Caterpillar logo
3,9 out of 5 stars.

Caterpillar Employee Reviews for Repair Technician

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 7.180 reviews

Decent pay, Decent benefits.

Decent pay, Decent benefits terrible work culture. It is a closed union shop and the union and co. are in a constant battle so the work culture is very stressful.

You never know why you are doing the job you are doing.

Upper management applies a lot of pressure on lower management. So that lower management will apply a lot of pressure on the hourly workers.And you will rarely have the materials or support you need to be successful.

Pros

Good pay

Its Okay

Good Place to Work till it closed, Good Hours, Easy Location. Loved working on the machines and had friendly co-workers. Wish it was still open then i wouldn't need a job.

Company First - All Else Second

An important thing to remember, is that in all matters, the well being Caterpillar comes first. Many hour cuts and policy changes make hardships for employees, and are aimed at saving money, which Caterpillar is very fond of keeping for itself. One year can be 70+hrs/week, the next 40hrs without a taste of overtime.

Horrid management stay away!!!

This company is way too top heavy. Too many managers with nothing better to do than make up new rules daily and crucify anyone who steps out of line. Every blue collar worker is micromanaged to death because the lack of workers vs managers.

Pros

Local

Cons

Over managed

Disorganized

A lot of disorganized over/micro managing. They pay way to many people to manage the people who do the real work around the plant. Not all of them are bad some of the people are really good at the work that needs to be done on a day to day basis.

Temp position

I worked during the strike of 1995. The fulltime employees are greedy union employees who will probably end up losing their jobs because the company will go under or move to china.

Install diesel engine parts on an assembly line. Opportunity to advance yourself if your willing to work hard. Attendance is number one. Will not tolerate showing up late.

Benefits

Cons

I do not wish to post comment

I do not want to remotely expose myself to a lawsuit. Sorry but I don’t trust any computer system thay all can be compromised. It is what it is. Work there if you want.

Clean work environment

Very good place to work if your looking for a stable job and clean working environment. Pay is good and employees interact with management very frequently.

Pros

All tools provided

Cons

Lots of bosses

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Caterpillar?

Very friendly and clean work inviorment

Cleanest place I have ever worked I and would love to find another like it. If I ever had an issue it was corrected immediately and the bosses was some of the best you could ever ask for.

Pros

plenty of breaks

very productive and a good place to work with good pay and benefits.

Caterpillar is a good place to work the people are good to work around the management is top notch while keeping the employees notified of any changes that may occur that will effect the employees.

Pros

benefits, pay, good leaders

Cons

really no cons

Good Benefits, Great Fellow Employees

Company is pretty wonderful to work for in regards to pay and benefits. Work schedule is hectic and unpredictable, but this is common in manufacturing. Obtained a great deal of on-the-job training, and gained a good bit of knowledge about the product(s) manufactured.

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Knowledge Obtained

Cons

Work Schedule is Demanding and Unpredictable

Safety cultured, Good benefits.

Dedicated to a safe workplace and producing a high quality product. Strives to be environmentally conscious in every step of the manufacturing process.

Interesting job

Hard work but fun . Worked with a good group of workers. I did not have any benefits but the pay was ok. Layoffs happen a lot.

I came to Caterpillar thinking its a big company and there would be job security. I started off at Mosville and the management didn't do there job

Day starts with a meeting on what needs to be finished an what need to get out. I have learned a lot about hydraulics, ordering parts, team work. All the management can depend on me to do what they ask of me and more. I work very well with others love being part of a team and also am able to be left alone and get the job done. The hardest part is waiting on parts that is out of your control. The most enjoyable part is taking something that does not work and making it work better then expected.

Pros

New things to work on and learn

Cons

job security

The best part of the job is the people I work with, the hardest is the daily commute.

A typical day includes diagnosing and repairing CNC machines.

Pros

stable company

Cons

health care