Barnes & Noble Reviews

Alle 2.979 reviews worden getoond
Sales associate
worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Spokane, WA6 november 2017
As a sales associate I gained knowledge in cashiering and costumer service. I also received shipping and order knowledge pulling books, packaging them, and sorting them accordingly. I often restocked shelves and displays while also answering and questions costumers had.
Pluspunten
Cashier, stocking, shipping, and receiving experience.
Not enough hours.
The great divided
Bookseller/Cashier/Customer Serv. Rep (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA 191036 november 2017
Favoritism, insider hiring, low pay, inconvenient scheduling. However its always great to work with books, great discount in cafe and on sales floor. Events are not outrages!
Na
Book Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Norfolk, VA5 november 2017
This was a very fun job and a great work environment. The staff work together as one and got the job done as needed. The management was helpful and assisted whenever needed.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great people, Great place to work
Cashier/ Certified Trainer (voormalige medewerker) –  Bend, OR 977025 november 2017
The work environment was fantastic, Great team great events, lots of fun.The pay could have been better and the opportunity to advance was very difficult...it takes a very long time and there are limited work positions available.
great team
Minpunten
Hard to advance, bad pay
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work with students and learn new life lessons
Store Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Lexington, KY5 november 2017
A day here is pretty relaxed except during busy times (beginning of a semester.
You will stock books, and fill online orders. Return voicemails and emails in a timely manner.

I worked with other Bookstore Managers with their requests of books and supplies for online classes.

B&N College Booksellers has a upbeat and fun atmosphere.

Hardest part of this job is buying books back from students and sometime difficult customers with difficult situations.

Most enjoyable, helping students get ready for another year.
Pluspunten
Flexible hours, great people, discounts
Minpunten
Can be quick paced, stressful and very busy, and long hours
Friendly work environment
Sales Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Sanford, FL4 november 2017
I learned how to treat customers while building relationship one to one.
Flexible schedule
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun place to work
Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  New Philadelphia, OH3 november 2017
Typically a day consists of filling text book orders, checking in shipped merchandise, stockings shelves and, most importantly, customer service. Working with the customers is one of my favorite aspects of this job. However, it can be challenging when there's not good communication between you and the customer. Such as, the return policy on rental textbooks and other policies.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Fun Place to work
Cafe Server (huidige medewerker) –  High Point, NC2 november 2017
I loved working at this store. The management team is awesome and so our the other employees. Everyone helps each other out and offers help all the time.
Chaos
Barista/Shift Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Boynton Beach, FL2 november 2017
Management is disorderly, and they always mess up the schedule. There are always holes in the schedule that we have to fill with 2 hour notice. Most customers are very friendly and enjoyable, and the Cafe manager is the only one who knows what she's doing.
Fun work place
Assistant Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  San Bruno, CA2 november 2017
Great place for a young adult to work. The staff is friendly and overall the workplace was fun. Great benefits and pay. Nice quiet place to work, awesome discounts.
Talent Management Focus
Assistant Store Manager (huidige medewerker) –  NOPE1 november 2017
The company is pretty liberal, and that is a great thing for a Fortune 500. The pay is divided into different districts, and is different throughout the USA. There is a lack of understanding from corporate vs retail stores. Example: Project hours vs staffing. The management job is challenging, but rewarding. If you like meeting goals, management here is a good job. Retail has been in the decline, and begs the questions, is this a stable job? Full time employees receive great health insurance, vision, & dental. Paid time off, sick days, and personal days. The typical day at work is customer centric, usually two different or more managers on duty. Management is either task focused or 100% customer centric. The customer view is critical to the companies overall health. Recent changes with CEO have created a corporate gloom, that management has to overcome.
Pluspunten
Great benefits IF full time.
Minpunten
Changing CEO, corporate not understanding store structure
A Booklover's Dream
Receiving Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Woodland Park, NJ1 november 2017
The company is a great place to work if you are a self-starter who takes initiative and loves books. A shift can be at any location from the cashier to working in café or receiving and the hours are flexible.
The management ladder is easy to follow and there Is room for advancement in most departments.
Pluspunten
Free books, coming across the newest titles
Minpunten
can be stressful work environment
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
it's book selling, plain and simple
Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL1 november 2017
Good place to work, Typical retail, with books. If you understand retail culture- namely, the priority of income over, say, customer comfort, then this is a good place. They treat employees VERY well, and if you're a bibliophile, I highly recommend. However, if sales culture and social interactions are not your cup of tea, then I suggest finding something else.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work but upper management is out of touch
Merchandising Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA1 november 2017
I loved working with the booksellers. The culture is forward thinking and there is a genuine love for the products. At a store level I had no complaints but the District Manager has oversight on all promotions and does not communicate well enough with staff to make informed decisions.
Pluspunten
Book culture, discounts, great staff
Upper management
Typical day at work
Bookseller/Barista (huidige medewerker) –  Texas31 oktober 2017
Its challenged at time but I always provide excellent customer service to anyone who need it. Working there isn't the problem, its the customers they give a hard time. Sometimes you go out of your way to help them but are still given a rude attitude.
Great culture
Database Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY29 oktober 2017
Working in the stores is challenging and rewarding. Being able to assist customers in locating products and maintaining company image is vital. Working at a corporate level is demanding and competitive, but there is room to change departments and learn new skills.
Store discount
Bedrijfscultuur
Great job for someone who loves books
Book Seller / Café Worker ( Part Time) (voormalige medewerker) –  Asheville, NC28 oktober 2017
I got this job as a seasonal cashier. I was ask to stay and I became a bookseller. The discount is great. It was hard to not use your whole pay check on books.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4Nee 4Rapporteren
The industry standard in College Bookstores
Assistant Manager (huidige medewerker) –  SUNY College at Old Westbury Campus Bookstore28 oktober 2017
I greatly enjoyed working for the company as a whole. I learned many valuable retail management skills that can be put to use for other companies. Unfortunately, the manager I work under is not as committed to the success of the business as I am and that has caused me to start seeking other employment. I also believe my management skills and experience combined with my culinary experience can help me in finding a higher paying position.
A Marketing and Clan Culture Combined at Some Locations
Store Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY27 oktober 2017
The organizational culture is not maintained throughout the entire organization, some locations are much better places to work compared to others. Moreover, there are favoritism by management as it pertains to their employees, some employees tend to be more valued than others. Employees at a lower level are treated as assets rather than humans, and there is a lack of diversity higher up the hierarchy. Nevertheless, the company is very adaptive to their external environment, and uphold a positive reputation among their business partners and vendors.
Pluspunten
Very adaptive, and work hard to maintain a competitive advantage.
Minpunten
Treat employees more like assets, lack of career development to executive level.
Flexible hours
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbus, OH26 oktober 2017
They work around your schedule for school. Management was not always cohesive. High turnover. Friendly atmosphere. Easy job. Laid back. Could get boring at times.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5NeeRapporteren