Reviews voor Licensed Practical Nurse bij Department of Veterans Affairs

124 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 4.779 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Loved it!
Licensed Practical Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Marion, IL2 januari 2019
I absolutely LOVED working here. Working with veterans has been a passion of mine for a very long time. There is a long line of vets in my family and being able to give back to them was very rewarding. Unfortunately, I had to move abruptly and was unable to reach an agreement with my manager prior to me leaving. Hopefully, I will be able to return to the VA in my state to continue working in the setting I love.
VETERANS!, benefits, pay
Long wait to move from LPN to RN once licensed
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
1,0
LPN (voormalige medewerker) –  Durham, NC10 november 2018
As long as you allow the management to keep you in a PLANTATION state of mind then you will make it there. Very toxic place to work. It is not worth the headache and low pay.
Pluspunten
Working with the Vets and going home to normalcy at the end of your shift.
MANAGEMENT, Upper, Middle and Lower
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 10Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Working at the Veteran Administration was the most rewarding of all my positions as an LPN. Serving our veterans gave me a pride in my work
Licensed Practical Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Evansville, IN28 oktober 2018
I would still be working at the Veteran's Administration if they offered part-time work. I was having some health problems in 2015-2016 that led to my retirement. The work is very rewarding most of the time. A veteran may become upset very easily due to PTSA for TBA (traumatic brain injury). It takes a patient and caring nurse to be able to defuse a situation.
Pluspunten
No Weekends, Holidays, or nights. Also receive the federal holidays as well. Tuition reimbursement.
Minpunten
The VA in Evansville is micromanaged by the VA in Marion, Illinois. There is a problem with communication at times.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Awesome people trying to do the best for veterans
LPN/Phlebotomist (voormalige medewerker) –  Cambridge, OH13 oktober 2018
It is unfortunate that the media portrays the VA in such a negative way by only reporting part of the story or what may seem bad, just to get ratings. What the VA does well is care for the veteran culture group better than anyone else will ever be able to do.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Room for improvement on work environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Charleston, SC6 september 2018
Lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth. Good place to start or end a variety of careers. Challenges are available. Traveling is encouraged.
Pluspunten
Great income, friendship potentials, retirement made easy
Minpunten
Very stressful at times, fast paced
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 3Rapporteren
Wonderful place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Portland, OR27 augustus 2018
It's an honor to serve and care for our veterans. I come home from work on a daily basis, even if it has been a difficult day, feeling good about serving our veterans who served us and our country. There is always a staff member available to help others in any given situation and the VA is amazing in regards to training.
Pluspunten
Supportive departments and nursing staff
Short breaks
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
My career at Dept. of Veterans Affairs
Licensed Practical Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL20 juli 2018
Enjoyed my 27.5 year career
Best employer I have worked for
5 stars for Dept. of Veterans
VA provides opportunities for advancements with education reimbursement .
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9Nee 1Rapporteren
Fast paced
Specialty LPN (voormalige medewerker) –  Rockford, IL11 juli 2018
The Vets are awesome to work with. Coworkers awesome. Management played favoritism. I quit because of the whole atmosphere. It’s not a positive place to work.
Schedule
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 14NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
I enjoyed working at the WBVAMC
Licensed Practical Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA10 juli 2018
I enjoyed my job at the WBVAMC but unfortunately I was going to school full time and there is no opportunity to work part time at this facility. Due to this I had to resign as a PACT LPN and find a job outside of the VA to work part time or per diem to further my career.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9Nee 1Rapporteren
patient focused care
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (voormalige medewerker) –  Decorah, IA2 juli 2018
high paced job. Work is challenging. THe best government job I have had. Totally focused on quality care to veterans. Work environment was awesome.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
3,0
Veteran care
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (voormalige medewerker) –  Prescott, AZ13 juni 2018
Team leader on CLC2 mid shift. Loved every aspect of my job, the staff, most of all the Veterans. We were expected to do more with less , ie, equipment, staff, supplies at times. No raises for LPNs in over 10 years..just the ordinary cola yearly. LPNs did the same job as RNs and never got a raise or even a pat on the back. Poor management.
Pluspunten
Veterans and great staff...nurses, cnas
Management no
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
lpn
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (voormalige medewerker) –  Cheyenne, WY6 juni 2018
wish is I still worked there I miss fort collins colorado clinic. I loved the patients there the hardest part of the Job back than the management that worked there would not approve our vacation days off we had to fight for it it may have changed
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Great pay for no life.
Licensed Practical Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Canandaigua, NY4 juni 2018
The Department of Veterans affairs is a federal job that demands a lot. You work multiple shifts with hardly no weekends off. If you are the low man on the seniority pole you can forget about a vacation or transfer opportunities. I have been an employee now for 5 months and i feel i have made a mistake accepting the nursing job i am now currently doing.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 21Nee 2Rapporteren
1,0
Poor management
LPN (voormalige medewerker) –  Augusta, GA 3090415 mei 2018
My most enjoyable moments were taking care of the veterans the worst part was poor management and the coroption of the va system down south if I would have stayed out west I may have not resigned ,
LOVED TAKING CARE OF VETS AFTER 14 YRS
POOR MANAGEMENT
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 19NeeRapporteren
Productive... Good learning environment
LPN (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA25 april 2018
Overall it was a good experience.. It was good for job longevity, however the management can use some improvements... The nursing staff was very knowledgeable and helpful... Other diciplines were kind and courteous... A really caring environment.
Definitely a good place for our veterans.. I walked away with a lot from my time with the Vetrans Affairs and will forever be grateful
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 14NeeRapporteren
nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Wilmington, DE24 april 2018
I worked on Med-Surgical floor. Some days could be stressful. I loved administering care and treatment to the patients. The hardest time was to see those that served have to deal with PTSD.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 10Nee 2Rapporteren
interesting place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (voormalige medewerker) –  Danville, IL2 april 2018
enjoyed working with the veterens. It was in extended care and on the Psych ward. I was impressed with the updated technology that was used. They had a good med pass system. Everything was barcoded.
Pluspunten
enjoyed working with the veterans
no cons
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 10NeeRapporteren
Lpn
Licensed practical Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Baltimore, MD29 maart 2018
Overall the Department of veteran affairs is a great place to work but as far as job advancement it will take for ever to advance.I worked for almost 10 years and once i finish was unable to obtain a nursing job
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7Nee 5Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Too much waste of time and no responsibility
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (voormalige medewerker) –  Dayton, OH13 februari 2018
Too many lifetime employees who know how to milk the system. Management will not correct employees because they will run to the union and complain. As long as you come to work and fill a seat you can do whatever you like all day long. Some of the clinics were up to three years behind with no reason to be. Witnessed staff yelling, cursing and being vulgar in front of patients on a daily basis. I was so disappointed with my coworkers behavior and the lack of accountability. Our Veterans deserve better!!
Working with Veterans
No accountability
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 15NeeRapporteren
great
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (huidige medewerker) –  Ann Arbor, MI30 januari 2018
Great place to work. I love help veterans because I am one. Its like no other place you could work. It has its own culture. Patient can be very challenging.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag