Barnes & Noble Reviews

3.915 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 3.916 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
I loved he work but hated the “lack of” pay
Customer Service Representative/head cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Dothan alabama17 september 2018
Working at Barnes and noble was a wonderful experience. My management team and co workers were like family. I would recommend Barnes and noble to anyone seeking employment.
Pluspunten
Discounts, work environment, overall ambiance
Low pay
Bedrijfscultuur
Good part-time job for students with decent workload
Customer Service Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  College Station, TX17 september 2018
I enjoyed working in the MSC Barnes & Noble. It was a great location and since I didn't have a car I was able to take the bus to campus and walk over. The people were cool, I got an employee discount, and most of the time the foot traffic was manageable. The only downside was the requirement to work on gamedays, though we were given the option to work only before and after football games, not during the entire game. All in all, a decent campus job and steady money for students.
Pluspunten
Location, employee discount, business casual attire, easy work, young environment
Working game days.
Bedrijfscultuur
Stressful work environment but the best co-workers
Newsstand Lead (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY17 september 2018
Too much work with not enough staff. The rules from corporate are completely counter productive. It's a retail job so there's a lot of customer interaction.
Great
Cafe Barista, Customer Service/Book Floor (voormalige medewerker) –  Florida17 september 2018
It is work. Work is fun. Stuff is run by corporate. Corporate loves you. Sales and working. Organizing and working. Stuff gets done. I love my job and they wont give me full time.
colorful product
colorful product
Not bad, just stressful
Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Newington, NH16 september 2018
Although I was only there a short time, it was a stressful job. Often I was working alone during rushes and my manager was a distraction. It was useful that a lot of others in the store were understanding when they ordered or when I needed an extra bit of help during rushes.
Great first job!
Barista and Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Lynchburg, VA15 september 2018
It was a great job for my first time working however the pay was very low. We did not get free meals during shifts and we could not take food after closing even if they were to get tossed.
great experience
Minpunten
no free lunches or drinks, low pay
Bedrijfscultuur
Friendly and collaborative work culture
Café Server (huidige medewerker) –  Birmingham, AL15 september 2018
Great opportunity to build relationships with both staff and customers. Developed strong customer service skills and ability to adapt to fast-paced work environment.
Great for Students
Head Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY14 september 2018
This is a good company to work for if you are a student or can only work part-time. The only way to have a full-time position here is if you are a manager.

The people are great to work with but there is no communication between managers and booksellers. The pay is not high enough for the amount of responsibilities booksellers have.
Productive and fun workplace
Bookseller/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Topeka, KS13 september 2018
My typical day at work started with stocking new books and continued with customer service, while being prepared to assist my colleagues at the cash register.
I learned new skills in multitasking, communication and effective teamwork.
The management team does a terrific job in making sure that everything runs smoothly, while at the same time ensuring that all employees treat each other fairly and feel comfortable in the work environment.
The workplace culture passionately follows the principles of honesty, integrity and service and strives every day to become an even more successful company.
The hardest part of the job is when only very few employees are available and it becomes challenging to keep everything running smoothly.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to work together with a team of dedicated and supportive associates and making meaningful connections.
Pluspunten
Free lunches, competitive pay, product discount
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a dream to be working with people who liked books and coffee.
Barnes and Noble Bookseller and cafe (voormalige medewerker) –  Dothan, AL13 september 2018
The managers were always apologizing about the poor pay that they had to work with. I would still be working there had it not been for the salary. At that time, I was afraid not to have health care and the salary alone was not enough to truly live a quality life on your own.
THat's the only reason that I left.

The workplace was great. You can always smell cofffees, cookies, books etc. People are generally in a good mood and just need a little help figuring out what it is that they want or need. All associates were helpful fun and eager to please.

We all had to be able to do each job. My lease favorite was the cafe floor and the end of the day or cleaning bathrooms. I did it though; all of us did.
Pluspunten
Being around people who were excited about books and food.
Minpunten
Very low salary. That mattered at the time. Not anymore.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
A Fun Place To Work
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  McLean, VA12 september 2018
Working in a bookstore is always a fun job for me. It affords me the opportunity to not only become familiar with previously unknown tome books, but also to interact with people, customers and colleagues, who enjoy those books and are knowledgeable in those fields. Working at Barnes & Noble afforded me that opportunity, as well as offering me a fun and flexible workplace.
Pluspunten
Being around books, music, and movies. Like minded colleagues.
Low wages, dress code.
Fun place to work
Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Wausau, WI12 september 2018
This was one of my most favorite part time jobs. I enjoyed the work and my co-workers were great to work with. The woman that trained me was super nice and patient, and made sure I was doing ok even when she wasn't working. Would recommend to anyone looking for a stimulating part time position.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Great place to work.
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Tallahassee, FL12 september 2018
In the time I worked there I had 5 different managers. They were all
excellent in their own way. The pace at B&N is very relaxed but with the expectations that your job assignment will be completed in a timely manner. I think the very best part of this job was working with staff that was there at the time and of course meeting new and interesting customers.
Great working atmosphere
Under staffed and fast-paced
Café Server (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY11 september 2018
Working in the Barnes & Noble cafe in the NYC area is not recommended for everyone, as we are typically understaffed and it is a very fast-paced environment where you will be expected to handle numerous customers at once all on your own.
Reasonable lunch break
Under-staffed
Bedrijfscultuur
good
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX11 september 2018
good place to work lots of work to do but your surroundings make it better the employees are great the customers are customers so what can ya say but good place
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work if you're OK with retail hours
Lead Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Roseville, MN11 september 2018
As far as retail jobs go, B&N is one of the best. If you love reading, talking about books, being around book lovers, etc., it's a great place to spend a day.
As a full-time bookseller, I had to spend a certain amount of time working the cash register or information desk, or walking the floor straightening shelves or putting books away. Also, I was in charge of maintaining certain areas of the store, which meant setting up planned promotional shelves, endcaps, or tables, or restocking inventory.
The biggest drawbacks are the odd hours...working nights and weekends...and the occasional difficult customer. But that's part of any retail job, and readers are usually good people so they're not a super common sight.
Pluspunten
Discount, relaxed atmosphere, fun people
Odd hours, difficult customers
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
productive and a great place to work
Digital Sales Lead (voormalige medewerker) –  Fayetteville, AR11 september 2018
barnes and noble wa s a greta place to work. the manager were understanding and trained the employees well . i wish they paid more .other than that i have no complaints
the working environment
the salaery
fun workplace
Merchandise Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  McAllen, TX10 september 2018
Great benefit package, excellent job culture. A lot of readjustment trough the company, and high turnover due to changes.
A typical day will be helping customers and working with Eplanner
2,0
Don't do it
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Arlington, TX10 september 2018
The company is on its way out. I give it 2 more years tops before they file for bankrupcy. They are constantly operating on a skeleton crew, there are not enough people to help all the customers, do the projects and keep product on the shelves. Not to mention dumb corporate policies being handed down every month that only makes things harder.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
An overall outstanding place to work.
General Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Easton, OH10 september 2018
I spent 18 years in the book industry, the last 10 with Barnes & Noble. I enjoyed my time there and the diversity of having a café and music department.

I was able to work with some amazing people and only left due to the demand of the long retail hours.
Great Environment
Hours
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Barnes & Noble. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag