Barnes & Noble Reviews

Alle 2.975 reviews worden getoond
Extraordinary experience
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE DISTRICT MANAGER (voormalige medewerker) –  Escondido, CA14 november 2017
Working for the American's largest bookseller was extraordinary. I had the privilege to experienced such a diverse environment in Barnes & Nobles with minimal experience. I was conducting two part-time employment at the time both rewarding at the end of my employment. I love taking action and finding solutions for the staff and for the public sector.
Educational.
Benefits.
Great establishment
Bookkeeper (voormalige medewerker) –  Brooklyn, NY13 november 2017
I loved working for this company. I started out as a temp to permanent. There is so much room for higher advancement in this company. I started as a cashier and was advanced to Bookkeeper.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great to make friends. Not as a career.
Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Colorado12 november 2017
Most store managers are condescending and rude. Was sexually harassed by a asm who is now a store manager, physically abused by a receiving manager and verbally abused by a now district manager. As young kid I didn't report it but now as a manager within the company I try to fight these thing from happening to part time employees on a more level playing field... but I know it still happens in some stores. You make great lifetime friends but be prepared to hate it.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place for readers and book lovers
Customer service (huidige medewerker) –  Bridgewater, NJ12 november 2017
Good place for college student or retiree. Not a place to earn a big salary, but 20 hour employees do receive benefits. Where else does that happen?

Employees receive generous discount and also get advance reader copies of new books to come out for review. Lots toys, games, gifts and music plus a cafe where employees get 50% off.

Highly recommend this to people who want to read, make a few new friends, and are available anywhere from 8 to midnight.

Career paths are for Merchandise Managers , ASM and the Store Manager. Also the Community Relations person is a good position that is better paid.
Pluspunten
Discounts, paid time off, reasonable schedules.
Lower wages.
books
Café Lead/Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Manchester, NH12 november 2017
Fun place to work for a college kid just working to get through school. Nice discounts on books, food and drink. A unique working experience and environment.
Bedrijfscultuur
I wouldn't work here again.
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Boulder, CO10 november 2017
Even if I was desperate I wouldn't work here again. One week I would work 28 hours and the next week I would work 10. The only good part was using dayforce to pick up shifts. Otherwise, don't work here unless you absolutely need something out of it.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
If you love books - it's great
HEAD CASHIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL10 november 2017
Typical retail job but it's books - day to day customer service stuff. Good discount and some ability to check out books like a library. best part books worst part minimal hours unless you're management
Bedrijfscultuur
Positive environment, helpful coworkers, strong learning experience
CASHIER (huidige medewerker) –  Midland, MI10 november 2017
The overall environment in Barnes & Noble is calm and positive. Both the customers and coworkers are very enjoyable to work with. There is a lot to learn, as most employees are trained in multiple different jobs within the store. A typical day fluctuates a lot seeing as customers come and go and holiday season brings more in than usual.
Calm environment overall
Minpunten
Can quickly become stressful depending on customer flow
Bedrijfscultuur
Best job I've had so far.
Barista (huidige medewerker) –  Miami, FL9 november 2017
It was fun, weekdays were always fun to work since it was so dead (It was dead because it was inside a mall but I do know the store itself is quite full most times) my coworkers are great and management as well. The pay in Miami is starting 9 per hour and they add 25 cents to your paycheck every year you stay there.
Discount on Food + Books
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
entertaining place to work
Café Lead (voormalige medewerker) –  Raleigh, NC9 november 2017
you get to meet a lot of new people in this store but it is repettitive work and gets boring. The cafe is hard labor as well. If you're young and looking for a first time career, then it's a great place to work.
Bedrijfscultuur
Barnes and nobles was a good job
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Akron, OH8 november 2017
I would totally recommend Barnes and nobles to anyone. All my coworkers were really nice and helpful. My managers were helpful also and very nice. The location was a perfect spot for me and they worked with my school schedule.
discounts
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun place with Great People.
Barista (huidige medewerker) –  North Wales, PA8 november 2017
Being a cafe server is not hard, but it is a lot of work the drinks are not very hard to make and even if you are stuck you have many people to support you. There will be times where you will be frustrated, even overwhelmed but you will not be alone, everyone there even the book sellers are there to help you.
Pluspunten
Fantastic people, employee discounts, and a chance to be creative with the drinks.
Minpunten
It can be physically taxing, the job is not hard, but their is much to do.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Excellent Environment, Easy Work, Pay Is Not Great
Part Time Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Omaha, NE7 november 2017
I've worked at Barnes and Noble little over a year but I would not quit unless I absolutely had to. The people I work with are all amazingly intelligent and kind individuals, all with a unique personality. This is the first job I've worked where I haven't experienced any drama because the people I work with recognize that bickering will not help us grow as a team. Management is on point and cares deeply for their employees and though there is the typical corporate touch that brings a little annoyance to the job, overall it is a wonderful place to work. The only downside to the job is that the pay is not great and I won't blame the company for that. Unfortunately book stores are struggling to survive in the onslaught of online retail. Even then I have received more pay raises unprompted than at a retail establishment I worked at for 4+ years that is thriving. They care about their employees and their happiness. The job itself is not terribly exciting but if you love books and talking to people that are passionate about reading, you'll fit right in.
Pluspunten
Love my customers and coworker, the work is interesting and management cares for their employees
Low pay
Was ok
System Administrator (huidige medewerker) –  Monroe, NJ7 november 2017
The company was great to work for at one point family oriented. They worked as a family and cared about the employees. But I guess like anything else. The big picture took over and lead to bad decisions.. Of course when that happens the little guy gets the bad part. A lot of us were outsourced just because even though the outsourcing company didn't have the people to do our jobs. ..
Pluspunten
Coworkers are great we did what we needed to and with what we had
Minpunten
Management is always changing their minds and not fully looking at the big picture and the outcome.
I miss Barnes&Noble.
Lead Sales Associate in Music Department (voormalige medewerker) –  Calabasas, CAN7 november 2017
I loved working at Barnes&Noble and I loved being around my passion all day, books. Plus I had the pleasure of working with people I now have the privilege of calling my friends.
Pluspunten
Discounts and paid vacation.
Angry customers
Bedrijfscultuur
Hard work, great coworkers, challenging environment.
Receiving Manager (huidige medewerker) –  United States6 november 2017
The work at B&N has always been challenging (merchandising books, moving fixtures, getting things done), but the payoff is helping people find exactly what they're looking for. The employees are usually bookish and smart. Store culture is different from store to store (my store's always been pretty great), but corporately the push to contunually try to do more and more with less will grind you down.
Great coworkers, Good discounts
Low wages, Corporate Culture
Sales associate
worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Spokane, WA6 november 2017
As a sales associate I gained knowledge in cashiering and costumer service. I also received shipping and order knowledge pulling books, packaging them, and sorting them accordingly. I often restocked shelves and displays while also answering and questions costumers had.
Pluspunten
Cashier, stocking, shipping, and receiving experience.
Not enough hours.
The great divided
Bookseller/Cashier/Customer Serv. Rep (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA 191036 november 2017
Favoritism, insider hiring, low pay, inconvenient scheduling. However its always great to work with books, great discount in cafe and on sales floor. Events are not outrages!
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Na
Book Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Norfolk, VA5 november 2017
This was a very fun job and a great work environment. The staff work together as one and got the job done as needed. The management was helpful and assisted whenever needed.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great people, Great place to work
Cashier/ Certified Trainer (voormalige medewerker) –  Bend, OR 977025 november 2017
The work environment was fantastic, Great team great events, lots of fun.The pay could have been better and the opportunity to advance was very difficult...it takes a very long time and there are limited work positions available.
great team
Minpunten
Hard to advance, bad pay

Algehele waardering