Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews

4.704 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 4.705 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work if you're an RN, LPN, forget it
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (huidige medewerker) –  Prescott, AZ7 december 2018
Love the work, the Veterans but have yet to see a raise in 10 years or more. Leadership will lie about giving a raise and the salary surveys that were suppose to have been done. Total lack of respect for the LPNs yet we are worked just as hard as the RN's. Nurse Practitioners, PA's and Police are all in the same boat. They preach respect yet give none.
Pluspunten
The people we serve, benefits we can pay for
disrespect
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
Maffia setting
Veteran Transportation Dispatcher (voormalige medewerker) –  Hot Springs, SD6 december 2018
If you are not in and you rock the boat you are out. Small VAMC like this are very hard on people. Most people are all about business and not about the Veteran.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Outstanding
Industrial Electronic Controls Mechanic (huidige medewerker) –  Ann Arbor, MI5 december 2018
Excellent work/life balance. Like many jobs depends on department and management. Descend pay with regular pay raises. Opportunity to move within a government organization.
PAY AND VACATION
Minpunten
BENEFITS
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Call Center - Sweat shop
Call Center Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Cherry Creek East, CO5 december 2018
The call center at the VA is the equivalent of a Sweat Shop. The salaries are pretty low and we probably work the hardest in the whole building. It is sort of a jail center. You need to be tied to your desk every minute of your day They say you start at a certain time but you need to be there 10 minutes before the time because they expect you to be on the phones 5 minutes after you arrive. Setting up your desk, opening your computer could take longer and yet you have to start 5 minutes after your start time. You don't have time to breath! Yet,you are being checked every minute of the day and reprimanded if you arrive 1 minute after your break or start time. They talk about serving the Veterans but we are people too and we are treated like jail mates. It is pretty disgraceful and unpleasant to work there.
Minpunten
Terrible way of treating employees
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Productive work place
Executive Secretary to Chief (voormalige medewerker) –  East Orange, NJ3 december 2018
Serving veterans showing appreciation for their service
unlimited learning and paid education
great management
diverse work place
bureaucracy of work flow.
all Holidays off
Occasion free lunch-job security
Stressful at times.
Amsa
AMSA (Primary Care Department) (huidige medewerker) –  Parma, OH2 december 2018
The best part of the work week is serving the veterans, however the paperwork can become tedious at times and without the help of everyday phone operators at Parma it makes our job that much more stressful.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Review
Veterans Resource Aide - Work Study (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL2 december 2018
Overall. Good place to excel from true professionals. Management can be accomplished through listening to your peers as a person and share ideas to support team goals.
its the VA
Program Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Washington, DC1 december 2018
It has its days, you do have a bunch of pp that are over paid that do not do anything ( Thats the federal gov tho) the new secertay is making some good changes
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 2Rapporteren
the most enjoyable part
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Milwaukee, WI 5329530 november 2018
working with the veterans and their families and seeing the smiles on their faces when you can help them solve the problems they are having with their benefits
Volunteer
Volunteer/Unemployed (huidige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV30 november 2018
Great time volunteering, love the people and atmosphere. I really enjoy helping others as I too had problems navigating around new facilities, clinics and hospital.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
I had fun working side by side with my fellow workers. We worked very well together
Nursing Assistant Certified (voormalige medewerker) –  Pittsburgh, PA. and Durham NC30 november 2018
I think as my 13 1/2 years at the Va the hospice floor was the best. I loved my patients no matter they were mean or nice because you never knew what they were feeling and what they were going through.
Pluspunten
We had none of that, maybe a treat from a family member every now and then
Very productive
Clerical Assistant II (voormalige medewerker) –  Vallejo, CA28 november 2018
I came in Volunteering as a Clerical Receptionist at the Dental Clinic and I was there for 5 years in hopes of getting hired. They never hired me. Although I enjoyed working there and everyone was wonderful to work with. It was a great experience.
Pluspunten
Free lunches, great meetings, and a lot of fun!
Irate patients
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
slow paced
Grant and Per Diem Liaison/ Social Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  El Paso, TX28 november 2018
Culture was one of lack of support for the employees and the client had to navigate a cumbersome system to obtain needed services. Great benefits opportunity for advancement.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Va
Chief Compliance Officer (huidige medewerker) –  United States27 november 2018
The VA provides quality care for veterans of the armed services. The people that work for the VA are committed to providing the best care with the resources available.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 3Rapporteren
Very good place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO27 november 2018
Very good place to work. You have to performed the job requirements. Excellent pay! Great benefits! You can schedule your own time off and schedule around your selected weekends to work.
Pluspunten
Its a very good place for ecellent pat and benefits
Minpunten
Management needs to explain more about the work place is set as a military environment
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Politics are more important than productivity
Program Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Austin, TX27 november 2018
A lot of supervisors base their evaluations on how much they like you instead of how much you're producing. It's become more of a popularity contest than an honest objective review of the work you've done.

They also tell you it's okay to telework but you seemingly get penalized if you do it too much because they "haven't seen your face" in a while. Being physically present for a meeting is significantly more important to leadership than your contributions to the team/project. And, while they allow fully virtual (100% remote) employees, they give them little to no opportunity to advance.
Flexible schedule, good benefits
Minpunten
Not all positions are union, favoritism, negative attitude towards telework
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Very dysfunctional place,low moral amongst staff
Pharmacy Technician Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC26 november 2018
Non-qualified techs
staff being promised jobs that were not available
Micromanagement from leadership and backbiting
Techs not wanting to work their shifts
Pluspunten
The staff had some good work ethics but were trainable.
Minpunten
Poor leadership, back biting and lack of training
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Medical Claims Voucher Examiner-General Contra (voormalige medewerker) –  Waco Texas26 november 2018
Great place to work. Small business in waco, bigger in Austin. Able to make great friends. Work does change time to time. There is a lot of training due to so many changes
Work changes a lot
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Great place to work. Fulfilling working for our nations' Veterans
Veterans Law Judge (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC23 november 2018
great place to work. Great mentoring program and plenty of autonomy. The hardest part of the job the enormous amount of work, which I was able to handle. A typical day involved interaction with the attorney staff and management, and the review of cases brought to VA by Veterans. I conducted hearings with Veterans and their attorneys, and reviewed draft decisions submitted by attorneys for my signature. I also mentored countless attorneys in my 20 years with the Department.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
Great Place to Learn
Volunteer U.S. Department (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC 2042223 november 2018
The Veterans Administration Hospital is a great place to learn and help our military personnel. A great teaching hospital to learn about medicine. It was my honor to help.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag