Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews

Alle 3.627 reviews worden getoond
Bedrijfscultuur
An exercise in frustration and futility
Contract Case Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC31 januari 2018
I will forever respect our brave military men and women for being injured at war and then injured again by the agency that purports to help them and still surviving. The VA is something to survive not utilize. The VA functions as an insurance company that is determined to deny coverage to its clients. You are taught to lie, to fudge numbers to keep the vets on rotation, they ask the contractors to do allot of their dirty work. Shameful place of rot and decay for all ethics.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 12Nee 1Rapporteren
Great place to work.
Staff Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Madison, WI31 januari 2018
The team I work with is superb.
Our leadership is superb. They care about their employees.
Real servant leaders here.
I learn new things every day.
The culture promotes change, sometimes it takes time.
The hardest part of the job is political aspects of the system extending beyond our facility.
Most enjoyable part of the job is our Veterans!
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 2Rapporteren
Very relaxed work environment
Health Technician (Prosthetics) (voormalige medewerker) –  Madison, WI31 januari 2018
I enjoyed working with active military personnel and veterans and their families. Very fast paced ok environment, must be able to multitask.typical work day was 8 hours a day performing multiple tasks.
Pluspunten
Working with the veterans and their family
Minpunten
Travel time to get to work
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 2Rapporteren
Serving Vets
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Patient Services30 januari 2018
Serving my veterans. That is all i needed to say. The culture there for most is selfless and caring. It can be a tough job dealing with the bureacracy.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Wonderful work environment
IT Specialist/Support Internship (huidige medewerker) –  Bronx, NY30 januari 2018
I worked as a intern and the experience was great. I worked with a friendly staff who gave me my first working networking experience. On a typical day we will start the day at around 8 AM see what was the workflow for the day and prioritize which basically consists of trouble tickets installing and removing computers and printers and solve end-users networking experiences ended they will end around 4:30 p.m.
A lot of experience
Minpunten
It was only an internship
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 3Rapporteren
Great workplace
Budget Chief (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA30 januari 2018
Management and culture is excellent. Enjoyable and exciting place to work. But unless you're in healthcare, not much for advancement. Still highly recommend.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 3Rapporteren
management
Transportation Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ30 januari 2018
A typical day is 8 hours.
I learned how to work with vets
It would help if management received more leadership training.
The most enjoyable part is being able to help the veterans.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Good
Veteran Transportation Service Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Ann Arbor, MI 4810530 januari 2018
Productive and honorable cause

Serving those veterans who gave much for their country. The most difficult part of the job is balancing work load stress with home life.
Excellent
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
wonderful place to start or finish
Administrator on Duty (voormalige medewerker) –  Nashville, TN30 januari 2018
wonderful place to start or finish a medical career
for those in the middle other options might provide
greater opportunity to expand your roll and
develop as a leader.
job stability
chroniclly short staffed.
Bedrijfscultuur
A good place to develop skills
Social Worker (huidige medewerker) –  Fresno, CA30 januari 2018
This is a good career to have, and can be a challenging environment. As a veteran I enjoy serving the military and veteran population. In my line of work I do direct service, and administrative work. I enjoy working with a team of staff that that have an unwavering devotion to the clients that we serve.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Good work place
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (huidige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA29 januari 2018
I love working here. The offer competitive salary and benefits. They help balance your work schedule around your home life. They are one of the few companies that continue to offer a pension.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
enjoyable fast paced job
Dental Technician, Set-up and prep treatment rooms (huidige medewerker) –  Chillicothe, OH29 januari 2018
Typical day is fast paced and satisfactory. Teamwork is key in the past paced world of dentistry. Management was available and curious when needed. would recommend applying.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
VA Workplace Experience
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA29 januari 2018
I worked in as Vocational Counselor with Mental Health focus. I maintained an average of 280 cases. The average day would consist of meeting with Veteran to determine needs for employment and counseling. Meeting with external officials to ensure the Veteran needs are being accommodated in employment, housing, medical, and social services. Inputting payroll for Veterans who are attending academic programs, and case noting daily on the Veteran's status while participating in Chapter 31 program. I would consider that workplace manageable but most be able to work independently to be success, and must be willing to make decision and support the decision with evidentiary support. I am required to review cases for accuracy of content and validity. The most difficult part of the job is to stay abreast of policy and regulation to ensure proper entitlement to chapter 31 program. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping Veterans become successful in employment following disease, disabilities and illness. It's the best feeling ever.
Pluspunten
Working in the help profession
Number of Veterans need help
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Work with disabled Veterans to find employment
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, CRC (voormalige medewerker) –  Austin, TX29 januari 2018
The Department of Veteran Affairs is an excellent job with good opportunities. You have the opportunity to help Veterans assimilate into civilian life.
Pluspunten
PTO, salary, people you work with on a daily basis.
Large case loads
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Ok
ASSISTANT CANTEEN CHIEF (huidige medewerker) –  Denver, CO29 januari 2018
Over worked. Under paid. The most enjoyable is working for the veterans. The hardest part is it Is hard to find someone who actually does their job...
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
A great Job
Food Service Worker (huidige medewerker) –  Brooklyn, NY28 januari 2018
A typical day in my department is crazy and hectic. I worked in the Cafeteria. long lines of hungry people and the clean up is insane but because I care for my veterans I continue to do my part.
free lunch
constantly understaffed
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
C&P Department
Nurse Practitioner (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbia, SC28 januari 2018
Well administered department with oversite with adequate supervisory staff and internal review of reports with feedback is detailed oriented and helpful for success.
CT and OT
Approvals fot OT
Intra-Departmental Training
Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Saint Petersburg, FL28 januari 2018
Assisting the Veteran and his family with questions concerning benefits this agency provides was one of the rewarding factors of this job. Continued Intra-Depatmental training on new local, state and federal policies pertaining to Veteran benefits.
Pluspunten
Helping the Veteran who served this country.
Unable to identify any.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Team work
Intern (huidige medewerker) –  Washington, DC27 januari 2018
Friendly and relaxed co-workers make workplace's atmosphere very comfortable. People are very professional and they respect and help each other. They are passionate about what they do.
Bedrijfscultuur
Be willing to stay in a stable place
Medical Record Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL27 januari 2018
Government is just the government what see is what you get. Polite s just like on t.v. Service the veteran was the most important thing that I liked about working for this company.
A job for life
Minpunten
Be willing to stay in the same position no able to grown
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren