Reviews voor Sales Associate bij Barnes & Noble

149 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 3.958 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Employees were fun to work with
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Lakeland, florida28 oktober 2018
Loved customer service. Helping customers find or order the right book. Enjoyed working there, supervisor nice and helpful. Enjoyed the employees discounts.
Discounts, helping customers
Minpunten
My back issues were hindering standing and carrying books
Bedrijfscultuur
Really nice place to work
Ann Arbor - Barista/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Ann Arbor, MI23 oktober 2018
The management and other employees are really great to work with. They are willing to work with your schedule, and the company provides a lot of great benefits, even to part time employees.
Pluspunten
works well with scheduling, positive atmosphere
Minpunten
short breaks, the pay isn't amazing
Bedrijfscultuur
close nit group of coworkers
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Sacramento, CA28 september 2018
I only worked part time. but the people i worked with were great. The work was pleasant, and the managers were always helpful. Great job for a college or high school student who like to read.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Decent Job
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Moorestown, NJ24 september 2018
Not a horrific retail experience, and the atmosphere is generally calm. Long hours standing and re-shelving, and frequent short breaks. The discount is sufficient for those who enjoy purchasing books frequently.
Love my coworkers!!
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Norman, OK20 september 2018
Barnes and Noble in Norman is an amazing place to work! The employees that work there are some of the nicest people that I've met. They are all very open to new people and loved training me. My experience there is one I will never forget. Also, the management is awesome!
Pluspunten
management, employees, full time benefits
corporate is trash
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
good
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX11 september 2018
good place to work lots of work to do but your surroundings make it better the employees are great the customers are customers so what can ya say but good place
Don't do it
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Arlington, TX10 september 2018
The company is on its way out. I give it 2 more years tops before they file for bankrupcy. They are constantly operating on a skeleton crew, there are not enough people to help all the customers, do the projects and keep product on the shelves. Not to mention dumb corporate policies being handed down every month that only makes things harder.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
I liked working for this company
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  West Hartford, CT10 september 2018
I was hired on a part time basis when the store first opened. I would have liked to have been hired on a permanent basis but management decided otherwise. I heard later on that the store closed shortly thereafter.
great people, interesting work
Minpunten
I wasn't able to find a perminent place there
Bedrijfscultuur
A perfectly fine place to work
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Ventura, CA4 september 2018
Not somewhere I would want to work forever, but it's a fine part time job. The people are nice and working around books is fun. They were fairly flexible with hours.
Educational work experience
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Spartanburg, SC5 augustus 2018
Enjoyed stocking, selling and working with customers regarding their book needs. Worked as a Cashier for the most part but helped all around book store.
Pluspunten
Able to spend the day around books
Minpunten
Short staffed during busy times
Fast work place.
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Baltimore, MD29 juli 2018
Barns and noble is a very good and fun job. You get to meet alot of new people. Some nice some mean but the experience is something ilI will never forget.
Pluspunten
Free lunch sometimes, Awsome people, new experiences.
Mean people
Quiet workplace with books
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Battle Creek, MI20 juli 2018
Overall, working at Barnes and Noble isn't bad, I just isn't for me. I realized that I am better at working in small companies rather thank big ones. Although, you get pretty nice discounts, Including 10% everything and 30% in the cafe.
Discounts
Stressful for antisocial people
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Books, Books, Books
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC9 juni 2018
Activity ranges from deserted to slammed. Always plenty to do on the sales floor. Employees and management are friendly. discounted products and employee appreciation are great.
Poor
Holiday Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Norfolk, VA7 juni 2018
Did not enjoy working here. The mission was loosely followed and the turnover rate is ridiculous due to unruly supervisors. Will not return back to this and wouldn't recommend it.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Enjoyable experience but lacking strong management
SALES ASSOCIATE (voormalige medewerker) –  Millbury, MA30 mei 2018
I truly enjoyed working at Barnes and Noble. I had the opportunity to hold various roles such as cashiering and customer service. If I were to go in for the first shift, there would be a short meeting about the upcoming day, and there would be a closing meeting if I were to work the closing shift. The management at the time was unstable and there was much miscommunication from some managers and a lack of encouragement/support which made it become an environment that grew to be less enjoyable. The coworkers were great to be around and since I worked with typically older coworkers, they were able to provide much guidance and support when managers were lacking. The hardest part of the job was the pressure put on employees to succeed at particular tasks, and the most enjoyable part was building relationships and trust with customers which strengthened my communication skills immensely.
Employee discounts, flexible hours
Inconsistent mamangement
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun workplace with caring and loyal employees and customers
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Austin, TX25 mei 2018
While working at Barnes & Noble I have been able to further my knowledge by becoming acquainted with diverse subjects in order to recommend a wide variety of books to our customers. I have been able to further my sales experience by meeting the daily goals of membership conversion and email sign ups. I look forward to going into work.
Relaxed, simple job
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Holland, MI6 mei 2018
The job itself is quite simple and easy to do. Management is very good about taking care of each employees needs, very helpful. It is a relaxed environment to work in.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Intellectually stimulating and friendly
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Marina del Rey, CA30 april 2018
Barnes and Noble gave me a close family of coworkers while I was there. The hardest part of the job basically happens around the holidays when it's busiest, but that also happens to be the most exciting time there.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Every day was productive and fun to work
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Baton Rouge, LA21 april 2018
I liked the work environment and how they always had something to do. Game days were the busiest and the managers were very understandable about having class time and study time before coming into work.
Starbucks in the store
Not enough pay
management and workplace culture
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Chico, CA12 april 2018
Over the past several years I have seen a shift in the culture of Barnes & Noble. They care about the bottom line but don't really seem to care about the employees or customers. It is stressful trying to maintain a standard when the management doesn't give us the tools to succeed.
Profiel geclaimd