Reviews voor Cashier bij Barnes & Noble

150 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
Stuck
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Princeton, NJ3 februari 2018
I started the shift by re-shelf ing a number of books, it was intriguing because I learned of new books that were out. Customers were always happy when you found a book they were looking for
50% starbucks
Minpunten
can get stuck in retail easy
Decent Job
CASHIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Maryland25 januari 2018
Flow of customers tend to be slow. It picks up around the beginning of the semester. It's organized and restocking can get heavy, but it's managable..
Typical corporate bunko job
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Baton Rouge12 januari 2018
Working for big companies is always stressful as they're very uptight about their image. If you just keep your head down you'll do well but I didn't like the feeling of being on thin ice all the time. Also my working schedule was different every week which was hard on a student.
Fun workplace
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY2 januari 2018
Fun workplace. Had opportunity for job growth and learning new skills and possibly a new or different position depending on the opportunities available.
great atmosphere
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Jonesboro, AR29 december 2017
Barnes and Noble is and amazinf place to work. with great coworkers and amazingly ujndertsanding management you cannot go wrong working for this fantastic company
Fun work place.
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  White Plains, NY28 december 2017
I love the place I worked at and the people I worked with it was a beyond friendly environment and if I didn't have to move into the city which made commuting impossible i would've stayed.
Not for faint of heart
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  South Carolina17 december 2017
I really hate to say this, but taking a job at Barnes and Noble was the worst decision I ever made. The hours were too short or too long, there was no in between. I was forced to work at their Starbucks but the application never mentioned this.
Discounts
Minpunten
Short breaks, bad management, poorly placed hours, managers took quitting personally
Eeehh
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Norfolk, VA22 november 2017
I was there for a short period of time, but it was "ok." There is no wow factor about working there unless you're a book connoisseur (which I am). Management was decent.
Endless reading
Minpunten
Pay isn't good, hours are too short
cool
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Nashville, TN20 november 2017
liked working the morning easy to get in and get out have the rest of the day to yourself. around noon it always got hectic no matter what day it was. Thats what makes the time go by pretty fast
Bedrijfscultuur
Positive environment, helpful coworkers, strong learning experience
CASHIER (huidige medewerker) –  Midland, MI10 november 2017
The overall environment in Barnes & Noble is calm and positive. Both the customers and coworkers are very enjoyable to work with. There is a lot to learn, as most employees are trained in multiple different jobs within the store. A typical day fluctuates a lot seeing as customers come and go and holiday season brings more in than usual.
Calm environment overall
Minpunten
Can quickly become stressful depending on customer flow
Bedrijfscultuur
Barnes and nobles was a good job
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Akron, OH8 november 2017
I would totally recommend Barnes and nobles to anyone. All my coworkers were really nice and helpful. My managers were helpful also and very nice. The location was a perfect spot for me and they worked with my school schedule.
discounts
temporary positiions
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Conway, SC23 oktober 2017
no benefits and part time hours, the pay was minimum wage. Pretty slow paced work environment. there were not many opportunities to advance in this company
Bedrijfscultuur
Barnes and Noble was a good place to work
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY11 oktober 2017
At Barnes and Noble i was mainly a cashier and i learned only about working the registers.I also learned about customer service and successfully making transactions.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Demanding. Stressful. Perhaps a little unfair.
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Kahala, HI4 oktober 2017
Coworkers tend to be friendly. Management differs in attitude depending on individual. Expectations from management to sell memberships at times seems very aggressive. Not at all a job meant for everyone.
Pluspunten
Chance to work on people skills and appreciation of the those working in retail.
Minpunten
At times stressful due to high expectations to sell memberships.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Friendly work place
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Lynnwood, WA3 oktober 2017
I love this work place. Flexible working hours. Managers very helpful and loving to all employees. I would recommend barnes and noble any person who want to gain a retail experience.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great people to work with
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Colorado Springs, CO25 september 2017
all my coworkers were awesome and very helpful to each other. Management was very helpful and understanding with a lot of situations. just had very few hours and very few days scheduled to work.
Great staff
Minpunten
heavy lifing and customers can be rude sometimes
employees are great people
cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Stamford, CT19 september 2017
workplace culture has become difficult but not necessarily through the fault of the management and more due to the evolving sales culture. The management has to deal with a lot of the stress that trickles down to the lower employees. Its not their fault but the stress is felt on all levels.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Not what you expect
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Modesto, CA18 september 2017
Working here was not what i expected. I was working here and somewhere else and they were very forceful about making me pick them over my other job. When i was hired i told them i was working another job and that there were certain times i would not be able to work there and they said that it was no problem and they would work with me. That turned out to not be the case. It was only a seasonal job so i wasn't that worried when they didn't ask me to continue on with them.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
fun place to work
FLOOR CASHIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC12 september 2017
fun place to work at, friendly people surrounded with amazing atmosphere. relaxing type of flow which gives you time to study and focus on your school.
Great Coffee, Great Books, Great People
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Glendale, CA8 september 2017
Fun, fast-paced, cafe inside of Barnes & Noble. Great management team, wonderful coworkers, even got a sweet discount (50% at cafe, 30% everything else in the store) which I was very thankful for, especially during the holidays. Only downside to the position was the seasonal status of the position as well as the longer hours.
Discounts, great team members