Caterpillar
3,9 out of 5 stars.

Caterpillar Employee Reviews

Showing all 7.147 reviews
People culture, innovative working process (lean manufacturing), thorough project management, teamwork, new challenges, hard working, continuous improvement
Bosses are dictators and treat the employees like a piece of garbage!!! And if this plant was in Missouri it would be union!!! And the managers would not be able to treat the employees like they do I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work there unless you are a welder you don't matter!!!
Pros
Cons
Bosses
Come here for a couple months if you’re really hard up for money but don’t stay. There’s an old boys club and day shift is treated like a reward for putting up with them.
Great training, meaningful work, dept was very geared towards electronic data instead of paper bills. Management in my dept was very hands on. We worked well a a team
A great place to work and lot of learnings. People and Safety are their primary focus, Work Culture was so great. There is no power distance in Caterpillar.
Pros
Work Culture and People
Caterpillar était une très bonne entreprise, j'ai passé 11 ans là-bas, j'espérais terminé ma carrière dans cette entreprise, malheureusement le sort en à décidé autrement, maintenant je ne suis pas la pour dénigrer Caterpillar, et encore moins pour dire qui a tort ou raison, mon problème c'est que je n'ai plus d'emploi à leur actuel, et on ne ce refait pas une suite de carrière comme ça, maintenant j'ai difficile de retrouver un emploi stable, c'est surtout ce que je recherche. Caterpillar me manquera toujours.
Pros
Toute les qualités de travailler dans une grande multinationales.
Cons
Fermeture de l'entreprise.
Una empresa de crecimiento y de excelente reputación en calidad de productos y procesos
Only reason I quit was I wanted to come back to Indiana otherwise I'd still be working there. My supervisor was a really good supervisor as a matter fact when he learned that I was leaving gave me a letter of recommendation for I left and I didn't even ask for it.
Learned a lot during my time at Caterpillar. I had wonderful mentors and co-workers. Some of the smaller facilities can have so-so leadership but it was a wonderful experience overall.
9 June 2021
It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us in the Leadership Development Program. We are glad that you were able to connect with mentors and co-workers and we hope you continue to foster those relationships throughout your professional career. Best of luck to you in your next role.
Productive and Great team environment. Worked as contractor and was well received by team and greatly supported and appreciated for the work done. Scope to learn and grow.
Upper management applies a lot of pressure on lower management. So that lower management will apply a lot of pressure on the hourly workers.And you will rarely have the materials or support you need to be successful.
Pros
Good pay
Pay is good. Unfortunately a second tier wage for new hires. No raise for 10 years. Management is lost on most days. Pretty relaxed environment though which is good.
Pros
Pay, benefits, bonus, paid shutdown
Cons
Management, advancement opportunities, no raises
Overall, nice job to have. Great working staff to work with throughout the work day. Always a good time working with everyone there. Great staff throughout store.
Pros
Great work staff!
Cons
Short breaks
9 June 2021
We are glad you enjoy the people you work with. We believe that a culture of inclusion and belonging is a key driving force for Caterpillar’s continued success. All the best to you in your next role.
Mangers are just barking dogs. They don’t deserve any respect for all the things they do to their employees. Their sales guys lick their lips too frequently with peculiar smile.
Cons
Arrogance, Manipulative Behavior, Obsessive need to control others, A.L, K.W, K.M
No restrictions to visit shop floor plants. So, everyone able to learn practically with design experience. No restrictions to extra learnings with other team members. Free space to learn additionally..
Pros
Free lunch & transports
Cons
Shift time 11 am to 7.30pm
9 June 2021
It’s great to hear that you’ve found learning to be an accessible part of your Caterpillar experience. Members of Team Caterpillar are some of the best and brightest in the industry and we are proud to offer opportunities for them to elevate the enterprise with their unique perspectives. Thanks for your contributions.
It's hard to put your finger on what exactly makes a person seem "creepy," but as it turns out, the habits of creepy people do have some consistency to them. Some Territory sales managers interestingly have the following characteristics: peculiar smile, bulging eyes, dressed oddly, & Licking their lips too frequently.
Cons
Making it impossible to leave without seeming rude, Showing too much or too little emotion, stalking and lurking.
Some managers behave in a way that introduce an uncomfortable ambiguity into social interactions. Most creepy people seem to have no idea of what they do that makes them so unsettling. Some sales guys have greasy or unkempt hair, or wear dirty or odd clothes.
Cons
Smiling oddly or insincerely, Licking their lips too frequently, & Acting too friendly.
From my experience with current employees at Cat financial office in Canada. They have jealousy driven by low self-esteem or poor self-image. Some individuals have peculiar smile, bulging eyes, & Displaying too much or too little emotion.
Cons
Stalking and Lurking, being unusually quiet and staring, K.W, following people, behaving abnormally, & socially awkward.
9 June 2021
We are disappointed in the experience you’ve shared here. Our leaders are expected to hold stake in the success and growth of their direct reports, and it sounds like you feel you aren’t getting that support. Your feedback helps us improve and we appreciate your honesty.
high pressure and uncompromising determination for goals to be meet no matter if it is at the cost of the moral or personal life of the employees does no honor their word single focus on profit and uncaring was once great but has fallen a long way's
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long hours and up to 6 day's with little concern for life outside of cat
9 June 2021
Our teams work hard to meet the needs of our customers because we know that their work builds critical infrastructure and powers communities. While demand is high, we believe each employee should achieve a work/life balance that works for them. We hope you find success in your next role and appreciate the contributions you made as part of Team Caterpillar.
You can do minimal work all day as long as you do it safely, can't use your hands to do simple tasks. Always have to fix someone else's mistakes. No moral.
Pros
A management that cares about its employees careers will retain them, whereas others have lost the battle of talent. Respect is earned not demanded...
  1. Employee Reviews