-workers.
Minpunten
short breaks and inventory day.
Not worthwhile
Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Boston, MA3 oktober 2018
While I was there, management was a drug addict who has since been fired, but who was borderline abusive to minimum wage employees. Nice to talk to regular customers, though
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
It was a fun work place
Brooklyn, NY - Assistant Summer Youth Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY3 oktober 2018
Working here was not bad at all, honestly. Aside from the consistent standing and walking around there was not much to complain about. the children were children and the adults did their jobs as best as they can
Absolutely loved working here
Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Wyoming, MI2 oktober 2018
The people at Barnes and Noble were the best part. We were like a little community. The job was very easy and fast-paced. The management was excellent. I have no complaints there. I would recommend working here to anyone.
Bedrijfscultuur
Too much micromanagement and no days off
Café Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Bay Shore, NY1 oktober 2018
I was hired as the cafe supervisor and promised opportunity for advancement; the manager quit, so having only been there about 2 weeks, I had to do his job and mine for the same pay and was still being trained myself, by the employees I was supposed to be overseeing. Management was disrespectful and condescending and I consistently got scheduled to close and then open the next day.

A perk was that I really enjoyed most of my coworkers, they were sweet! The employee discount on food was also awesome, but we were never allowed to take home things that were "spoiling" (AKA fresh food that goes against health codes after 2 days) - I suggested donating the excess food and it's against company policy. Such a waste.
Coworkers, employee discount
Minpunten
Short breaks, pay, management, scheduling
Fun place to work
Cafe Lead (huidige medewerker) –  State College, PA1 oktober 2018
At both BN locations I worked at, I loved the management team. Everyone is friendly and is willing to help as many customers as they can. The workplace is pretty laidback but have expectations for everyone.
Pluspunten
great discounts, scheduled breaks so you don't miss one
Minpunten
some days are busy and others are slow
It was nice
Book Seller (voormalige medewerker) –  Detroit, MI30 september 2018
I worked for a campus bookstore, so it got pretty hectic during the first few weeks of classes, but other than that, it was pretty chill. I mainly worked in the twxt book department.
Discounts!
Rush week customers
16 years for what?
MERCHANIDSE MANAGER (voormalige medewerker) –  Portland, OR30 september 2018
Worked for the company for 16 years. Unfortunately, politics and nepotism that occurred in the area kept me from moving to a store closer to home. Upper management in the area is completely awful.
Coworkers, discount
Everything else
Fun place to work
Quality Control (huidige medewerker) –  Monroe, NJ29 september 2018
The place is awesome. You want to go there everyday. It is nice. It is a fun place to be and the work is not that hard as you think it is. I have a great time there.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Great Job
barista, deliver samples and operate cash register (huidige medewerker) –  South Bend, IN29 september 2018
Everyone works well together and looks out for each other. The managers care about the workers and they train them extensively. It is a safe and clean environment.
discounts
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Was once a great place to work
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Spanish Fort, AL28 september 2018
Barnes and Noble was once a great place to work! Not anymore. It’s gone from being a bookstore with heart, to a company that doesn’t care about its employees. They won’t hire any full time employees anymore because they don’t want to have to pay benefits. They believe they are going to save themselves 40 million dollars by doing this. The only thing that this will do for them is keep them afloat for a little longer.
You were once great.
R.I.P. Barnes and Noble.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Simple cafe to work at, like a Starbucks with less drinks.
Cafe Server (voormalige medewerker) –  Annapolis, MD28 september 2018
A regular day at work was pretty simple. We had a lot of regulars, so it was easy to get orders ready for those people, and they were all sympathetic when things didn't work smoothly.

The management for the store was effective, but the manager to the cafe was abysmal.
The most stressful part of the job was anytime we had some sort of school event, it was just a lot all at once, but nothing necessarily horrible.
Discounts on store stuff
Bedrijfscultuur
close nit group of coworkers
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Sacramento, CA28 september 2018
I only worked part time. but the people i worked with were great. The work was pleasant, and the managers were always helpful. Great job for a college or high school student who like to read.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Barnes & Noble. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag