Reviews voor Medical Support Assistant bij Department of Veterans Affairs

262 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 4.024 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Syracuse, NY13 juni 2018
Being an MSA, I got to work closely with nurses and doctors everyday as well as interact with veterans.The workplace was mostly relaxed and slow paced with plenty of down time, but could also get busy as a moments notice. I learned a lot about people and how to communicate with different kinds of people. I also perfected a lot of phone skills and communication skills through using the phone and taking messages. I was mostly satisfied with the management I had, as they were mostly pretty hands-off and let their staff kind of manage themselves but were there if we had questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections with the staff that I worked with on a daily basis and being able to help veterans.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Good for management, a lot of obstacles for lower division employees
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  White City, OR6 juni 2018
I only recommend people work here who really want to help veterans and their families. I am not saying it is terrible, I am just saying that there are extremely hard obstacles to overcome. So, if you are up for a good obstacle and you are ready to take on a challenging work environment, then I would highly recommend this as a career, otherwise it is just an excuse to put a federal job on your resume.
Pluspunten
Set Schedule 8-4:30, you get to help Veterans and their families, fun events, full benefits, upward mobility (if you try).
Minpunten
Co-workers are very rude, older staff does not like new employees, more work done than you are paid for, no choice in how your day will go unless you are management, work follows you home occasionally, sometimes there are hostile patients, but that is wherever you go, Management will ask you for ideas and then shoot them all down, VERY high turnover rates, cut-throat.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Department of Veterans Affiars
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Baltimore, MD6 juni 2018
The department of veterans is a very good place to work. I worked for many years an I love it, they people are very friendly and the pay is good. One of the highest paying hospitals in md
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
VA Hospital Admin
Advance Medical Support Assistant- (huidige medewerker) –  Fayetteville, NC2 juni 2018
benefits are great, face paced, need to have people skills, and patient to deal with vets, something is always changing, hard to move up, great job to have if u need to relocate to another state
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
n/a
Advanced Medical Support Assistant GS-06 (huidige medewerker) –  Henderson, NV1 juni 2018
Customer service and patience is a virtue. High turnover with some positions. AMSA's are just like front desk clerks. Management is good. Pay and benefits is well above the pay in the private sector. Time off is accrued bi-weekly and increases over time.
The va
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Spokane, WA 9920529 mei 2018
Government Job that allows for some upward mobility, however restricts once you are hired on. Hard standards on Promotion based on Time in grade.A good place to work, but hard to get ahead.
Lacks Professional Management
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (GS-6) (huidige medewerker) –  Asheville, NC 2880523 mei 2018
Lots of nepotism within the VA system. Poor management, can go weeks without seeing or hearing from a supervisor. Physicians greatly hinder clinic patient flow. HIPPA violations are rampant. Difficult to move up even with an undergrad and while working on a master's degree. Too many family members working at the same facility. Pay isn't balanced with workload.
Health Benefits
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great job but very poor management
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Lexington, KY23 mei 2018
Working at the VA as an MSA was an honor to serve the veterans. It's typically self-paced and self structured job where you schedule appointments and/or check in-out veterans.

HAS is a terrible service to work for though. Management will bully and retaliate when given the chance.
great benefits
bad management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Vamc
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Decatur, GA18 mei 2018
I plead the fifth. Nothing to say one way or the other. Go to work do your job and mind your business and go home. Show up on time. Don't misuse government time. It is a wonderful company to work for.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 2Rapporteren
Medical Support Assistant
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Northport, NY16 mei 2018
A typical day at work is helping eligible veterans register for healthcare. Answering phone calls, Setting up transfers from other hospitals. The hardest part of the job was the volume of work. The best part of the job was helping veterans. Great management.
Helping veterans
volume of work
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Career Opportunities
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Jackson, MS10 mei 2018
Opportunities for female employees at the Jackson VA Medical Center are great compared to other agencies in which I've worked. Females are given the opportunities to advance based on their knowledge, skills, abilities and education. Females holds to majority of top job positions at the Jackson VA. When selecting for candidates in top management positions, the decision to hire the gest candidate is not based on race, sex, color, or Military affiliation.
Overtime
Short Staffed
Medical Support Assistant, ED (huidige medewerker) –  Richmond, VA10 mei 2018
I have been employed with the Department of Veterans Affairs for 30 + years. I really enjoy working with the Veterans, and their families, ensuring that they are receiving all that they are entitled to administratively. Conversing with the veterans and listening to some of their stories. I worked in the Emergency Department for 12 + years. I think the hardest part was shift rotation.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Short lunch
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Fast-paced
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Hinesville, GA9 mei 2018
Check in patients. check out patients, make appointments. Order medicines. Print schedules, make phone call reminters to patients about upcoming appointmens.
Luncheons almost every month
A lot of changes
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
great benifits
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Ann Arbor, MI7 mei 2018
I have been here for 8 years. I love working with veterans and for the veterans. I plan on staying here until retirement, but wish to move up and obtain a different position.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Horrible management.
Advance Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  eugene, or7 mei 2018
By far the worst job I have ever worked. The job itself was great, coworkers and patients are amazing, but the management is the worst it gets. They lie, throw employees "under the bus" for their own mistakes. They implement programs that don't fully work and unnecessarily complicate the job. It is not veteran care based. All about the numbers, which the management skew.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Sad experience
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Green Bay, WI6 mei 2018
For a government job was dissatisfied with the work environment. Management is lost and provides no direction. The culture is back stabling and unprofessional.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
High pace
Medical Support Assistant GS-6 (huidige medewerker) –  Hammond, LA28 april 2018
Working at the Veterans Healthcare Administration is very rewarding. I have an opportunity to assist military veterans with their health benefits. It is very convenient to live and work in the surrounding area.
assisting veterans
review
Supervisor Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Georgia23 april 2018
I have worked at several facilities and I am finding out across the board something needs to be changed with these facilities. Need more actual leadership or new leadership
not enough staffing
Minpunten
benefits
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 11NeeRapporteren
Same as before
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Kansas City, MO22 april 2018
Helping Veterans get care out in the community. Assist with answer all questions they may have about their care. Process authorization and submit them to the provider they are scheduled with.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
great work enviroment
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  North Las Vegas, NV11 april 2018
As a Medical Support Assistant I enjoyed working for the Veterans Affairs Medical Center though the pay was low, great working environment, good supervisors and co-workers. Beautiful facility
great job
low pay
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag