Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews

Alle 4.011 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Excellent Co-workers with Sabotaging and Toxic Leadership
VASH Senior Social Worker (huidige medewerker) –  West Los Angeles, CA17 juni 2018
I’ve been with the VA for five years and hoped to put in three more to retire with ten years of GS service. I don’t think I’ll make it. I’m starting to look for another job. The leadership is a revolving door. They hired a supervisor who came from out of the area and never did the job to direct those of us who’ve been her for years. There’s no real opportunity for advancement. I tried to take the supervisory role and they refused to pay me any more for the additional responsibility so I passed. They care little for the morale and welfare of the staff, and while they say they care about the veterans, if you advocate for them you get labeled a trouble-maker and subtly retaliated against. The latest thing is “metrics” where they track your “productivity” as measured by coding in the medical record. This does not allow for any clinical autonomy, best practice, and professional judgement - yet they want to hire only Licensed Clinical Social Workers in my position. Very demoralizing and counter-productive. And they wonder why they have so many vacancies and problems with retention?!
Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, Retirement Savings Plan
Minpunten
Demoralizing, Unsupportive Structure, Inadequate Resources for Staff and Veterans
need to change
Psychology Technician (huidige medewerker) –  NC16 juni 2018
they need to change and all you get is that is the way the VA is. to many people who think they are entitled and don't do their jobs. Supervisors do not listen to the people
Unhealthy culture of hostility
Radiology Technologist (huidige medewerker) –  East Orange, NJ16 juni 2018
First let me say working with the vets was always interesting. The problem with the VA is the culture of hostility that management practices. It’s seems that management is encouraged to harass its employees and create a fear based environment all the while being totally incompetent. The worst offenders being the radiology department directors . They are allowed to change your schedule, shift, days off and even location at will. If you are interested in working for the VA in the Radiology department beware and prepare yourself for ineffective management, no support and a severe work/home life imbalance!
Benefits and compensation
Minpunten
Extremely incompetent management and hostile work environment
Vsr life
Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO15 juni 2018
A typical day at work is the flexibility and village environment to reach goals regardless of the challenges involved. Managers ensure that employees have the tools required to accomplish daily tasks. Something different is learned on a daily basis which keeps the job alive and not stagnant. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to laugh and play when appropriate and a compressed schedule that feels like a mini vacation every week. The hardest part of the job is production and quality requirements from Congress that challenges the employee in a way that compromises work standards.
Pluspunten
Compressed schedule, flexible reporting time, benefits
Minpunten
Short lunches, upper management's disconnect to employees
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Greatest place to work
Legal Administrative Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Cleveland, OH14 juni 2018
I really cannot say enough about the VA, there are tons of advancement. Plenty of opportunities to learn. Very friendly coworkers and leadership staff. But best part is the pay!
Pay, Advancement, Flexability
Short Breaks, Vacation earnings
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Great place
STAFF ASSISTANT (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC14 juni 2018
Great place to work. I was there as a student intern. I enjoyed it do much didn't want to leave. I would love to be employed with them again. All the staff were nice and very helpful.
Work study
Work Study Coordinator / IT (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ13 juni 2018
I worked here as a work study, and I really loved it. I would work there in a heartbeat as an employee. This may be a bit biased, since I am a veteran myself. But there is a special atmosphere working here that I have not found anywhere else.
Fun place to work!
Claims Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  SeaTac, WA13 juni 2018
Typical day was logging into my work station and processing claims that were ready to be started. I learned a lot about the various programs the VA uses. There's literally dozens of them. Management changed approximately every 6 mos. The coaches (managers) as they're called get moved around to be more well rounded. I worked w/ mostly veterans but there were a few non veterans in the mix. There were pot lucks every Friday and the camaraderie among the group I worked with was outstanding. The hardest part of the job was updating all the systems that had to be updated once a claim was started. The most enjoyable was the people I worked with. Some I still remain friends with today.
Pluspunten
Great atmosphere, people always willing to help you!
Minpunten
The distance traveling to get there.
Company overview
Senior Contract Specialist (ADDX Corp) (voormalige medewerker) –  Alexnadria Va (Washington DC)13 juni 2018
Very good company to work for, however when contracts end there is no placement for new work or job placement for employees, if you do not work for headquarters
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Syracuse, NY13 juni 2018
Being an MSA, I got to work closely with nurses and doctors everyday as well as interact with veterans.The workplace was mostly relaxed and slow paced with plenty of down time, but could also get busy as a moments notice. I learned a lot about people and how to communicate with different kinds of people. I also perfected a lot of phone skills and communication skills through using the phone and taking messages. I was mostly satisfied with the management I had, as they were mostly pretty hands-off and let their staff kind of manage themselves but were there if we had questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections with the staff that I worked with on a daily basis and being able to help veterans.
Bedrijfscultuur
The Sps department not a nice place to work
Medical Supply Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA13 juni 2018
There 2 very difficult managers to work with. They have their favorites and of you are not one, life is a living nightmare. 2nd shift lead tech also had her favorites and will throw you under the bus for them. They hire the most unprofessional people and they are very rachett I got into firghrs almost every night. This is a review of the VA do a department in Philadelphia PA. I was hired to do a lead job but wasn't trained for it at all. So many people have left since I quit. Almost 7 in a 4 week period.
Some friendly people
Not so friendly
Bedrijfscultuur
Not too shabby of a workplace
Housekeeping Aid (voormalige medewerker) –  Lincoln, NE 6851612 juni 2018
I work as a housekeeping aide for the Department of Veterans as part of my job recovery for veterans. Overall it was the standard rigorous routine that I would find any type of government or military job.
Bedrijfscultuur
Very productive working environment - team play
Medical Reimbursement Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV 8912512 juni 2018
Having the opportunity to assisted our Men and Women who fought for our free truly was enjoyable events. I love every moment, being able to listen to their stories and help the Vet out with his insurance information need to process their medical coverage with the right carrier at the time of service.
Just be able to assisted the client/customer on with their medical coverage is best feel when you take care of the matter and Vet is at peace with the service I have provided regarding their individual medical coverage. (Doctor appointment, RX, X-Ray and Lab etc)
Pluspunten
Having a job that I enjoyed doing
Minpunten
good working environment, good management team and good working hours.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
it was fun
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK12 juni 2018
Learn a lot of skills. Enjoyed working with the soldiers and try to help them be independent. I enjoyed the staff and wonderful employees there. They are positive and helpful
Meeting soldiers
It was too far to drive
Purchasing
SUPPLY TECHNICIAN/PURCHASING AGENT (huidige medewerker) –  Leavenworth, KS12 juni 2018
Purchase items that are needed throughout the hospital. There are limits to spending and all files are kept to track orders and purchases. Can do walk through at local business for items.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Va
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Long Beach, CA 9080511 juni 2018
Any government position is a great place to work. I will joyed my time with the VA hospital. Family atmosphere! Some management need manager / employee skills as there is a lot of favoritism that upper management close their eyes too.
Pluspunten
Great hours, govt benefits, pay is ok but could be better
Minpunten
Management has favoritism, management lack employee/manager skills, pay could be b tree for cost of living ( locality pay)
Bedrijfscultuur
Great and rewarding place to work overall.
Program Support Assistant (Admin-Receptionist) (voormalige medewerker) –  Denver, CO11 juni 2018
Typical day: never dull. Sense of pride as you help vets and families to deal with their loss; sense of accomplishment every day. Great place to work; majority of good, knowledgeable, and hardworking coworkers. If you like structure and clear job descriptions, this is the place for you.
job security, steady
Not the highest salaries
Rewarding and Valued Employer
Senior Clinical Social Worker (huidige medewerker) –  Riverton, WY11 juni 2018
Relaxed, collaborative workplace; established work schedule without overtime or on-call duties; great benefits; privileged to work with veterans and their families.
no thanks
Health Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Aberdeen, SD11 juni 2018
I have limited time on this computer and now I neeed to fill in the rest just so I can moved on so this is another thing that makes them bad a;slkdjfsa;lkdjhfa
snacks
federal gov
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 2Rapporteren
Na
Medical Claims Data Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Austin, TX11 juni 2018
I had a great experience, I learned a lot, I would recommend getting on with the Federals rather than working through a temporary agency, they lack in many areas.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag