Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews

Alle 4.121 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Fast paced
Specialty LPN (voormalige medewerker) –  Rockford, IL11 juli 2018
The Vets are awesome to work with. Coworkers awesome. Management played favoritism. I quit because of the whole atmosphere. It’s not a positive place to work.
Schedule
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work people are kind and hardworking
Federal Liaison (huidige medewerker) –  Miami, FL10 juli 2018
To great place to work the staff there are very friendly and hard working. You learn a lot about mental house physical health and holistic treatments
Sick days 30 minute lunches
Minpunten
You're working hard for the veterans
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
I enjoyed working at the WBVAMC
Licensed Practical Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA10 juli 2018
I enjoyed my job at the WBVAMC but unfortunately I was going to school full time and there is no opportunity to work part time at this facility. Due to this I had to resign as a PACT LPN and find a job outside of the VA to work part time or per diem to further my career.
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Leeds, MA10 juli 2018
Steady pace of work lots of friendly people. Great benefits. enjoyed the patients and most staff. steady pay raises and cost of living increase. overall a great place to work.
benifits
a few bad managers
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Great experince
Federal Work Study Student (voormalige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX10 juli 2018
The job was a good experience. I was able to learn about the inner workings of this large agency. Its a good place to work. Its a get in where fit in organization.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
This was a very stressful environment due to poor management
Team Coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL10 juli 2018
I had to self train myself into my position cause there was no one available to train me. This was a very dysfunctional environment that I wish to leave behind.
great benefits
poor management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Stressful
Transportation Assistant (Beneficial Travel) (voormalige medewerker) –  Hampton, VA10 juli 2018
There was to much work for the amount of personnel we had to do it. There was no consideration for the job we did and the pay does not equal to the work that was expected .
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Pro Active Service
Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Newark, NJ and Manhattan NY9 juli 2018
I enjoy the many tasks I performed at VA. From customer service to outreach of homeless Veterans. Worked as Homeless Veterans Coordinator, Benefits Counselor, Veteran Service Representative, Fiduciary Inspector. The hardest part is telling a Veteran that he/she was not qualified for benefits.
helping inform Veterans and Veterans families of benefits
denying Veteran services
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Family Like
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Sacramento, CA9 juli 2018
I've worked in four different place in the course of five years. I have gained the trust and lifelong friendships with many that i have worked side by side with. There is a family culture in each place i have worked, co workers are awesome we support each other. I love working here, just wish there was more of advancement here that would allow me to utilize my skills on a regular basis.The hardest think i have endured is working under a supervisor that doesn't have the skills needed to direct the staff in a positive directions, using her "weight" to pull the unit assistants against one another just to be next inline for a promotion. I enjoy my interactions with even the most hardcore Veteran, before it's all over i am one of there favorite people. I have enjoyed the work the people and the opportunity. i am ready to utilize my medical assistant skill set to further my growth and become more of an asset.
stable employment
Staff Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Biloxi, MS9 juli 2018
Benefits were great. Management could use an upgrade. all in all had a wonderful experience helping the nations veterans. I wouldn't trade the experience.
benefits, stability
management
Great coworkers.
Claims Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  SeaTac, WA9 juli 2018
Our section was close knit and willing to pitch in and do what ever it took to help the Veteran receive their benefits.This could include everything from data input to shipping or receiving. There was no typical day, different every day. Learned shipping and receiving skills. Management was typical, guidelines always changing. Workplace culture was doing what ever it took to do the job. Hardest part of job was keeping up with all of the changes to guidelines and procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to count on your coworker for anything.
Family atmosphere
Minpunten
Stressful, standards always changing.
Bedrijfscultuur
fast paced, multi task job
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Aurora, IL8 juli 2018
very fast paced, multi task job. The best part of this job is helping the veterans, the worst part is not getting acknowledged by upper management when you go above and beyond your job duties.
Bedrijfscultuur
Go at your own pace, meaningful job.
Emergency Services Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA8 juli 2018
My title while it didn't say I was a volunteer, I was. I worked under a full-time employee who would send me out to do a job then once I finished the job, I would return. He didn't watch me over my shoulder as usually he was on a different area of the hospital than me. Some times I would be lost on what to do so my efficiency wasn't the greatest due to a lack of direction a lot of the time, but fellow employees were very helpful in showing me what to do or how to do it.
Free lunches
I really enjoyed working at the Department of Veterans Affairs
Intake Specialist/Claims Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OH7 juli 2018
Working at the Department of Veterans affairs, I enjoyed interacting with the military members on their disability claims, scheduling their appointments with the doctor to complete their claims. Assistant with mailing their medical records to our scanning site, to make sure that their medical records information gets uploaded in the system
review
Assistant Chief, Veterans Affairs Canteen Services (huidige medewerker) –  Washington, DC7 juli 2018
Positive environment and the stories that the veterans tell you are ones that you will never forget. It makes you appreciate them even more and understanding of what they experienced.
education
short break, growth
Bedrijfscultuur
Manager has knowledge regarding VA but management is zero. Employees cone to work alwYs late
Office Tech / Veteran Claim Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA 900247 juli 2018
One employee is really a professional liar that Manager was aware of her lies. Employees abuse their time by coming to work really late more when the Manager is not around
Pluspunten
Just benefits but it is not enough cuz health insurance is really unsffordable
Minpunten
Employees come late regularly and professional liars
Bedrijfscultuur
To many changes with no one really knowing what is going on. Lack of proper training
Medical support asdistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV6 juli 2018
Low morale, Toxic leadership, no communication. Not a good work life balance get paid time of but most of the time when you request leave it is denied
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
To much micro managment
good place
Housekeeping Aid (huidige medewerker) –  Salem, VA6 juli 2018
Nice place to work, Taking care of the VA facility by doing general cleaning, buffing, stripping floors, waxing, vacuuming patient areas and administration areas.
Bedrijfscultuur
Efficiant and productive workplace environment
Work Study Student (huidige medewerker) –  Oak Harbor, WA6 juli 2018
Very laid back and easy place to work. Allowed me to learn about the needs of the elderly and their families, and how my community lacks the resources that are sometimes needed for those who come in looking for assistance. Helping veterans and their families have been a wonderful experience and I've learned that every person has their own set of problems and no two people are the same. The hardest part of this job was not being able to help individuals who needed help because we lacked volunteer drivers to take them to Seattle for their appointments. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting so many Veterans and getting to hear about their life stories and personal experiences. Management made working here enjoyable. I was able to not only help those in need, but when there was nothing to do I was also able to work on my own homework which helped me to keep my grades up.
Great communication among co-workers
no office window
workplace culture
Workers Compensation Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL6 juli 2018
The VA is an amazing workplace to be in. The VA has a diversity in cultures employed at their facilities.Veterans and families are welcome and serve with dignity and respect. Overall, the VA is a great agency to be working for.
Job security
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag