Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews

Alle 4.459 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Flexible and Collaborative Internship
Writing and Editing Intern (huidige medewerker) –  Gaithersburg, MD17 september 2018
I participated in a digital internship to develop web content for the Veteran Affair's blog. This included research, writing, graphic design, and editing. Very flexible as I could work from anywhere, and the platforms they used for staying in contact were manageable. Learned how to be in constant contact with other interns and supervisors. Culture of the workplace was generally relaxed and friendly. The hardest part of the job was getting the hang of the communication platforms, and the most enjoyable part is by far the ability to work remotely from anywhere.
Bedrijfscultuur
Production and Quality are very important factors
Data Entry Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Austin, TX17 september 2018
Must do a minimum of 150 claims per shift . It is easy to meet production when the claims are nice and neat and easy to ready , the leads are very nice people.
Relaxed work environment
Minpunten
Hard to meet production at times when the claims are messy
Great for job security
Advanced Medical Support Assistant-Registration (huidige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA17 september 2018
There is a lot to learn both from the employees and the veterans. Also it is a pleasure being able to provide services to veterans. The work culture is exciting.
Discounts
health benefits
Working for the Federal Government does not provide extra frills
Senior IRB Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Milwaukee, WI17 september 2018
The Department of VA is a great place to work if you are one for structure with less planning required to do your job. There is a standard within the research field that is followed by all VA facilities, therefore making work within certain guidelines an easier approach to accomplishing goals.
job security
short breaks
Veterans
Student Clinician (voormalige medewerker) –  Saint Albans, NY16 september 2018
I truly enjoyed my time spent at the VA. My entire life, I've known my true passion is to work with the United States Veterans. I was born into a military family, and take this population to heart.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Low moral
Personal (huidige medewerker) –  Personal16 september 2018
Poor management which affects the moral of the good employees. Advancement doesn’t happen unless you know someone and unless you get close to you supervisor, you may not get a good recommendation to move to another area.
End of shift
No management support
great work environment
Patient Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA14 september 2018
excellent job is the ideal job to jump start your career in Healthcare administration. very fast paced work environment and super competitive stations.
wonderful job
short breaks
Bedrijfscultuur
The work is wonderful, needs better management from mid-level up.
Supervisory Veterans Service Representataive (voormalige medewerker) –  Winston-Salem, NC13 september 2018
Mid to upper level management is mostly made up of non-prior military who do not understand the culture and problems of the customers they serve. The non-management workers are awesome.
Pay and leave, telework
Micro management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to start out.
Medical Supply Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX12 september 2018
Good Hospital, only needing my Doctors and Nurses. Training Hospital. Great system of running the SPD area. I got all of my training from the VA. Work together.
Holidays, Bonuses
Some bad Supervisors
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Unsatisfactory experience
Registered Respiratory Therapist (huidige medewerker) –  Syracuse, NY12 september 2018
Absolutely no communication. No opportunity for advancement. Employee grievances are not followed up on. Respiratory department is perpetually understaffed. No clerical support for outpatient clinics.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Lots of work
Motor Vehicle Operator (huidige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX 7822912 september 2018
There is no shortage of the amount of work that needs to be done. The VA runs as best it can but it is not enough. If you plan on coasting by, you are gonna have a bad time. As a worker it would be nice if they hired more people more often.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Medical Support Assistant
Medical Support Assistant-Mental Health Nursing (huidige medewerker) –  Menlo Park, CA12 september 2018
The job is fine until you have maxed out your pay grade; then no matter how long you have been around no matter how OUTSTANDING you did your job no one wants you to advance because they want you at a level of expert to teach others around you. The only ones promoted are those that seem sniff under the supervisors and throw the hard working ones under the bus. After a while it gets old because you are not appreciated; instead the duties are piled on with a "I know you are capable attitude". More work but never more money. Just working those that work hard even harder but not helping with their cost of living that clearly effects the temperature and turn over rate of the position.
Pluspunten
Electronic Payroll Deduction, Set schedules, TSP and Annual Leave generation depending on your tenure.
Minpunten
Micro-Managing, Llack of boundaries in communication i.e. professional use of your personal phone
good benefits
Telehealth Clinical Technician (huidige medewerker) –  Fort Walton Beach, FL 3254711 september 2018
poor management. makes it hard to service the veterans. typical work schedule 8 to 4 Mon - Fri. Hardest part of the of working there was lack of good management.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
i enjoy being an employee of the VA
RN Case Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Iron Mountain, MI11 september 2018
Working for the VA is a very rewarding career for me. I enjoy serving our veterans on a daily basis. I feel that the VA is a great organization and they strive to meet the needs of our vets.
Pluspunten
i get to work remotely most of the time
Minpunten
workload is tough at times
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Outstanding community environment
Federal Police Officer (voormalige medewerker) –  Waco, TX11 september 2018
My role was in making sure employees and veterans were safe, at all times. I enjoyed the teamwork at the Waco campus. Veterans were put first and always.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 2Rapporteren
Best job ever
Program Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC10 september 2018
Everyone I worked with on my team cared about improving healthcare for Veterans. We encountered some local staff who had a hard time adjusting to new national policies
Dept of Veterans Affair
Housekeeping II (voormalige medewerker) –  Talihina, OK9 september 2018
The job overall was easy going. I didn't mind working there. Just didn't get along with the director who didn't like opinionated personal. It was close to home.
Close to home
Advacement, and management
Depending on your service
Security Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Nashville, TN 372128 september 2018
Depending on your service you may have good supervisors and good co-workers. At the Department of Veteran Affairs they hire Leads as like a buffer, sometime you get a good Lead and sometimes you don't. Again depending on your department.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Greatness
Motor Vehicle Operator (huidige medewerker) –  Holyoke, MA8 september 2018
Great benefits, good time off. Employees are great and Veterans are amazing . Just work hard and help the veterans and their needs. The pay is not the best but it’s a solid job and helping others that sacrificed themselves for us is very rewarding
Noooooo!!
Supervisor Police Officer (huidige medewerker) –  Baltimore, MD 212018 september 2018
Do not work at the Baltimore VA if you value your mental health. This is one of the worst and most underpaid FED agency's out there, besides DOD. Management does not take care of there people.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag