Covance Reviews

Alle 971 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Great company
PROGRAM SPECIALIST (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA 9212117 augustus 2019
Covance is definitely a great place to set a foundation for healthcare. They didn’t require a whole lot of experience, but they sure did teach a lot and very thorough on the occupation itself. The environment is based on the day, but coworkers are always helpful.
Poorly Managed
Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Indianapolis, IN15 augustus 2019
I have worked here for several years across several departments. There are people in leadership that are toxic, it's like a cancer that has spread. Poorly managed which makes for a difficult work/life balance. This company needs to take better care of their employees and their turnover rate would drop. It's all about the dollar at Covance, at all costs to employees. Sad.
It’s ok
PROGRAM SPECIALIST (voormalige medewerker) –  Gaithersburg, MD15 augustus 2019
If you are ok with tight reigns on you or tight discipline then this is a good place for you. You have to take exact time breaks. You have to meet a certain metrics or you’re gone.
Busy
study technician (huidige medewerker) –  Madison, WI12 augustus 2019
Stressful workplace with large disconnect between offsite upper management and study technicians/ lower management. Supervisors and department management seem powerless to help make positive changes although many try and are excellent people.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun place to work with team outing
Clinical Data analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka11 augustus 2019
*Learnt new skills and technology
*worked on advance software under supervision
*easily approachable to higher management
*Positive and enthusiastic culture
*Flexibilty hours
Pluspunten
Flexibilty hours
Minpunten
streching work hours occasionaly
IClinical Research Associate
Sr CRA (voormalige medewerker) –  Princeton, NJ10 augustus 2019
This company does not believe in work life balance, promotions from within the company, their New Line Managers have not been trained on how to manage direct reports, etc.
I would not recommend this company!
Average work enviroment
Program Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA4 augustus 2019
A lot of competition, not a lot of room for growth. Micro-management. Not a lot of freedom, they try to keep you under their thumb a lot, not very understanding.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Makes me want to quit science
Lab Technician (huidige medewerker) –  Greenfield, IN29 juli 2019
horrible management, no incentives or bonus, no work/life balance, low pay. The only reason I stay is the good coworkers. Only had one department outing, which was employee paid for.
Great Place to work
Microbiology Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Battle Creek, MI29 juli 2019
I worked here 2 years as a security guard and was offered a position as a microbiology technition. The work was interesting and gave me great expierence. I would recomend this employer to anyone. Absolutly loved the people there- they are amazing!
Great company
Screening Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Daytona Beach, FL27 juli 2019
Great company . great managers. Hard work. Must be precise and very accurate. Employees are treated well and get along well with each other. Recommended place to work.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Hard Work
Sample Handling assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Indianapolis, IN26 juli 2019
I can’t speak on the entire company,so many different departments, comes with different lead/point people and supervisors. Not all the supervisors are the same some are very friendly and helpful some are very irritable and unhelpful and will snap on you for asking a question. I can’t say I ran into too many angry workers, it's very competitive in some departments especially specimen management . It can be like a bad high school movie sometimes and a lot of spreading other people’s information or rumors, but this is the biggest company I’ve worked for. So I don’t know if this is a thing among bigger companies. I’ve met a lot of great ppl. I miss the money but I did wrk really hard for it 😂 I would only recommend this place if you are use to hard labor. And moving fast pace without being to frustrated and or sitting or standing all day.
Extremely draining
Patient Access Advocate (voormalige medewerker) –  Gaithersburg, MD23 juli 2019
I worked in the position as a Patient Access Advocate for almost two years. I read the bad reviews and decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that all management cares about here are their numbers. From unorganized training, incompetent managers, cliques, attendance policy and zero work-life balance Covance has all the components that create a toxic work environment.
Pluspunten
PTO when you can get it approved
Minpunten
Everything else
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Good place to get taken advantage of
Study Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Madison, WI18 juli 2019
Preys on the newly graduated. Managers are inept, placing yes-men(or women) as supervisors, who aim to please their boss at the expense of efficiency and their workers well-being. Culture is toxic, people enjoy when others make mistakes, believing it makes them look better. Many do the bare-minimum, because if you do extra, it is continually expected of you, and you see no benefits. Expect to work 12 hour days or more in order to maintain quality. Perpetually understaffed, so everyone's workload is way too high, people quit as a result, and the cycle continues. Don't expect to reason with management, they will take suggestions as an insult rather than constructive criticism. Awful healthcare for a pharmaceutical company. Nepotism and favoritism are rampant. I wish i would have taken reviews seriously when I first looked at this company. If you are sado-masochist then go for it. Expect no work life balance, and your only solace is the fact you are in this with your co-workers who are suffering the same fate. Steer clear if you value your mental health.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Good Money and Animal Experience But Not Much Else
Study Technician in Animal Operations (voormalige medewerker) –  Madison, WI16 juli 2019
I had several issues with this company and position the year I stayed before I finally quit to save my health. First, they plain lied during the interview. I tried asking about their work-life balance, hours and weekends expected to work, and job expectations and either got a half-truth or a full lie. They said they valued work-life balance for their employees and they do NOT. We were told our hours would be 6:30 to 3:15, but that was a lie. We were expected to be IN lab by 6:00 at the very latest (usually we had to be there earlier to perform AM room checks for the animals) and scheduled to stay in lab at least until 3 or 4, not including the PM room checks we need to do. We were expected to run studies for the company, which was not specified in the job description in the interview. We were given no time in our schedule to actually work on them, so we were forced to stay very late to tend to studies in their physical rooms as well as the paperwork associated with them. So long as we are at work, we are paid, but they very much expected your job to be your life and encourage a culture as such. Even if you called in sick and were practically dying, the culture makes you feel guilty for taking any amount of time to get better. Lots of people in this position turn to unhealthy forms of coping due to having no work-life balance and not taking time for themselves, like alcoholism and gambling. They make you work several weeks in a row, usually at least 2 weekends a month as well as several holidays throughout the year.
While the skills I got here were very valuable and useful
  meer... in my intended career with animals, I find it very difficult to recommend this job to anyone that values their personal life.  minder
Very poor management
Scientist (huidige medewerker) –  Chantilly, VA16 juli 2019
The management would do well as used car salesman. This is the quality valuable to the upper management, not productivity, not scientific knowledge and definitely not problem solving. The upper management has low education, but can schmooze until the client's heads are spinning. Nothing gets done in time, everything is delayed, and this site is unable to prioritize. Total disarray. When things hit the fan, blaming is the only thing to do. Not sure how the site director, scientific director, all managers got their jobs. Incompetence and Peter's principle ! Production manager is the worse!
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
4,0
Well Organized Company
Clinical Research Associate II (huidige medewerker) –  Cary, NC15 juli 2019
This is a large company therefore, they have great vendors regarding internal and external systems. Unfortunately it is a bit difficult trying to progress.
Very high stress
Study Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Madison, WI14 juli 2019
Days are scheduled out for you and constantly running from one thing to the next. Then work that needs done outside of your schedule must be done in overtime.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great company to start your career
Research Assistant III (huidige medewerker) –  Madison, WI14 juli 2019
Covance allows you to grow and expand your skillset in a very short period of time, which is helpful when starting your career directly from undergraduate studies.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Overall Experience
Patient Access Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Gaithersburg, MD12 juli 2019
The job itself is very intuned with building team bonding skills and making a fun environment. The compensation could be better along with more opportunities for advancement.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Fast-pasting working environment.
Method Development Scientist (voormalige medewerker) –  Harrogate, TN11 juli 2019
Great place to start your scientific career, a lot of experience people to learn from and develop your skills and knowledge. Big workload a a lot of stress associated with tight deadlines and demanding clients.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Covance. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag