Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews

4.661 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 4.663 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Do Not Recommend
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA20 november 2018
I am only leaving one star because it will not allow me to leave none at all. I do not recommend any VA hospital. I blame the government and their lack of concern for the Veterans and their employees.
Could be better
Lead Veterans Claim Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA20 november 2018
There is a lack of opportunity for advancement and training
Poor hiring practices
Lack of leadership
Lack of diversity
Patriarchal leadership
Fairly low stress
Bedrijfscultuur
Pharmacy Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Riley, KS19 november 2018
My year working with the VA was stressful for me. Many of the Vets are hard to work with due to the medications they were on or their age. A lot of computer skill are or were needed for this job.
Good place
Level 1 Helpdesk Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT19 november 2018
Nice Place but the contracting supervisor caused the contract to end due to his conduct.

Nice place but the company lost the contract and threw 500 techs out. It wasn't the fault of the VA
stressfull place to work
VCE (voormalige medewerker) –  Muskogee, OK17 november 2018
Was there for eight months. Initial training was conducted by persons who new little or nothing about how to train. Evaluations system was more about production than quality.
Bedrijfscultuur
I have really enjoyed working at the VA. Serving the veterans is best part of the job.
Social Worker (huidige medewerker) –  Arkansas17 november 2018
This has been the best professional job that I have had. I feel very supported by management and I am given the flexibility and autonomy to apply my skills in the workplace.The job can get stressful at times but what job isn't. I have no problems with the culture as my colleagues work well as a team. The hardest part of the job is hearing the devastating details of traumatic experiences that many of the veterans experienced throughout their lives. I have a deeper appreciation for the sacrifices that they made for this country. Waking up to provide a valuable service to those who have served is a true honor.
valuable work duties
fixed schedule no flexibility
Patient care
Medical Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Saint Petersburg, FL17 november 2018
Offered stability but not enough staffing. Not enough opportunity to advance. Poor staffing and no breaks can lead to discruntal employees and poor communication
Pluspunten
able to balance work n family
Minpunten
Low pay difficult to advance
Bedrijfscultuur
I enjoy working with fellow veterans
Program Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Dayton, OH 4542817 november 2018
I enjoy going to work and making a difference in peoples lives. Hearing the stories other veterans tell can at times be heart breaking other times wonderful.
Gossip
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  California17 november 2018
A typical day at the VA is gossip. They spend more time gossiping than working. Some of them are rude to the Veterans. I have learned to go to work do my job and move on. They have a group who all stick together and if they don't like you none of them do and they try to make you miserable because they are miserable within themselves. They love to stir up rumors and make you the center of attraction I find it hilarious because they are so concerned about you that they cant keep your name out of their mouth makes you feel real special. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the veterans and doing what ever it takes to make them feel comfortable and special because after all they are special if it wasn't for them we wouldn't be here. The focus here is the veteran and what the VA needs to do is get rid of the trouble makers but they won't they even have some of the management in the groups along for the ride. It is a joke but the whole purpose of working there is for the VETS not the office politics!!!!
Helping the Vets
GOSSIP
Steady job
Environmental Protection Assistant- GS (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX 7703016 november 2018
Good place to work with good benefits. Slow advance ment. Staffing not up to standard. In need of new leadership. A lot of work to do with little equipment and personal.
Fargo ND Department of Veterans Affair
Travel Voucher Examiner- Business Office (voormalige medewerker) –  Fargo, ND15 november 2018
I really enjoyed my career at the VA. Our management changed in Fargo ND and the professionalism became unprofessional. Resigned 7/2014. When I first started there was so much potential climbing the ladder just not at the Fargo ND.
Working for the Veterans
New management unhealthy
Satisfying helping the Veterans
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Santa Rosa, CA15 november 2018
I loved contracting within the Medical Health Department assisting several medical doctors.
I had asked upon my re-hire full time permanent employee position to be placed back in the Mental Health Department.
They put me working within phone bank rotating me back and forth at the front desk scheduling whole clinic departments appointments
Greeting and registering patient walk-ins

I resigned felt it was not a good fit for me with not having the option to go back into the mental health department.
Working with the Veterans
Minpunten
lack of communication with management and being disrespected by supervisor
Overall A Great Place To Work
File/Scan Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Salisbury, NC15 november 2018
A Rewarding place to work (professional); communicating with Veterans from various campaigns. Veterans, Staff, Vendors greets you with a smile, this says much about the culture, the hardest part if there is one; would be not having enough specialty services when the need occurs.
Working with Veterans
poor environment
Administrative Officer for Nurse Executive (voormalige medewerker) –  El Paso, TX15 november 2018
The worst place I have ever worked. When they fired my boss my time was over/ The supervisors were unfair and continually changing assignments. Problems with patients ere never addressed as staff more concerned about there jobs and benefits then the veterans Very unprofessional
hours
everything else, horrible
Applicable Skillsets
Legal Administrative Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Cleveland, OH14 november 2018
Legal Administrative Specialist
competitive environment
develop critical skill sets
steep learning curve, but extremely repetitive
great benefits, advancement, and security
Amazing place to work
Contact Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Denver, CO13 november 2018
If not for having to complete school and meeting those demands, I would have really stayed with the VA and I am certain I would have grown within that department. Awesome experience.
The department of VA
Program Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Washington, DC13 november 2018
The Department of VA is a entry level federal entity that gives those that seek a federal career a fair chance of progression and career enhancement.
Pluspunten
Great benefits and entry pay
Minpunten
Very Structured and slow to advance if you do not become proactive in your own career.
IT Specialist
Specialist / Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC13 november 2018
I retired after 20 years on the job and found it a rewarding experience where the work provided has a direct impact on the mission of helping veterans. The work at the VA as an IT person can be challenging and at times frustrating but no different than any high paced technical job. I found my co-workers and subordinates hard working and dedicated to the quality of work they provided. The pay was good especially for the geographic area I lived in. and the VA provided good retirement and insurance. I would recommend anyone who is seeking a career in IT to consider the VA. You may make more in the private sector but you will not find a more important mission.
Pluspunten
Good retirement, good insurance, and good pay.
Minpunten
Slow to provide advancement opportunities. Lack of cutting edge training.
Bedrijfscultuur
Excelente experiencia de residencia en Farmacia.
Pharmacy Practice Residency (voormalige medewerker) –  San Juan, PR13 november 2018
Durante esta residencia de Farmacia tuve la oportunidad de recibir conocimiento y experiencias enriquecedoras que me han permitido continuar mi labor en el ámbito de Farmacia.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Martinez, CA13 november 2018
Good place to work. Great benefits. Thrift Savings plan with 1-1 matching. FSA pre-tax. Sick and vacation times and COLA benefits. Management works well with their employees.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag