Reviews voor Cashier bij Barnes & Noble

159 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 3.635 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Great job for college students
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  College Park, MD20 april 2018
It was a temporary job. It is a great job for college students. I was a bookseller at the University of Maryland Bookstore for nearly 12 hours a week. I did a lot of stuff inside the bookstore as restocking merchandise, process textbook orders, and cashier and answer customer questions when needed. The hardest job in this bookstore is handling customers complaints, especially busy days such as textbook rush or admissions. The most enjoyable part of the job is restocking merchandise and straightening up, especially slow days.
Pluspunten
20% discount on clothes, textbooks, etc.
Short breaks
Ok
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA8 april 2018
Ufud6fyxypxhlxylxylcly up upgivupcup u up ylcyl up upchl my ulxly uvupvulcul ypupvypcupcpu up pu yo upc6ocupctocotcuo 69cuo it yoxucyculxyl ylxlt tocupxyo yoxyp
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Despite one bad manager, it was a good place to work
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Lexington, KY23 februari 2018
A typical day of work consisted of me helping customers and/or students find textbooks, seeing if students could use financial aid to purchase textbooks, and checking out merchandise. I learned how to use a cash register for merchandise and how to use the computer to find out if someone could use financial aid. The management was OK. One manager was really good, but the other one was kind of rude; the rude manager was sadly much ruder to the female employees than the male employees. The workplace culture was really good. employees tried to hard to make sure everyone enjoyed coming to work. The hardest part of the job was that it was temporary. The most enjoyable part of the job that it was above minimum wage.
above minimum wage
temporary job
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun workplace with a friendly environment
cashier and restocking textbooks (huidige medewerker) –  College Station, TX21 februari 2018
Overall a great college job to make some money while attending class. Management is friendly and hours are flexible. Coworkers are bright positive and friendly people.
Stuck
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Princeton, NJ3 februari 2018
I started the shift by re-shelf ing a number of books, it was intriguing because I learned of new books that were out. Customers were always happy when you found a book they were looking for
50% starbucks
Minpunten
can get stuck in retail easy
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Loved this job!
Cashier/Booksller (voormalige medewerker) –  Phenix City, AL29 januari 2018
I loved working here! I loved being around the books and being able help my fellow customers. The manager here was very professional and very considerate of my school schedule.
Great work hours
Decent Job
CASHIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Maryland25 januari 2018
Flow of customers tend to be slow. It picks up around the beginning of the semester. It's organized and restocking can get heavy, but it's managable..
Easy Job for College students
Associate Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Worcester, MA22 januari 2018
If you are looking to keep busy and earn some extra money during your college years, Barnes and Nobles teaches you about up-keeping store layouts, organization of apparel, books, and food items. Plus, you get to deal with a plethora of customers which will grow your experience. Overall, a good company to work part time during college.
Typical corporate bunko job
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Baton Rouge12 januari 2018
Working for big companies is always stressful as they're very uptight about their image. If you just keep your head down you'll do well but I didn't like the feeling of being on thin ice all the time. Also my working schedule was different every week which was hard on a student.
Fun workplace
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY2 januari 2018
Fun workplace. Had opportunity for job growth and learning new skills and possibly a new or different position depending on the opportunities available.
great atmosphere
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Jonesboro, AR29 december 2017
Barnes and Noble is and amazinf place to work. with great coworkers and amazingly ujndertsanding management you cannot go wrong working for this fantastic company
Fun work place.
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  White Plains, NY28 december 2017
I love the place I worked at and the people I worked with it was a beyond friendly environment and if I didn't have to move into the city which made commuting impossible i would've stayed.
Not for faint of heart
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  South Carolina17 december 2017
I really hate to say this, but taking a job at Barnes and Noble was the worst decision I ever made. The hours were too short or too long, there was no in between. I was forced to work at their Starbucks but the application never mentioned this.
Discounts
Minpunten
Short breaks, bad management, poorly placed hours, managers took quitting personally
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Eeehh
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Norfolk, VA22 november 2017
I was there for a short period of time, but it was "ok." There is no wow factor about working there unless you're a book connoisseur (which I am). Management was decent.
Endless reading
Minpunten
Pay isn't good, hours are too short
cool
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Nashville, TN20 november 2017
liked working the morning easy to get in and get out have the rest of the day to yourself. around noon it always got hectic no matter what day it was. Thats what makes the time go by pretty fast
Bedrijfscultuur
Positive environment, helpful coworkers, strong learning experience
CASHIER (huidige medewerker) –  Midland, MI10 november 2017
The overall environment in Barnes & Noble is calm and positive. Both the customers and coworkers are very enjoyable to work with. There is a lot to learn, as most employees are trained in multiple different jobs within the store. A typical day fluctuates a lot seeing as customers come and go and holiday season brings more in than usual.
Calm environment overall
Minpunten
Can quickly become stressful depending on customer flow
Bedrijfscultuur
Barnes and nobles was a good job
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Akron, OH8 november 2017
I would totally recommend Barnes and nobles to anyone. All my coworkers were really nice and helpful. My managers were helpful also and very nice. The location was a perfect spot for me and they worked with my school schedule.
discounts
temporary positiions
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Conway, SC23 oktober 2017
no benefits and part time hours, the pay was minimum wage. Pretty slow paced work environment. there were not many opportunities to advance in this company
Bedrijfscultuur
Barnes and Noble was a good place to work
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY11 oktober 2017
At Barnes and Noble i was mainly a cashier and i learned only about working the registers.I also learned about customer service and successfully making transactions.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Demanding. Stressful. Perhaps a little unfair.
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Kahala, HI4 oktober 2017
Coworkers tend to be friendly. Management differs in attitude depending on individual. Expectations from management to sell memberships at times seems very aggressive. Not at all a job meant for everyone.
Pluspunten
Chance to work on people skills and appreciation of the those working in retail.
Minpunten
At times stressful due to high expectations to sell memberships.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Barnes & Noble. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag