Reviews voor Cashier bij Barnes & Noble

153 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 3.973 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Productive and fun
Cashier/Cafe (huidige medewerker) –  Glastonbury, CT4 oktober 2018
I love working at Barnes and Noble, they schedule well and are able to work around my college classes. Only issues are benefits and the pay I'm getting isn't enough to pay the bills. Love my workers and managers, the environment.
Atmosphere and People
Benefits and Pay
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work for.
Music salesmen/ Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Pittsford, NY10 september 2018
Great Place for Employment in the Customer service field. Customers are generally friendly, Staff is great to work with. You will be on your feet your entire shift. Shifts can go quickly.
During Slow season hours can be very limited for employees.
Pluspunten
Discount on Cafe, Great staff, Friendly management.
limited hours, standing.
Not fun at all
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Dearborn, MI4 augustus 2018
Would not recommend to work here, the manager’s were not very nice they would throw you under the bus even if you didn’t mess up. The coworkers were the only good thing about working here
Bedrijfscultuur
productive and positive work space
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA30 juli 2018
The work environment is a very friendly one. We work as a team to help build eachother up and we are always working toward making a positive work space.
Fun Place to Work
Bookseller/Cashier (Seasonal) (voormalige medewerker) –  Somerset, KY3 juli 2018
Store usually stayed pretty busy and there were people in & out all day so the time went by faster. Always something to be working on. Being on a college campus made for an enjoyable work environment.
enjoyed books
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Fresh Meadows, NY28 juni 2018
Working at this company has been a great experience, the problem that I endured was the lack of pay. There is no room for growth in this company. If you are a college student then yes, good first job.
Words don't describe
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Pueblo, CO3 juni 2018
Completely disorganized. Employees liked to stand around and chat while I actually worked. The managers constantly berated the actual store manager behind his back and talked about him like he was stupid. Two-faced management.

Scheduled for about 9 hours a week after being told I'd get "around 15" and "up to 30". Was hired to be a barista and NEVER SET FOOT IN THE CAFE - sent directly to cash register. Multiple food safety code violations witnessed in the cafe. Nearly ZERO training on register before being left unattended. "Just call if you need help" they say... then don't show up at the front for 10+ minutes, if they ever do at all.

Terminated for "not meeting goals" after exactly 30 days, which isn't the real story, but prevented me from being eligible for unemployment. Never been fired in my life, but they were looking to get rid of me. Mailed me an envelope full of CASH afterwards.

Shady from top to bottom, especially for a large corporation. No wonder they are dying.
Pluspunten
Higher pay than minimum wage
Minpunten
Seriously, just read the review.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
It was an okay job
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL31 mei 2018
I didn't really learn anything during my time at Barnes and Noble. This job wasn't as inclusive as my other one, and I only needed it because of money
Pluspunten
Could leave early if you weren't needed anymore
Short breaks
Bedrijfscultuur
Great job for college students
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  College Park, MD20 april 2018
It was a temporary job. It is a great job for college students. I was a bookseller at the University of Maryland Bookstore for nearly 12 hours a week. I did a lot of stuff inside the bookstore as restocking merchandise, process textbook orders, and cashier and answer customer questions when needed. The hardest job in this bookstore is handling customers complaints, especially busy days such as textbook rush or admissions. The most enjoyable part of the job is restocking merchandise and straightening up, especially slow days.
Pluspunten
20% discount on clothes, textbooks, etc.
Short breaks
Ok
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA8 april 2018
Ufud6fyxypxhlxylxylcly up upgivupcup u up ylcyl up upchl my ulxly uvupvulcul ypupvypcupcpu up pu yo upc6ocupctocotcuo 69cuo it yoxucyculxyl ylxlt tocupxyo yoxyp
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Despite one bad manager, it was a good place to work
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Lexington, KY23 februari 2018
A typical day of work consisted of me helping customers and/or students find textbooks, seeing if students could use financial aid to purchase textbooks, and checking out merchandise. I learned how to use a cash register for merchandise and how to use the computer to find out if someone could use financial aid. The management was OK. One manager was really good, but the other one was kind of rude; the rude manager was sadly much ruder to the female employees than the male employees. The workplace culture was really good. employees tried to hard to make sure everyone enjoyed coming to work. The hardest part of the job was that it was temporary. The most enjoyable part of the job that it was above minimum wage.
above minimum wage
temporary job
Stuck
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Princeton, NJ3 februari 2018
I started the shift by re-shelf ing a number of books, it was intriguing because I learned of new books that were out. Customers were always happy when you found a book they were looking for
50% starbucks
Minpunten
can get stuck in retail easy
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Loved this job!
Cashier/Booksller (voormalige medewerker) –  Phenix City, AL29 januari 2018
I loved working here! I loved being around the books and being able help my fellow customers. The manager here was very professional and very considerate of my school schedule.
Great work hours
Decent Job
CASHIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Maryland25 januari 2018
Flow of customers tend to be slow. It picks up around the beginning of the semester. It's organized and restocking can get heavy, but it's managable..
Typical corporate bunko job
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Baton Rouge12 januari 2018
Working for big companies is always stressful as they're very uptight about their image. If you just keep your head down you'll do well but I didn't like the feeling of being on thin ice all the time. Also my working schedule was different every week which was hard on a student.
Fun workplace
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY2 januari 2018
Fun workplace. Had opportunity for job growth and learning new skills and possibly a new or different position depending on the opportunities available.
great atmosphere
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Jonesboro, AR29 december 2017
Barnes and Noble is and amazinf place to work. with great coworkers and amazingly ujndertsanding management you cannot go wrong working for this fantastic company
Fun work place.
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  White Plains, NY28 december 2017
I love the place I worked at and the people I worked with it was a beyond friendly environment and if I didn't have to move into the city which made commuting impossible i would've stayed.
Not for faint of heart
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  South Carolina17 december 2017
I really hate to say this, but taking a job at Barnes and Noble was the worst decision I ever made. The hours were too short or too long, there was no in between. I was forced to work at their Starbucks but the application never mentioned this.
Discounts
Minpunten
Short breaks, bad management, poorly placed hours, managers took quitting personally
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Eeehh
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Norfolk, VA22 november 2017
I was there for a short period of time, but it was "ok." There is no wow factor about working there unless you're a book connoisseur (which I am). Management was decent.
Endless reading
Minpunten
Pay isn't good, hours are too short
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Barnes & Noble. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag