Reviews voor Registered Nurse bij Department of Veterans Affairs

123 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 4.478 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Horrible dysfunctional management
Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Cape Coral, FL4 september 2018
Management concentrates on picky details while forgetting the big overall picture - they are puniative and child like. On the way to being privatized.
Pluspunten
Salary and benefits and work hours
Minpunten
Horrible managent - particularly in nursing
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Challenging, fast paced environment
Registered nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Augusta, ME 0433013 augustus 2018
Typical Day may include, but is not limited to:
*checking-in patients including VS, medications, chief complaint, & health reminders.
*Follow up with 3-4 patients on HTN, DM, Med. changes with education provided
*Assessment of walk-in patients & fielding to appropriate care
*Telephone triage and follow-ups care
*Chaperoning portions of physical exams
*Sorting paperwork from outside providers for physicians
* Follow up on tests and results from outside providers

I learned to multitask, organize and prioritize my time.
Most enjoyable was working with the veterns.
Great co-workers
Always short staffed
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
Job Review
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Biloxi, MS23 juli 2018
Loved taking care of our veterans.
Excellent compensation and benefits. Tons of opportunity for career advancement.
Competitive salary.

However, always understaffed. More focused on collection of data via charting than provided enough hands-on staff to care for our veterans better.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Miserable place to work
RN (voormalige medewerker) –  Martinsburg, WV16 juli 2018
Terrible middle and senior management. Uptight nurses and managers engaging in childish bullying behavior which drives out great nurses and leaves incompetence in their place. There are certainly great staff at the VA caring for our nations veterans, but it was not my experience. If you are an RN, lay low and try not to say anything to anyone for 2 years.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
bullying
stable employment
Staff Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Biloxi, MS9 juli 2018
Benefits were great. Management could use an upgrade. all in all had a wonderful experience helping the nations veterans. I wouldn't trade the experience.
benefits, stability
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Would not recommend
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  East Orange, NJ24 juni 2018
Care Manager East Orange NJ. Would not recommend. The management and upper management is poor. There is no room for advancement even if you have your Master's degree. If you have only your Bachelor's you will be at the bottom of the ladder and will not be able to advance and will be required to have the Master's degree. You are not vested in the pension unless you have been there 5+ years.
There is a 2 year probation period.
The manager's will write you up for minor mishaps without any coaching on their end yet they will promote themselves at the expense of their staff.
The benefits are good if you can stick out working at a mundane job for an extended period of time.
It is not a place for professional nurses.
Pluspunten
benefits
Minpunten
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 19NeeRapporteren
Ok place to work
Intermittent Registered Staff nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Bedford, MA23 juni 2018
It's an alright place to work
Management is poor
Benefits are great
You fight your own battles
Old eat the new
Staffing, staff to patient is great making work easier
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
it was fun
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK12 juni 2018
Learn a lot of skills. Enjoyed working with the soldiers and try to help them be independent. I enjoyed the staff and wonderful employees there. They are positive and helpful
Meeting soldiers
It was too far to drive
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7Nee 1Rapporteren
Nursing
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL30 mei 2018
Department provided good teamwork and professional working environment. Provided encouragement to obtain additional job related education. Provided opportunities for growth in education.
Team work
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
great place
RN (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Meade, SD26 april 2018
Very difficult to get into the VA. It is a small, cliquey environment. Many days are filled with meetings with no time to work. Management is changing however, and may be promising to move the VA forward and eliminate stagnicity.
pay
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 12NeeRapporteren
description of teamwork
Staff RN (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL29 maart 2018
The job include flexibility, job security, and an atmosphere of team work from all staff members of secretary, nurses, and physicians. I enjoyed teaching the patients how to use mechanical equipments.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Unscheduled appointmens
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8Nee 3Rapporteren
great lerning experience
Veteran Centered Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Hampton, VA27 maart 2018
Most time it is busy. Management is fair in decision making. Work environment is diverse and it is a non hostile environment. Work load could be overwhelming at time.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 10Nee 1Rapporteren
Review for VA
Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Med/surg21 maart 2018
Depending on the unit, can be slow paced. Will lose critical care skills. I have learned the physicians are reactive, not proactive. Management is concerned with a number scale for staffing without acuity considerations. Writing up coworker, physicians and other staff is a priority for workers unfortunately. There is not staff to staff problem solving skills. High school may best describe the environment. No short/long term disability available. Many days of no lunches and unwillingness to pay overtime if necessary to protect your license. The positive aspect is more paid holidays than other medical facilities.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 21NeeRapporteren
VA West Haven
Registered Nurse G4W (voormalige medewerker) –  West Haven, CT9 maart 2018
I enjoyed working at the West Haven VA on G4W. I learned a lot, amazing patient population. Great nurse manager. It was my first nursing job. Good team work. Down side, a lot of complete care patients and heavy lifting.
Pluspunten
great pay and generous vacation and sick time
heavy lifting
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 1Rapporteren
productive and loyal
Staff Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Dallas texas8 maart 2018
Amazing place to work. Provides great care to Veterans. veterans feel they are appreciated here. The benefits are excellent. Work hours are flexible. Centralized location.
awesome benefits
Minpunten
Buildings could use a makeover
Love working for the VA
RN (huidige medewerker) –  Reno, NV4 maart 2018
I have worked as an RN for the VA multiple states and specialty areas. It is a great place to work with fair wages and excellent benefits. I feel my work load is fair and I have the needed tools to do my job. I get along well with my coworkers. I feel my supervisor is available to me for any needs. I am proud to Serve those who have Served.
Pluspunten
wages, benefits, job security, peers
Minpunten
takes a long time for the interview and hiring process
Poor management, amazing co-workers
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Altoona, PA22 februari 2018
Management on the CLC very poor, fear based management system, guilty until proven innocent. Not able to transfer to other positions easily or at all. Lots of mandatory overtime. You can be mandated to work 16 hours then are expected to return within 8 hours for the next shift. No 12 hr shifts, all 8 hr shifts with mandatory overtime thrown in. You feel like you live there.
Pluspunten
Vacation time, benefits, discounts, co-workers
Minpunten
Mandatory overtime, can't use your vacation time when you want, seniority system for vacation, management poor and quick to blame and use floor employees as scapegoat.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 11Nee 1Rapporteren
Rewarding and challenging
Night shift Staff Nurse in Domiciliary and PTSD (huidige medewerker) –  Fort Thomas, KY22 februari 2018
It is a great place to work. Rewarding to care for fellow Veterans
that have served our country. Unfortunately some individuals have been here so long they take duties for granted and it seems challenging at best to get rid of or hold such individuals accountable.
pay, benefits
Poor accountability
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
great benefits
Registered nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Lexington, KY20 februari 2018
A great place to work simply because it allows me to give back to my nation's hero's. Otherwise, management is difficult to work with. They refuse to allow you advancement within the company. Personally, they made it very impossible for me to work and go to school, therefore forcing me to quit, losing 10 years of seniority in this company.
the mission
Minpunten
management, no ability for advancement
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Just don't do it
Staff RN - Care Coordination (voormalige medewerker) –  Memphis, TN10 februari 2018
Toxic culture, many of the managers are crooked and it is very political they do what ever it takes for them to bonus without regard to veterans or human life.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 16Nee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag