Reviews voor Customer Service Representative bij Department of Veterans Affairs

157 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 4.778 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Serving Veterans
Veteran's Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Saint Paul, MN21 februari 2019
As a Veteran myself I find it extremely rewarding to work for VA to serve Veterans needs for both compensation and Health Care. The job is both challenging an rewarding.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Work environment
Rating Veteran Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Portland, OR19 februari 2019
The work environment is production driven. Neither the employee nor the customer matter as long as the correct amount of work is being performed every two weeks. If a veteran or new employee misses the production requirement for one two week period, the employee may be terminated. This policy is regardless of how many successful two week periods the employee accomplished throughout the year or years of service with the VBA.
great pay/benefits
everything else
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Very Stressful and poor management
Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Minneapolis, MN 5541512 februari 2019
The title says it all. The VA is very poorly managed and the jobs are very high stressed. The VA is all about numbers, quotas, and stats. I would not recommend the VA to anybody except to get your foot in the door for federal employment.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Not for individuals who think logically
Rating Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA 191443 februari 2019
After the first six months at the VA, I knew I needed to leave. The employees were all miserable and extremely stressed out. The management was so incompetent (I worked in two offices and neither was able to manage the workload properly), that the system never ran smoothly. There is no cooperation or collaboration since everyone, including managers, are so concerned with their own job safety that it made everyone dishonest, deceitful, and depressed. The VA is a fear-based environment. I would not recommend this agency unless you are absolutely desperate for employment. It has consistently been rated one of the worst federal agencies for decades.
see review above...
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Times are changing and it seems the focus is being lost
Veteran Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA26 januari 2019
The changes to the system and processing model in the last 6 months has made the job very stressful. It seems that upper management is more concerned with system processing than actually helping the Veterans and their families. They are trying to fit a Pension Processing structure into a Compensation system and do see that it is not working efficiently. As Pension is numbers driven whereas Compensation is illness (rating) driven.
VBA - Flexible hours/schedules, Work from home capabilities
Too Many to list
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Appointments and Claims Rep
Customer Service Support (voormalige medewerker) –  Saint Augustine, FL 3208610 januari 2019
Provide customer service support to St Augustine based Veterans, for medical appointment schedule, medication refill status, and referral/consult status. Proficient in medical communication and new office technologies that apply to those in the health field; Managed the laboratory and prescription entry into the VA medical health record system.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a good place to gain experience
Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Orange, CA11 december 2018
The Department of Veterans Affairs does a lot to help out veterans in need. I worked there part-time while attending school to augment my G.I Bill pay. They treated me very well, and the workload was manageable. If I ever needed time off for anything important, it was granted.
Flexible, Fast-paced, good co-workers
Pay
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
You're reeled in... only to realize you've been attacked by a SHARK!!
Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbia, SC10 december 2018
You'll go to Baltimore for a 6 week training course. It's a great time and the instructors are good. Sometimes you know what type of claims you'll be working (at the VARO back home) when you get to school and sometimes not. Once training is over, you work claims with a "mentor", but that person is on production also. The managers don't allow much time for them to assist you. As a claims worker, Washington DC sends down unrealistic production requirements and expectations. The VA spends all of this money to send you to school, but then uses "accountability", a word that is used as a scare tactic. If you miss making the "standards", you live in a panic wondering whether or not you'll get terminated. This is no way to function or live. The VA loses good workers daily due to the stress of this job as they try to adhere to a far reaching standard. It gives the impression that the VA only cares about numbers and not veterans.
Helping veterans
Minpunten
Stress, management not always helpful, no "Team" environment, CONSTANT MANDATORY OVERTIME
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 10NeeRapporteren
Great work enviroment
Veterans Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY8 december 2018
Over 5 years I worked my way up through the Department of Veterans Affairs. I have volunteered and been nominated to work special assignments, with great success. I have continued to excel through additional challenges. Hardest part of my job is not being able to effectively help Veterans the way I would like to. In the last year the environment has become less than favorable. With the overhaul within the department and National leadership over the Veterans experience.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Pharmacy Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Riley, KS19 november 2018
My year working with the VA was stressful for me. Many of the Vets are hard to work with due to the medications they were on or their age. A lot of computer skill are or were needed for this job.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast Paced but relaxed in a way
Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Clarksville, TN7 november 2018
Loved working with my crew because we were so focused on our job and helping our customers. You do have veterans that come in very angry wanting their benefits but as long as you show some effort they will be nicer towards you.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8Nee 1Rapporteren
Toxic
Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Iowa city5 november 2018
I have no idea who is putting the good reviews here but if you enjoy being attacked by the supervisors whom are terrible at thier jobs then this is the place for you. Google VA Hospital toxic work environment and employees anonymously give true and accurate reviews of the work culture. No training. Employees are miserable and make sure you are also. I feel sorry for the vets. All the good employees eventually leave.
Toxic
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 14NeeRapporteren
Extremely stressful
Rating Veterans Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Jackson, MS3 november 2018
While pay is good not worth the stress. Love what I do which is serve Veterans however meeting numbers seem to matter most to Washington vs Vets. and employees. Standards are absurd have to work through my breaks and lunch just to try to meet my transactions while worrying about quality which is at times based on somebody else’s interpretation of the law from which we get dinged on errors. I despise the structure. Know of three of my co workers who had strokes bcs of the stress that comes with this job. Not worth the pay.
Leave
Minpunten
Extremely stressful with absurd standards
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 10NeeRapporteren
Don't even consider it
Veterans Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Saint Paul, MN2 november 2018
Typical government job; VERY unorganized, valuable training is non-existent, the only motivation to come into work everyday is a paycheck and not to get fired..
Pay, Benefits
Literally everything else
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
fun
Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Daytona Beach, FL1 november 2018
helping VA students get certified as a veteran student. this is just for students only. also just for veterans only . the management is great its a nice job.
free lunch
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Work environment
Rating Veterans service representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Saint Petersburg, FL21 oktober 2018
Management switch often. Not consistent with laws and rules and reviewing your work production. Some felt as if they were on a island by themselves. No team work. Numbers more important than the health of employees.
Benefits was great.
Minpunten
Work environment wasn't healthy.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Va
Veteran Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  North Little Rock, AR21 oktober 2018
It is a federal department and has the usual federal work atmosphere. Hurry up and wait. Good working with veterans. Hated that veteran benefits were held up because of a typo on a letter. Veterans just did not seem to be a priority.
steady work
Minpunten
cut throat; veterans not a priority.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Management was invisible and only cared about the numbers and not Veterans
Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Minneapolis, MN16 augustus 2018
Management was horrible and micro managed. All about the numbers, not about the veteran applying or who you talk to on the phone. Sending letters because veteran signed on the wrong line, client base was retired 60 plus living on social security and sometimes pension.
Pluspunten
Federal Government job and good benefits
Minpunten
If you like sitting at a desk all day, nobody talks, not a lot of help and support and poor management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 17Nee 1Rapporteren
Overall great place
Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ4 augustus 2018
Great place to work, excellent pay. Direct manager was really nice but still assertive manager. Case load high and relatively stressful. Overtime is mandatory when it comes up.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 5Rapporteren
Loved my job
Veterans Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Reno, NV3 augustus 2018
I worked for the VBA as a Veteran's Service Representative. It was a very rewarding job. You have to be technically inclined and like to do research as well. Great pay and promotion opportunities.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag