Caterpillar logo

Caterpillar Employee Reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Showing all 7.180 reviews

Challenging, fun, innovative

People culture, innovative working process (lean manufacturing), thorough project management, teamwork, new challenges, hard working, continuous improvement

Perte d'emploi.

Caterpillar était une très bonne entreprise, j'ai passé 11 ans là-bas, j'espérais terminé ma carrière dans cette entreprise, malheureusement le sort en à décidé autrement, maintenant je ne suis pas la pour dénigrer Caterpillar, et encore moins pour dire qui a tort ou raison, mon problème c'est que je n'ai plus d'emploi à leur actuel, et on ne ce refait pas une suite de carrière comme ça, maintenant j'ai difficile de retrouver un emploi stable, c'est surtout ce que je recherche. Caterpillar me manquera toujours.

Pros

Toute les qualités de travailler dans une grande multinationales.

Cons

Fermeture de l'entreprise.

Excelente ambiente de desarrollo profesional y de carácter

Una empresa de crecimiento y de excelente reputación en calidad de productos y procesos

Actually enjoyed working there.

Only reason I quit was I wanted to come back to Indiana otherwise I'd still be working there. My supervisor was a really good supervisor as a matter fact when he learned that I was leaving gave me a letter of recommendation for I left and I didn't even ask for it.

Great experience

Learned a lot during my time at Caterpillar. I had wonderful mentors and co-workers. Some of the smaller facilities can have so-so leadership but it was a wonderful experience overall.

9 June 2021
It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us in the Leadership Development Program. We are glad that you were able to connect with mentors and co-workers and we hope you continue to foster those relationships throughout your professional career. Best of luck to you in your next role.

Productive and a Great team environment

Productive and Great team environment. Worked as contractor and was well received by team and greatly supported and appreciated for the work done. Scope to learn and grow.

You never know why you are doing the job you are doing.

Upper management applies a lot of pressure on lower management. So that lower management will apply a lot of pressure on the hourly workers.And you will rarely have the materials or support you need to be successful.

Pros

Good pay

Overall decent job

Pay is good. Unfortunately a second tier wage for new hires. No raise for 10 years. Management is lost on most days. Pretty relaxed environment though which is good.

Pros

Pay, benefits, bonus, paid shutdown

Cons

Management, advancement opportunities, no raises

Nice job!

Overall, nice job to have. Great working staff to work with throughout the work day. Always a good time working with everyone there. Great staff throughout store.

Pros

Great work staff!

Cons

Short breaks

9 June 2021
We are glad you enjoy the people you work with. We believe that a culture of inclusion and belonging is a key driving force for Caterpillar’s continued success. All the best to you in your next role.

A Dumpster

Mangers are just barking dogs. They don’t deserve any respect for all the things they do to their employees. Their sales guys lick their lips too frequently with peculiar smile.

Cons

Arrogance, Manipulative Behavior, Obsessive need to control others, A.L, K.W, K.M

Jobs at Caterpillar

See more jobs

Best work place & good learning company

No restrictions to visit shop floor plants. So, everyone able to learn practically with design experience. No restrictions to extra learnings with other team members. Free space to learn additionally..

Pros

Free lunch & transports

Cons

Shift time 11 am to 7.30pm

9 June 2021
It’s great to hear that you’ve found learning to be an accessible part of your Caterpillar experience. Members of Team Caterpillar are some of the best and brightest in the industry and we are proud to offer opportunities for them to elevate the enterprise with their unique perspectives. Thanks for your contributions.

Creepy People Share These Habits

It's hard to put your finger on what exactly makes a person seem "creepy," but as it turns out, the habits of creepy people do have some consistency to them. Some Territory sales managers interestingly have the following characteristics: peculiar smile, bulging eyes, dressed oddly, & Licking their lips too frequently.

Cons

Making it impossible to leave without seeming rude, Showing too much or too little emotion, stalking and lurking.

Extremely Creepy People

Some managers behave in a way that introduce an uncomfortable ambiguity into social interactions. Most creepy people seem to have no idea of what they do that makes them so unsettling. Some sales guys have greasy or unkempt hair, or wear dirty or odd clothes.

Cons

Smiling oddly or insincerely, Licking their lips too frequently, & Acting too friendly.

Wide red tape, a dump

From my experience with current employees at Cat financial office in Canada. They have jealousy driven by low self-esteem or poor self-image. Some individuals have peculiar smile, bulging eyes, & Displaying too much or too little emotion.

Cons

Stalking and Lurking, being unusually quiet and staring, K.W, following people, behaving abnormally, & socially awkward.

9 June 2021
We are disappointed in the experience you’ve shared here. Our leaders are expected to hold stake in the success and growth of their direct reports, and it sounds like you feel you aren’t getting that support. Your feedback helps us improve and we appreciate your honesty.

determined on meeting goals at the cost of employee

high pressure and uncompromising determination for goals to be meet no matter if it is at the cost of the moral or personal life of the employees does no honor their word single focus on profit and uncaring was once great but has fallen a long way's

Pros

good benefits

Cons

long hours and up to 6 day's with little concern for life outside of cat

9 June 2021
Our teams work hard to meet the needs of our customers because we know that their work builds critical infrastructure and powers communities. While demand is high, we believe each employee should achieve a work/life balance that works for them. We hope you find success in your next role and appreciate the contributions you made as part of Team Caterpillar.

Worst working environment ive ever been part of, no moral

You can do minimal work all day as long as you do it safely, can't use your hands to do simple tasks. Always have to fix someone else's mistakes. No moral.

Raise The White Flag

A management that cares about its employees careers will retain them, whereas others have lost the battle of talent. Respect is earned not demanded...

Decent pay, Decent benefits.

Decent pay, Decent benefits terrible work culture. It is a closed union shop and the union and co. are in a constant battle so the work culture is very stressful.

Asshats

Management is stupid. Don't listen to emplOyees The get rewarded from r pushing bad product don't value anything bit their own opinion.. don't work there. Can't believe they are still in business

Pros

Pizza party

Cons

Pizza party

Depends on your boss

Depending on who your boss is, you could have a great career with Caterpillar. Hopefully, you get a boss who allows you to work without being a Micromanager

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, good people

Cons

Bosses are hit or miss

Wide red tape, a dump

Look elsewhere and save the day, unless you get a kick work fir incompetent leadership and don't care about advancement. Managers block their whole schedule and decide to support you when no longer relevant. Many initiatives have been on their to-do list for years. You speak up = you volunteer yourself to clean up the mess.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Abscent leadership, unproductive culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caterpillar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,9