Reviews voor Sales Associate bij Barnes & Noble

119 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
Bedrijfscultuur
slow paced, but great people
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Celina, OH10 december 2017
the college campus bookstore I worked at was very small, the day seemed to drag on, wasn't much for me to do, the people I worked with were fantastic, always got the days I asked for off
discount on merchandise
slow paced
Bedrijfscultuur
Wonderful place to work part- time!
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Manhasset, NY8 december 2017
If you are in college and need some extra pay this is a great place to build basic work skills before graduation. The staff consists of an amazing group of individuals that are diverse and talented. Management is excellent and always available to answer questions regarding work schedules or the overall work environment in general.
employee discounts, flexible hours
low pay great managers
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Cocoa, FL30 november 2017
I started this job my second year at BCC as a work study and eventually signed on to be employed longer. My manager was great I just needed more pay and I was switching my field of study to healthcare
This was boring
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Richland, WA22 november 2017
This job was not fast-paced enough to keep my attention. It was peaceful and quiet, but there was no competition and there was no incentive to succeed, as I recall.
productive
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY24 oktober 2017
very good work environment
i learned how to work with a team instead of trying to get everything done myself the most enjoyable part about my job was clocking out and my check
being around my coworkers
short breaks
Management problems
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Oxford, MS9 september 2017
Managers did not do the kind of work expected of them, and instead left it to the other associates most of the time. Whenever big events came up, the store manager would buy only a handful of the employees food/beverages, and not the whole of the store. Seriously showed favoritism in this way, which is not a good thing for any company.
Bedrijfscultuur
A nice place to work if you love books
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV31 augustus 2017
A typical day was either helping out at customer service or register. You learn how to sell and work in a team there. Management was overall good, they usually helped fix problems. It was a nice culture, there was no drama or fighting really in the store. It was very relaxed and enjoyable while working there. I hardly felt stressed. The hardest part was probably selling memberships because of the high cost, but I did enjoy my associates and the feel of the place.
Nice discount, understanding managers
Productive Place To Work
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Long Island City, NY31 augustus 2017
The work was good and i liked it when i was working here.Very fast paced and good if you need a job.The place is productive and nice environment to work in.
Kinda boring
BARISTA AND SALES ASSOCIATE (voormalige medewerker) –  Arlington, TX24 augustus 2017
it's been a really long time since I've worked here. All I really remember was that you had to bake some of the food and it was never really busy. It was really relaxed.
Discounts on school books
No free anyting
Fun and exciting
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Virginia21 augustus 2017
For lovers of literature, it is an exciting and fun place to work. The more you read, the more you know, the more interesting interactions you have with customers.
The managers actively care about employees, and are willing to take you under their wing and teach you.
Pluspunten
Exposure to all things literature
Minpunten
Retail has has variable hours
this job was alright
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Brooklyn, NY18 augustus 2017
I would help customers with their books by searching their text and I believe I would organize the books and other materials that needed to be put in the shelf .
free pizza
not enough hours
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a temporary, part-time Christmas job.
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX3 augustus 2017
I can't say much as I wasn't there long. I love reading and it was the perfect job for me. The discount was great and the people were great and I loved working with the public.
Discount on books.
No cons.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Sales associate
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Terre Haute, IN2 augustus 2017
It was a good place to work. It was mainly students and their parents, so not a whole lot of young kids around. Management is also nice and understanding of students.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Great people, good management
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  McAllen, TX14 juli 2017
They train their associates real well in all sections of the company. From the coffee shop, to sales associate, to working the registers. They were always willing to work with your schedule.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
fun workplace
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX29 juni 2017
easy place to maneuver around; learned how to place books around the whole store in order; fast pace environment at the beginning of the school year; good student friendly customers
free lunch on campus
short breaks
Bedrijfscultuur
A great place for a young person
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Gulfport, MS25 juni 2017
Overall I don't really have anything positive or negative to say about barnes and noble. The management could use some improvement due to the fact that work scheduling was always a lil lazy and delegations of jobs was a bit chaotic at times.
Pluspunten
great place to meet people and make friends
Minpunten
management was a bit lazy at times.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Stony Brook, NY19 juni 2017
Worked on a college campus so the work environment was more relaxed and customers were mainly students and their families. Both the beginning and end of the semesters can get hectic, but coworkers and management were very supportive. Typical day at work included folding clothes, arranging displays, ringing up customers, and making sure the store is clean and presentable.
Great coworkers and management
No benefits for part-time
Fast paced and stressful
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  New Jersey18 mei 2017
General manager does not care much. Floor managers are great. Somewhat high pressure environment that does not leave much room for error. Benefits are terrible and employees are not making as much as they should.
Relaxed Enviroment
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX13 mei 2017
A typical day at work consists of clocking in, helping customers find books and working the register. The main focus of a bookseller is selling as many memberships as possible. While there is pressure to do so, if you are not a skilled sales person there are a few other tasks to be completed. The management communicates effectively and the work environment is very relaxed, as everyone gets along very well.
Fun Workplace and Great Managers
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Rochester, MN12 mei 2017
I could have worked at Barnes and Noble forever if it had paid better. I had so much fun working there and love the managers at my store. I received great retail experience and looked forward to going to work everyday.
Great Managers