Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews

Alle 4.702 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Horrible place to work for
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (voormalige medewerker) –  Murfreesboro, TN11 december 2018
CMOP mail order pharmacy. horrible place to work. micro management and assembly line type environment. over worked and underpaid and no sick days.
military style work place
Customer Contact Support Officer (voormalige medewerker) –  Hobart TAS11 december 2018
nil assistance from manager when needed, bullying and lack of acknowlegement of staff. lack of leadership and skills to work with staff. boring and repetitive work
Great work environment
Phlebotomy Technician( Internship) (huidige medewerker) –  Beaumont, TX11 december 2018
Great fast pace environment with wonderful coworkers. The coworkers have a way of putting you at ease. Very clean work environment . Handles patients in a timely manner.
Fun and quiet enviroment
Intermediate Program (voormalige medewerker) –  Charleston, SC11 december 2018
My time at the Department of Veterans Affairs were very productive. I interacted with the other employees. I also assisted with uploading patients claims into the system.
2,0
Jacksonville, FL
Primary Care Physician (voormalige medewerker) –  JAX, FL11 december 2018
Toxic management who view primary care doctors as expendable. You will be doing paperwork and data entry that could be done by a middle schooler, which wastes 40% of your day, but still be expected to get all the patient care done. They are hiring five more because everyone is fleeing the toxic management, unreasonable paperwork volume, lack of specialty access, enabling of abusive patient behavior, and imminent malpractice. Ask them about the two guys in the parking lots with guns they swept under the rug.
Pluspunten
If you refuse to work outside your scheduled hours, hours are good
They expect 2-3 hours free labor a day + 8.5 hour shift
Bedrijfscultuur
You're reeled in... only to realize you've been attacked by a SHARK!!
Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbia, SC10 december 2018
You'll go to Baltimore for a 6 week training course. It's a great time and the instructors are good. Sometimes you know what type of claims you'll be working (at the VARO back home) when you get to school and sometimes not. Once training is over, you work claims with a "mentor", but that person is on production also. The managers don't allow much time for them to assist you. As a claims worker, Washington DC sends down unrealistic production requirements and expectations. The VA spends all of this money to send you to school, but then uses "accountability", a word that is used as a scare tactic. If you miss making the "standards", you live in a panic wondering whether or not you'll get terminated. This is no way to function or live. The VA loses good workers daily due to the stress of this job as they try to adhere to a far reaching standard. It gives the impression that the VA only cares about numbers and not veterans.
Helping veterans
Minpunten
Stress, management not always helpful, no "Team" environment, CONSTANT MANDATORY OVERTIME
Great mission, difficult culture
Program Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC10 december 2018
The mission is amazing and there are many amazing hard working colleagues. But, there are layers of bureaucracy and years of mismanagement which make it difficult to stay there happily long term.
Bedrijfscultuur
The work was relaxing and for a good cause.
Housekeeping Aide (voormalige medewerker) –  Pittsburgh, PA10 december 2018
A typical day at work would include housekeeping or grounds work, for example plowing snow, or cleaning and sanitizing various areas of the facility. I learned to be flexible, and also, to be kind to the patients and visitors who occupied the hospital. Management was easy to get along with and displayed patience and a willingness to give accolades when I did a good job. The workplace culture required flexibility and a readiness to take on priority tasks. The hardest part of the job was being on point, and not leaving things undone. The most enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork, and willingness bu my colleagues to throw in and get major tasks done in a timely manner.
Teamwork.
Minpunten
Sometimes the work was overwhelming.
2,0
Bedrijfscultuur
Holidaysburg vets home needs more help people are going out on disability no help bosses fault
Chef (voormalige medewerker) –  Holidaysburg vets home10 december 2018
If you are strong can ignore people do your own work it would be ok no help was beth hofers my bosses fault to much lying boss running around with other men she is.married partThe holidaysburg vetetans is hard. But no help in certain ateas you earn your money here or you quit very stressful place not worth it i quit gave 110 percent hofer pushed me to disability she did nothing.no management dis just me as a cook people were liars sneaks pigs im glad im out but i lost alot of my pension because of that witch.lazy
Pluspunten
Nice vets not workers or bosses lazy
No help
Care of our veterans
Automotive Equipment Operator I (voormalige medewerker) –  Fresno, CA10 december 2018
You cannot put a price of the need for these services for our veterans. They should be cared for in this manner with medical staff on site. It is the least that a community can do to help safeguard the lives of veterans for their service and in their infirmities.
Pluspunten
Being a part of this culture was very fulfilling
Minpunten
It was hard to move forward after losing them
Growth
Program Support Clerk (GS 5-1) (huidige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO10 december 2018
In my opinion this organization needs a wake-up call. Nepotism runs like crazy here and it doesn't help anyone out. They need to better assist the veterans who desire growth and development.
Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  St. Albans, NY10 december 2018
Each day will bring a new challenge. At the department of veterans affairs you'll have to develop a insight on the veterans and also the people who care for them on a daily.
Helping our Veterans
Not enough resources
Na
Registered Nurse- Operating Room (huidige medewerker) –  Nashville, TN9 december 2018
The mission is there and those that go to work aim to meet or exceed the mission. The mission gets blurred due to the union, which is very strong there.
ok
Federal Police Officer (voormalige medewerker) –  Alexandria, LA9 december 2018
It was a job, but the patient made it worth it. I had to leave this job for medical reasons. I would return to the because I have mastered the environment and can work and survive the chaos.
got a check
not consistant
My communication skills.
Strong communication skills (voormalige medewerker) –  Temple, TX9 december 2018
I have excellent communication skills, I have over 30+ years of Military service and have worked from the lowest skill levels to the very upper tier of expertise.
Pluspunten
Excellet communication skills at all levels.
Minpunten
Not being an expert at a new career opprutunity.
Great work enviroment
Veterans Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY8 december 2018
Over 5 years I worked my way up through the Department of Veterans Affairs. I have volunteered and been nominated to work special assignments, with great success. I have continued to excel through additional challenges. Hardest part of my job is not being able to effectively help Veterans the way I would like to. In the last year the environment has become less than favorable. With the overhaul within the department and National leadership over the Veterans experience.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
This is a great place to work
RN Care Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Cleveland, OH8 december 2018
I have been employed at the Cleveland VA for 10 years. It is an honor to work with veterans on a daily basis. My job is very rewarding. I started here right out nursing school and plan to retire from here.
Work
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work if you're an RN, LPN, forget it
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (huidige medewerker) –  Prescott, AZ7 december 2018
Love the work, the Veterans but have yet to see a raise in 10 years or more. Leadership will lie about giving a raise and the salary surveys that were suppose to have been done. Total lack of respect for the LPNs yet we are worked just as hard as the RN's. Nurse Practitioners, PA's and Police are all in the same boat. They preach respect yet give none.
Pluspunten
The people we serve, benefits we can pay for
disrespect
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
Maffia setting
Veteran Transportation Dispatcher (voormalige medewerker) –  Hot Springs, SD6 december 2018
If you are not in and you rock the boat you are out. Small VAMC like this are very hard on people. Most people are all about business and not about the Veteran.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Outstanding
Industrial Electronic Controls Mechanic (huidige medewerker) –  Ann Arbor, MI5 december 2018
Excellent work/life balance. Like many jobs depends on department and management. Descend pay with regular pay raises. Opportunity to move within a government organization.
PAY AND VACATION
Minpunten
BENEFITS
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag