Reviews voor Program Assistant bij Department of Veterans Affairs

Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
productive
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX26 december 2017
Get the job done in a timely manner. Ask questions, stand your ground.
on the job training
quick advancement
school available to continue training
transition to anywhere job related
short hours
community environment to our veterans.
stay focus
never volunteer
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Working with Veterans
PROGRAM SUPPORT ASSISTANT (voormalige medewerker) –  Richmond, VA19 december 2017
As a widow of a fallen veteran, I love working with active and inactive soldiers. showing them that someone cares and appreciate their services in protecting our great country.
upset patients
Minpunten
learning additional skills for upper mobility
Flexible
Program Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA30 november 2017
Flexible hours and good amount of yearly leave. Jobs are very competitive and you have to apply along with the public to be considered for a promotion.
Pluspunten
Good benefits, flexible easy career path
Minpunten
No promotion potential and slow to no growth
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Good Overall
Program Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Peoria, IL29 november 2017
Good Overall lack of advancement opportunities forces many to seek other employment. The culture is positive and supports the overall mission of helping Veterans.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Career Advancement
Program Support Assistant OA (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX28 november 2017
When you work at VA, you will have a comfortable salary, career opportunities, comprehensive benefits and great work/life balance, just like the private sector. The opportunity to serve Veterans
Serving others
No complaints
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 3Rapporteren
Toxic Environment
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA 921618 november 2017
I am sure that other departments within the Department of Veterans Affairs is a great place to work and strive to excel. In the department I worked in it was a very toxic environment. Everyone in the section has been trying to leave to another section or department since they have been there. The leadership was very strict and had no room for flexibility.
Pluspunten
It is federal employment so you can retire, you can also buy back your active duty service if you do plan to retire from he federal government.
Minpunten
Short breaks, short lunches, no flexibility, parking situation sucks right now.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Great for Vets
Program Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL 3282724 oktober 2017
The VA is a wonderful place for vets to work as long as you are not too ambitious or money hungry. The wheels can churn slowly as far as advancement is concerned.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 6Nee 1Rapporteren
Program Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Brooklyn, NY24 oktober 2017
Working on the Director's staff was enjoyable. A great team to be a part of. Learned a lot about Strategic Planning while there. My boss was more of a mentor type and gave me many projects that challenged me and taught me more skills on how to work with upper level executives and other departments.

A relaxed atmosphere to work in and other staff were great. Like a family.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Admistrative work
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  San Juan, PR10 oktober 2017
All type of administrative work included customer service, purchasing, travel vouchers, payroll, filing all of manuals and update hospital regulatio
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 7Nee 1Rapporteren
Best career Path
Program Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL 3282726 september 2017
I'm a veteran so thats one of the reasons why I wanted to work for the Veterans Affair. It's nothing like still serving the veterans and putting smile on their faces.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
under educated managers who are unprofesional and rarely at work.
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Lakewood, WA24 september 2017
Management struggled with English speaking, and writing, underqualified to perform their job duties. Unprofessional in conduct, behavior, and demeanor. Took large amounts of time off for themselves but were uncompassionate about employee work life balance.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 10NeeRapporteren
great place to work
Program Support Assistant/ Office Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Lancaster, PA 176016 september 2017
The Department of Veterans Affairs has been around for a long time and has helped so many veterans and their families. they continuously show that they care.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Good place
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Albuquerque, NM24 augustus 2017
A place to grow in professional skills and upward positions available.
Enjoy helping veterans with health care needs. Often patients were very thankful for all the work done for their needs.
Great working environment
Minpunten
Not enough time in the day to complete task
Fun place to work
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV23 augustus 2017
Everyone worked together well. Always had different things to get done or different projects to be involved with. Recommend to anyone who was in the military and misses it !!!
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great people, great work.
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Middleton, WI5 augustus 2017
I enjoy the people I work with and the opportunity to help veterans. The only negative I can say is there is not a great career ladder, it is very difficult to move up through the years in this career field. I am looking to work in a warmer climate than Wisconsin.
Great people
Cold climate
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great atmosphere and great staff
Program Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Wheeling, WV9 juli 2017
My typical day working for the Department of Veterans Affairs consisted of me basically making a disgruntled veterans that walked into my office, a non disgruntled and much happier veteran.
working with veterans
Minpunten
not enough hours in the day
Was deze review nuttig?JaNeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Developed material for supervisor and provided support to patient advocate in the field office with patient inquires.
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC5 juli 2017
Addressed Complaints passed through the Board of Veterans Appeals Management and Administration hotline.

Learned the importance of veterans serving our country.

The hardest part of my job was learning and hearing about the impact of veterans life serving our country.

The most enjoyable part of my job knowing that I providing outstanding service, and was able to calm a situation when a veteran wasn't getting the help that he needed.
Helping veterans
PSA postion
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL7 juni 2017
A typical day consist of; trouble shooting calls, Reminder calls, and data entry for three different programs. I learned how the Telehealh program works. The hardest part of the job was the amount of time in front of the computer.
Pluspunten
Being able to earn paid time off
Minpunten
Advancement in some departments is scarce
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
Very help co-workers
Program Support Assistant (NPWE) (huidige medewerker) –  Columbia, SC24 mei 2017
A typical day consist of updating the daily attendance roster, ensure all the appropriate forms the Legal Assistant Specialist use are fully stocked, all printers are operating properly, any administrative is completed. Check emails from the work at home Legal Assistant Specialist, print out the documents and prepare them properly for the mailroom. Conduct inventory of supplies and prepare the necessary forms to order all shortages need in the National Call Center.
Pluspunten
relaxed wook enviroment, good hours, helping Veterans
N/A
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 11Nee 2Rapporteren
Needs dedicated professionals
Pathways Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA21 mei 2017
Needs dedicated professionals who care about the employees and not just the paycheck. There are many great nurses in the hospital, but the atmosphere can seem a bit harsh at times.
awesome employees and patients
Minpunten
lack of communication and compliments to staff
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 3Rapporteren