Reviews voor Medical Support Assistant bij Department of Veterans Affairs

231 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
Great Environment
Medical Support Assistant - Contract (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL16 februari 2018
I enjoyed my time at the Department of Veteran Affairs. I was treated very well as an employee and it was wonderful to be able to work for the Veterans.
Resigned, under duress
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Colorado Springs, CO12 februari 2018
Chronically flawed management practices and policies that don't serve the employee or veteran. Attempts to address any issues within supervisory/management chain always ended in futility and frustration.
Benefits, job security
Minpunten
Frustration of working with grossly dysfunctional management/leadership
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Job Security
Lead Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Austin, TX9 februari 2018
The one thing about working for the Federal Government that everyone comes here for is Job Security.

However, the ceiling for advancement is VERY LOW... The hiring process is extremely slow and tedious. Advancement is based on answering questions not merit.
A goo place to work
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Colorado Springs, CO1 februari 2018
Everyone I work with is very well informed about their role in the VA. They made the transition from the civilian sector to the federal a smooth one. The team are just that; they are a team. Working with and for the veteran is an excellent way of repaying these brave men and women for sacrificing everything to allow me to have some semblance of freedom.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 4Rapporteren
Serving Vets
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Patient Services30 januari 2018
Serving my veterans. That is all i needed to say. The culture there for most is selfless and caring. It can be a tough job dealing with the bureacracy.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
No Advancement
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (MSA) (voormalige medewerker) –  Waco, TX 7671123 januari 2018
The VA offers no certain advancement. The Benefits are great for a family or single person. The Management is not very mindful of employees. The turnover rate is high and no room for advancement.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8Nee 1Rapporteren
Great experience
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Sacramento, CA18 januari 2018
Good place to work, however there isnt enough jobs created for advancement opportunities.
Need more Hands on training not just handed a few sheets of paper, they need to update their systems and employees need to be paid per knowledge of medical experience.
Great benefits
Not enough advancement jobs
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Lyons, NJ15 januari 2018
Work directly with veterans and help establish them into the VA medical system. Answer any questions patients may have and work closely with other departments.
Poor management
ADVANCED MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (huidige medewerker) –  Richmond, VA15 januari 2018
present manager with zero experience
no acknowledgment of job well done only acknowledged when a mistake is made
no opportunity for advancement
discrimination is encouraged
Pluspunten
benefits
Minpunten
poor management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
ping pong
Advance Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Eugene, OR14 januari 2018
they don't care how the employees are treated it is all about what the veteran wants not about the safety of the employees management are puppets and do what they are told to do rather it is right or wrong then they tell you that you need to change and forget what was just told to you do
great place to work
bad management like puppets
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
I love my job
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, NC11 januari 2018
I love my job I'm still here currently. I have been with the VA for 7 years and will continue to work for the VA. My job is fast paced and I enjoy what I do. I love helping people and I'm a people person. I'm just currently interested in a part-time job as well.
Pluspunten
Fat paced, pay is good, wonderful benefits and the veterans are great
I have none
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Rewarding Place to Give Back
Medical Support Assistant - TeleCare Scheduling (huidige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL9 januari 2018
Serving our nations veterans is an honor. The VA gets a lot of negative highlights but the truth is that it's an incredible resource to those who served.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
good
Advanced Medical Support Administrator (huidige medewerker) –  Fort Collins, CO3 januari 2018
This is a good place to work. great benefits, great coworkers, great patients. Have to have an open mind and love to help people and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Very fast paced environment
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Temple, TX1 januari 2018
Each day was busy as Veterans are in need of medical assistance on a constant basis. I enjoyed assisting them. It was a delight each day assisting them.
Assisting the Veterans
Short breaks
Bedrijfscultuur
Great job helping fellow veterans
Supervisory Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Seattle, WA1 januari 2018
The VA is a good place to work if you want to help our veterans. You will not get rich doing it but you can make a difference. However, it is a Federal office so it is constantly changing and constantly under budget restrictions.
Great job security
Constant change
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
You can't beat the benefits!
Lead Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Youngstown, OH1 januari 2018
Benefits and Job security are amazing. I love working with the veteran population since I myself am a veteran. The VA is constantly improving itself daily
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Good Place to Work
MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (huidige medewerker) –  Indianapolis, IN30 december 2017
I enjoyed my time at the VA. Helping my veterans with their health care needs, helped to keep me part of the military team. My Co-workers were all their to help the veteran, which was important to me. We had fun at work when we could, and worked when we needed to. Our job was to take care of our veterans and we did that with pride and without prejudice. The VA was a great place to work.
Great benefits
Busy and stressful
No words!
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX22 december 2017
I would not recommend this to anyone who truly values what integrity means and is, and not just merely hide behind a flag to SAY that they love and value veterans.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9Nee 1Rapporteren
Productive and stressful
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL21 december 2017
I joined this company for the patients and was aware of the reputation that came with this organization. But working there I can see why people as well as the patients have such a distaste for the organization. The accountability of the low/entry level as well as supervisors is next to nothing. Some of the employees and a good majority of the supervisors have no clue how to do the job that they are supposed to supervise. The fact I had to train a supervisor how to do the job is a bit pathetic in my view of things. Higher management plays favoritism in promotion and amongst employees. No one will accept the blame for the mistakes they made but instead pass the buck.
My position was stressful and the amount of work they require from you not from the clinic but your position isn't justified from the pay you receive. The providers you're under are great and understand your position so they work with you on matters. But there is a satisfaction from helping out patients which from everything I wrote above sometimes gets negated but helping out patients who know you're there for them. Time off accrual is great, you get a lot of holidays off, and benefits are good.
Time off
Minpunten
Short breaks, lack of accountability, poor management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
Dept of va
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Salisbury, NC14 december 2017
Working at the hospital was a challenge, but rewarding as well. However, I had to relocate because it was time for me to move out of that situation. Overall, had a great experience.
Pluspunten
paid time, discounts and military veteran benefits
Minpunten
pay did not match work load
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7Nee 1Rapporteren