Barnes & Noble Reviews

Alle 3.915 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
I liked working for this company
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  West Hartford, CT10 september 2018
I was hired on a part time basis when the store first opened. I would have liked to have been hired on a permanent basis but management decided otherwise. I heard later on that the store closed shortly thereafter.
great people, interesting work
Minpunten
I wasn't able to find a perminent place there
Bedrijfscultuur
Sad to see what it's become
Bookseller/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Kalamazoo, MI9 september 2018
High expectations on part time employees (and everyone is part time), more work than time to do it, horrible training, bad morale, stressful. There is incredible pressure to sell over priced memberships which customers are sick of hearing about. Left alone to do the job almost right away with little training from an outdated book. They get mad when you limit your availability but they only offer 20 hours and no benefits so how are people to live unless they have another job?
Pluspunten
the people I worked with were nice
Minpunten
no benefits, low pay, difficult work conditions
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Barnes & Noble
Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Plano, TX9 september 2018
The atmosphere is congenial, and while there is work to do, it is not backbreaking or stressful, and it does help make the time go faster. Also, employees are allowed breaks and time for lunch.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Need Stronger Store Managers
Community Business Development Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Glendora, CA8 september 2018
Unfortunately, B&N is in a tough place at the moment, 2018 has been a hard year for them and that shows in the store. Most the day is spent doing task from previous days because they are so short staffed and under trained. The Store Mangers spend most the time giving order and doing busy work, but don't help complete the task to get done in a timely manner.
Pluspunten
You get to be around books
not enough staff
Bedrijfscultuur
Great part time job for serious book lovers
BOOK SALESMAN (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY8 september 2018
Barns and Noble is a great place to work part time. The pay is good and the hours are pretty decent as well. Although you don't really have a say in where you work in the store as a part timer, you do get a lot of experience with customer service and the layout of the store.
Pluspunten
Great learning experience for beginners in retail
Minpunten
Can be stress full at times depending of the customer you are workings with.
Very friendly work environment
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY8 september 2018
On a typical busy day, we usually have a lot of customers come in to purchase their books and so it is essential that you be quick in finding books and other things they or even help multiple customers to help to their satisfaction.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 2Rapporteren
Was fun for a while
Book Seller (voormalige medewerker) –  Bloomington, MN7 september 2018
Working hard and being loyal to the company didn't keep them from eliminating my position and going to a business model with very few full time employees.
Pluspunten
Interesting and every changing products
Minpunten
lots of standing and walking
Bedrijfscultuur
Es muy buena, tratan muy bien a los empleados y hay muchos beneficios.
Recibidora, empacadora y despachadosra (voormalige medewerker) –  EEUU7 september 2018
Trabajar en Barnesand Noble es muy bueno, nos dan facilidad de promovernos y ambiente de trabajo con los compañeros excelente, muy buenos beneficios.
Pluspunten
seguro privado, vacaciones y dias de enfermedad
no creo q hay contras
Productive work place
Bookseller and Cashier and Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA6 september 2018
The job was one of my best experiences. I enjoyed helping students because i now what its like to be a student and I also enjoyed the atmosphere. The vibe was always positive and I learned a lot about time management.
discounts
not enough hours
Bedrijfscultuur
Loved my managment and coworkers
Certified Trainer Cafe (voormalige medewerker) –  Maple Grove, MN6 september 2018
I worked in the café area so my experience is specific to that. I loved my job because as a barista I liked the pace in the bookstore; most are there to shop so I was able to chat with guests about books or their day verses getting their coffee and leaving. My specific location had fantastic management and I never dreaded working any shift because all my coworkers were great.
It wasn't fun at all
Music Seller (voormalige medewerker) –  Cape Girardeau, MO6 september 2018
This was a career I was sad to say I was unhappy to work at. If you not making sales they push you out no chances, or help they just expect you to do it.
Great
Cashier/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Charleston, SC5 september 2018
Great place to work. Maybe not temp but very fast pace and always something do. Hard at a College during rush week but overall a good experience for a college student plus full round discounts even when not working.
Discounts
Short breaks
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Easy starter job
Barista (huidige medewerker) –  Paramus, NJ5 september 2018
A good place to start your work experience. Working in the cafe, you do have room to move up but takes time like with most places of employment. You'll find that the staff is more enjoyable than the job itself.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
If you want part time for being in school this is a maybe or NO!
Sales Associate / Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Oberlin, OH5 september 2018
Slow days, slow nights, cashier, asking customers the same questions over and over, "can I help you". Look up books, textbooks, inventory yada yada. Boring job, DEFINITELY not enough money. Flexible schedule, just wasn't a good job. If you need some pocket change, literally this is what this place is. Also, the discounts are really good. I got like 15% or 20% I don't remember off books, which was great!
huge discount on books.
Boring, low wages.
Bedrijfscultuur
Company tends to make irrational, ill-advised decisions that it quickly abandons in favor of other irrational, ill-advised decisions.
STORE MANAGER (huidige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX4 september 2018
Barnes & Noble operates within a challenging retail climate, margins are thin, and the revolving door of CEOs creates a whirlwind of uncertainty, confusion, and turn-on-a-dime upper management decisions. It's mercurial, irrational and frustrating. But it's also an incredible environment to work in. Books and people make it worthwhile. When the District Managers and Regional Vice Presidents get out of the way, it's a fun place to work.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
A perfectly fine place to work
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Ventura, CA4 september 2018
Not somewhere I would want to work forever, but it's a fine part time job. The people are nice and working around books is fun. They were fairly flexible with hours.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
the people are extremely nice
Hold a Barista and a Server Title (huidige medewerker) –  Folsom, CA4 september 2018
Barnes and Noble is a nice place to work. The people are fun and it is a very team oriented place. It is a fast-paced environment and you have to work well under pressure.
the team!
Minpunten
lack of advancement to grow
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Entertaining Environment!
CAFÉ BARISTA (voormalige medewerker) –  Cleveland, OH3 september 2018
I worked for Barnes and Noble as a barista at the cafe. The job is amazing for expressing yourself through your art (in his case is making coffee)! The managers are amazing and the training is very detailed. As long as you take the craft seriously, it is an AWESOME gig.
Fun job
Physically Taxing
Barnes and Noble is a good Company
Payroll Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Westbury, NY2 september 2018
I do not have much to say as I did not work for them long enough to have an opinion.

I had a good experience working in their Payroll Department I left because of a better opportunity.
It’s going downhill
Cafe Lead (voormalige medewerker) –  Bozeman, MT2 september 2018
Working at B&N was fun for the first year. As time went on, corporate took over more and more, and we had less and less freedom as employees. People started getting laid off, so we were short staffed all the time and therefore always stressed at work. The pay is less than what you’d make anywhere else in the mall. Things are constantly changing which makes employees have to be on high alert at all times in fear of messing something up and getting reprimanded.
Discounts
Stressful environment, poor management
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Barnes & Noble. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag