Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews

Alle 4.706 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Good
Housekeeping Aid Apprentice (voormalige medewerker) –  Marion, IL4 november 2018
Overall a learning concept at best it is amazing how they work in the background. I believe people need to see this cause it takes a lot to take care of the vets.
Good People
Non
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9NeeRapporteren
2,0
Extremely stressful
Rating Veterans Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Jackson, MS3 november 2018
While pay is good not worth the stress. Love what I do which is serve Veterans however meeting numbers seem to matter most to Washington vs Vets. and employees. Standards are absurd have to work through my breaks and lunch just to try to meet my transactions while worrying about quality which is at times based on somebody else’s interpretation of the law from which we get dinged on errors. I despise the structure. Know of three of my co workers who had strokes bcs of the stress that comes with this job. Not worth the pay.
Leave
Minpunten
Extremely stressful with absurd standards
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Work from Home
German Translator - Global Dimensions (huidige medewerker) –  Pueblo, CO3 november 2018
Enjoy work. It is at my own pace. Rewarding outcome.
Received a bonus already. Meets my needs of part time work.
O board process requires finger prints and background check. Including reference check. Learn as you go job, but plenty of online resources available to help you out. Love the culture. Typical day is working in my home office. Management are cool and helpful.
work from home
work not always steady
Don't even consider it
Veterans Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Saint Paul, MN2 november 2018
Typical government job; VERY unorganized, valuable training is non-existent, the only motivation to come into work everyday is a paycheck and not to get fired..
Pay, Benefits
Literally everything else
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
It's a great place to work
Food Service Worker (huidige medewerker) –  North Little Rock, AR 721142 november 2018
I enjoy working for the VA a great job and it has great benefits. It will be a great place to start and it has opportunity to move around. Just mind your business and stay focus on your goals
Bedrijfscultuur
excellent place of education and work
Social Service Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Hampton, VA2 november 2018
Great diverse place to work. Very team and goal driven place to work. Everyone helping each other and the Veterans of today. With proper education and guidance one can excel.
Bedrijfscultuur
Administrative Assistant - VA Hospital (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Harrison, MT2 november 2018
A lot of teamwork...Shared mission. The VA facility at which I worked had good leadership, good facilities We took a lot of pride in our work, helping vets.
posative culture, good pay
Minpunten
VA is subject of unfair critisim.
fun
Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Daytona Beach, FL1 november 2018
helping VA students get certified as a veteran student. this is just for students only. also just for veterans only . the management is great its a nice job.
free lunch
Poor care
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC 200111 november 2018
12 hour shifts
Workplace is cut throat with scant educational and management support. Nurses usually provide primary nursing. Compressed work schedule and federal benefits best aspects
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Long hours listening to Veterans problems
Veterans Service Officer (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA1 november 2018
It was okay. Different personalities were mainly the issue. Worst part about it was listening to Veterans tell you how much they hate the VA and how we don't or didn't do anything to help them.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Atrocious Mgmt of DVA
Fed. LEO - Lt./Sprv. LEO/Trng. Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Wichita, KS 6721831 oktober 2018
One of the most inept and incompetent leadership environments I have ever witnessed or been a part of. From Facility management all the way down to department/section management, the vast majority are incapable of overall effective leadership. I emphasize management because most are horribly atrocious leaders an have no business managing or leading any area of the workforce. Particularly, the VA Police at the Robert J. Dole VAMC in Wichita, Kansas. As well as the overall mgmt of the Office of Security & Law Enforcement of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Productive Workplace
Advanced Medical Support Assistant / TOD (huidige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA30 oktober 2018
Days working within the Va can be stressful at times, However with support you will be able to get through. You must be able to adapt to change. For the most part many are supportive and work as team players.
n/a
Great Benefits, Job stability
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Working at the Veteran Administration was the most rewarding of all my positions as an LPN. Serving our veterans gave me a pride in my work
Licensed Practical Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Evansville, IN28 oktober 2018
I would still be working at the Veteran's Administration if they offered part-time work. I was having some health problems in 2015-2016 that led to my retirement. The work is very rewarding most of the time. A veteran may become upset very easily due to PTSA for TBA (traumatic brain injury). It takes a patient and caring nurse to be able to defuse a situation.
Pluspunten
No Weekends, Holidays, or nights. Also receive the federal holidays as well. Tuition reimbursement.
Minpunten
The VA in Evansville is micromanaged by the VA in Marion, Illinois. There is a problem with communication at times.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great job security, but not an enjoyable work place
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Austin, TX28 oktober 2018
This is a job that has great job security. The down fall of the organization is that they are understaffed and they place too many demands on employees. The employees are over worked and burned out. There are poor management skills among management.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 12NeeRapporteren
Great Place to work
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Davenport, IA28 oktober 2018
This is a great place to work. You will be paid a salary whereby you can afford housing, food and basic living. Those lacking a college degree will find that there is no career advancement within the QCA.
pay, atmosphere
no career advancement
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Good overall
Secretary(OA)/Records Management Liaison GS (huidige medewerker) –  Memphis, TN28 oktober 2018
The Va is a good place to work. I've been here 2 years and I volunteer for alot of different opportunites. They also have a lot of promotional opportunites of you as well. Overall the pay and benefits are good and I love my job.
Pluspunten
Job security and potential promotion opportunities
Lack of leadership
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
I was very proud to have worked here
Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Norman, OK27 oktober 2018
This is a nursing home for our veterans. I worked in the maintenance department and I loved working here. I felt like I was helping our veterans. The people a great
NIce place to work
Did not pay a lot
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Overall okay
Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Buffalo, NY27 oktober 2018
Has helped me with my career overall. A good resume builder, management is awful, pay is awful, staffing is inadequate, benefits are not as great as you would think as they changed the retirement system a few years ago. Great for a new nurse to build nursing skills.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Government Work
Engineering Technician GS-09; Portfolio (huidige medewerker) –  Grand Island, NE26 oktober 2018
Each day is different. Never boring. Very challenging. Learn a lot. Become an expert. Not afraid to throw you into action. Opportunity to perfect your job.
Always learning.
Minpunten
Not everyone works as hard as I do.
Bedrijfscultuur
Working for the VA is an excelent career for many opportunities to move around.
Police Officer (voormalige medewerker) –  Cleveland, OH26 oktober 2018
I plan on returning to the VA to work in a different capacity. Work day was easy, fun and was able to interact with fellow veterans. The hardest part about the job was not knowing if a psych patient would be assaultive or not throughout the day.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag