Reviews voor Cashier bij Barnes & Noble

140 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
cool
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Nashville, TN20 november 2017
liked working the morning easy to get in and get out have the rest of the day to yourself. around noon it always got hectic no matter what day it was. Thats what makes the time go by pretty fast
Bedrijfscultuur
Positive environment, helpful coworkers, strong learning experience
CASHIER (huidige medewerker) –  Midland, MI10 november 2017
The overall environment in Barnes & Noble is calm and positive. Both the customers and coworkers are very enjoyable to work with. There is a lot to learn, as most employees are trained in multiple different jobs within the store. A typical day fluctuates a lot seeing as customers come and go and holiday season brings more in than usual.
Calm environment overall
Minpunten
Can quickly become stressful depending on customer flow
Bedrijfscultuur
Barnes and nobles was a good job
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Akron, OH8 november 2017
I would totally recommend Barnes and nobles to anyone. All my coworkers were really nice and helpful. My managers were helpful also and very nice. The location was a perfect spot for me and they worked with my school schedule.
discounts
temporary positiions
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Conway, SC23 oktober 2017
no benefits and part time hours, the pay was minimum wage. Pretty slow paced work environment. there were not many opportunities to advance in this company
Bedrijfscultuur
Barnes and Noble was a good place to work
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY11 oktober 2017
At Barnes and Noble i was mainly a cashier and i learned only about working the registers.I also learned about customer service and successfully making transactions.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Demanding. Stressful. Perhaps a little unfair.
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Kahala, HI4 oktober 2017
Coworkers tend to be friendly. Management differs in attitude depending on individual. Expectations from management to sell memberships at times seems very aggressive. Not at all a job meant for everyone.
Pluspunten
Chance to work on people skills and appreciation of the those working in retail.
Minpunten
At times stressful due to high expectations to sell memberships.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Friendly work place
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Lynnwood, WA3 oktober 2017
I love this work place. Flexible working hours. Managers very helpful and loving to all employees. I would recommend barnes and noble any person who want to gain a retail experience.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great people to work with
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Colorado Springs, CO25 september 2017
all my coworkers were awesome and very helpful to each other. Management was very helpful and understanding with a lot of situations. just had very few hours and very few days scheduled to work.
Great staff
Minpunten
heavy lifing and customers can be rude sometimes
employees are great people
cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Stamford, CT19 september 2017
workplace culture has become difficult but not necessarily through the fault of the management and more due to the evolving sales culture. The management has to deal with a lot of the stress that trickles down to the lower employees. Its not their fault but the stress is felt on all levels.
Not what you expect
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Modesto, CA18 september 2017
Working here was not what i expected. I was working here and somewhere else and they were very forceful about making me pick them over my other job. When i was hired i told them i was working another job and that there were certain times i would not be able to work there and they said that it was no problem and they would work with me. That turned out to not be the case. It was only a seasonal job so i wasn't that worried when they didn't ask me to continue on with them.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
fun place to work
FLOOR CASHIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC12 september 2017
fun place to work at, friendly people surrounded with amazing atmosphere. relaxing type of flow which gives you time to study and focus on your school.
Great Coffee, Great Books, Great People
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Glendale, CA8 september 2017
Fun, fast-paced, cafe inside of Barnes & Noble. Great management team, wonderful coworkers, even got a sweet discount (50% at cafe, 30% everything else in the store) which I was very thankful for, especially during the holidays. Only downside to the position was the seasonal status of the position as well as the longer hours.
Discounts, great team members
Seasonal
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work if you're still in high school and need pocket cash.
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Mansfield, OH29 augustus 2017
Hardly any hours regardless of how many times I've asked, great employees and workspace but not a high enough pay or enough time to support oneself let alone a family.
Half hour lunch, 15 minute breaks, pay is above minimum wage
No benefits, hardly any hours, lucky to get 18 hours in a week
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Quick pace
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Norfolk, VA26 augustus 2017
I loved working there. My store was a college texts book store and I got hired on for rush which is when school is about to start. After that was over I got let go but then they asked me to come back for the holidays and ended up staying on until I moved. I would have transferred but the closest store was hours away from where I moved to.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good Quick job that is flexible with hours
Seasonal Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL22 augustus 2017
Perfect job for someone who is looking for a temporary position as they hire a lot for seasonal positions. They work around your schedule because you get to pick what shifts you would like to take.
busy place
CASHIER (huidige medewerker) –  Glassboro, NJ3 augustus 2017
been at this job for 9 and half years, this is or has been fun at times but the overall growth is zero level I have train many and yet I haven't moved up myself
extra discounts
hours pay
Cashier
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  New Brunswick, NJ14 juli 2017
Job was simply and rewarding, easy task to do and very friendly co-workers. Only reason I don't work here anymore is because I moved but great place to work at!
Productivity
CASHIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Costa Mesa, CA1 juli 2017
Great workplace after all. Nothing to do much besides helping customers and stocking items. People are great because they are also students so we really understand each others a lot.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun place to work for a summer job
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Greenville, SC20 juni 2017
It's kinda boring as a cashier you can't walk around the store because you have to watch out for customers. I liked some of the customers i had the pleasure to meet. And people i worked with were fun. the hardest part about my job was to sell membership, not a lot of people want to spend $25 for a membership.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
fun to work at
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY10 juni 2017
Very busy during rush but fun to work at. I am a seasonal employee so I can only speak on the times that I am there. It's easy to learn and you can get hired but there is never a permanent position it's just seasonal.

Algehele waardering