Reviews voor Program Assistant bij Department of Veterans Affairs

126 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 3.904 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Great working environment
Supervisory Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Martinsburg, WV17 mei 2018
Coordinating daily with the medical/mental health staff was enjoyable. It is wonderful to work with a group of people who care about the health and welfare of our veteran population. Kudos to the working staff in Martinsburg, WV VAMC!
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Interesting but stressful work
PROGRAM SUPPORT ASSISTANT (huidige medewerker) –  Battle Creek, MI16 april 2018
I enjoy working for the vamc, but I feel it is poorly managed, there is a high turn over rate for inpatient mental health, the campus is nice and I do enjoy working with my coworkers
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Great workplace
Program Support Assistant/Contractor (voormalige medewerker) –  Asheville, NC13 april 2018
Prepared and disbursed money owed to veteran patients for medical expenses. Reviewed medical claims to be submitted for reimbursements. Researched discrepancies and assisted clerk in public voucher program. Processed all Veteran requests and notices. Prepared public vouchers for processing, processed refunds reviews, pre-payments, claims matching, and rated eligibility. Collected, analyzed, and prepared data for processing and provided, clerical and technical support to CPAC operations. Performed review of First Party debt and adjusted First Party claims.
great workplace
parking
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Productive and fun
PROGRAM SUPPORT ASSISTANT/ENGINEERING (voormalige medewerker) –  Big Spring, TX5 april 2018
One of the best jobs I could have. I loved working with and for the veterans. Interacting with the veterans was amazing experience and would recommend this place to anyone.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 2Rapporteren
Stressful, Overworked Employees!
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  La Jolla, CA3 april 2018
Management lacks training! Work has tripled in the last 3 years and yet you are still expected to meet the same deadlines! Outdated responsibilities!!
Breaks, Vacations, Sick Days, OK pay, Work with other Vets if lucky
Not hiring enough Vets, Too much work for 1 person, Bad Management
Bedrijfscultuur
Love working with the veterans
Program Support Assistant/Primary Timekeeper (huidige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX 7521617 maart 2018
In my current role as Program Support Assistant, I don't get to interact with our veteran population like I used to and I do miss that, but I also love assisting the people who help our veterans on a daily basis.

Thank you.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 3Rapporteren
great benefits
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL26 februari 2018
During my 34-year tenure as a Federal civilian employee with the National Institutes of Health and the Surgery Section at the James A Haley VA Hospital, my duties included secretarial and program support positions, and involved procurement, utilization review, timekeeping, clinic management and patient appointments.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 3Rapporteren
Very good
Program Assistant, Federal Government (huidige medewerker) –  1 Archives drive, room 10220 februari 2018
The Department of Veteran Affairs was very professional as to evaluate to see if each candidate meet the qualification to assist veterans with their claims
Pluspunten
Paid holidays and sick leave
lack of resources
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Work place
Program Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Columbia, SC19 februari 2018
Work with various government applications in a professional environment. Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a great work environment.
Chance to move forward
Reasonable Accommodation
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Love my co-workers
Program Support Assistant (PSA), Purchase Care (voormalige medewerker) –  Jackson, MS 392168 februari 2018
Enjoyed working for this this agency working with the veterans. I felt needed. Made sure the veterans were taken care off in a timely manner because most of the care I assisted with was for citizen seniors.
days off
short staffed
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
productive
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX26 december 2017
Get the job done in a timely manner. Ask questions, stand your ground.
on the job training
quick advancement
school available to continue training
transition to anywhere job related
short hours
community environment to our veterans.
stay focus
never volunteer
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Working with Veterans
PROGRAM SUPPORT ASSISTANT (voormalige medewerker) –  Richmond, VA19 december 2017
As a widow of a fallen veteran, I love working with active and inactive soldiers. showing them that someone cares and appreciate their services in protecting our great country.
upset patients
Minpunten
learning additional skills for upper mobility
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Flexible
Program Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA30 november 2017
Flexible hours and good amount of yearly leave. Jobs are very competitive and you have to apply along with the public to be considered for a promotion.
Pluspunten
Good benefits, flexible easy career path
Minpunten
No promotion potential and slow to no growth
Good Overall
Program Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Peoria, IL29 november 2017
Good Overall lack of advancement opportunities forces many to seek other employment. The culture is positive and supports the overall mission of helping Veterans.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Career Advancement
Program Support Assistant OA (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX28 november 2017
When you work at VA, you will have a comfortable salary, career opportunities, comprehensive benefits and great work/life balance, just like the private sector. The opportunity to serve Veterans
Serving others
No complaints
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 3Rapporteren
Toxic Environment
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA 921618 november 2017
I am sure that other departments within the Department of Veterans Affairs is a great place to work and strive to excel. In the department I worked in it was a very toxic environment. Everyone in the section has been trying to leave to another section or department since they have been there. The leadership was very strict and had no room for flexibility.
Pluspunten
It is federal employment so you can retire, you can also buy back your active duty service if you do plan to retire from he federal government.
Minpunten
Short breaks, short lunches, no flexibility, parking situation sucks right now.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Stressful Work Environment
Program Support Assistant (Human Resources) (voormalige medewerker) –  Charleston, SC7 november 2017
Pay and Benefits are equivalent to the rest of the federal government. The Charleston, SC location of the DVA is very management centered and not too much time or thought is really given to employees. Work-life balance is not respected.
Pay & Benefits
Management, Work-life balance, Employee Care
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 14NeeRapporteren
Great for Vets
Program Support Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL 3282724 oktober 2017
The VA is a wonderful place for vets to work as long as you are not too ambitious or money hungry. The wheels can churn slowly as far as advancement is concerned.
Program Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Brooklyn, NY24 oktober 2017
Working on the Director's staff was enjoyable. A great team to be a part of. Learned a lot about Strategic Planning while there. My boss was more of a mentor type and gave me many projects that challenged me and taught me more skills on how to work with upper level executives and other departments.

A relaxed atmosphere to work in and other staff were great. Like a family.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Admistrative work
Program Support Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  San Juan, PR10 oktober 2017
All type of administrative work included customer service, purchasing, travel vouchers, payroll, filing all of manuals and update hospital regulatio
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7Nee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag