Reviews voor Bookseller bij Barnes & Noble

1.133 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 4.003 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
chill job
Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Paramus, NJ 076528 december 2018
good work environment. most of the managers are cool. the only issue is that there transferring process is terrible. your better off just applying to other locations on your own. its the best experience I've had working retail. nuff said.
Bedrijfscultuur
Very nice and easy work place
Bookseller/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Fairfield, CA4 december 2018
A typical day at work was very fun. As a cashier i met all kinds of different people. Each with there own interesting opinions. My co workers were very kind and understanding as well as friendly.
Discounts
Minpunten
no full time postion unless mangement
Bedrijfscultuur
I enjoy my co-workers immensely. Management is upbeat and fun to work with. This is the best team I've ever worked with in my 35 plus years career.
Children's Lead Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Grand Junction, CO3 december 2018
All jobs have their ups and downs but, this job is great. Co-workers are a team. Management is great, and they get in and work hard with you. Discounts are a nice plus. Would recommend my Store to anyone that would like to work there.
Staff, Management and Discounts
Minpunten
Hard to be on feet all shift
Bedrijfscultuur
Great Experience but not very flexible with availability
Sales Associate, Book seller (huidige medewerker) –  Burlington, VT2 december 2018
I love working at Barnes and Noble. Overall it is a great experience, but some of the management wasn't very considerate about time availability because of how understaffed we were. I was given too many hours and even when I asked for less it slightly changed and then again when back to how it was before. The work culture was mostly healthy but it was very difficult to handle while also going to college.
Pluspunten
Sweet coworkers, slight raises, great experience
Overworked and overbearing
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent job for college student looking extra spending money
Bookseller/Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  NC29 november 2018
B&N College is a great place to work as a college student. Managers are very understanding and will work with your class schedule. Very good job experience as well since you get to participate in different aspects of the company (i.e. shipping/receiving, online orders, merchandise, etc.)
Pluspunten
good job experience, understanding management
pay
Bedrijfscultuur
Probably one of the better retail jobs
Assistant Manager/Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC28 november 2018
Other than poor pay that is across the board in the retail industry, this is an excellent place to work. Good atmosphere. Good place to work for discounted merchantise
Bedrijfscultuur
Can't beat coffee and books
Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Peoria, IL27 november 2018
A typical day at Barnes and Noble consists of assisting customers, pushing product out on the floor, and practicing habits that increase sales. The hardest part is the temporary stress of feeling overwhelmed when you're busy, but the wave passes quickly.
Typical work day
Bookseller up to Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Norfolk, VA27 november 2018
Thanks to the management team I learned how to manage multiple tasks throughout a work day. I also gained experience in dealing with many kinds of people, co-workers and customers both. The job was never terribly difficult but the Rush periods did bring a fair amount of stress.
Pluspunten
excellent team, every day was different, employee discount
communication could be improved
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Bowling Green, KY26 november 2018
Barnes and Noble has always been one of my favorite places to work. The people are relaxed and we all care for each other. The job itself is not difficult, and helping customers is fun.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good place to work, not alot of opportunity to advance
Bookseller/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX20 november 2018
good place to work, my location wasn't doing to well but that was mostly do to overstocking on products that weren't selling which was mostly the decisions from HQ
1,0
Not recommended
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Hackensack, NJ19 november 2018
Staff and management was insulting. Employers do not seem to be concerned with employees. They did not show respect for their staff. Horrible experience.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun workplace, not enough hours
BOOK SELLER (voormalige medewerker) –  Youngstown, OH16 november 2018
The work environment was comfortable, just not enough work hours for my liking.The manager was very helpful if I had any questions, and I learned a lot from working there.
Discounts
Not enough hours
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
2,0
Employee
Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Davis ca15 november 2018
This company is at deaths door. They are not a place where you can plan for the future. The business model has undoubtedly ensured the company will be closing more stores.
Discount and pto
Minpunten
Management, operations, ethics, moral compass as a company
Great discount
Bookseller (voormalige medewerker) –  Plainfield, IN14 november 2018
I really enjoyed the discounts with this job. It's a great job if you like working with people and love books/reading. The pay isn't great. Management was okay.
It's Retail...
Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Fenton, MO12 november 2018
If you have worked any sort of retail then you will understand what working for Barnes and Noble is like. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with customers that will yell at you for the slightest reason. But if you have a passion for books, you will find ways to cope. Ultimately it depends on your store location. Some stores will be better run than others, and some stores will have more competent managers than others.
Pluspunten
Like minded peers with a passion for books.
Minpunten
Scarce benefits, low pay, rude customers.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Fun easy going workplace
Bookseller/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Troy, MI12 november 2018
I was a bookseller at Barnes & Noble. My job was the help customers on the floor to find books they were looking for or to help recommend books based on other titles they enjoyed. I learned a lot about customer service at this job and with the help of a wonderful manager, I learned many aspects of the business that I wasn't aware of before. There was a very diverse group of associates that I worked with and we all seemed to enjoy our shifts together. The most enjoyable part of this job, aside from the people, was all of the books and authors I got a chance to learn about.
Management issues
Lead Bookseller (huidige medewerker) –  Huntington Beach, CA10 november 2018
I loved everything about the job except for the poor decisions that came from those higher up in the company as well as management being very unorganized.
Fast paced
LEAD BOOKSELLER (voormalige medewerker) –  Gainesville, FL6 november 2018
This is a fast paced job at times but in the slower times there is still tasks to be done. Working here was like working with family, everyone is great and caring. The managers understand that school is a big deal and are willing to work with you with your school schedule.
Barnes and Noble Booksellers
Bookseller/Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ31 oktober 2018
I believe that the job itself is easy, if you are capable of being quick on your feet, friendly to customers, and efficient with tasks. However, the pay for part-time is only minimum wage and the opportunities to increase the pay are very low and only once a year. However, employees do receive a 30% discount.
short shifts
low pay
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
fun activities
BOOK SELLER (huidige medewerker) –  Flint, MI30 oktober 2018
management is biased, hours aren't distributed evenly the customers are great usually give or take. The people there aren't that pleasant but overall its an okay place to work
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Barnes & Noble. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag