Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews

Alle 4.582 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Fellow employees largely devoted to VA mission.
Inventory Management Specialist GS-9 (voormalige medewerker) –  Tucson, AZ4 oktober 2018
Procedures to cumbersome, audits too often picky and irrelevant.
Would have stayed if return to my family in Arizona wasn't paramount. Was able help other/extended family while in Massachusetts.
Bedrijfscultuur
Data Architect/Data Modeler (huidige medewerker) –  Washington, DC4 oktober 2018
Enjoyed time spent working for the Department of Veteran Affairs. The work culture could be tremendously improved. Some employees are not qualified for the positions they hold and demonstrate poor attitudes towards the patients they serve
good environment
Minpunten
difficult to move up due to politic
Bedrijfscultuur
Customer Service and heavy foot trafiic
Medical Equipment Technician (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX4 oktober 2018
So, Cant give too much away because my job is unique here at the VA. But daily have to work with other professionals such as administrators, doctors and therapist and assist them with helping the veteran do what he needs to do live a better healthier life.
Pluspunten
Sense of accomplishment, canteen shopping
Parking
Good Government Agency to Work For
Facilities Management - Engineering Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Denver, CO3 oktober 2018
This was a great company to work for. Middle Management was weak and relied on employees to do most of the work but over all great work place. Working in a Hospital environment with Veterans is a rewarding job.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Housekeeping
House Keeping Department (voormalige medewerker) –  White City, OR3 oktober 2018
While stationed at the VA, I trained to be a housekeeping aid to maintain the building in a safe and sanitary way for my fellow veterans and the clinical staff.
Bedrijfscultuur
Lack of work ethics by co workers.
Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX3 oktober 2018
I worked as nurse ,helping veteran was so rewarding to me and was my # 1 priority. The increase workload Due to coworkers refusing to working as a team. The environment became toxic. They would go to lunch early, shop on internet ,call in ,leave work early, refuse to see pt . I would c/o ,.but they lied and made me seem like the bad person. My work productivity was outstanding compared to co workers . Job became a good ole boy system . So I retire due to stress related work environment.
Pluspunten
Benefits, enjoy helping the veterans
Minpunten
Job environment extremely stress.Due coworkers lack of work ethics.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
a very serious working enviroment
Volunteer (voormalige medewerker) –  Temple, TX2 oktober 2018
the department of veteran affairs is not the job that lets you play around. they are strictly business so that the veterans have the best possible experience when they go to the doctors.
free lunch
slow
I loved workinig there.
Medical Reimbursement Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Smyrna, TN2 oktober 2018
work included communicating with medical insurance companies, pharmacy companies, utilization review nurses, revenue folks, veterans.
I learned that, with regards to medical insurance, it is IMPERATIVE to have a correct understanding of Coordination of Benefits, especially for those with Medicare and other insurances.
workplace culture was diverse, and respectful.
the hardest part of the job was keeping track of all the passwords I had for the many, many websites.
I enjoyed every moment of my job. I really enjoyed working with my veterans.
great place to work
Great work environment
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL2 oktober 2018
After 35 years I retired from an excellent job where I had excellent opportunities to move up the career ladder and did so. I retired in April 2017 after over 30 years with this company
Collaboration
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Do NOT work for the VA !!
Medical Laboratory Technologist (voormalige medewerker) –  Tennessee2 oktober 2018
35 years experience in my job. 20 as VETERAN myself. The work culture at the VA is horrendous to say the least. Frontline Managers are the so-called "low performers" there. They have no leadership training at all. Managers do NOT follow or set the standard for the VA's CORE VALUES ! They actually are counter to the values we Veterans are taught when we were in the Military ! The culture allows for workers with extreme political views to spout them off freely with no consequences. Many there have no respect for Veterans ! No Joke ! I am embarrassed to say I even worked for the Veterans Administration.
Pay and Benefits
Horrendous Work Culture, No Respect from Front line Supervisors
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Dependable and goes above and beyond
Administration Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL1 oktober 2018
A typical day at work begins with checking and responding to priority e-mails. Then, I would discuss with my supervisor the agenda for the day or week. Management was strict yet fair. This help provide a particular standard in the work environment that provided a diligent work habit and proper customer service in house and toward patrons. I enjoyed my time at the VA outpatient clinic. The most enjoyable part for me was to provide services for veterans with information to help with their transition from active duty to civilian. The hardest part of the job was at the end of the day because I would set up my desk for the next day, which could be overwhelming, which depends on the day. What I learned was compassion for the veterans that requires service whether as a patient or to smooth transition to become civilian.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
No comment
Program Support Assistant (GS-6) (huidige medewerker) –  Eagan, MN1 oktober 2018
I do not want to submit a review. Government is a good place to work but there was no room to advance in the VA or federal government while I was employed with them.
retirement
Minpunten
hard to move into a better job
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
good
Public Health Intern and volunteer (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY1 oktober 2018
learn a lot from them. Workplace culture is perfect!
• Provided care support to the epidemiology department
• Assisted RN staff in discharging patients in need of social services
Bedrijfscultuur
No work-life balance no promotion punitive management
Emergency Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Regional29 september 2018
The VA does not follow it's mission to care for the Veterans. The leadership have often been toxic, and those who try and make true positive change are pushed out.
healthcare
everything else
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Productive and Compensations offerred
Computer Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Tuskegee, AL28 september 2018
The last jobs at the VA (Central Alabama Veterans Health Care) consisted of working at the two main campuses, Tuskegee and Montgomery as well as the three CBOCs. Main duties included but not limited too are uploading and testing the computer software related to the Clinical Settings as related to the Computerized Patient Record. Resolved issues as related to the users and the input of information in the computer. Worked with users on a daily basis on hardware issues as well. Resolved help desk tickets relating to all of the clinical support software groups. 15 years out of 30 years in this position. The main objective of my job was to make sure that information implemented in the patient's record was not entered incorrectly.
Good Working environment and benefits
Minpunten
Not all employees were dedicated to their jobs
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7Nee 3Rapporteren
Unhealthy wokring environment
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Pittsburgh, PA27 september 2018
Great job security and benefits, however no one is happy working there and that created an unhealthy working environment. Advancement is easy once you get in. I'm sure each hospital is different though and I wouldn't rule them all to be the same
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8Nee 1Rapporteren
Department of Veterans Affairs
Contact Representative First Party (huidige medewerker) –  Topeka, KS26 september 2018
I help on a typical day Veterans with billing issues and making payments. They are always thankful for my service and the knowledge I have attained through this job. Management is good they try with all the moving parts in this organization to keep us moving upward and onwards to serve our nations Veterans. Everybody here works well with one another and has a true passion for Veterans. The hardest part for me is taking Death of a Veteran calls especially recent deaths. I have always tried to support Veterans in a way that honors their service to our country. My most enjoyable part is just helping Veterans without regards to time or adherence to any standards.
Pluspunten
Great pay and benefits for a job i like to do every day.
Minpunten
When dealing with peoples money they get irate sometimes..
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 4Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Everything was chaotic due to lack of organization.
ADVANCED MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ26 september 2018
Teams don't collaborate. There is not enough time during the workday to get all of your work done due to people constantly pulling you for other tasks.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
Average Place to work
Management Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX 7822926 september 2018
Overall a decent place to work, but the last service I worked in within the VA had problems in leadership to me. The training programs were not developed for the new position I entered which caused problems with daily assignments.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Helping Veterans was my pride and joy
Veteran Affairs Work Study (voormalige medewerker) –  Mooresville, NC26 september 2018
I loved and enjoyed every second of this job. As a veteran I enjoyed to the fullest helping Vets get there benefits. Nothing ever bad to say. Getting the right documents from the veterans and getting them approved by the VA for a chance of a career after the military.
Help others, Great environment
Nothing bad to say
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9Nee 3Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag