Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews

Alle 3.904 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Leadership
Peer Support Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA18 mei 2018
Loving the interaction I get to have with our nations Veterans is what has kept me working with the VA. The issue I have found when working with here is that often times leadership sees veterans as numbers and not as individuals who are struggling following military service. The staff is overworked and underappreciated by leadership as well. The veterans and my peers is what keeps me here.
Bedrijfscultuur
ok and the people get along as employee, work well concerning patient care services.
Diagnostic Radiology Technologist (huidige medewerker) –  Asheville, NC18 mei 2018
I love my job, and the ability to work for veterans being one myself. Department environment has favored civilians over military service men & women, based on selections and age.
Pluspunten
security, military culture of work ethics, and culcure
Good job
Home Loan Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ18 mei 2018
Plenty of opportunity and flexibility. Plenty of chances to transfer to other locations and positions. lots of vacation, sick leave, and holiday pay. Retirement is good.
m-f
location
Vamc
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Decatur, GA18 mei 2018
I plead the fifth. Nothing to say one way or the other. Go to work do your job and mind your business and go home. Show up on time. Don't misuse government time. It is a wonderful company to work for.
Bedrijfscultuur
Serving Veteren's is highly rewarding - they are our heroes.
Psychiatric Physician Assistant Department (voormalige medewerker) –  Tulsa, OK18 mei 2018
Work is exceptionally rewarding; however, poor senior management continues to erode the effectiveness of the VA in serving our patients.
Senior management's vulnerability to political correctness and aversion to criticism, has historically undermined the authority of middle managers. As a result, risk takers are systematically driven from the VA, resulting in a vacuum of management talent.
Rewarding Mission
Minpunten
Unnecessary obstacles created by ineffective management.
Great working environment
Supervisory Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Martinsburg, WV17 mei 2018
Coordinating daily with the medical/mental health staff was enjoyable. It is wonderful to work with a group of people who care about the health and welfare of our veteran population. Kudos to the working staff in Martinsburg, WV VAMC!
Bedrijfscultuur
Job has value and meaning
Federal Police Officer (huidige medewerker) –  Martinez, CA17 mei 2018
Largest federal entity next to the Department of Defense. Work place revolves around the care and welfare of military veterans. work place can be frustrating but will leave you a feeling of pride and meaning.
Health benifits
Long work hours
Working at the Veterans Affairs
Housekeeper (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL17 mei 2018
Expectations were not met. The environment is a special kind that I was not use to. As a government employee for the past 18 years I was expecting more opportunities to move up or into different fields.
Minpunten
Promotions, merits, opportunity to succeed.
Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA17 mei 2018
I like the way that I was trained at the job, due to knowing how to do the properly. I will make about 70 calls do different insurance companies, to make sure bills was closed out at the end of the month. The management was straight forward, about what the work consisted of. When you first start the job, and not sure if you will get the right training. I like to make a different, and I like how the management complement me on my job performance.
Great team to work with
Minpunten
Not enough time for lunch
low pay-high expectations
HEALTH TECHNICIAN (voormalige medewerker) –  Mather, CA17 mei 2018
I worked her because I love my vets but there is little room for advancement, not much support and the pay is extremely lower than other facilities. the pay should be comparable.
tiring
Veteran Services Representative, GS (huidige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA16 mei 2018
hard to keep your focus on the Veteran when management is stressing production and numbers all the time, but do not provide enough sustainable work to keep you in the black or even green. no chance of even thinking of getting an award..because those only belong to the management folks.
Staff shortages
Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Montrose, NY16 mei 2018
Opportunity to meet highly qualified professionals. Work load could be stressful. There is a strong commitment to support Veterans, however, at times services were compromised with staffing issues, over compensating for patients and the lack of consequences for negative behaviors.
Overall, the Veterans are provided with a broad range of services to assist them with medical and social problems. However, there is a culture in the VA that, at times, creates dependency and unrealistic experiences regarding successful outcomes of treatment.
Excellent compensation
Supervision and professional development
Medical Support Assistant
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Northport, NY16 mei 2018
A typical day at work is helping eligible veterans register for healthcare. Answering phone calls, Setting up transfers from other hospitals. The hardest part of the job was the volume of work. The best part of the job was helping veterans. Great management.
Helping veterans
volume of work
Please be careful
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Elsmere, DE 1980516 mei 2018
Sneaky and horrible, do not care about the Veteran on management level.Place blame on others for their apathy. It may seem like a great opportunity at first but mishandling of Veterans, not utilizing medical personnel to their fullest potential and out and out childish behavior.
Benefits, work with Veterans
Management, Apathy, Disconnect, Cognitive Dissonance
Great Rtirement Job
Pharmacy Customer Care Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Waco, TX16 mei 2018
This job or should I say Career because eventually that's what you'll want to turn it in to is a great place to work as long as you understand all the policies and procedures within the company then you'll do great.
Na
Health Care Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Chattanooga, TN15 mei 2018
Set up veniipucture chair to collect specimens in. Get company ready for accession and other work. Get the list ready to check off patients as they come in for there lab appointment
State Job
Food Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA15 mei 2018
Could be fun, you need to work with HR and follow their instructions. The supervisors are sometimes stubborn and difficult to work with, they don't like change.
State Job
difficult supervisors
fun and learning
Volunteer(Health Benefits and Enrollment Section) (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA15 mei 2018
It's a respect full place all the workers are nice, they will teach you a lot about computers and how to do a lot of stuff you don't know you answer phone
work/life balance
Minpunten
short breaks, far to home
VA Employment Review
Claims Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  SeaTac, WA15 mei 2018
Nothing outside of what was previously noted in my overall rating of the Veterans Administration. .....which covered job work, comp, job security, mgmt. and job culture.
great
Veteran Student Rep (voormalige medewerker) –  Roanoke, VA15 mei 2018
I worked helping vets and dependents with financial aid at vwcc. this was not a full time job just work study on campus at vwcc in the vets office. my
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag