Reviews voor Licensed Practical Nurse bij Department of Veterans Affairs

118 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 4.478 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Wonderful place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Portland, OR27 augustus 2018
It's an honor to serve and care for our veterans. I come home from work on a daily basis, even if it has been a difficult day, feeling good about serving our veterans who served us and our country. There is always a staff member available to help others in any given situation and the VA is amazing in regards to training.
Pluspunten
Supportive departments and nursing staff
Short breaks
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
My career at Dept. of Veterans Affairs
Licensed Practical Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL20 juli 2018
Enjoyed my 27.5 year career
Best employer I have worked for
5 stars for Dept. of Veterans
VA provides opportunities for advancements with education reimbursement .
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Fast paced
Specialty LPN (voormalige medewerker) –  Rockford, IL11 juli 2018
The Vets are awesome to work with. Coworkers awesome. Management played favoritism. I quit because of the whole atmosphere. It’s not a positive place to work.
Schedule
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
I enjoyed working at the WBVAMC
Licensed Practical Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA10 juli 2018
I enjoyed my job at the WBVAMC but unfortunately I was going to school full time and there is no opportunity to work part time at this facility. Due to this I had to resign as a PACT LPN and find a job outside of the VA to work part time or per diem to further my career.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
patient focused care
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (voormalige medewerker) –  Decorah, IA2 juli 2018
high paced job. Work is challenging. THe best government job I have had. Totally focused on quality care to veterans. Work environment was awesome.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Great pay for no life.
Licensed Practical Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Canandaigua, NY4 juni 2018
The Department of Veterans affairs is a federal job that demands a lot. You work multiple shifts with hardly no weekends off. If you are the low man on the seniority pole you can forget about a vacation or transfer opportunities. I have been an employee now for 5 months and i feel i have made a mistake accepting the nursing job i am now currently doing.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 15Nee 1Rapporteren
Poor management
LPN (voormalige medewerker) –  Augusta, GA 3090415 mei 2018
My most enjoyable moments were taking care of the veterans the worst part was poor management and the coroption of the va system down south if I would have stayed out west I may have not resigned ,
LOVED TAKING CARE OF VETS AFTER 14 YRS
POOR MANAGEMENT
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 12NeeRapporteren
Productive... Good learning environment
LPN (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA25 april 2018
Overall it was a good experience.. It was good for job longevity, however the management can use some improvements... The nursing staff was very knowledgeable and helpful... Other diciplines were kind and courteous... A really caring environment.
Definitely a good place for our veterans.. I walked away with a lot from my time with the Vetrans Affairs and will forever be grateful
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Wilmington, DE24 april 2018
I worked on Med-Surgical floor. Some days could be stressful. I loved administering care and treatment to the patients. The hardest time was to see those that served have to deal with PTSD.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 2Rapporteren
interesting place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (voormalige medewerker) –  Danville, IL2 april 2018
enjoyed working with the veterens. It was in extended care and on the Psych ward. I was impressed with the updated technology that was used. They had a good med pass system. Everything was barcoded.
Pluspunten
enjoyed working with the veterans
no cons
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
Lpn
Licensed practical Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Baltimore, MD29 maart 2018
Overall the Department of veteran affairs is a great place to work but as far as job advancement it will take for ever to advance.I worked for almost 10 years and once i finish was unable to obtain a nursing job
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 4Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Too much waste of time and no responsibility
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (voormalige medewerker) –  Dayton, OH13 februari 2018
Too many lifetime employees who know how to milk the system. Management will not correct employees because they will run to the union and complain. As long as you come to work and fill a seat you can do whatever you like all day long. Some of the clinics were up to three years behind with no reason to be. Witnessed staff yelling, cursing and being vulgar in front of patients on a daily basis. I was so disappointed with my coworkers behavior and the lack of accountability. Our Veterans deserve better!!
Working with Veterans
No accountability
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 12NeeRapporteren
great
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (huidige medewerker) –  Ann Arbor, MI30 januari 2018
Great place to work. I love help veterans because I am one. Its like no other place you could work. It has its own culture. Patient can be very challenging.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Good work place
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (huidige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA29 januari 2018
I love working here. The offer competitive salary and benefits. They help balance your work schedule around your home life. They are one of the few companies that continue to offer a pension.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 15Nee 1Rapporteren
loved it-every single thing~
Licensed Practical Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Charleston, SC17 januari 2018
I loved working with veterans. It was a joy to serve them and get to hear their stories everyday. I enjoyed my coworkers as well. We truly worked as a team and became like one big family we shared ups and downs and to this day we are as close as family.
Good benefits, good coworkers
Minpunten
Sometimes govt gets in the way
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 10Nee 3Rapporteren
Would definately recommend!
LPN (voormalige medewerker) –  Minneapolis, MN12 januari 2018
The VA is a great place to work. If only it would have been closer to home, I would have stayed the rest of my career there, but driving 600 miles a week got to be too exhausting.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 11Nee 5Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
If you are willing to put in the work growth is possible.
Lpn (voormalige medewerker) –  San Juan, PR28 december 2017
The VA provides many opportunities to grow. You have to be the one to determine if you want to put in the extra work or not. It is a fast paced job with little time to take a break. Be prepared to deal with some angry customers sometimes.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 19NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great benefits but not much room to grow as a nurse
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (huidige medewerker) –  Cape Coral, FL27 november 2017
It is a fast paced job. Unfortunately not all VA facilities are the same, some are better than others in regards to helping you with furthering your education and advancing in your career.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 11Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent Care and place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL10 november 2017
Team Nursing, Pxyis medication distribution, Mobile computer carts, numerous medications 5-15 given to clients, wound care, bowel care, Iv Therapy, Blood Draw, hanging blood, Rehab, SCI, TBI, ALS, MS, Radiation Therapy/Chemotherapy
Excellent career ladder raises
Minpunten
poor management training/ stagnant theories
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 15Nee 3Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Good education program for staff.
LPN (voormalige medewerker) –  Martinsburg, WV10 oktober 2017
My work at the VA was a temporary position but I was impressed by the organization of management and the willingness of staff to support one another. It was also gratifying to work with the Veterans.
Pluspunten
Friendly and helpful staff.
Minpunten
No full time positions available at the time I worked there.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 20Nee 4Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag