Caterpillar logo
3,9 out of 5 stars.

Caterpillar Employee Reviews for Forklift Operator

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 197 reviews matching the searchSee all 7.180 reviews

Actually enjoyed working there.

Only reason I quit was I wanted to come back to Indiana otherwise I'd still be working there. My supervisor was a really good supervisor as a matter fact when he learned that I was leaving gave me a letter of recommendation for I left and I didn't even ask for it.

Nothing except the hours.

Bosses are dictators and treat the employees like a piece of garbage!!! And if this plant was in Missouri it would be union!!! And the managers would not be able to treat the employees like they do I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work there unless you are a welder you don't matter!!!

Pros

Cons

Bosses

Enjoyable work environment

I actually really like it at caterpillar it just seemed to difficult for me to advance. If you know people higher up that helps. If they see you working hard they will try to help you advance.

Pros

Team leads and supervisors that actually want to see and help you advance

Cons

Work becomes your life

Just a temporary employee

I love working there but when you are temp your opinions don't matter. You are cheap labor and you only have 2years to get hired. If you don't your contract has ended and you are out of a job. No matter how good of a job you have done for them. You are not valued. No benefits and when they shut down for what ever reason you are not paid like a cat employee.

Pros

Like my job

Cons

No benefits and you are not valued like a full-time employee

Great benefits

Overall it was a great company to work for. Most times I felt like it was a team effort. As a forklift operator there were times when I felt overworked having to unload trailers, keep up with production line needs and provide assistance to other departments.

Pros

Benefits, overtime and teamwork

Cons

Sometimes understaffed, low moral

Caterpillar is a decent place to work fun environment

Caterpillar is a decent place to work fun environmentAlthough the bidding process to become a full-time employee to caterpillar can be a bit difficult

Not a good place for minorities

Easy work Poor teamwork and management Racist management and HR department Not too many opportunities for advancements Pays really low compared to other companies doing same work

Pros

Easy work, non physical, paid lunch breaks

Cons

Poor management, Poor HR, constant harassment

Bad management

Working here for 17 yrs is a complete waste of my time I would never recommend anyone to work here hrly I've never been treated so awfully by an employer it's been a struggle just to keep my job and then I've lost pay all I can say is look elsewhere dont waste your time

Pros

Insurance

Cons

Not appreciated

Easy job

Very easy job. Especially the logistics area. I like that you can choose a 10 hour shift or a 8 hour shift. Advancement is pretty good. As long as you come to work your okay.

Pros

Easy warehouse work

Cons

Some mandatory overtime

13 November 2020
We are glad that you enjoy the schedule flexibility that your job allows. Each employees’ career growth is driven by their aspirations and goals. Thank you for being part of Team Caterpillar.

I miss that job

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Caterpillar is very goodPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Caterpillar are excellentJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Caterpillar, I think it's a 10 being the bestManagementIn general, managers at Caterpillar very good peopleCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Caterpillar is awesomeOverallMy experience working at Caterpillar wish I was still there

I see management only trying to do whats necessary to benefit themseves

if u work there,.. stay under the radar of management. We are union They aren't. They will take a person down to make themselves look better. They can change ur positions n pay at will

Pros

good insurance

Cons

lots of rules, that they can twist to their favor in order to get rid of those they font care for, Union is not helpful, Yet u pay for them to help u

Doesn't appreciate anything you do.

Caterpillar does not care about how good you are at you're job. They only care about themselves and the people who are at the top of the work list there. Unless you have you're name out there, they do not care about you.

Pros

Hour long lunch and easy work.

Cons

Do not care for you as a person if you're name is not out there.

Fun

great place to work , steady paced, lots of work to do. never a dull moment with my team. the people are inclusive and overall great people. the training was thorough and amazing.

Pros

easy work, lots of breaks

Cons

management tends to forget to show up

11 November 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience at Caterpillar. We are thrilled to know that you felt the job was exciting and the environment was inclusive. Properly preparing our team members is the most critical way to ensure success, and we are glad you felt that your training was sufficient. We wish you all the best moving forward.

Okay place but once in you can't leave until shift is over

A lot of better places to work out there but okay starter job to start a career in if you can acclimate to all the weird off the wall school yard rules they have in place.

Pros

Good for someone with no family coming out of school

Cons

They don't care about your family life

Great place to work!

In the warehouse, we pick and store parts. The managers have been with CAT a long time and they are nice. Co-workers are all great to work with. You get to learn almost every position !!

Pros

401k Matching is great, good pay, great coworkers

Cons

Medial coverage for a family is expensive

27 July 2020
The members of Team Caterpillar are second to none, and all have a vital role to play in the company’s success. With a mix of experienced professionals like you’ve described and new talent, there is no limit to what our doers can achieve. Thanks for your contributions as part of the team.

Decent people, company sucks

The company doesn't care at all about a work life balance. It's often a 60-70 mandatory overtime 7 day week. You will never get a 4 day week like they brag about when you get hired. The production is ALWAYS behind, so you'll always be required to work OT. I was blatantly lied to by my team lead and another work group manager. Some work groups get special treatment while others are constantly screwed over. If you choose to work here, know that you WILL be working 60 hours a week, consistently. You do get time off for Christmas, but when you go back you're already behind so it's back to overtime, ALL THE TIME. Employees who blatantly break company policy are left unchecked, while others who try to follow it are walked out the door. You'll have zero job security.

A good place for a young person without a family to start a career.

Was a pretty good place to work just not much room for advancement. I had to work under several different supervisors so it was a little hard to get use to.

Caterpillar

If your belflex please believe they will work you like a dog and treat you any kind of way compared to the people who are permanent it takes forever to get hired on smh I will be looking for a new job the company is based off the economy smh so with everything going on we are out of work again smh

Good place that i recommande for student because you will learn evry thing you need and good benefites Flexibility to swich shifts,People frendly,verry good place

6 April 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience working at Caterpillar. All of our employees have a key role to play in helping our customers build a better world. We are proud of the professional development opportunities that we offer to the team, and appreciate you calling that out. We wish you all the best moving forward.

N/a

I like working here it’s a very safe and friendly environment. I like my supervisors as they always push me to do my best in anything I do and I almost always exceed in everything I do.

Good place to show talent..flexible hours and reasonable pay..needs better management..more communication amongst then to be in accord.i have been there sometime now and have not been converted to a position with benefits a chance for better pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caterpillar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,9