Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews

Alle 3.381 reviews worden getoond
Nice place to work
Medical Supply Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX22 november 2017
the hardest part of my job was there was nothing to hard about my job. My typical day at work was most of the time fast pace. Management was okay they could of used more experience.
nice
Financial Accountant /Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV22 november 2017
Great place to work. Great Benefits. Very Flexible once you get you time in. Telework available depending upon job description. Paid Vacations are awarded every pay every two weeks.
Bedrijfscultuur
Do not work an "internship"
Veterans Services Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Detroit, MI22 november 2017
If your time is limited, have a backup plan. There was no advancement. The internship was not really an internship. People were hired to clean up the government's backlog and then "let go."
Very Fast Pace
Warehouse Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Fayetteville, AR22 november 2017
A normal day would consist of receiving medical supplies from ups and fedex from 9-12 and distributing it through out the hospital and other VA's from 1-4.Iv learned how to work at a fast pace and how to do my job efficient on a timely manner and make certain deadlines.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a good job to have but got replaced by veterans
Cemetery Caretaker (voormalige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX21 november 2017
It was a honor to work for the government and to give back in a way to the fallen soldiers and veterans this job made me a better person and gained a lot of experience .
Bedrijfscultuur
Busy and very active place to work
Facility Revenue Technician (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL21 november 2017
Very diverse place to work. Never a dull moment. If you are one of the lucky ones you get to hear some interesting stories of some of our war heroes.
Wear Blue Jeans on Pay Day Friday's
No Dental Ins
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
No longer employed at the VA
Senior Contract Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO20 november 2017
Due to being in the field of Contracting, there was never a typical day at work. I learned that it's not what you know but who you know in the Agency which determines how successful you are/can be. My supervisor was inexperienced, unprofessional and lacked leadership which made for a very stressful environment.
Teleworking, health benefits, pay
Minpunten
Lack of leadership, high turnover
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
productive place to work
dishwasher (voormalige medewerker) –  Coatesville, PA20 november 2017
working at the va was the best productive job I had.. the work place culture was awesome. the hardest part of the job is that it is very fast paced...
Great place to work.
Field Examiner (huidige medewerker) –  Baltimore, MD20 november 2017
If you are looking to serve veterans and their families this is the place for you. A lot of telecommuting opportunities and flexible work schedules with the place.
Bedrijfscultuur
I want to find something that is full time not contract.
Tier 1 Tech Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Shepherdstown, WV19 november 2017
Working at the VA as a contract employee has been a learning experience but unfortunately getting hired on as a regular employee has been a bit more difficult than I would have liked.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Metric focused managers without leadership ability
Veterans Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Lincoln, NE18 november 2017
The Veterans' Benefit Administration is a organization that treats frontline employees as disposable. They frequently expect workers to make production quotas with computer systems that don't work. They don't allow "exempted time" or time off production due to the failing computer systems. Additionally, the quota system prevents employees from working collaboratively. When you can't make either production or quality standards you are "allowed" 60 days to get back on standard (without training) or you're fired. Haven't mentioned it yet but it takes around two years to become proficient if you last that long and as a bonus the rules change weekly. The manual that tells you the rules is down about 1/3 of the time.
Pluspunten
Your manager will leave you alone until you're on the verge of being fired.
Minpunten
Everyone at the worker level hates the job and they turn over about 30% of the work force each year.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Nice
Volunteer (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA18 november 2017
Our Mission: To foster camaraderie among United States veterans of overseas conflicts. To serve our veterans, the military and our communities. To advocate on behalf of all veterans.

Our Vision: Ensure that veterans are respected for their service, always receive their earned entitlements, and are recognized for the sacrifices they and their loved ones have made on behalf of this great country.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Veterans Representative, Loan Service Representative, Rating Specialis
Veterans Benefits Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Nashville, TN18 november 2017
Veterans representative. Filed claims and advised veterans on eligibility. Loan Service Representative. Worked as intermediary between mortgage companies and delinquent home owners. Rating specialist evaluated veteran's disability.
Security
Stressful
Productive workplace and Important Mission
Administrative Officer (huidige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ18 november 2017
Good job, rewarding mission - Serving Veterans! solid overall benefits. with career advancement opportunities. In some instances you may have to transfer to another location to find the right opportunity/job. Be flexible.
Important Mission - Serving Veterans
Minpunten
Can be a stressful mission - Serving Veterans depends on scope of responsibility
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
no accountability, played favorites, discrimination, bullying
Medical (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA18 november 2017
I worked for the VA for a long time. in my first several years it was a very pleasant and relaxed place to work. ideas where well-received and morale was seemingly high.There was a lot of camaraderie between employees and the veterans were so pleasant to work with.
In the last few years from 2013 to 2016 I saw so many changes. On the surface, the VA was pretending to try to improve things by providing culture of Excellence training and pretending to put the veteran first. In reality it's the hard working employees who put them first. In the big picture managers were bullies (often even to employees who are veterans), had several discrimination cases, and all the way up to the top nobody ever put a stop to it even when they were very well aware of harassment & retaliation. It was demoralizing. several long-time employees retired earlier than planned or left just to escape the toxic environment. Those who stay know but stand by in silence or believe management's brainwashing.
Pluspunten
Paid holidays, veteran population, accrued time off, pension plan
Minpunten
Employees bullied into silence, low morale, horrible managers
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
working with Amercan Heros
Recreation Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Northport, NY17 november 2017
Love working with the Veterans. Been on every unit in the medical center. Liked doing that gave me a wide range of experience. Due to the nature of the job is that you work nights and weekends
working with American Heros
Minpunten
Lack of consistency with management
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4Nee 2Rapporteren
Productive and Educational
Medical Records Technician (huidige medewerker) –  Martinsburg, WV16 november 2017
Typical day includes completing workload assigned and providing customer service to co-workers. I enjoyed communicating with employee. I enjoy providing customer service to veterans who have served our country.
Great work enviroment
Limited work space
Great opportunities
Office Administrative Clerk - Veteran Work Study (voormalige medewerker) –  Belleville, IL16 november 2017
Working with the Department of Veterans Affairs allows one the opportunity to become involved in many aspects of helping veterans,
It is a great opportunity typically with job security. It is a professional and secure environment. Great opportunity to meet and work with an abundance of different social and ethinic backgrounds
same as before
Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Milwaukee, WI 5321416 november 2017
same as the last review. Not recommended too much hostility and ulterior motives between teams and individual employees. Not veteran centric but veterans and their dependents are our primary customers.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Fun place to work
Clinical Social Work Intern, Mental Health (huidige medewerker) –  Hampton, VA16 november 2017
It was a good experience and a fun place to work. I got to meet different people and listen to their ideas and help them get what they needed to succeed.
Fun ativities