Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews

Alle 3.601 reviews worden getoond
Na
Contracting Officer (huidige medewerker) –  Greenwood Village, CO16 februari 2018
Challenging job with a great mission. Always learning something new and developing new acquisition strategies. Great team atmosphere that includes multiple team building events every year.
Great Environment
Medical Support Assistant - Contract (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL16 februari 2018
I enjoyed my time at the Department of Veteran Affairs. I was treated very well as an employee and it was wonderful to be able to work for the Veterans.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great Department to work for.
Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC16 februari 2018
I had a wonderful time working for the Dept. of Vet Affairs. I went to the VA after a promotion with the National Institutes of Health. If afforded the opportunity, I'd go back in a heart beat.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive work environment, intellectually challenging, enjoyed working with professional colleagues and being part of a team.
Full Time, 40+ hrs/wk (voormalige medewerker) –  Boston, MA15 februari 2018
I enjoyed working at the VA and treating the patients with substance abuse issues and PTSD. I valued being part of multidisciplinary teams and supervising interns. I found it very rewarding to work with the disenfranchised patients who devoted so much to our country. I had many opportunities to engage in many professional responsibilities that only added to my growth as a psychologist, including evaluations for patients seeking service connected disabilities. There were many opportunities to be involved in professional conferences and presentations. The VA had many research interests and the richness of conversation and opportunities for learning were unending.
Pluspunten
Diverse clinical opportunities; professional development; opportunities for clinical growth
Minpunten
My expertise was clinical, this particular VA was more research oriented; career advancement for me was limited.
Excellent place to work
Graduate Intern (huidige medewerker) –  Pensacola, FL15 februari 2018
I have nothing negative to say about working for the VA. We have so many veterans returning home from deployment in need of services, and not enough employees to meet the demand.
Government work environment
Program Specialist GS9 (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA15 februari 2018
A fast paced work environment. You will be required to work outside of your job description. Veterans will receive preference points once a DD214 is submitted.
Food Service Worker
Food Service Worker (huidige medewerker) –  Durham, NC14 februari 2018
The management is not the best for communication. I learned how to intermingle with all different people. The most enjoyable part of the job is lunch and close of day.
Bedrijfscultuur
VA was the on site location, where I worked as a Contractor for another company
Records Management Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC14 februari 2018
Typical day at VA was busy, stressful, very unorganized, always a backlog of documents and projects/assignments that were not completed or unfinished until a later date. Deadlines not met. Managers made too many changes. Lots of work, but no systematic process for completion. HR Department had (2) Directors within a year in a half time. Learned different strategies about archived records management, HR staffing and classification; Onboarding and Orientations for veterans and new hires. Contractors sat in a designated area with negative comments regarding their employment status. There was nothing hard about the job, just their procedures of not completing and finishing task assigned was hard for me and my work ethics and style. My supervisor had never managed before and her style was hard on everybody due to her numerous personalities, adjusting and patience was always needed to maintain, strive and be successful in your position. My enjoyment working there was I never lost focus of who I was and how I did my daily assignments. I also enjoyed working as a team player but mostly independently as much as possible. Also we could come to work on flex-time, so I enjoyed coming in on the early shift. Our initial Contracting company was good.
Pluspunten
There were occassional brunches, lunches and parties which the contractors were invited or ask to attend afterwards
workplace culture
Human Resources Assistant/GS (huidige medewerker) –  Hampton, VA14 februari 2018
Nice place to work, not too much to tell. I've only been here 6 months. They hire often, especially for veterans. They take care of veterans, so look out for job postings on usajobs.
two breaks, 1/2 hour lunch
nice people
Okay place to work
IT SPECIALIST GS (huidige medewerker) –  San Francisco, CA 9412113 februari 2018
Management: Leaves a lot to be desired.
Workplace culture: fast-paced and laid back.
Hardest part of the job: not having the tools necessary.
Most enjoyable part of the job: serving those who serve veterans.
Good pay and benefits
Minpunten
Constant state of flux and poor leadership
Bedrijfscultuur
Too much waste of time and no responsibility
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (voormalige medewerker) –  Dayton, OH13 februari 2018
Too many lifetime employees who know how to milk the system. Management will not correct employees because they will run to the union and complain. As long as you come to work and fill a seat you can do whatever you like all day long. Some of the clinics were up to three years behind with no reason to be. Witnessed staff yelling, cursing and being vulgar in front of patients on a daily basis. I was so disappointed with my coworkers behavior and the lack of accountability. Our Veterans deserve better!!
Working with Veterans
No accountability
Typical day at work
Service Desk Technician (huidige medewerker) –  North Riverside, IL13 februari 2018
Call center environment, High Security due to working with sensitive information. Management was good, willing to help out if there was a question or issue during Phone calls via Skype for business chat rooms. Casual/business casual attire. The hardest part is the repetitive nature of day to day activity. The most enjoyable part is you are helping support the mission of the VA with troubleshooting medical care equipment via phone or email.
Healthcare
Resigned, under duress
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Colorado Springs, CO12 februari 2018
Chronically flawed management practices and policies that don't serve the employee or veteran. Attempts to address any issues within supervisory/management chain always ended in futility and frustration.
Benefits, job security
Minpunten
Frustration of working with grossly dysfunctional management/leadership
Bedrijfscultuur
Felt good about being able to help veterans
Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Winston-Salem, NC12 februari 2018
My job was to review the veteran's file and based on the medical evidence of record rate the veterans disabilities. As a rating specialist I was on production and quality. I learned to navigate through different software applications and that flexibility was required due to the changes in regulations, which was the hardest part of the job. Regulations changes were frequent and trying to keep up was at times difficult. The most enjoyable part was knowing you were helping the veterans and the people I worked with.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Stressful
Financial Accounts Technician (huidige medewerker) –  Smyrna, TN12 februari 2018
I love the va but do not love this location due to the productivity environment and inept leadership. The management is only concerned about numbers & money and the workers are undervalued.
fufilling
HUMAN RESOURCE PROGRAM SUPPORT ASSISTANT (voormalige medewerker) –  North Little Rock, AR12 februari 2018
I loved helping the Veterans. I had a great group of people on my team. with the right motivation and attitude you could really advance quickly. very competitive and at times hostile.
rewarding service
difficult situations
Work Study Program
Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Fredericksburg, VA12 februari 2018
Great people and environment. I was hoping that this would be a door opener for a position in Veteran Affairs, however I quickly learned that federal employment is not as easy to seems to get into.
Just don't do it
Staff RN - Care Coordination (voormalige medewerker) –  Memphis, TN10 februari 2018
Toxic culture, many of the managers are crooked and it is very political they do what ever it takes for them to bonus without regard to veterans or human life.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good place to work but stressful
Medical Administrative Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Columbia, SC10 februari 2018
Overall love the job but experience challenges with management at times . Great experience with VA and love serving the Veterabs and their families. A good company to work for and learn a lot .
Making new friends
Supply Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  East Orange, NJ10 februari 2018
I enjoy working at the VA I met a lot of wonderful people and who has since became friends. I am a veteran so I felt right at home with other veterans
Learning new skills