Caterpillar logo
3,9 out of 5 stars.

Caterpillar Employee Reviews for Team Leader

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 79 reviews matching the searchSee all 7.180 reviews

Secure job with good benefits

Good place to work. Good work life balance with managers very accommodating with holidays. Decent pay for what you do. Progression available. Stable environment.

Vacation time , benefits

Cat is okay to work for as long as you stay to yourself don't try and make friends with anyone !!! Their pay needs to start at $18 for the associates because of the type of physical labor....

Great place to work until your job is outsourced

Great training, meaningful work, dept was very geared towards electronic data instead of paper bills. Management in my dept was very hands on. We worked well a a team

The Mangers at Dyersburg Caterpillar were the best of the best! They put employees first. We were a family. Always looked out for one another. I miss my Cat family

Pros

Family Environment

Cons

Plant shutdown

Good pay and benefits.

Overall a good work environment. Safety really does seem to be the highest priority with quality being next. It is a fairly diverse environment with people from many backgrounds. Most employees take pride in their work and the machines we build, which helps improve the work culture. Management isn't perfect but considering everything this past year it could definitely be worse. Good pay and great benefits, some mandatory overtime .

Pros

401k, Insurance, Pto, Quarterly Bonus, Good Pay

Cons

Short lunch (paid), Overtime(pro for some), Staffing shortages(recently)

Official response from Caterpillar

27 April 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience. What you shared about our culture, commitment to safety, inclusive environment and overall passion for the work being done are some of the most critical components to the Caterpillar experience. We are proud that you’ve enjoyed your experience with us and appreciate the contributions you make to the team.

underpaid

not to bad but wouldn't recommend for someone looking to move up unless you want to kiss up to hr and get there help in getting your request for jobs through

Run

Terrible company to work for. They don’t care about their employees, benefits get worse every year, management is strictly based off who you know, constant layoffs/outsourcing, unrealistic goals. You should probably only work here if you’re in the EO.

Pros

My department got to break vacation down into 2 hour increments.

Cons

The absolute WORST management from bottom to top.

Official response from Caterpillar

29 October 2020
While we appreciate your review, we are disappointed in the experience you had with Caterpillar. Our core values as a company are founded on the belief that our employees are the driving force behind Caterpillar’s success. As our company and the industries we serve continue to grow and evolve we do as well. We wish you the best in your next chapter.

Great

Great place to work. I’m good with this app and it has been great to work for a few years but this one has been great and it has been great to see the people in my new job

Layoffs

You will experience a layoff at least once a year, for at least a week. But the plus side of that is they will sign you up for unemployment. And it will come on time.

Productive company with opportunity

Caterpillar is a company that will inform it's employee's about job related functions and expectations from their staff. They reward employees for reaching mile stones for the company.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Caterpillar?

Work

The work environment is some what dangers. You have to be aware of your surroundings. You are expected to throw away plans you make to work at the last second.

Poor Management and Human Resources in Seguin location.

Caterpillar promotes policy of open door and no bully. They encourage reporting these behaviors. I tried reported bullying from a manager and ended up getting terminated. The Company Caterpillar has great values. The Seguin division does not follow them. Human Resources does not protect the employees. I had no previous write ups.

All they care about is numbers

Company treats you as you are expendable. Seems like that harder you work and better the employee the more they want from you. When they have people that don't try and don't care get away with anything. They promise you the world but don't ever deliver. They will talk about your bonus but when it comes time to get it you will find you walk away with close to the minim. Overall the Athens facility is the worse Caterpillar plant to work for and I would advise anyone interested in working there to explore other options.

Fast paced with plenty to keep you busy. Constant work standard improvements kept you thinking of how to better the process.

The day would start with a line up of customer demand, along with a timeline to completion. Everyone worked together as a team offering assistance to anyone who needed it.

Great company

I enjoy working here lots of advancement and good people Full work week with 2 shifts available Management knowledge and staff positive Free parking

Good job

Good job to work easy to move up and make better opportunities for yourself. You can make your way to where you want but company has developed a bad stigma from previous layoffs so it’s always in the back of your mind.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Uncertainty

It depends

It depends on your supervisor and core team if it’s a good place to work. There is a lot of favoritism. Not all policies are followed for everyone. All in all not to bad of a place to work

Good company bad management

It’s a good company to work for with compensation & benefits The problem is management & not caring about the people that work hard for them everyday You just never know when parts may become unavailable and prevent work

Caterpillar does not care about the employee

Upper management doesn't care about the employee all they cared about was how much money they were going to make,no advancement opportunity unless you went out drinking with a manager or you were in a relationship with a manager, very unprofessional. If you have a good work ethic and you take pride in what you do do not work for them, if your lazy and can kiss a** with the best of them then this job is for you.

Good people with the same end goal which is satifying the customer

I love my job and the people I work for/with. Very good learning environment with management that only pushes growth and safety. Lots of room for advancement and improvement but uncertain if my skills will rollover in the future with Caterpillar.

Pros

benefits, bonuses, gain share

Cons

Drama, Preferential treatment

Has too many lay offs

Meeting in the mornings to discuss the days agenda. How to be patient and learned to lead. The culture was pretty stressful. Worrying about lay offs. The most enjoyable thing at work was learning

Pros

Day shift

Cons

Lay-offs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caterpillar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,9