Reviews voor Licensed Practical Nurse bij Department of Veterans Affairs

94 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent Care and place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL10 november 2017
Team Nursing, Pxyis medication distribution, Mobile computer carts, numerous medications 5-15 given to clients, wound care, bowel care, Iv Therapy, Blood Draw, hanging blood, Rehab, SCI, TBI, ALS, MS, Radiation Therapy/Chemotherapy
Excellent career ladder raises
Minpunten
poor management training/ stagnant theories
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Good education program for staff.
LPN (voormalige medewerker) –  Martinsburg, WV10 oktober 2017
My work at the VA was a temporary position but I was impressed by the organization of management and the willingness of staff to support one another. It was also gratifying to work with the Veterans.
Pluspunten
Friendly and helpful staff.
Minpunten
No full time positions available at the time I worked there.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 11Nee 3Rapporteren
Terrible please to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbia, SC10 september 2017
This was the worst place to work, the environment which includea the management, staff and infrastructure was toxic, life threatening, and unhealthy. I feel sorry or my follow veterans.
caring for the veterans
Minpunten
none, but days ways from there
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 15Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced and structured environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Evansville, IN5 september 2017
Fast paced/ structured. Good benefits. Good hours. Team work. Everyone works together. Treated equally. Clean work area, enjoy working with veterans.
Good benefits
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Benefits not worth the time wasted
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (voormalige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO5 september 2017
There is no room for career advancement at the VA unless you know someone or are related to someone higher up. The training is very poor and if management doesn't feel like you fit in their click than they will work their hardest to make you lose your job. Very poor and stressful environment nor do they pay you on time.
Health benefits
Minpunten
Every aspect of the environment
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 13NeeRapporteren
competitive
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (huidige medewerker) –  West Palm Beach, FL16 augustus 2017
Need better pay for all staff. Need incentives for staff and recognition. Increase pay of step increases and all VA locations should have locality pay.
Pluspunten
benefits
Minpunten
low wages
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 10Nee 1Rapporteren
VA Nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Gainesville, FL14 juli 2017
Good opportunities for job growth and advancement. Excellent programs for furthering education in various areas in the healthcare industry. Good place to retire from.
Pluspunten
You can transfer all over the world.
Need better management......
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
stable employment, management needs to be more compassionate to employees
Licensed Practical Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Bloomington, IN29 mei 2017
Good pay, good benefits. Management needs to be more compassionate to emplyees and not be rude. To heavy workload, no help. To much training, some are ridiculouse
pay, benefits
management
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 12Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
To care for those who have borne the battle. -Abraham Lincoln
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (huidige medewerker) –  Huntington, WV20 mei 2017
Being a LPN at the VA is a very rewarding and challenging career. The veterans and the staff become like family as you care for them over the years. A typical day for me at the VA would be to work along side a RN to accommodate the unique needs of each patient. From passing medications, collecting labs, insertion of drains and tubes, down to simple activities of daily living. At the VA veterans day is every day.
Flexible scheduling
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 7Nee 3Rapporteren
Productive place of work
LPN (huidige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA16 mei 2017
I enjoyed my time and benefited from the educational opportunities that were given. The VA had many new tasks that were being installed and these tasks would help the new and young veterans that were coming for rehab.
Great staff
Too much management
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
productive place of employment
LPN (huidige medewerker) –  Baltimore, MD6 mei 2017
I enjoy my job, great health insurance, great place to continue to continue your education. the staff is great to work with. management is great with communication
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (huidige medewerker) –  Lexington, KY26 april 2017
Great opportunities. I great place to work with great people. Working at the VA is like working with family. The benefits can't be matched anywhere else.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Great to work with Veterans
Licensed Practical Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ18 april 2017
It is great to work with Veterans, but have been nursing and completed a Masters in Health Administration. Unable to move into an administration job with out taking a large cut in pay.
Work with Veterans
Unable to move up
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
A great place to be a nurse .
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA12 april 2017
My job with the federal government at the hospital and the long term care facility was exciting and a challenge. I got to see and interact
with workers who were both civilian and military.

No time to get bored many new things to learn both about people and myself. So why retire? thought I was ready to sit back and relax well, I wasn't missed the talents I acquired, and using them to help others get through a rough patch in their life.
great learning enviorment.
Parking
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4Nee 2Rapporteren
Poor working environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Chattanooga, TN11 april 2017
Very large turn over rate with nursing staff and physicians. Poorly managed. Lunch breaks are not scheduled. You may be required to work over, but are not given overtime, rather comp time (at your regular rate) to use at a later date.
Excellent benefits
No lunch breaks
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 6Nee 2Rapporteren
very good team work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (voormalige medewerker) –  lawton,ok10 april 2017
we worked on a unit that had 50 reisdents to each unit i was resposible for one side of the unit to do med admin and wound care . I enjoyed the oppurtunity to be able to care for the veterans.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
A great place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (GS-5) (voormalige medewerker) –  Seattle, WA31 maart 2017
A great place to work. Always an honor to serve those who serve this country. Teamwork is priority and it shows daily! Knowledgeable staff and a great place to learn and grow.
Teamwork
parking
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Close knit group of nurses in my area.
LPN (huidige medewerker) –  Kernersville, NC13 maart 2017
I arrive at 6:30am 30 min. early for my shift I check the equipment such as Med. refridgerator, Glucometer, Crash cart and pt. rooms. I log into any computers I might be using that day, check the schedules, stock rooms if needed. I start at 7am checking in and triaging pt's every 20 - 30 minutes thru the day until 530pm. I have a 30 minute lunch break at 1130 am which tends to go very fast. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the outsides idea that the VA is bad and that all VA's are alike. I love for our pt's to tell me that they appreciate us and and how good we are to them it makes my day.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced nursing home care
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (huidige medewerker) –  Decatur, GA8 maart 2017
My typical day at work includes: safe medication administration and monitoring there effects, educating residents on medications and their care, supervising nursing assistant care, reporting resident status changes to appropriate provider, monitoring for potential safety hazard and correcting them, documenting, in detail, daily care provided. I have learned to give care according to importance giving me the ability to recognize what should be done first.I work in a culture of resident and family centered care where family concerns are considered important but at times are hard to satisfy. The most enjoyable part of my position is working with the Veteran community.
Pluspunten
I enjoy working with our Veterans
Minpunten
Meeting the demands of the Veterans
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to further your education and overall advancement
Licensed Practical Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Saint Louis County, MO16 februari 2017
I truly enjoy working with the veterans, very fulfilling....I tell them you took care of the U.S. then and now it's time for us to take care of you....
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4Nee 2Rapporteren