Caterpillar logo
3,9 out of 5 stars.

Caterpillar Employee Reviews in Wamego, KS

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 55 reviews matching the searchSee all 7.180 reviews

Actually enjoyed working there.

Only reason I quit was I wanted to come back to Indiana otherwise I'd still be working there. My supervisor was a really good supervisor as a matter fact when he learned that I was leaving gave me a letter of recommendation for I left and I didn't even ask for it.

Nothing except the hours.

Bosses are dictators and treat the employees like a piece of garbage!!! And if this plant was in Missouri it would be union!!! And the managers would not be able to treat the employees like they do I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work there unless you are a welder you don't matter!!!

Pros

Cons

Bosses

Worst working environment ive ever been part of, no moral

You can do minimal work all day as long as you do it safely, can't use your hands to do simple tasks. Always have to fix someone else's mistakes. No moral.

Stable and career oriented

while I live this company to death it has become very obvious that when it comes to section managers that anyone who brown noses stays. Always enjoyed my job but now that they hire severely under qualified people for roles my entire area feels stressed by lack of leadership, consistent double standards and most of all punishments for doing exactly as we are told. We've brought this up several times to no change.

Pros

Pay benefits bonuses

Cons

Management hard goals

Official response from Caterpillar

21 October 2020
We are sorry to hear that you feel a lack of qualified leadership exists within your functional area. We hear your need for consistency and encourage you to address this concern with your facility’s HR representative.

The company is managed Horrible!

Managers are Horrible and disrespectful, pay is Horrible for the work you do there,there is no stabilization of work or implementing of rules. (It’s trash ) apply somewhere else !

Do not disagree with management

They do not value long time employees. Don’t have to pay new hires as much.Safety cultural is difficult to adhere to. Every time there is a safety incident there is a new safety rule. Management makes no effort to make sure everyone knows all of the ever changing safety rules if you are gone on vacation. Punished for not knowing

Ok place to work

Decent pay, learn new types of welds like multi pass, trantision welds. Thats a lot of fun. They take a good idea like saftey and go extreamly to far with it. An insane amount of computer and classroom tests. Good quarterly bonuses.

its getting better

It's a decent place to work with good benefits. Still uses the good ol' boy system for promotions. If you want to move up, it's about who you know, not your qualifications.

Love it

Great place to work I love my job they understand your daily life task and are will to listen. They also believe safety first with is very important .

Good benefits and pay, forced overtime

I met great people who were very supportive and helpful. Learned to operate industrial machinery. Very good management, except for a couple of micro managing head hunters. Supposed to be 4 10.5 hour shifts but were forced to work 5 days a week, sometimes 6 days. Very little work/ life balance.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Caterpillar?

Good work place

It was a good place to work at but some of your managers are not good they like to walk around and point out what you are doing wrong and not tell you when you did good they also got good benefits and retirement plan there and u get a bonus ever quarter

Pros

You don't have to pay for no welding stuff you can might need

Cons

Management is not all that good

Metal manufacturing Enviroment

It is a good place to work if you like physical work. It can be a hot and dirty job but challenging. It is a stable job with a strong demand for the product. It has good employee benefits.

Ok place to work

Could improve with communication. Do more with training new employees. Too much work place politics lot of ted tape when nack from medical leave. Not.

Pros

Benifits good

I enjoy working for cat

Challenging work environment. Good pay and benefits we receive lots of beneficial training and have a safe working environment. They are very family oriented and supportive.

Good Place

Great place to work at very laid back atmosphere, would defiantly suggest to a friend looking for a long term job.....................................

Caterpillar Work Tools was a great place to work. It had a lot of good people that worked there and were willing to help me with any questions I had. My boss was very knowledgeable.

Well suited for those without families

Caterpillar was a fun place to work but the goals management set were set too high even for the veteran employees. If we explained what we were dealing with on the floor the management would say they listened but then nothing would come of the meetings. We were pushed to set a high bar for safety with high velocity with little wiggle room for error. Employee morale was low due to fears there was no end in sight to all of the mandatory overtime the employees were subjected to. The company hasn't seen a slow down in a few years and isn't employing enough people to help with the demand.

Excellent

I had a great Supervisor and team members. The company is very large with a lot of new innovations coming into the pipeline. They are constantly improving their products.

Manager is without integrity.

Caterpillar is a wonderful company to work for. Pay is alright and benefits are really good. It is a revolving door of managers coming and going who have turned it into a mess of disorganized chaos. They come in, shake things up for their personal advancement and move on. If you make a mistake they leverage it into a termination event rather than offer counsel or alternative actions.

ok not great

work all the time, Sundays off. mandatory overtime every weekend. no real home life. this is all i have to say about them. ..................................

place to learn but repetitive

Was not the best town to live in, very boring. Repetitive work. Also plants were being shut down while I was there. they brought in robots and we were still working 60 hour weeks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caterpillar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,9