Reviews voor Bookseller bij Barnes & Noble

1.046 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 3.732 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Intelligent work environment
Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Falls Church, VA16 juni 2018
This is the job for you if you enjoy reading and want to know more about the world of book-selling. The culture was great and enlightening. The hardest part of the job is when customers complain about prices. We simply can't compete with the prices available on Amazon. Also, more focus is spent on us trying to sell memberships and B&N credit cards than the books.
Pluspunten
Discounted books, free advance reader book copies, rental system
the declining industry
17 years—a good experience overall
Music, Book, and nook Seller (voormalige medewerker) –  Wichita, KS16 juni 2018
How do I sum up 17 years? There have been *lots* of changes, especially since 2014. I will keep this simple—If you need to make a little extra money and want to work with genuinely great people in a more relaxed retail atmosphere, work at Barnes and Noble. I've been a former employee for over a year, and I still keep in touch with just about everyone I worked with at my store over my 17 years there.
Great people, great environment
Minpunten
Low pay, and benefits have gradually disappeared for most
Great for a First Job
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Coral Gables, FL14 juni 2018
I loved working here but unfortunately, you start to learn how the retail business works; super low hours and not good pay. Constant call outs and call ins. Lack of communication from manager to manager. I've dealt with rude customers in past jobs but I've never seen people go awol over something an employee can't control like parking space, or how people smell or why we can't see how many copies another store has. Lack of staff too because corporate keeps changing it.
Pluspunten
The advanced copies! Discounts.
No hours. Low pay.
A Pretty Good Transitory Experience
Cafe/Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Buford, GA14 juni 2018
I am currently working at B&N, about 20 hours a week. The pay is better than other retail jobs I've had and the environment is mostly fairly laid back when on the bookfloor and mildly busy at the cafe most days. We have a fairly diverse workplace and mostly open-minded people, if that's what you look for.

I don't recommend planning to stay at Barnes and Noble if you are a college grad and want to make enough to live on, as well as have a secure job.

It's a good job for when you want an easier pace and friendly co-workers, and are looking for bigger and better things.
Review
Lead Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Modesto, CA14 juni 2018
Its typical retail, but book people tend to be more eccentric. With all the changes in the retail trends, new initiatives happen all the time and gets cumbersome.
Book rentals.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good place to work at while in college
Book Seller (voormalige medewerker) –  Lakewood, CO13 juni 2018
It was a great place to work some days it was really fast paced and you had to help a bunch of people with books and some days it was ver dead. It was a good balance but a temporary job.
Bedrijfscultuur
Retail experience with like minded book lovers
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Denver, CO13 juni 2018
And I'm demanding job that affords you the opportunity to stay current on new releases. Hours vary and the pay isn't great but the friends you make with like-minded Book Lovers is invaluable if you consider literature a big part of your life and interests
Easy going but serious
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  New Orleans, LA12 juni 2018
I did not work at the actual Barnes and Noble, I worked at the subsidiarity of Barnes and Noble through my college. It was a great and chill place to work. Everything was so easy and chilled. I would highly recommend anyone who wants to work there.
Bad management
Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  North Carolina7 juni 2018
Management makes things difficult for its employees for no reason. Rude and inconsiderate toward their employees when they need time off for an emergency or even one day for something you must attend to. Pushes employees way too hard on selling an overpriced, pointless membership program, leading to managers borderline shaming employees over not selling enough of it. The work environment is unorganized and hectic. Coworkers are decent.

I do not recommend working here, as it is a company that is clearly going downhill and you see it every shift.
Good cafe discount
Minpunten
Poor management, schedules, and difficult to get any days off
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Pretty Great, but boring.
Bookseller/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Minot, ND6 juni 2018
Barnes and Noble always has great managers that I could never hate. And if there was a problem, then there was always HR, but I never did need to. There is terrible problems with hours sometimes, and there's no way that I saw to become a manager without getting manager experience. If your'e not a manger, you don't get full time. Part-time has virtually no benefits as expected except paid vacation. It's also way too boring to do any position except cafe and customer service. They don't cut your shift or send people home, and the corporation cares about pointless percentages too much. You get no raises or anything for doing a excellent job, unless you are way overqualified.
Pluspunten
30% discount off non movies/music. 20% off movies/music. 50% off all cafe food/drink.
Minpunten
Very Boring with little to do, or too many useless things to do. Inconsistent hours
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
ok
Bookseller/Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Coralville, IA5 juni 2018
I was a seasonal hire and then became a regular part time worker. Since i was seasonal i was trained on almost everything and was bounced around the store, while other workers were not expected to do that. Pay was awful as minimum wage in IA is still 7.25
Na
Victorville - bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Victorville, CA4 juni 2018
Everything is fake. Nothing is really fair everyone has there own master plan. I feel like they are going down hill and don't want to say it. It's a same
Discount
Fake people
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Amarillo, TX4 juni 2018
Very flexible with hours and accommodations but not enough opportunity for advancement. Very helpful and friendly environment for workers. Good management and training.
Pluspunten
Good discounts and flexible hours.
Minpunten
No room for advancement or opportunities for full time employment.
Bedrijfscultuur
Not a place to build a career unless you are management. But if you want to work part time at a bookstore it fits expectations
Bookseller/Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Tucson, AZ1 juni 2018
I enjoyed working at Barnes and Noble even though the pay and hours weren't great. I love books and the customers were mostly great. My main issue with the company was the salaries given weren't livable and most positions were part time.
Great environment to work
Minpunten
You cannot support yourself with this job unless you are a manager
Bedrijfscultuur
Good
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Toledo, OH1 juni 2018
The place was good its like most other retail jobs to be honest but the culture there when I worked was very collaborative and we had a really smooth shift going on there.
Cool College Job
Seasonal Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV31 mei 2018
My favorite thing about this job was it was on campus so I could go to work right after school. I didn't need to pay for transportation in any way to get here. I liked there was a specific shirt to wear every day. Managers were cool. Very fun temporary job
Bedrijfscultuur
Bookselling is nice when not forced by a corporation
Children's Lead Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Lewisville, TX31 mei 2018
Higher-ups in corporate started forcing booksellers to sell a certain book to "every customer who comes in the door" which totally destroys the personal relationships between customers and booksellers.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
I loved being surrounded by books.
Book Seller (voormalige medewerker) –  Richmond, VA30 mei 2018
It was great working there. Sadly for me, the pay was not enough to live on and I was in need of health insurance that they didn't offer because I was only part time.
Great discounts
The hours
A great place to work
Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Wilmington, NC30 mei 2018
I really enjoyed working at Barnes and Noble college. The people there were great. I liked getting to know all of the students who came through. I was sorry I had to leave.
Bedrijfscultuur
Okay for a part time job
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL30 mei 2018
Great part time job while in school. Great discount. Fun to work with others who are into books. Emphasis on a sales-driven culture. Can get stressful when short-staffed and managers want you to do everything.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Barnes & Noble. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag