Caterpillar logo
3,9 out of 5 stars.

Caterpillar Employee Reviews in Griffin, GA

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 105 reviews matching the searchSee all 7.180 reviews

It's a good place to work.

I'm here as a temp, but the environment is safe, and the management/ team helps you. I started here with no experience, and everyone was very patient with me. I recommend it.

Pros

Good Management, clean facilty, decent pay, safe regulations

Cons

Hard to get hired

Official response from Caterpillar

29 October 2020
At Caterpillar, the contributions you bring to the team are valued regardless of your seniority level or employment type. We appreciate you sharing the support you received from your team as you learned the ropes.

Inclusive environment with plenty of opportunity to grow.

Caterpillar has an inclusive work environment with lots of personal growth opportunities. Facilities located throughout the world with many opportunities to relocate. Great benefits which include paid vacation, paid personal time, annual bonus, health insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement, etc.

Pros

Global location's

Cons

Potential for layoffs when production requirements are low.

determined on meeting goals at the cost of employee

high pressure and uncompromising determination for goals to be meet no matter if it is at the cost of the moral or personal life of the employees does no honor their word single focus on profit and uncaring was once great but has fallen a long way's

Pros

good benefits

Cons

long hours and up to 6 day's with little concern for life outside of cat

Official response from Caterpillar

9 June 2021
Our teams work hard to meet the needs of our customers because we know that their work builds critical infrastructure and powers communities. While demand is high, we believe each employee should achieve a work/life balance that works for them. We hope you find success in your next role and appreciate the contributions you made as part of Team Caterpillar.

Fast rad

Good job good pay good people good food good mango good form ok perfect cool job its just a job dor money for* cash cool good digs good pay yoy know they do dru.

Lay offs

Great company, poor severance. Lay offs are expected and people get let go and then brought back repeatedly. Many people no matter how long they hand been there believe their job is in jeopardy.

Has Potential

I worked their for 18.5 years but a better opportunity came available for me and I took another job with a different employer and it was one of the beat decision I made. Not a bad company to work for but they could train their managers better on how to treat their employees.

Dedicated people with a culture of execution

Structured environment with clear goals. Focus on continuous improvement. Lean methodology was a focus. Employees demonstrated a strong work ethic and a desire to support one another.

Caterpillar

Caterpillar was a very good company but they did not have any work life balance in management you are expected to work up to 7 days a week with no compensation for overtime.

It gave me an opportunity to improve my forklift driving skills

The company is great ecept for some minor details like advancement they did not give me the procedure for advancement and I am qualified have been a great manager for 30 years wud love to work for u again

Global

I work on global side. Great people to work with. I pretty much clean the units before getting ship. We work with the Prep to ship crew. We mostly work outside.

Was supposed to be temp to hire but Cat never hires

Made 10.50 a hour but did the same job as permanent employees that made 19.00 a hour. Poor management, no team work work starts at 6:00 am but you have to be at work ten minutes early

Great people to work with also

Investigated and identified RCCA internal and external defects. Provided permanent resolutions for these defects. Teamed with Planning, Engineering, and other management members to implement these resolutions. Communicated and worked closely with Supervisors, Team Leaders, and OTM's to ensure a quality product. Investigated Warranty Claims. Did cycle counts and work with SAP and Red Perry system in shipping and receiving

Stable environment

Overall the environment is stable and so are the hours.They are true to their word concerning giving a riase to to the hardworkers and the job itself is a safe haven if looking for a reputable company to work with

Don't have anything to say

Everything is OK it is just a long process it's a job no different just go to work and do your job supervisor is OK just hot and I've learned a lot of jobs in different areas

Nice workplace

Didn't appreciate how the on site temp supervisor lied on me and the way her attitude was towards me. The workplace was nice and the supervisors were easy going and the environment was nice.

Great company must be a hard workerAl

Always a job to be worked on makes day go by fast. Pay scale including benefit pkg. Good company to work for plus OT is a normal if or when needed. Stay in your line and always try your best.

Its a challenge,

Caterpillar has been very good to me, I came through as a agency employee after searching the job market for months just to be told I was over qualified for everything I applied for. After a few short months of proving myself I was hired on permanent employee, Its been one year since I was hired on, Been recognized multiple times by team members, Management and higher end corp such as the plant manager. I went from knowing nothing about tools, to building multi million dollar equipment. Take alot of pride in my work, I am in line for a team lead/trainer. A great place to learn a new trade, highly recommend to all

Pros

Mon-Thurs Schedule, Great Life Work Balance

Cons

Turnover Rate Of Agency Employees, Constant Revolving Door.

Caterpillar will fire temps for no reason.

Intrview is long and drawn out. The work will replace most of your life. It is hot and fast paced. The pay is not fair and they will allow permanent hires to bully temps, then fire you if you say anything. The supervisor for the main line will also refuse to file and/or simply disregard complaints to avoid having to deal with HR.

A typical day at work

Just work it has changed over the years i build engine for diesel tractor and cruiseships i teach people how to read and understand blueprints and mesa.

Typical assembly line work

I worked there for 9 years and had no plans of leaving. They have decent benefits. I worked at the Perkins facility in Griffin. On-site training, so no true experience is really needed. Just a typical assembly line environment.

Just a temp

Typical day was long and hard I learned to assemble an engine Management was almost none existint Work place environment was permanent employees vs temps Having to work everyday Most enjoyable was the pay check

Pros

This place is always hiring

Cons

You probably will never get hired

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caterpillar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,9