Caterpillar logo

Caterpillar Employee Reviews for Warehouse Associate

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 142 reviews matching the searchSee all 7.180 reviews

Great job

Besides the supervisor playing favorites... Its a great job. Benefits are great also. Management is just ok. The raises are based on performance. Just keep your head down and work.

Pros

Free lunch on occasion

Cons

One lunch break

27 April 2021
The passion for doing right by our customers is what drives the Caterpillar team. Your contributions were appreciated and we wish you all the best in your next role.

Productive place to work and flexible schedule.

A typical day at caterpillar consist of working 12hr shifts. You are required to meet productivity goals but are given 3 months to learn and meet the goals.

Pros

Three 12 hour workdays and four days off. Great benefits.

Cons

Long days

bad

very bad because this job requires you to be very physical hard labor all day and with littlepay. 15 an hour for warehouse job isnt goin to cut it and people need way more money to thrive with

Pros

you work ethic

Cons

mantadory overtime

Speed over everything.

To start off, the management will constantly preach safety and quality over production velocity but it's the complete opposite. They graded you every day, week and quarter for your "lines per hour" and if it's not to thier standards (which always increased usually every year) they'll just fire you. Safety does have some value, but they could care less about doing a quality job with minimal errors.You try your best and ask management to help you but often it fell on deaf ears and you just had to sink or swim. It's a shame, cause outside of the stressful work culture and a majority of the managers having a clique mentality when it comes to some of thier employees, it was actually a pretty good job that I liked doing. I actually wanted to stay working there, but they didn't feel the same way. Oh well.

Pros

Pay rate was good, weekly pay, benefits were good

Cons

They only care about you being fast, high turnover rate, poor culture

Lots of OT money is great

I loved working at cat. Everyone was really nice and we had a lot of fun! There was always OT if you wanted it! Made good money but really didn’t have a life outside of work, worked like 66 hrs a week!! I would recommend this company though!!

Pros

Pay, monthly bonuses and incentives, people, plenty of OT

Cons

No life outside of work

Fun workplace

Great job excellent benefits and pay hr was understanding and even paid us for the week when it froze in Texas best job I’ve had since the VA easy to get along with management

Pros

Free lunches family days multiple discounts to theme parks & gyms

Its a stable job

This is a cool job, but I wouldn't make it the company I retire from. They run you like rats too get numbers, it's all they really care about. I'm happy with my Benifits tho.... Management and Supervisors are why this company is a mad house.

Pros

Benifits, health, Dental, 401K Etc.

Cons

Short breaks, low starting pay, shady management and Supervisors.

Ok benefits and pay, terrible everything else

If you start working here, don't dare ever complain about anything unless you want a target on your head. I got fired after being there for NINE YEARS because in one night I complained to my supervisor three times about one person in the area I was working not wearing their mask correctly. My supervisor did not fix the situation, and still expected me to work in that area.Two days later they fired me under the pretense that I was being too rude when I complained to my supervisor about the mask policy not being followed. I do not recommend working here, and the only nice thing I can say is that my pay and benefits were very decent after being there for nine years.

Pros

Benefits, pay

Cons

Really bad job culture, gossips, management makes it like a sweatshop and the company manager is the worse

They only care about numbers, numbers and numbers everyday. Does care about their employees. Lots of gossips in the warehouse. Manager tells you one thing when you get hired but do not actually do it. Management plays favorites and supervisors do monkey businesses while at the job. Company only promote people that are close to the management. HR and management is very unprofessional.

Pros

pay and benefits

Cons

Management play favorites, hard to get promoted

Productive and fun environment!

My review on Caterpillar is that, they’re a really good company to work for and they help you out in any way they can! As long as you do your job and what they ask of you then you will not have any issues, as well as working with and for wonderful people.

Jobs at Caterpillar

Warehouse Associate positions
See more jobs

Awesome

Management great, pay and benefits good, easy work, if you work. Supervisors easy to get along with and always willing to help. Most will get down and dirty with you, if they need too

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Work early

Need new management

The job was easy for the most part. I started as a picker which I worked in the bins area and it was HOT in the summer time and COLD in the winter. The warehouse is not climate controlled. The raises was horrible! 8 cents, 10 cents, 13 cents raises was a complete joke. The benefits package was great but very expensive for medical care. There is no advancement hardly!!!! It will take 5 years or more to move into a new position and its base on seniority. So if your looking to move up in a company into a management position, you’ll need a Bachelors degree. The highest position you’ll go into without a degree is a lead or clerk. Also, everything is production base even loading or unloading trucks. They monitor gap times and you will be fired if you don’t bring up your production within a certain time frame. This job has random drug testing with a paid nurse on site in the warehouse.

Pros

Overtime, steady income

Cons

No advancements, pay raise is horrible

Steady hours

Youll learn alot here. The pay is fair but should be more, especially the people who have been there for a long time. They need to take care of the older workers!

Pros

Steady hours

Cons

Needs better training

It sucks

Worked there 3 years. Good pay but you work a lot of Saturdays. The IPC seemed like a train work . Alot of office politics. Will write you up for almost anything.

Pros

Money

Cons

Everything else

Be careful while working here

pay isnt to bad but the culture of the place changes per department and you cant trust management to help you out, if you have a medical emergency and have to leave work and are out of PTO then you are gonna get written up or even fired.

Pros

gain share bonus

Cons

training and ethics

11 November 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience. We are disappointed that you felt that you experienced a lack of consistency across departments when it comes to culture. We appreciate the contributions you made as part of the team and your feedback as we continue to look for opportunities for growth and improvement.

Good Benefits Pay could be better

Good job, Pay in some areas is why too low. You get 2 10 minutes breaks and a 20 min lunch. Benefits are what I miss the most. 2 weeks paid vacation per year, 1 week pto etc

Pros

Atomosphere, Benefits

Cons

Pay

Jackie kent

Work-life balanceThey are very flexible with family needsPay & benefitsGreat 401 kJob security and advancementGreat all around companyOverallI worked there through a temp agency and I never regretted going to work. I moved to Las Vegas to be close to family and so far it’s been tough finding a job that hold the respect that caterpillar has for their employees.

A good place to work for a younger person.

Was hurt at work and workmans comp denied my claim. Short term disability has been paying a percentage of my pay but still have to pay copays , fuel and insurance out of my own pocket. Very little room for advancement, short breaks and cannot leave the building until your shift is completed or the job is done. The pay is not that great and the raises are a joke. A good place to work for a younger person without a family to work but a older person, not so much.

Pros

Benefits are ok.

Cons

Short breaks, no room for advancement, pay and raises are not great.

Not a bad place to work

Its a corporation. They have to watch watch their bottom line and are very numbers oriented. Their safety culture is second to none. Actually, the best I've ever seen.

Pros

Pay is fair opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Very numbers oriented and fair in their discipline of failing to meet their goals.

11 November 2020
Your review makes us incredibly proud. Thank you for highlighting our commitment to safety. Part of delivering a stellar employee experience means keeping Team Caterpillar safe and well. We appreciate that you found that the safety practices we have in place are best in class. Thank you for being a part of Team Caterpillar.

team leads/management is a complete joke

If you aren’t in the “circle”with your superiors, you might as well start looking for something else. they either like you and favor you, or they don’t like you and will find any reason to make your job suck so you quit or eventually be fired.

Pros

health benefits and 401k

Cons

everything other than the pros.

One of the best companies I have ever worked for. Management is always engaging, willing to help you any way to make your goals. Once you reach your goals, then they start training you to work in other areas. Quickly advance if you have the motivation.

Pros

Pay, Ot, vacation sick PTO UTO day 1, friendly

Cons

Strict attendance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caterpillar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,9