Reviews voor Customer Service Representative bij Department of Veterans Affairs

166 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 5.117 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
horrible uncaring management
Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Seattle, WA16 mei 2019
For a job that is all about helping people, it's amazing how little management cares about its customers and employees (often one in the same). It's all an elaborate numbers game with the rules changing constantly. I was saddened to see how older WW2 and especially Vietnam era vets are treated.
Fed job, fed benefits.
Minpunten
No individual is truly valued, just another body to pump out work quickly.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 12NeeRapporteren
fast paced envirnoment
Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Richmond, VA 2324915 mei 2019
enjoy my service - would not leave except spouse received orders to a new duty station with the military so no option but to leave. I would like to add that the VA I am at says they does not offer a transfer program and or LWOP for spouses.
Regulations state otherwise.
I do not think that is fair to spouses at all. We serve just as our spouses do, there should be something in place for any and all military spouses who have to pick up and move as well and start over each time our active duty spouse receives orders to move across the state, ocean, or US.
supervisor was amazing
Minpunten
people do not act like adults nor communicate
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Veteran Service Rep
VETERAN SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (huidige medewerker) –  Columbia, SC15 mei 2019
Like any job, the VA is what you make of it. If you do the work you will get your timed advances. You do your work and no one messes with you. Great benefits, after a year you can work from home and they provide everything for you that you will need.
Pluspunten
Work from home, great raises after a time, pick your work times
Minpunten
have to do many trainings, some time away required for other trainings
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
2,0
Stressful place to work
Rating Veterans Service Representative, GS-12 (voormalige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT28 april 2019
good pay with great benefits but stressful place to work. Constant changes, poor leadership, confusing guidelines and a lot of infighting and politics.
good pay
stressful place
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 13NeeRapporteren
New employee; New career
Ratings Veteran Service Representative (GS-09) (huidige medewerker) –  Jackson, MS 392161 april 2019
This is a challenging new career for me. I look forward to helping Veterans. I do not like that this is a production based job. Our pay raises are based on our production.
Flexibility after completing training
Minpunten
This is a production based job.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7Nee 1Rapporteren
Na
Veteran Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Waco, TX25 maart 2019
Great experience. Management needed more assistance. Requirements are a bit too harsh but not impossible. Point system needs some tweaking. Decent work environment.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Supervisory Veterans Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA24 maart 2019
As a whole, the Department of Veterans Affairs is a good place to work. It offers great benefits, great time off, and provides good job security, but the job has become more and more stressful. Upper management has too many meetings, and doesn't allow supervisors enough opportunity to put an action plan into place. I am looking to relocate and see this an ample opportunity to make a much needed change, after 11 years.
Listed above
Listed above
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Va
Veteran Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA15 maart 2019
VA is a difficult job stressful constant change.Often times laws change quickly hard to keep up . Data entry difficult and quality is overrated. Hard job and easy to get fired.
money
stressfull
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Serving Veterans
Veteran's Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Saint Paul, MN21 februari 2019
As a Veteran myself I find it extremely rewarding to work for VA to serve Veterans needs for both compensation and Health Care. The job is both challenging an rewarding.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 4Rapporteren
Work environment
Rating Veteran Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Portland, OR19 februari 2019
The work environment is production driven. Neither the employee nor the customer matter as long as the correct amount of work is being performed every two weeks. If a veteran or new employee misses the production requirement for one two week period, the employee may be terminated. This policy is regardless of how many successful two week periods the employee accomplished throughout the year or years of service with the VBA.
great pay/benefits
everything else
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Very Stressful and poor management
Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Minneapolis, MN 5541512 februari 2019
The title says it all. The VA is very poorly managed and the jobs are very high stressed. The VA is all about numbers, quotas, and stats. I would not recommend the VA to anybody except to get your foot in the door for federal employment.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 10Nee 1Rapporteren
Nothing to say
Rating Veterans Service Rep (Federal job) (voormalige medewerker) –  Salem, NC5 februari 2019
Working at the VA is very stressful, required work increases without warning. If you make your production numbers your managers want you to do more. I was 10% over production and was told I needed to get more done
flexible schedule
everything else
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
2,0
Bedrijfscultuur
Not for individuals who think logically
Rating Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA 191443 februari 2019
After the first six months at the VA, I knew I needed to leave. The employees were all miserable and extremely stressed out. The management was so incompetent (I worked in two offices and neither was able to manage the workload properly), that the system never ran smoothly. There is no cooperation or collaboration since everyone, including managers, are so concerned with their own job safety that it made everyone dishonest, deceitful, and depressed. The VA is a fear-based environment. I would not recommend this agency unless you are absolutely desperate for employment. It has consistently been rated one of the worst federal agencies for decades.
see review above...
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 11NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Times are changing and it seems the focus is being lost
Veteran Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA26 januari 2019
The changes to the system and processing model in the last 6 months has made the job very stressful. It seems that upper management is more concerned with system processing than actually helping the Veterans and their families. They are trying to fit a Pension Processing structure into a Compensation system and do see that it is not working efficiently. As Pension is numbers driven whereas Compensation is illness (rating) driven.
VBA - Flexible hours/schedules, Work from home capabilities
Too Many to list
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Appointments and Claims Rep
Customer Service Support (voormalige medewerker) –  Saint Augustine, FL 3208610 januari 2019
Provide customer service support to St Augustine based Veterans, for medical appointment schedule, medication refill status, and referral/consult status. Proficient in medical communication and new office technologies that apply to those in the health field; Managed the laboratory and prescription entry into the VA medical health record system.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a good place to gain experience
Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Orange, CA11 december 2018
The Department of Veterans Affairs does a lot to help out veterans in need. I worked there part-time while attending school to augment my G.I Bill pay. They treated me very well, and the workload was manageable. If I ever needed time off for anything important, it was granted.
Flexible, Fast-paced, good co-workers
Pay
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
You're reeled in... only to realize you've been attacked by a SHARK!!
Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbia, SC10 december 2018
You'll go to Baltimore for a 6 week training course. It's a great time and the instructors are good. Sometimes you know what type of claims you'll be working (at the VARO back home) when you get to school and sometimes not. Once training is over, you work claims with a "mentor", but that person is on production also. The managers don't allow much time for them to assist you. As a claims worker, Washington DC sends down unrealistic production requirements and expectations. The VA spends all of this money to send you to school, but then uses "accountability", a word that is used as a scare tactic. If you miss making the "standards", you live in a panic wondering whether or not you'll get terminated. This is no way to function or live. The VA loses good workers daily due to the stress of this job as they try to adhere to a far reaching standard. It gives the impression that the VA only cares about numbers and not veterans.
Helping veterans
Minpunten
Stress, management not always helpful, no "Team" environment, CONSTANT MANDATORY OVERTIME
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 11NeeRapporteren
Great work enviroment
Veterans Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY8 december 2018
Over 5 years I worked my way up through the Department of Veterans Affairs. I have volunteered and been nominated to work special assignments, with great success. I have continued to excel through additional challenges. Hardest part of my job is not being able to effectively help Veterans the way I would like to. In the last year the environment has become less than favorable. With the overhaul within the department and National leadership over the Veterans experience.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Pharmacy Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Riley, KS19 november 2018
My year working with the VA was stressful for me. Many of the Vets are hard to work with due to the medications they were on or their age. A lot of computer skill are or were needed for this job.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast Paced but relaxed in a way
Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Clarksville, TN7 november 2018
Loved working with my crew because we were so focused on our job and helping our customers. You do have veterans that come in very angry wanting their benefits but as long as you show some effort they will be nicer towards you.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9Nee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag