Reviews voor Medical Support Assistant bij Department of Veterans Affairs

302 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 4.689 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Do Not Recommend
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA20 november 2018
I am only leaving one star because it will not allow me to leave none at all. I do not recommend any VA hospital. I blame the government and their lack of concern for the Veterans and their employees.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9Nee 2Rapporteren
Gossip
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  California17 november 2018
A typical day at the VA is gossip. They spend more time gossiping than working. Some of them are rude to the Veterans. I have learned to go to work do my job and move on. They have a group who all stick together and if they don't like you none of them do and they try to make you miserable because they are miserable within themselves. They love to stir up rumors and make you the center of attraction I find it hilarious because they are so concerned about you that they cant keep your name out of their mouth makes you feel real special. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the veterans and doing what ever it takes to make them feel comfortable and special because after all they are special if it wasn't for them we wouldn't be here. The focus here is the veteran and what the VA needs to do is get rid of the trouble makers but they won't they even have some of the management in the groups along for the ride. It is a joke but the whole purpose of working there is for the VETS not the office politics!!!!
Helping the Vets
GOSSIP
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 15Nee 1Rapporteren
Satisfying helping the Veterans
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Santa Rosa, CA15 november 2018
I loved contracting within the Medical Health Department assisting several medical doctors.
I had asked upon my re-hire full time permanent employee position to be placed back in the Mental Health Department.
They put me working within phone bank rotating me back and forth at the front desk scheduling whole clinic departments appointments
Greeting and registering patient walk-ins

I resigned felt it was not a good fit for me with not having the option to go back into the mental health department.
Working with the Veterans
Minpunten
lack of communication with management and being disrespected by supervisor
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8Nee 2Rapporteren
Productive Workplace
Advanced Medical Support Assistant / TOD (huidige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA30 oktober 2018
Days working within the Va can be stressful at times, However with support you will be able to get through. You must be able to adapt to change. For the most part many are supportive and work as team players.
n/a
Great Benefits, Job stability
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 2Rapporteren
5,0
Bedrijfscultuur
Great job security, but not an enjoyable work place
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Austin, TX28 oktober 2018
This is a job that has great job security. The down fall of the organization is that they are understaffed and they place too many demands on employees. The employees are over worked and burned out. There are poor management skills among management.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 11NeeRapporteren
5,0
Great Place to work
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Davenport, IA28 oktober 2018
This is a great place to work. You will be paid a salary whereby you can afford housing, food and basic living. Those lacking a college degree will find that there is no career advancement within the QCA.
pay, atmosphere
no career advancement
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
n/a
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Fayetteville, AR 7270324 oktober 2018
Hard to advance and management team over current job not trustworthy. Fast paced, little to no recognition for job well done. Expected to do several different jobs because of low manning.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
2,0
stressful, incompetent workers
Lead Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Denver, CO 8022023 oktober 2018
Management is a JOKE here. If you're good at your job you only get more work to make up for the incompetent workers. Supervisors and upper management have no idea what they are doing. The culture is bad. Patients are extremely rude. They don't discipline people who don't do their jobs, it's almost impossible to get fired from here. I can't stress enough how INCOMPETENT workers are here.
sick and annual leave
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Fast paced and stressful
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Casa Grande, AZ16 oktober 2018
Great team, decent management but you are expected to complete so much and not given the resources to complete the task. You are often given the job that should be split into 2 positions. Very stressful and always fast paced. Very fast burn out rate.
Pluspunten
Great benefits, decent pay, weekends off
Stressful, fast paced, expected to do job of 2
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Va Review Summary
MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (huidige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT16 oktober 2018
The DVA is a great place to work with many rewarding opportunities to give back to the Veterans who served us. While it can be stressful as a clerk taking the brunt of all complaints and attitude, I still find it rewarding. I love being able to wake up and make a difference in the lives to who gave and sacrificed for us as a nation.

The bad: Poor management: Leadership is willing to listen to issues/concerns, but do not act upon it to help and move forward with progression in those complaints/issues. Understaffed: Working short hours to get a ton of things done on top of clerical duties, with nobody being hired to help share the load and become a team instead of us just becoming individuals and becoming the I in team.

Overall, My experience as a Vet working for the VA has been rewarding and a growing/learning experience shifting from Active duty to civilian lifestyle. Just the bad outweighs the good here unfortunately.
Rewarding
Poor Management / Lack of Progress with changes
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Not enough work to do, would find things to do to keep busy
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Brockton, MA14 oktober 2018
I love serving the Veteran's, however my position as a Medical Support Assistant was not very demanding and I am not challenged enough. Would prefer a career where I am constantly learning and kept busy.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
2,0
A day at the VA
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  El Paso, TX11 oktober 2018
A typical day at work is managing the environment between the providers and patients. I have learned that most of the management lack personal skills when it comes to team building and individual assessments. There seems to be a high impact of favoritism between employees. The hardest part of the job is dealing and handling patient care especially when they become disruptive. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Everything was chaotic due to lack of organization.
ADVANCED MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ26 september 2018
Teams don't collaborate. There is not enough time during the workday to get all of your work done due to people constantly pulling you for other tasks.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 12NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Decent place if HQ would keep out
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Lubbock, TX 7941222 september 2018
We work well and solve any issues, When our higher headquarters sees our success, they get jealous instead of celebrate them. It is almost as if they don't want us to succeed.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 1Rapporteren
Review
Medical Support Assistant (MSA) (huidige medewerker) –  Neuropsychology and Memory Clinic20 september 2018
It's a great place for benefits and career if your trying to have a stable place to work. We do need to hire more staff because work load is stressful at time for employees.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9NeeRapporteren
Great Benefits
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Hines, IL19 september 2018
Great benefits
Good pay
Love working with the veterans
Able to combine my administrative knowledge with my clinical knowledge
Weekends off
Holidays off
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8Nee 1Rapporteren
Great for job security
Advanced Medical Support Assistant-Registration (huidige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA17 september 2018
There is a lot to learn both from the employees and the veterans. Also it is a pleasure being able to provide services to veterans. The work culture is exciting.
Discounts
health benefits
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Medical Support Assistant
Medical Support Assistant-Mental Health Nursing (huidige medewerker) –  Menlo Park, CA12 september 2018
The job is fine until you have maxed out your pay grade; then no matter how long you have been around no matter how OUTSTANDING you did your job no one wants you to advance because they want you at a level of expert to teach others around you. The only ones promoted are those that seem sniff under the supervisors and throw the hard working ones under the bus. After a while it gets old because you are not appreciated; instead the duties are piled on with a "I know you are capable attitude". More work but never more money. Just working those that work hard even harder but not helping with their cost of living that clearly effects the temperature and turn over rate of the position.
Pluspunten
Electronic Payroll Deduction, Set schedules, TSP and Annual Leave generation depending on your tenure.
Minpunten
Micro-Managing, Llack of boundaries in communication i.e. professional use of your personal phone
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
its okay
Supervisory Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Chattanooga, TN 3741122 augustus 2018
the red tape can be extremely frustrating. Inefficient processes. Redundant work in multiple applications. Managers are not held accountable for maltreatment of their employees.
Job security
Minpunten
managers can be unethical and unfair. Not reprimanded for actions.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Amsa
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Newington, CT8 augustus 2018
Traveled 150 miles round trip 5 days a week for three weeks for training. The traffic to West Haven was beyond bearable; same coming back. Got up at 4, left at 5 to arrive at 8. Trainers rollled in around 9, if at all. Then they would chat, get coffee, do everything except train. One nurse even showed us videos of her kid coming out of anethsethia, and told us all about her personal life life, including her online dating history. Then on to a 90 minute lunch, more bs, and then get sent home early, instead of at 4pm. Then a 3-4 hour drive home in rush hour traffic. The computer system is beyond comprehension. Open five pages on each of two screens. A second system has to be up as a backup, but goes down if not used frequently. Trying to take 60 calls per shift, everything from suicide calls, directions, general info, and booking appointments for both hospitals and all clinics throughout the state. Each clinic has different rules for booking, Each MD has different rules.Got to the job totally untrained, had a mentor who was either absent or grumpy, and on top of this, we were timed. As a veteran and a taxpayer, I find this disgusting and unacceptable.
Pluspunten
Pay, benefits and opportunity to assist veterans.
Minpunten
No training, no oversite of trainers, obsolete computer system.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 14Nee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag