Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews

Alle 4.029 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Overworked and Underpaid
Human Resources Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Long Beach, CA 9082231 mei 2018
Everyone know that government employees are overworked and under paid. I didn't believe this until I started working for the VA. I work very hard, but never get rewarded or commended. Management in HR is the worst. They do not care for you and do not want to give you opportunities to promote. They are very snake like, and act like they care, but will throw you under the bus if the opportunity rises. They bring you on with a certain salary, then once you start, they lower it. Do NOT trust HR management.
Good benefits
Short breaks, terrible management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
average
CNA (huidige medewerker) –  Panama City, FL30 mei 2018
management was horrible at times, frequent turnover. Always a lack of Communication. The benfits are great, just wasn't worth the work environment that you had to deal with everyday. They pay for your college but yet refuse to work around a school schedule.
good job
Clinical Nurse Educator/ staff nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY30 mei 2018
Good Employer with excellent benefits, but I don't understand why this is relevant while applying for another position. The VA strongly encourages and regularly follows the mission to care for Veterans.
Challenging and rewarding workplace
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Muskogee, OK30 mei 2018
Helping the Veterans and their dependents was very rewarding. There was always something to do to keep yourself occupied. Sometimes advancement was difficult due to the number of employees working there.
great people
Minpunten
sometimes mangement proved difficult to deal with
Nursing
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL30 mei 2018
Department provided good teamwork and professional working environment. Provided encouragement to obtain additional job related education. Provided opportunities for growth in education.
Team work
productive
Clinical Coordinator/Educator (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC30 mei 2018
Stressful work environment ,poor work ethics by employees. Fair place to work, place to improve on leadership skills. Secure benefits and growth. Work culture is relaxed need to improve in professionalism.
Job Security
Medical Supply Technician, 0622 (huidige medewerker) –  Albuquerque, NM30 mei 2018
not much to say, short staff means trying to get more work donew with less people. No rotation, problematic employees. lack of upward mobility or advancement
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
The va
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Spokane, WA 9920529 mei 2018
Government Job that allows for some upward mobility, however restricts once you are hired on. Hard standards on Promotion based on Time in grade.A good place to work, but hard to get ahead.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Working here is a joke
Food Service Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Seattle, WA29 mei 2018
The management lies about how long contracts are going to be a 2 month contract last over a year plus, they try to use people as long as they can and fire them and hire a new group of people. Helps them avoid hiring people permanently and save them from giving out benefits. Staff is very inconsistent people call out all the time and your forced to work in a high volume place by yourself with no support. Can you imagine working that long without sick days or vacation days, any employee that works the coffee shops doesn’t stay long at all the turnover rate is very high. The management doesn’t have control over schedules, breaks or anything they just fake it to make it. There are Rats I’m both cafeterias and they don’t do anything about it either.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fast paced environment.
VOLUNTEER ASSOCIATIONS (huidige medewerker) –  Newington, CT29 mei 2018
Typical day included assisting veteran with any assisted services available at the department of veteran affairs. Giving more insight on federal and state offered benefits.
Networking with Veterans
Part time employment
Going to miss it
IT Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Washington, DC29 mei 2018
Great learning environment. here is always something new to do and see. I have some very helpful and knowlegdeable co worker and my boss is great to work with
Bedrijfscultuur
Medical Reimbursement Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Middleton, WI29 mei 2018
My job was in a cubicle farm. It was fast paced but required sitting all day. The job was challenging and changing all the time. Internal transfer to other locations are very hard to do.
Good company
Housekeeper Aid (voormalige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX 7822927 mei 2018
Great for veterans and civilians alike. Enjoyed working with everyone. I worked both as a Can and before retirement as a housekeeper. Would consider working for the VA again part-time.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Love Working for Veterans
Program Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX26 mei 2018
The sole reason I took the job at the VA is to help fellow veterans. My management wanted me to post 56 hours of AWOL for a staff member even though he called in and I could not consciously do that. My supervisor was off that day but I still got written up for not doing what I was told to do. The particular staff member went to our LMR Department and the department was told they could not do that because staff member had called in. I couldn't continue to work for those type of people.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Nice
Veterans Service Representative, GS (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA26 mei 2018
Awesome place to work, very veteran friendly. Awesome supervisors, awesome co-workers, nice environment. The Director is awesome, she cares very much for her employees.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bad work envirome t
Security Officer (huidige medewerker) –  Erie PA26 mei 2018
Working for the Department of military and Veterans Affairs DMV a is it cuts code operation the turnover of Staff members is phenomenal nurses cna's mngment security it is a very Stern working Style erment and not a fair one I would not recommend this place to anybody that wants to have a long career or a fulfilling
Leave time
Lot of backstabbing
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
My Review
Nutrition Food Service Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Sheridan, WY25 mei 2018
Working for VA was great except in the winter time; I had no vehicle and had to walk to work in subzero temperatures. The workplace culture for the most part was great; however, there were those in supervision that still believed in the old 'who you know' and caused some workplace friction rather frequently.
Pluspunten
help veterans re-enter the work force after being unworkable
Minpunten
short breaks and not many if shorthanded and/or busy
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Fullfilling
Realty Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC25 mei 2018
Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs is a fulfilling experience. Veterans and Active Duty Service personnel sacrifice for our country. We owe it to them to support them.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Walking on broken glass
Configuration Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Austin, TX24 mei 2018
Worked with a very strong, intelligent team. Everyone had a lot of talent and information to provide and lend to the team. However, not sure if this was due to culture, however I felt that I was not allowed to share my knowledge with my team. Manager would seem fine one day, then make me feel like my job was at jeopardy the next. Never felt secure in my role and felt that trying to think out of the box or try new things with my job was always something they do not promote. Would never want to work for the VA again and would not recommend anyone else to do so either.
Benefits, hours
Minpunten
Work Culture, having to work with bitter employees
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Love working at the VA
Home-Based Primary Care Occupational Therapist (voormalige medewerker) –  Salem, OR24 mei 2018
HBPC was the most fullfilling Occupational Therapy position I’ve ever held. I was allowed to provide excellent care and endless access to equipment for our veterans.
Great team
Large caseload
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag