Reviews voor Barista bij Barnes & Noble

349 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 3.921 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
little hours
Barista/Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Miami, FL20 oktober 2018
when getting a part time job at the cafe at barnes and nobles, understand you wont be able to live off that unless you are in high school living with your parents
30% discount at barnes and nobles
little hours
Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Thousand Oaks, CA16 oktober 2018
There's kind of a family feel with the employees here. I did end leaving because I needed to be earning more, but the job itself and my coworkers were great.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced but relaxed setting
Barista/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Cruces, NM14 oktober 2018
Cafe is typically busy during the mornings and during lunch hours as you tend to have many regulars who arrive to the mall to walk in the morning and mall employees stop by for a coffee or lunch break throughout the day. Always something to work on and to help keep clean. Frequent interaction with book floor staff and decent discounts on food and goods.
Pluspunten
Discounts, relaxed work environment, able to build good report with regular customers
Minpunten
Very public space to constantly on the lookout for suspicious activity, daily reminders that cafe was unable to accept Starbucks reward/gift cards
Bedrijfscultuur
Relaxing and fun place to work!
Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Waterloo, IA5 oktober 2018
I loved this job! The employees are great, the discount is SO worth it, and the hours are mostly minimal, which is both good and bad. It was a relaxing environment, except through the holidays, when it gets crazy like most retail places. It's a fun place to work, and I definitely recommend it!
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
2,0
Not worthwhile
Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Boston, MA3 oktober 2018
While I was there, management was a drug addict who has since been fired, but who was borderline abusive to minimum wage employees. Nice to talk to regular customers, though
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Absolutely loved working here
Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Wyoming, MI2 oktober 2018
The people at Barnes and Noble were the best part. We were like a little community. The job was very easy and fast-paced. The management was excellent. I have no complaints there. I would recommend working here to anyone.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Great Job
barista, deliver samples and operate cash register (huidige medewerker) –  South Bend, IN29 september 2018
Everyone works well together and looks out for each other. The managers care about the workers and they train them extensively. It is a safe and clean environment.
discounts
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
A great job.
server & Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Woodinville, WA 9807227 september 2018
Good training culture, they make sure you're equipped to actually doing things without throwing you on the ropes. Relaxed environment, and I never had any concerns of not physically being able to keep the store stocked or to satisfy all the customers, which I've dealt with before. Great working culture as well, although there's some gossip (but where isn't there workplace gossip, really?)
Nice team members
Barista/Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Clifton, NJ24 september 2018
Overall, it's a good place to work. However, some people would call out a lot. The people who I worked with were nice but I couldn't adjust to the atmosphere of the place.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Don't listen to their "promises"
CAFE BARISTA (voormalige medewerker) –  Mesa, AZ19 september 2018
Started as a barista at the store and didn't get an opportunity to advance. I wanted to become a bookseller. I bent over backwards for the company and reaped no rewards. Sad. The management was always changing and it was hard for anyone to love the store owner. All other managers on duty were nice and helpful.
30% off everything, easy to change days, happy environment
Minpunten
Management changes, no promised followed through, very stressful.
Not bad, just stressful
Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Newington, NH16 september 2018
Although I was only there a short time, it was a stressful job. Often I was working alone during rushes and my manager was a distraction. It was useful that a lot of others in the store were understanding when they ordered or when I needed an extra bit of help during rushes.
Great first job!
Barista and Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Lynchburg, VA15 september 2018
It was a great job for my first time working however the pay was very low. We did not get free meals during shifts and we could not take food after closing even if they were to get tossed.
great experience
Minpunten
no free lunches or drinks, low pay
Fun place to work
Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Wausau, WI12 september 2018
This was one of my most favorite part time jobs. I enjoyed the work and my co-workers were great to work with. The woman that trained me was super nice and patient, and made sure I was doing ok even when she wasn't working. Would recommend to anyone looking for a stimulating part time position.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Easy starter job
Barista (huidige medewerker) –  Paramus, NJ5 september 2018
A good place to start your work experience. Working in the cafe, you do have room to move up but takes time like with most places of employment. You'll find that the staff is more enjoyable than the job itself.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
the people are extremely nice
Hold a Barista and a Server Title (huidige medewerker) –  Folsom, CA4 september 2018
Barnes and Noble is a nice place to work. The people are fun and it is a very team oriented place. It is a fast-paced environment and you have to work well under pressure.
the team!
Minpunten
lack of advancement to grow
Entertaining Environment!
CAFÉ BARISTA (voormalige medewerker) –  Cleveland, OH3 september 2018
I worked for Barnes and Noble as a barista at the cafe. The job is amazing for expressing yourself through your art (in his case is making coffee)! The managers are amazing and the training is very detailed. As long as you take the craft seriously, it is an AWESOME gig.
Fun job
Physically Taxing
Fun workplace
Barista/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Myrtle Beach, SC1 september 2018
Its a great enviroment. Management is friendly. Understanding to a point. Its fun to work there. The other employees are friendly and helpful. It like one big family.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work, friendly staff
Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Newark, DE27 augustus 2018
Great place to work. Loads of different position. Cafe hours are great, as well as the book seller position. Super friendly staff. Great management team.
Productive and Fun
Café Server/Barista (huidige medewerker) –  El Paso, TX16 augustus 2018
Keeps you on the move for the most part regardless if its busy or not. Recommend as a starter job to help develop customer service skills and ability to multi-task.
1,0
So Not Worth It
Barista/Bookseller/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Tucson, AZ13 augustus 2018
I started out in the cafe. I was trained well and the cafe management was great. The problem? Although I was getting paid minimum wage, I was doing what the managers were doing, but without the benefits. When the managers weren’t there, I was told by the bookfloor and general managers to call/write in and put away the orders, call mechanics, and other things I had no training on. There also were many, many times that I was in the cafe all by myself for an hour at a time during a rush. Twice just happened to be when the food and milk order came. Even the regulars started to notice.
Besides that craziness, the closing shift would always be 3:00-10:30, or 11:00. There is too much to do to close up the cafe with only 2 people.
When I finally got the chance to remain in the bookfloor, someone left in the cafe, and I was told to cover for them. This happened not only for the day to day coverage, but I ended up only getting shifts in the cafe because so many people had left the company.
On the flip side, the bookfloor was fun!
Pluspunten
Discounts, easy access to coffee, the “book smell”
Minpunten
Long hours with little help, not enough pay for the work for someone who DOES NOT DO THE MINIMUM.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Barnes & Noble. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag