Reviews voor Program Assistant bij Department of Veterans Affairs

139 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 4.204 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun workplace!
Supervisory Program Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA11 augustus 2018
Excellence place to work. Challenging work atmosphere with great associates to work with. Management cares about all the employees and encourages growth and opportunity for all.
Great benefits.
Can't think of any.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Support the Veterans
Program Support Assistant/Medical Support Asst (huidige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC25 juli 2018
I enjoy interacting with the Veterans and their families. Each veteran is unique in his/her own way. Being able to provide a listening ear and a smile can go a very long way.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX25 juli 2018
Working with veterans and giving them the satisfaction of appreciation is tremendous

The Department of Veterans Affairs focuses on middle management and should focus on employee morale and the mantra "ONE VA"
Interaction with veterans
Minpunten
poor management in critical areas
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
I loved it. You were told what the functions of the position entailed; it was expected that you perform the functions.
Program Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC20 juli 2018
I enjoyed the independent work environment and working directly with managers and scientists. The pay was good for a contract position and you worked well with manager of your program.
Pluspunten
Rewarding work environment; expectations were high from managers.
Minpunten
contract position; and insecure managers, uncomfortable with making decisions.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive work place environment and the opportunity of working with Veterans.
Credentialing Program Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  West Haven, CT11 juli 2018
My work schedule is basically reviewing a file for processing and verifying the information in Vetpro, once the applicant has completed the process for employment.
Discounts on stores
Minpunten
No room for advancement in certain departments
productive
Program Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Albany, NY6 juli 2018
good work place for and great benefits, military oriented, management is a great in my department, You get to learn a lot about benefits and what is available for veterans.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Extremely Stressful
Lead Program Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  North Little Rock, AR18 juni 2018
The structure is not what it could be, no chance to advance and overworked for little pay. Pay does not compensate the type and amount of work. There is no training for replacements and workloads are usually more than one person can handle for extended periods of time.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Va
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Long Beach, CA 9080511 juni 2018
Any government position is a great place to work. I will joyed my time with the VA hospital. Family atmosphere! Some management need manager / employee skills as there is a lot of favoritism that upper management close their eyes too.
Pluspunten
Great hours, govt benefits, pay is ok but could be better
Minpunten
Management has favoritism, management lack employee/manager skills, pay could be b tree for cost of living ( locality pay)
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
productive palace o work
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Golden, CO6 juni 2018
nice place to work with an exercise room for use by employees
co-ordinate repair actions with audiology clinics veterans and repair facilities on a daily basis
well defined work schedule
Minpunten
commute to and from work
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
should be better
Program Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Tucson, AZ4 juni 2018
all jobs should be better pay and benefits. all hearts are the to choose how and who to give it too. Most people like eating fruit and stables of all kinds of promotions.
Pluspunten
benefits
Minpunten
advancements
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 2Rapporteren
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX2 juni 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Veterans Affairs San Antonio, Audie Murphy Hospital. It was a fun group of people to work with. I worked with engineers and architects. There was always a project being built inside the hospital. I went on safety rounds to ensure the spaces were safe for the contractors who worked on the projects.
Pluspunten
Great group of people to work with. Paid time off 8 hours a month.
NONE
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Challenging and rewarding workplace
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Muskogee, OK30 mei 2018
Helping the Veterans and their dependents was very rewarding. There was always something to do to keep yourself occupied. Sometimes advancement was difficult due to the number of employees working there.
great people
Minpunten
sometimes mangement proved difficult to deal with
Love Working for Veterans
Program Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX26 mei 2018
The sole reason I took the job at the VA is to help fellow veterans. My management wanted me to post 56 hours of AWOL for a staff member even though he called in and I could not consciously do that. My supervisor was off that day but I still got written up for not doing what I was told to do. The particular staff member went to our LMR Department and the department was told they could not do that because staff member had called in. I couldn't continue to work for those type of people.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9NeeRapporteren
Great working environment
Supervisory Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Martinsburg, WV17 mei 2018
Coordinating daily with the medical/mental health staff was enjoyable. It is wonderful to work with a group of people who care about the health and welfare of our veteran population. Kudos to the working staff in Martinsburg, WV VAMC!
Bedrijfscultuur
Very high stress fast pace
Credentialing Program Assistant (AO) (voormalige medewerker) –  Temple, TX5 mei 2018
Most enjoyable part of my job was preparing the paperwork to be submitted to the Board for approval. There wasn't enough help so you were overworked and pushed to do more and more. I skipped breaks and lunch in order to help get things done timely. I always received a Bonus at the end of the year for my hard work. Everything must be thorough and perfect. The job wasn't hard just too much workload.
Bonus
too much workload
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Interesting but stressful work
PROGRAM SUPPORT ASSISTANT (huidige medewerker) –  Battle Creek, MI16 april 2018
I enjoy working for the vamc, but I feel it is poorly managed, there is a high turn over rate for inpatient mental health, the campus is nice and I do enjoy working with my coworkers
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 1Rapporteren
Great workplace
Program Support Assistant/Contractor (voormalige medewerker) –  Asheville, NC13 april 2018
Prepared and disbursed money owed to veteran patients for medical expenses. Reviewed medical claims to be submitted for reimbursements. Researched discrepancies and assisted clerk in public voucher program. Processed all Veteran requests and notices. Prepared public vouchers for processing, processed refunds reviews, pre-payments, claims matching, and rated eligibility. Collected, analyzed, and prepared data for processing and provided, clerical and technical support to CPAC operations. Performed review of First Party debt and adjusted First Party claims.
great workplace
parking
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Productive and fun
PROGRAM SUPPORT ASSISTANT/ENGINEERING (voormalige medewerker) –  Big Spring, TX5 april 2018
One of the best jobs I could have. I loved working with and for the veterans. Interacting with the veterans was amazing experience and would recommend this place to anyone.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 2Rapporteren
Stressful, Overworked Employees!
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  La Jolla, CA3 april 2018
Management lacks training! Work has tripled in the last 3 years and yet you are still expected to meet the same deadlines! Outdated responsibilities!!
Breaks, Vacations, Sick Days, OK pay, Work with other Vets if lucky
Not hiring enough Vets, Too much work for 1 person, Bad Management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Love working with the veterans
Program Support Assistant/Primary Timekeeper (huidige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX 7521617 maart 2018
In my current role as Program Support Assistant, I don't get to interact with our veteran population like I used to and I do miss that, but I also love assisting the people who help our veterans on a daily basis.

Thank you.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 3Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag