Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews

4.024 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 4.025 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Syracuse, NY13 juni 2018
Being an MSA, I got to work closely with nurses and doctors everyday as well as interact with veterans.The workplace was mostly relaxed and slow paced with plenty of down time, but could also get busy as a moments notice. I learned a lot about people and how to communicate with different kinds of people. I also perfected a lot of phone skills and communication skills through using the phone and taking messages. I was mostly satisfied with the management I had, as they were mostly pretty hands-off and let their staff kind of manage themselves but were there if we had questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections with the staff that I worked with on a daily basis and being able to help veterans.
Bedrijfscultuur
The Sps department not a nice place to work
Medical Supply Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA13 juni 2018
There 2 very difficult managers to work with. They have their favorites and of you are not one, life is a living nightmare. 2nd shift lead tech also had her favorites and will throw you under the bus for them. They hire the most unprofessional people and they are very rachett I got into firghrs almost every night. This is a review of the VA do a department in Philadelphia PA. I was hired to do a lead job but wasn't trained for it at all. So many people have left since I quit. Almost 7 in a 4 week period.
Some friendly people
Not so friendly
Fun work place
Voucher Examiner (huidige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL12 juni 2018
I enjoy working with the people at my station. I really enjoy working in the Dental department. Helping with the veterans getting dental care is very rewarding.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Very Productive
Veteran Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO12 juni 2018
A good career base job. Very productive and you get to meet many and all types of people. Love working with veterans. Had a chance to learn how the system works.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Not too shabby of a workplace
Housekeeping Aid (voormalige medewerker) –  Lincoln, NE 6851612 juni 2018
I work as a housekeeping aide for the Department of Veterans as part of my job recovery for veterans. Overall it was the standard rigorous routine that I would find any type of government or military job.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Very productive working environment - team play
Medical Reimbursement Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV 8912512 juni 2018
Having the opportunity to assisted our Men and Women who fought for our free truly was enjoyable events. I love every moment, being able to listen to their stories and help the Vet out with his insurance information need to process their medical coverage with the right carrier at the time of service.
Just be able to assisted the client/customer on with their medical coverage is best feel when you take care of the matter and Vet is at peace with the service I have provided regarding their individual medical coverage. (Doctor appointment, RX, X-Ray and Lab etc)
Pluspunten
Having a job that I enjoyed doing
Minpunten
good working environment, good management team and good working hours.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
it was fun
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK12 juni 2018
Learn a lot of skills. Enjoyed working with the soldiers and try to help them be independent. I enjoyed the staff and wonderful employees there. They are positive and helpful
Meeting soldiers
It was too far to drive
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Purchasing
SUPPLY TECHNICIAN/PURCHASING AGENT (huidige medewerker) –  Leavenworth, KS12 juni 2018
Purchase items that are needed throughout the hospital. There are limits to spending and all files are kept to track orders and purchases. Can do walk through at local business for items.
Va
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Long Beach, CA 9080511 juni 2018
Any government position is a great place to work. I will joyed my time with the VA hospital. Family atmosphere! Some management need manager / employee skills as there is a lot of favoritism that upper management close their eyes too.
Pluspunten
Great hours, govt benefits, pay is ok but could be better
Minpunten
Management has favoritism, management lack employee/manager skills, pay could be b tree for cost of living ( locality pay)
Bedrijfscultuur
Great and rewarding place to work overall.
Program Support Assistant (Admin-Receptionist) (voormalige medewerker) –  Denver, CO11 juni 2018
Typical day: never dull. Sense of pride as you help vets and families to deal with their loss; sense of accomplishment every day. Great place to work; majority of good, knowledgeable, and hardworking coworkers. If you like structure and clear job descriptions, this is the place for you.
job security, steady
Not the highest salaries
Rewarding and Valued Employer
Senior Clinical Social Worker (huidige medewerker) –  Riverton, WY11 juni 2018
Relaxed, collaborative workplace; established work schedule without overtime or on-call duties; great benefits; privileged to work with veterans and their families.
no thanks
Health Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Aberdeen, SD11 juni 2018
I have limited time on this computer and now I neeed to fill in the rest just so I can moved on so this is another thing that makes them bad a;slkdjfsa;lkdjhfa
snacks
federal gov
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 4Rapporteren
Na
Medical Claims Data Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Austin, TX11 juni 2018
I had a great experience, I learned a lot, I would recommend getting on with the Federals rather than working through a temporary agency, they lack in many areas.
N/a
Administrative Employee (huidige medewerker) –  Pittsburgh, PA11 juni 2018
Good pay and benefits. Can be stressful at times. Learning a lot here, but the culture has changed from when I started here. Promotion is based on who you know rather than on the skills one has to make them best qualified for the position.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great co workers high streess level
Social Work (voormalige medewerker) –  Danbury, CT10 juni 2018
great co-workers intense field and clientele, high burn out rates due to level of stress. Your co workers are excellent and dedicated to the veterans they serve.
great benefits
high stress
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Great mission and benefits
Federal Recovery Coordinator/Consultant (huidige medewerker) –  McGuire VAMC10 juni 2018
Working with Veterans is a great mission and I am able to make a difference every day working with Active Duty service members and Veterans. The VA does amazing things every day in the care of our Veterans.
working with Veterans
Addiction Therapist
Addiction Therapist (huidige medewerker) –  Bonham, TX10 juni 2018
Worked with Veterans and performed groups and individual sessions. Along with some case management duties. Making sure they got what they need. Completed screenings to be admitted in the program.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
good work environment
Veterans Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Saint Paul, MN9 juni 2018
Great place to work, job is mostly sitting and working on a computer. Good benefits and good pay for the work you are required to do. Mainly veterans that work in the office, and laid back atmosphere for the work you are completing.
good retirement plan.
lots of sitting
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 2Rapporteren
review
Dell Contractor (voormalige medewerker) –  Chillicothe, OH9 juni 2018
I was a contractor there to replace old computers with new ones. When the contract was up I left. How long does this review have to be before I can move to the next section?
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Summary
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Nashville TN8 juni 2018
A typical day working for the Department of Veterans Affairs is fairly fast paced. The management staff is competent and help out when they are needed. The job is rewarding and enjoyable as long as you remember why you are here. Which is to help veterans receive the best of care, and stay committed to that goal.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag