Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews

Alle 4.201 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
A Pure Bureaucracy
Senior Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Augusta, ME15 augustus 2018
Little value is placed on input from employees. And national leadership tends to place unrealistic standards on day-to-day productivity with no regard for varying difficulty of individual tasks on a case-by-case basis.
Pluspunten
Good pay and great benefits.
A sweatshop environment.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and a nice place to work for the most part
Unit Clerk/ Ward Secretary (voormalige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX15 augustus 2018
I did my clinicals for my schooling as a Ward Secretary/Unit Clerk at the Department of Veterans Affairs. I visited all the Wards and Units and was told to take the next examine given to get hired for the V.A. Medical Center, I did, pasted the examine and hired on soon after. Everyday I would go to work, sit in on the nurses briefings and then have open heart surgeries or exploratory Laps, Very sick people, we got these patients right from Operating Room. I got to learn and do more then I was trained for during my schooling. The nurses were very nice fun people to work with. I respected them and they in return respected me. I enjoyed my job and the place I worked in and was very sad to leave there when the time came. I would go back in a heart beat if I could. I would work very long hours sometimes 12 a day five or six days a week.
Pluspunten
U learn alot more at a teaching hospital, nice medical insurance
the VA Medical Centers were very big places with a lot of professionals
Dept of Veteran Affairs
Housekeeping Aid Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Kansas City, MO14 augustus 2018
Working for the VA is a blessing. If you are a veteran you can get in the door fairly easily. Working at the VA and helping veterans is a way that you can continue to serve your country.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good job to have for retierement purposes
Medical Technician Phlebotomist Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Durham, NC14 augustus 2018
I am Medical Tech at the laboratory, I love the fast pace environment, and helping the fellows brother and sister as I am a veteran myself. I would recommend people to join the team of the Veterans Affairs Administration.
Veterans Affairs
Administrative Officer of the Day (voormalige medewerker) –  Milwaukee, WI 5329514 augustus 2018
Working for the Veteran's Affairs was on of the best jobs that I have ever had. I was able to spend my days helping the woman and men who fought/served our country.
Challenging, fast paced environment
Registered nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Augusta, ME 0433013 augustus 2018
Typical Day may include, but is not limited to:
*checking-in patients including VS, medications, chief complaint, & health reminders.
*Follow up with 3-4 patients on HTN, DM, Med. changes with education provided
*Assessment of walk-in patients & fielding to appropriate care
*Telephone triage and follow-ups care
*Chaperoning portions of physical exams
*Sorting paperwork from outside providers for physicians
* Follow up on tests and results from outside providers

I learned to multitask, organize and prioritize my time.
Most enjoyable was working with the veterns.
Great co-workers
Always short staffed
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
If this is your dream job-run
Program Analyst, GS (huidige medewerker) –  West Haven, CT13 augustus 2018
Management hired is poorly trained. Workplace culture is one that very few care and would rather follow and hire family members. Inspections reveal massive broken management.
Pluspunten
Helping Veterans who look to us to fix them
Bedrijfscultuur
Wish it was better for veterans
Prosthetics Clerk - volunteer (huidige medewerker) –  Augusta, GA12 augustus 2018
Most employees are not motivated or using systems that make difficult to accomplish task in a quick manner. There are some managers that belittle their employees and others that do not show appreciation for their employees. Overall, veterans are great but there are times that they have had enough of poor quality service that they can get irate.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun workplace!
Supervisory Program Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA11 augustus 2018
Excellence place to work. Challenging work atmosphere with great associates to work with. Management cares about all the employees and encourages growth and opportunity for all.
Great benefits.
Can't think of any.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
VA experience
Senior Solaris Administrator (huidige medewerker) –  Austin, TX11 augustus 2018
My days were always busy because I made it that way..Offering my help to others on a regular basis. Working from home now 4 days a week. One day in the office
Working for the government
contracts cutting salaries 40%
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Worse place to work, like going back in time
Regulatory Specialist II (voormalige medewerker) –  Portland Oregon11 augustus 2018
Work load was unfairly distributed, processes were duplicated. When others had no work they played on their devices, never asking if they could assist anyone. Co-workers would run to the boss and make statements about your work and the boss would believe them without asking the employee who was being accused. Boss would only come out of her office to make tea, would have quarterly meetings and the same safety subject was talked about each time. Group refused any suggestions from upper management to use lean sigma to look at a better way to work. Others in offices would lock their doors most of the day.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 2Rapporteren
Excellent Professional Growth Opportunity
Operations Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Durham, NC11 augustus 2018
This employer is completely dedicated to enhancing the employee's experience in the work environment. Professional development and personal growth is completely supported in the mission statement and core values. Serving the veterans of this wonderful country is considered an honor and a primary path to making sure this happens at the highest level of confidence is to ensure the employees are happy, healthy and honored to be at work. This is not a place to go to get a paycheck, this is a work place designed to improve the lives of those that work there as well as the lives of those that are served there.
Pluspunten
Every conceivable employment benefit is available
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
Happy to volunteer
Volunteer (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbus, OH10 augustus 2018
Volunteering has been excellent experience that was not only rewarding, but worthwhile. Assisting both past and present veterans has been great as they share their experience of service.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
No chance of advancement
Federal Police Officer (voormalige medewerker) –  Eugene, OR10 augustus 2018
No chance of advancing, terrible starting pay. Working alongside and for veterans was wonderful but the overall culture of the department was very lazy.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
What I have learned
Registered Respiratory Therapist (huidige medewerker) –  Fayetteville, NC9 augustus 2018
Learn a new application or service weekly. The VA is a great learning environment for persons wanting to learn more about health management. It is the largest integrated health service provider.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
my opinion
Housekeeping aide (voormalige medewerker) –  Temple, TX9 augustus 2018
being a veteran I liked the fact of helping other veterans. Making friends and learning more things on a daily basis was enlightening. Pursing higher advancement was a challenge I did conquer,
advancement
Dedication to the team.
Volunteer Work (voormalige medewerker) –  Loma Linda, CA9 augustus 2018
When you serve and they serve it's dedication to the team that keeps you coming back and no amount of pay our benefits will equal the reward of working with the Man and women who have served.
Giving back to our Veterans
Not getting back enough.
Out dated
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Long Beach, Calif8 augustus 2018
As a caregiver for a tetraplegic I was only paid for bowel and bladder care. A caregiver is only paid when patient is home. There is no pay, otherwise, which causes most caregivers to leave.
The process of confirming hours worked was antiquated. It would be slightly more efficient if those hours could be posted online.
Pluspunten
Working with the wonderful staff at the SCI Department.
Pay issues - delays
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Veterans Crisis Line can be a blessing and a curse
Health Science Specialist/Responder (huidige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA8 augustus 2018
I have worked at the VCL in Atlanta for almost 2 years. As a responder, the position pays great and benefits are great as well. You also get to help the veterans when they are experiencing crises. However, the schedules are tough as you sacrifice a lot in regards to work/life balance. Working weekends has become draining and now management and the union are at a standstill for us to solicit for new schedules to help relieve those who have worked every weekend for a while now. The wellness program is lacking and compassion fatigue is setting in. Working here can be a blessing, but eventually, you may become burnt out over time.
Pluspunten
Being able to help veterans, pay, benefits
Minpunten
No wellness, no work/life balance
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Amsa
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Newington, CT8 augustus 2018
Traveled 150 miles round trip 5 days a week for three weeks for training. The traffic to West Haven was beyond bearable; same coming back. Got up at 4, left at 5 to arrive at 8. Trainers rollled in around 9, if at all. Then they would chat, get coffee, do everything except train. One nurse even showed us videos of her kid coming out of anethsethia, and told us all about her personal life life, including her online dating history. Then on to a 90 minute lunch, more bs, and then get sent home early, instead of at 4pm. Then a 3-4 hour drive home in rush hour traffic. The computer system is beyond comprehension. Open five pages on each of two screens. A second system has to be up as a backup, but goes down if not used frequently. Trying to take 60 calls per shift, everything from suicide calls, directions, general info, and booking appointments for both hospitals and all clinics throughout the state. Each clinic has different rules for booking, Each MD has different rules.Got to the job totally untrained, had a mentor who was either absent or grumpy, and on top of this, we were timed. As a veteran and a taxpayer, I find this disgusting and unacceptable.
Pluspunten
Pay, benefits and opportunity to assist veterans.
Minpunten
No training, no oversite of trainers, obsolete computer system.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag