Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews

Alle 4.478 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Government Contractor, not a VA Employee
SENIOR BENEFITS ADVISOR (huidige medewerker) –  Fort Belvoir, VA24 augustus 2018
I am a Contract Employee for Department of Veterans Affairs and NOT a Federal Employee.

VA is not very hire-friendly for my skillset even though I am well versed and experienced is a myriad of VA Benefits provided to Veterans and their beneficiaries as they transition from the military into the civilian sector.
Bedrijfscultuur
This is a continued learning workspace.
Information Security Support Technician - Intern (huidige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO24 augustus 2018
On a normal day I would enter my office then sign into my computer. After signed in I read through various emails and check the ticketing system Service Now. Service Now provides an interface between employees with hardware and software issues and IT technical support staff. I also would have a number of other task as such reimaging laptops and desktops. Maintaining property management and control list. I have learned different ways of troubleshooting, installation and removal of hardware and software. My management is great because they requested for me to stay longer then my original contract. The workplace has a friendly environment although it can become stressful when a new update is added to the network.
The hardest part of the job is remembering all of the methods for solutions. This is my I always take notes. My most enjoyable part of the job is learning so much and working with great people.
Good Doctors and staff; Clean environment
Patient Transporter/Monitor (voormalige medewerker) –  Lyons, NJ24 augustus 2018
I really don't have too much to say, but I feel that a veteran doesn't find employment before their 6 month comprehensive work therapy job ends they she be granted a extension. I don't think it's fair for some Veterans to work way over six months and others weren't given the opportunity to earn extra money.
Pluspunten
Many workshops about healthy living
Minpunten
no extensions for temp comprehensive work therapy
no review
Nursing Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL23 augustus 2018
It has been 10 years since I worked at the VA nursing home. I worked as a certified nursing assistant before I completed nursing school. Providing service to those who had served was a great experience. The work was tough and we often worked short staffed, but at the end of the day, it was a rewarding experience.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Great Job
Medical Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Richmond, VA23 augustus 2018
The department of veterans affairs is a great place to work and has a lot of room for growth as long as you put in the time and effort to grow. They have great benefits and are always willing to mentor when the opportunity presents it self. The hardest part of this job is due to not enough staff in certain departments it is hard to be able to get put in to training classes for growth, but they work very hard to get you in to them when they can, The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the vets and helping them in there mission to better health.
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department (huidige medewerker) –  Martinsburg, WV 2540523 augustus 2018
Excellent place to work and serve our Veterans. Many educational offerings, flexible and compressed shifts available, self-scheduling, on-site child care.
its okay
Supervisory Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Chattanooga, TN 3741122 augustus 2018
the red tape can be extremely frustrating. Inefficient processes. Redundant work in multiple applications. Managers are not held accountable for maltreatment of their employees.
Job security
Minpunten
managers can be unethical and unfair. Not reprimanded for actions.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Great
Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Marion, VA22 augustus 2018
Did work study at the medical center was a great opportunity and learning experience. Great management, that helped me get in touch with IT department so I can learn more towards my computer science degree.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
The opportunity to care for our Vets.
Pharmacist (voormalige medewerker) –  Tallahassee, FL22 augustus 2018
At the VA, we were always having continuing educational type meeting and luncheons thus learning was definitely a high priority. So the environment to always learn and keep up with the new and improved was on the forefront.
The best thing about working there is the feeling that we are giving back in some way to our Vets that have given so much of themselves to protect the rights that we have as American citizens. It was an honor to serve them in this manner.
Pluspunten
The great environment for learning and furthering your education, while practicing our craft.
None that I can recall.
VA is not for me
Central Sterile Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Lexington, KY21 augustus 2018
I did not working for the VA and I really can't respect they do not hire many veterans. The veterans that do work there are on the cleaning crew. I do not miss it.
High paced, skilled professionals
Automation Assistant (Laboratory) (huidige medewerker) –  Indianapolis, IN21 augustus 2018
I work in a highly productive, professional area of the hospital. Because we handle our daily responsibilities professionally, we are able to incorporate structured gatherings which allows us to develop and maintain a caring and friendly environment. I very much enjoy what I do however, I am in need of a monetary increase, therefore I am seeking a change to satisfy my immediate requirement.
Flexiable working environment
Minpunten
Very little room to advance, unless Mgt (medical), Dr profession or mech tech is the goal
Great learning experience.
PERSONAL CARE ASST (voormalige medewerker) –  Minneapolis, MN21 augustus 2018
The Department of Veterans Affairs is a place for those who choose to help our nations Veterans and also, have the experience of a caregiver. We love, respect, and appreciate our solders/veterans. Taken care of my Disabled Veteran Mother for more than 7 years.
Bedrijfscultuur
good
AUDIOLOGIST (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL21 augustus 2018
The VA clientele were the best part of the job. I really enjoyed the veterans. I felt good to give back to them, however I did not agree with the hearing aid devices I had to chose from. In some ways this felt like a disservice to these honored people but my hands were tied. I had to find another job.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Decent Government entity
Regional Lead IT Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Raleigh, NC21 augustus 2018
Large Govt entity with large volume of wide ranged positions. There is plenty of room for growth however the political climate constantly changes senior leadership so new policy is constantly changing.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Relaxed workplace
Staff Respiratory therapist (huidige medewerker) –  Murfreesboro, TN20 augustus 2018
The VA in Murfreesboro TN is a relaxed atmosphere. There are 3 people per shift and we are allowed to manage our own work day. There is a great sense of team work between the staff therapist, all working well together. Sometimes the work load could be more to help the time move quicker. Patients get great care due to a very doable work load.
Relaxed work place
Minpunten
Could improve on newer equipment
The mission is an honor
Management and Program Analyst-GS (voormalige medewerker) –  Oakland, CA20 augustus 2018
For those who have had the distinct privilege to serve our nation's heroes, in this manner, there's no better opportunity.

However, as with every organization, there are opportunities for improvement, particularly in management and communication. Managers need to be able to better understand how to get the best from their subordinate employees, while the subordinate employees must understand that their immediate responsibility is to ensure the success of their manager/supervisor. Sadly, this does not always occur.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Learning opportunity, fun work place
Volunteer (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC20 augustus 2018
Reviewing and transcribing tapes, updating information on a software system. How to update information on a software database, the literature review of mindfulness. I worked with a friendly management team. The workplace culture is very official, professionalism is highly recommended. The hardest part of the job is initial introductory stage. The most enjoyable part of the job is updating the system with information obtained through transcribing and interviewing of the veterans.
free lunches
short breaks
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Caretaker (huidige medewerker) –  Florence, SC20 augustus 2018
I'm getting too old for this type of work. It is fast pace and competitive in a working atmosphere that requires strenuous activity setting headstones.
5 day work week
Limited overtime
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
We work in the V.A. greenhouses, and outside on grounds
Manual Arts Therapist Asst., Psy Nursing Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Battle Creek, MI19 augustus 2018
*Leading and training, along with working with outpatient veterans.
*Being able to teach and show veterans to improve there work skills,
and speak clearly, and always be willing to be a good listen.
*Each day, making sure I try to give time, to work with or assist all my veterans in my work clinic.
*In the greenhouse clinic, it was like a family affair, where all the veterans assigned to my clinic would enjoy being there, along with working there with other veterans.
*All the computer work, each day, all veterans that attend the clinic each day, I had to do a daily attendance note on each veteran that attended the clinic, along with the other 3-areas of veterans I was assigned to supervise each day.
*The most enjoyable part of my job, was working along side of all the veterans in the greenhouse clinic, and then going out and checking on all the other veterans I supervises on a daily basis, I would only visits those veterans 2-times a week, but getting to see and talk to those veterans was great, they always had so many things to tell me, even if it was work related problems they needed to inform me about other veterans they could not get along with, and the staff I work along with, were very educated and knowledgeable, and good and caring people, who were there to help and assist veterans in any way they could.
Pluspunten
no-free lunch, either bring your lunch, or go buy it.
2-15-minute breaks, 1-in morning-1-in after noon, and 1-30-minute lunch break
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
No comment
Contractor (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC19 augustus 2018
Enjoyed my time. Everyone was very laid back. I was able to work remotely most days of the week. Overall I was happy with my role at the VA. The coffee shop was the most frequented. They also have gym.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag