Department of Veterans Affairs

Reviews voor Medical Support Assistant bij Department of Veterans Affairs

211 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
Respectfully decline!
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  West Haven, CT30 november 2017
In fairness to the limited number of Great Supervisors, I will decline to offer a honest review at this time to eliminate the possibility of them being included in a truthful review that will not reflect positively on them. I will say depending on the station, demographics each VA has a different experience...
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun place to work
Advanced Medical Support Assistant GS (huidige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA27 november 2017
A very humbling experience working with the homeless veterans. Being able to assist someone freshly off the street and watch them transform in front of your eyes and translation back into society really warms the heart.
Paid days off
Short staffed
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
good place
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Rochester, NY15 november 2017
Its not a bad place to work, but this area is mostly clinics and upward progression is limited. So if you are happy at the entry level its ok but if you want to grow you have to move to a larger facility
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Self paced
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Salem, VA15 november 2017
Great workplace with diversity. Self-paced. Excellent benefits. Excellent pay. Career advancement. Excellent paid time off. Closed on holidays. Occasional overtime.
medical support assistant
Medical/Program Support Assistant/Scheduler (voormalige medewerker) –  Denver, CO14 november 2017
good place to work. nice people in charge and the same with coworkers. I learned alot and would go back. They seemed to care about the coworkers and managers,
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
My wonderful work experiene
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA13 november 2017
My typical day is a very pleasant one, as a I am able to meet and greet veterans and show my love for all people. It can be very busy, but it is what I like as it makes time go fast. I have learned that working at the VA is totally different than working with the active duty and families. I have a greater respect as I see so many of the people who have given their life and freedom for us and now I am able to provide excellent service to each one that comes my way. The hardest part of the job is not being able to fully help when they need it the most, like with making appointments or being able to provide transportation so they can get to a much needed appointments as many of them do not have family and my heart breaks. I never realized how so many veterans are alone with no one to care or love them. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to bring a smile, or hold conversations with some of the veterans as majority of the time I may be the only one who will listen to them for that day.
pay
Bedrijfscultuur
Stressful work environment but good coworkers
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT9 november 2017
Department of Veteran Affairs is a great place to start if you need experience but the lack of job openings and career advancement with the long stressful work environment can take its toll.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
Worse place to work at
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  McAllen, TX7 november 2017
My experience is that management is always getting better positions and better salaries while entry level positions have no way to prosper and stay in the same position with no way to advancement. Yet they are the front line, they are in contact with the veterans every day. Where is management in all of this? That is the real question?
Great friendships
Poor management
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 9NeeRapporteren
Nepotism at its best
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Texas5 november 2017
Hiring practices are sketchy at best. HR hires members of their families, and friends. Job descriptions are written so narrowly that others cant apply.
Pluspunten
benefits
Minpunten
management, HR
Productive Work Environment
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL1 november 2017
When you work at VA, you will have a comfortable salary, comprehensive benefits and great work/life balance, just like the private sector. But, VA has something that no other health care system does: the opportunity to serve Veterans.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 9Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
job security is the best thing offered here
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Fort Worth, TX30 oktober 2017
I worked in the Medical Administration section of the VA and it was poorly managed with very low morale overall in the section. The existing negative reputation of the VA is enhanced via the "don't care" attitude of a vast majority of the employees. As a veteran, it pained me to work amongst co-workers who viewed their job simply as "a job" and no honest effort to help those who gave their all. There were many who, tried to make the system work however management and politics superseded common sense every time.

Every experience is different so I will say that working for the federal government had its benefits of offering job security and immediate health/life insurance upon hire.
Pluspunten
benefits
Minpunten
poor work culture, bad management
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 8Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
stressful work, supportive environment.
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Vancouver, WA30 oktober 2017
This is a very good place to work in any department. It can be very stressful at times, but a quick walk around the campus usually helps. My fellow employees were dedicated to helping veterans and supported each other in their efforts.
Working at VA Las Vegas
Lead Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Nevada29 oktober 2017
If you're patient, empathetic and have your priorities right; If you Love helping those who have served this great nation, and the family members of those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom; if you absolutely, will defend the rights of those who we promise to care for, this is the place for you. Please, Join us

Unfortunately, if you feel you can simply get by doing the bare minimum, or not being held accountable and management will overlook it, this is also the place for you. We have enough of those.
Good Benefits
Lack of Accountability
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Working with nurses
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Boston, MA26 oktober 2017
Very difficult for advancement opportunities. Applying for a job is not easy once you are employed. Veterans don't always get an interview. The job itself is not bad, fellow co workers do not do their job and nothing is done about it.
Typical
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO25 oktober 2017
The good thing is that they still offer a pension when most don't. Of course your day to day experience is dependent on the type of management you're under and department you're in.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Excellent Career Choice
Lead Medical Support Assistant Trainer (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL17 oktober 2017
This is one of the best career choices I have made. My co-workers are great and management actually care about it's employees. There is always room for growth.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4Nee 3Rapporteren
Advancement opportunity
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV16 oktober 2017
Giving back to our Military active , Veteran and their family is rewarding. The number one goal is to give the best to those who where and did sacrifice so much.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
Advancement
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY16 oktober 2017
I am an MBA student and will be graduating very soon. There are no room for advance where I can utilize my skills that I have learned to serve our veterans better.
hard to advance
Medical Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Durham, NC11 oktober 2017
some of the job positions you get are ones that you cannot advance in. therefore you are stuck at a paygrade until you leave the VA for another department.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 6Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Very exciting place to work
Medical Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Kansas City, MO10 oktober 2017
On a typical day I got to work with the veterans that served our country and risked their lives for our freedom. It was such a pleasing experience. During my 18 years of service to the hospital I learned patience, control of emotions, and a lot about many people and cultures. Management was good but definitely use some training in how to talk to their employees. The hardest part of the job was getting close to the patients and knowing their illnesses and watching them cope with their illnesses. and as I said the most enjoyable part was to be able to work with the veterans and appreciate what they have done for our country.
Working with the Veterans