Reviews voor Medical Support Assistant bij Department of Veterans Affairs

285 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 4.475 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Review
Medical Support Assistant (MSA) (huidige medewerker) –  Neuropsychology and Memory Clinic20 september 2018
It's a great place for benefits and career if your trying to have a stable place to work. We do need to hire more staff because work load is stressful at time for employees.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Great Benefits
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Hines, IL19 september 2018
Great benefits
Good pay
Love working with the veterans
Able to combine my administrative knowledge with my clinical knowledge
Weekends off
Holidays off
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Great for job security
Advanced Medical Support Assistant-Registration (huidige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA17 september 2018
There is a lot to learn both from the employees and the veterans. Also it is a pleasure being able to provide services to veterans. The work culture is exciting.
Discounts
health benefits
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Medical Support Assistant
Medical Support Assistant-Mental Health Nursing (huidige medewerker) –  Menlo Park, CA12 september 2018
The job is fine until you have maxed out your pay grade; then no matter how long you have been around no matter how OUTSTANDING you did your job no one wants you to advance because they want you at a level of expert to teach others around you. The only ones promoted are those that seem sniff under the supervisors and throw the hard working ones under the bus. After a while it gets old because you are not appreciated; instead the duties are piled on with a "I know you are capable attitude". More work but never more money. Just working those that work hard even harder but not helping with their cost of living that clearly effects the temperature and turn over rate of the position.
Pluspunten
Electronic Payroll Deduction, Set schedules, TSP and Annual Leave generation depending on your tenure.
Minpunten
Micro-Managing, Llack of boundaries in communication i.e. professional use of your personal phone
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
its okay
Supervisory Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Chattanooga, TN 3741122 augustus 2018
the red tape can be extremely frustrating. Inefficient processes. Redundant work in multiple applications. Managers are not held accountable for maltreatment of their employees.
Job security
Minpunten
managers can be unethical and unfair. Not reprimanded for actions.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Amsa
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Newington, CT8 augustus 2018
Traveled 150 miles round trip 5 days a week for three weeks for training. The traffic to West Haven was beyond bearable; same coming back. Got up at 4, left at 5 to arrive at 8. Trainers rollled in around 9, if at all. Then they would chat, get coffee, do everything except train. One nurse even showed us videos of her kid coming out of anethsethia, and told us all about her personal life life, including her online dating history. Then on to a 90 minute lunch, more bs, and then get sent home early, instead of at 4pm. Then a 3-4 hour drive home in rush hour traffic. The computer system is beyond comprehension. Open five pages on each of two screens. A second system has to be up as a backup, but goes down if not used frequently. Trying to take 60 calls per shift, everything from suicide calls, directions, general info, and booking appointments for both hospitals and all clinics throughout the state. Each clinic has different rules for booking, Each MD has different rules.Got to the job totally untrained, had a mentor who was either absent or grumpy, and on top of this, we were timed. As a veteran and a taxpayer, I find this disgusting and unacceptable.
Pluspunten
Pay, benefits and opportunity to assist veterans.
Minpunten
No training, no oversite of trainers, obsolete computer system.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 11NeeRapporteren
Good and Bad
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Livermore, CA6 augustus 2018
Its a nice place to work given the pay and benefits but when it comes to management its horrible. Also the politics that are within the VA is really bad and our Veterans do not get the treatment they deserve.
Great pay and benefits
Minpunten
Bad management and to may politics
Bedrijfscultuur
great to be amongst veterans
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Decatur, GA18 juli 2018
The pay isn't that great. My commute is pretty extensive. Other co workers don't like doing their job. The HR department isn't useful. I would like to get a bonus instead of the superiors getting them all the time.
great co workers
Minpunten
can get overwhelming at times and the pay doesnt accomodate for it.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Workplace is what you make of it
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  El Paso, TX12 juli 2018
Typical eight hour workday doing patient administrative duties. Great opportunity to be able to serve others and meet the needs of all patients assigned.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 10Nee 3Rapporteren
Great place to work.
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Ann Arbor, MI12 juli 2018
Enjoyed working and serving our veterans who gave so much toward the security and freedom of our great nation. Learned a great deal about the veterans.
Pluspunten
Overall, a good place to work.
Inadequate compensation
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Leeds, MA10 juli 2018
Steady pace of work lots of friendly people. Great benefits. enjoyed the patients and most staff. steady pay raises and cost of living increase. overall a great place to work.
benifits
a few bad managers
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Family Like
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Sacramento, CA9 juli 2018
I've worked in four different place in the course of five years. I have gained the trust and lifelong friendships with many that i have worked side by side with. There is a family culture in each place i have worked, co workers are awesome we support each other. I love working here, just wish there was more of advancement here that would allow me to utilize my skills on a regular basis.The hardest think i have endured is working under a supervisor that doesn't have the skills needed to direct the staff in a positive directions, using her "weight" to pull the unit assistants against one another just to be next inline for a promotion. I enjoy my interactions with even the most hardcore Veteran, before it's all over i am one of there favorite people. I have enjoyed the work the people and the opportunity. i am ready to utilize my medical assistant skill set to further my growth and become more of an asset.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
fast paced, multi task job
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Aurora, IL8 juli 2018
very fast paced, multi task job. The best part of this job is helping the veterans, the worst part is not getting acknowledged by upper management when you go above and beyond your job duties.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
No team work
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Tavares, FL29 juni 2018
I was a full time emp. for 17 yrs with 0 write ups with 0 suspensions that I know of, and was given the heaviest wk. load, & was forced to retire. A set up.
Pluspunten
No time card to punch in and out.
Health care.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
It is a secure place to work.
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (OA) (This (huidige medewerker) –  Kansas City, MO27 juni 2018
Daily high level of responsibility to multitask assignments as delegated with a minimal to no assistance. This includes but not limited to manning the phone calls, answering questions related to all clinics areas, communicating in writing reports, meeting deadlines according to policy, procedures, and protocol. Making sure that all patient is scheduled for clinics, consultations, procedures, f/u appointments knowing proper medical terminology, pay very close to details, communicate with staff in house or outside facilities, check demographics and insurances for accuracy and billing purposes. Receive reports on consults, 30 days unscheduled appt., clinic reports on return to clinic orders, missed opportunity reports, place orders for lodging, clinic cancellation reports, respond to My Healthy Vet , respond to Action Require Reports, respond to Text Messaging reports, manage time daily. Receive reports on consults, 30 days unscheduled appt., reminder calls report, missed opportunity reports, respond to My Healthy Vet reports, respond to Action Require Reports, respond to Text Messaging reports, print up daily assignments daily, manage time daily.
Great place to work.
Minpunten
Would like to be sponsered more in higher education other than Nursing.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Excellent
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL22 juni 2018
Great work environment and having the opportunity to provide service to the personnel of veteran hero's. Awesome place for growth and the staff are there to make a difference for the veteran.
Servicing Veterans
Minpunten
Not enough staff members to service the veterans.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Dallas VA Hospital
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX21 juni 2018
The over all work environment is great due to co-workers and out mentality of team work. However management is poor and sometimes causes a very hostile work environment.
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Syracuse, NY13 juni 2018
Being an MSA, I got to work closely with nurses and doctors everyday as well as interact with veterans.The workplace was mostly relaxed and slow paced with plenty of down time, but could also get busy as a moments notice. I learned a lot about people and how to communicate with different kinds of people. I also perfected a lot of phone skills and communication skills through using the phone and taking messages. I was mostly satisfied with the management I had, as they were mostly pretty hands-off and let their staff kind of manage themselves but were there if we had questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections with the staff that I worked with on a daily basis and being able to help veterans.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Summary
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Nashville TN8 juni 2018
A typical day working for the Department of Veterans Affairs is fairly fast paced. The management staff is competent and help out when they are needed. The job is rewarding and enjoyable as long as you remember why you are here. Which is to help veterans receive the best of care, and stay committed to that goal.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Good for management, a lot of obstacles for lower division employees
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  White City, OR6 juni 2018
I only recommend people work here who really want to help veterans and their families. I am not saying it is terrible, I am just saying that there are extremely hard obstacles to overcome. So, if you are up for a good obstacle and you are ready to take on a challenging work environment, then I would highly recommend this as a career, otherwise it is just an excuse to put a federal job on your resume.
Pluspunten
Set Schedule 8-4:30, you get to help Veterans and their families, fun events, full benefits, upward mobility (if you try).
Minpunten
Co-workers are very rude, older staff does not like new employees, more work done than you are paid for, no choice in how your day will go unless you are management, work follows you home occasionally, sometimes there are hostile patients, but that is wherever you go, Management will ask you for ideas and then shoot them all down, VERY high turnover rates, cut-throat.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag