Department of Veterans Affairs

Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews

Alle 3.381 reviews worden getoond
Career Advancement
Program Support Assistant OA (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX28 november 2017
When you work at VA, you will have a comfortable salary, career opportunities, comprehensive benefits and great work/life balance, just like the private sector. The opportunity to serve Veterans
Serving others
No complaints
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent place to build your career
Medical Laboratory Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  West Haven, CT 0651627 november 2017
The pace can become overwhelming at times. Overall, The V.A. is a good Hospital to build a career and advance to a Supervisory level. Building relationships and networking is paramount to moving ahead.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Poor pay/benefits
PACT RN (huidige medewerker) –  California27 november 2017
Poor management, bad compensation, loved helping our nation's hero's. Short staffed for nurses, management doesnt care how much work you do as long as you get it done. No overtime paid
Good time off
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Competitive and Professional
Housekeeping Aide (huidige medewerker) –  Baltimore, MD27 november 2017
can be easy can be hard can be dangerous, very Professional atmosphere.
lunch breaks are nice the cafeteria area is nice and clean and I like shopping at the on campus PX
Pluspunten
bonuse work incentives end of the year
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great benefits but not much room to grow as a nurse
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (huidige medewerker) –  Cape Coral, FL27 november 2017
It is a fast paced job. Unfortunately not all VA facilities are the same, some are better than others in regards to helping you with furthering your education and advancing in your career.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Stressful
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Northport, NY27 november 2017
As a Veteran, I was able to assist those in need. It was a very positive position for Veterans to be able to return back to society and live a well balanced life.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
This was not the type of work environment I would recommend to anyone
Housekeeping Aide (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA27 november 2017
I would come in approx. 2:12pm,then go to the ladies locker room to put on my uniform if I did'nt already have it on and put away my personal effects. I would then stop by the Housekeeping office to sign in and pick up the keys for my assigned area, which for me was the Emergency Room practically the entire time I worked at the Decatur Hospital. I would then prepare the cleaning cart I would be using throughout my shift. I would then proceed to assess the bathrooms in the Emergency room area to determine if they needed attention.
I learned the people basically the same wherever you go.They will usually go along with the consensus of the majority. The Management in my area usually wanted to take the path of least resistance as in my case since I did not make trouble, or constantly complain, I was practically ignored, even when I would occasionally bring to their attention problems that I encountered. The hardest part of my job was working alone. I was never offered assistance even though the job assignments and work load was obviously overwhelming. I can not honestly say that there was an enjoyable part of my job. I felt harassed for reasons I believe were for personal standards I have that werre obvious and of which I would not violate for any perks or favors I would receive in return.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Volunteer
Volunteer (huidige medewerker) –  Menlo Park, CA27 november 2017
Volunteering and assisting fellow veterans with their issues is extremely rewarding. There are challenges that come along with helping others but there's always another vet there to help.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 2Rapporteren
Poor Work Environment
Accountant II/III (voormalige medewerker) –  Largo, FL27 november 2017
Strong "friend and buddy" system drove day to day interaction with managers and supervisors.
Rampant favoritism - regardless of work quality and output.
Skewed reports produced to show favored employee work volume.
Interviews were conducted after new employee selection.
Inexpensive Healthcare Insurance
Highly Political/Buddy System - High Resistance to Improvement
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun place to work
Advanced Medical Support Assistant GS (huidige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA27 november 2017
A very humbling experience working with the homeless veterans. Being able to assist someone freshly off the street and watch them transform in front of your eyes and translation back into society really warms the heart.
Paid days off
Short staffed
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Love working at the VA.
Administrative Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX27 november 2017
Absolutely loved working at the VA. I really do miss it. Had to quit because I moved to another state. I want to go back for a job. I will see whats available soon.
Great benefits
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Promises unfulfilled
Customer Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT 8415827 november 2017
Worked me in higher than grade level duties then denied promotion. As the song goes..they’ll use you, yes and abuse you, they’ll take your soul if you let them, oh but don’t you let them!
Favoritism, nepotism, discrimination, unethical behavior.... i started out intensely committed to helping veterans and now see that the very agency whose mission it is to help them treats civilian employees who have integrity with disdain. There are exceptions as i know employees in other divisions who are treated well. If you work there beware and watch your back.
Pluspunten
Good benefits and good internship program
Minpunten
Management will throw you under the bus to get their bonuses
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
goo job
Surgical Service Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL26 november 2017
Teh VA is a great place to work. Job security is great but financiali stilpulations can make it difficult to get work done. Alot of staff have been emplohyed for a long time and do not work.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 5Rapporteren
Poor
HST (huidige medewerker) –  Minneapolis, MN26 november 2017
typical day at work would be fine.
i have not learned anything knew.
management was horrible it was a mess thing where all over the place nothing goes well.
the hardest part of work was no team work. no one listened to one another. you are on your own there.
the hardest part of the job was they didnt care about the slacker people if you worked your hardest and did one thing wrong they would get on you but if someone who slacks off didnt get anything from making the same mistake.
the most enjoyable part is making the residents feel like they where people.
pays well
horrible management
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Lots of promises that don't happen
Vascular Technologist (huidige medewerker) –  Seattle25 november 2017
Hired as contract, 10 years later still not converted to a permanent position. Nice working environment however no job security. Management is terrible at present time.
No call
Lots of red tape
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
great
Chief Operations Officer (voormalige medewerker) –  Olympia, WA25 november 2017
A wonderful mission and great place to work. Pay is an issue but benefits and other incentives make it worth while. A great mission and mostly great people.
Bedrijfscultuur
Stressful place to work because of bad LIS & short staffing.
Medical Technologist (huidige medewerker) –  Washington, DC25 november 2017
Stressful place to work because of bad LIS & short staffing. Retirement and health benefits are excellent but behind on salary adjustment. Some older workers have bad attitudes which adds to the stress for newbies.
Excellent place to work
IT Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Muskogee, OK 7440124 november 2017
Very fair and excellent benefits - awesome and caring management - pay is in line with similar jobs outside of the Federal Government - decent opportunities for advancement
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Scary leadership team at the very top
Social Worker (huidige medewerker) –  Wichita, KS23 november 2017
Most providers care about veterans and try to do an excellent job. The leaders at the top locally are horrible and scary people who lie and sabotage staff objectives to elevate certain people to higher pay levels. This impacts veteran care on many levels but they ignore service needs and bully staff who question the ethical nature of actions taken. Middle management turnover is ridiculously high. If you have a good supervisor it can be a buffer and manageable. Love for providing care for veterans helps me stay in my position but it's hard to observe the dis function. I worry about being terminated for being ethical and not going along with things that challenge me morally and ethically.
Pluspunten
Working with veterans, pay scale, great training opportunities
Minpunten
Stress, poor leadership, poor planning, poor communication
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
I would go back in a heart beat
Medical Lab Technician/Lead Phlebotomist (voormalige medewerker) –  Oakland, CA22 november 2017
I worked the typical 8 to 5 lifestyle with no weekends do to being at a outpatient clinic. and all national holidays plus veterans day were observed and PTO. great benefits package and of course veterans preference applies here. I loved working for the VA. I only left because I had to relocate.
the hiring process can take anywhere from 3 to 6+ months