Reviews voor Registered Nurse bij Department of Veterans Affairs

95 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
Poor pay/benefits
PACT RN (huidige medewerker) –  California27 november 2017
Poor management, bad compensation, loved helping our nation's hero's. Short staffed for nurses, management doesnt care how much work you do as long as you get it done. No overtime paid
Good time off
Great pay, but corrupt
Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Brockton, MA15 november 2017
As a veteran I get good care at the VA, but as an employee you are treated less than human. There is racism, bullying, discrimination and no one blinks an eye.
Pay, Benefits
Corrupt to the core
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 10NeeRapporteren
Typical day at work
Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Hampton, VA28 oktober 2017
The culture of the VA was different than any other company that I have been employed. The environment was typically stressful and there is room for improvement.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 13NeeRapporteren
Great place for stability
Staff Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Hinesville, GA23 oktober 2017
Culture is what you make of it; if you put in the time and effort, you will achieve what you want within the system. Sometimes you just have to accept although you get the position you want, it may not be where you wanted in terms of geography.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4Nee 4Rapporteren
Great mission
Registered nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Lexington, KY17 oktober 2017
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my veterans. I had to however, leave my position after 10 years of service in the VA because upper level management would not work with me while I advanced my degree.
great benefits
no room for advancement
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 16NeeRapporteren
Workplace culture
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Gainesville, FL3 oktober 2017
Horrible management and leadership. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of disabled veterans from all branches of military. the hardest part of the job is promoting change.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 15Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Multicultural work environment with a great team of health care employees who care for the veterans.
RN (huidige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX27 september 2017
I enjoy working in this facility. My day at work starts at 0730 with shift huddle followed by bedside shift report, patient assessment, medication administration, documentation, meeting with families and multidisciplinary teams, and other routine works. As the day progresses, I take care of admissions of new patients and discharging patients. These are some of the events over the course of a typical day.

I would describe my current workplace culture as multicultural, with people of numerous cultures work together to make a wonderful working environment.

The hardest part of my job is the commuting issues from Fort worth to Dallas. The times of train services have changed recently, which has made my commuting to work difficult.

I work with a great team of people who care for the veterans who served and protected their nation.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 8Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
satisfying work as a nurse
RN Care Coordination Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX6 september 2017
schedule home care and hospice for all veterans from Austin to Laredo. I receive orders from the physician, review insurance eligibility and then find an agency willing to take the patient for the services ordered
onl 30 min lunch
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Best place I've worked
Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Patient Care3 september 2017
Best pay and work environment I've had in my 25 years, you are treated as a professional It's not perfect but is doesn't suffer any problem not found elsewhere.
No micromanagers
perks not allowed
great place to work
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA23 augustus 2017
Great benefits! It was a great place to work. No one is more worthy of great care than our Veteran's and that seemed to be at the heard of the VA health system.
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
RN (huidige medewerker) –  Memphis, TN4 augustus 2017
Culture shock compared to civilian hospitals. Can be a great deal of fun as you work with nearly as many vets as you care for. NOT for withering violets - must be as sturdy & stubborn as a weed. Outstanding benefits. No scrub restrictions is a plus. Learn a lot about PTSD that you probably never knew. Management EXTREMELY corrupt - retaliation a given. NEVER speak with ANY member of management without a witness. There are at least 10 recognized holidays,depending on the year, with double pay if you work them, 8 hr regular pay if you choose to be off.
Autonomy / Benefits / Patients / Ability to have fun
Management / Corruption / Administration / Retaliation
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 29NeeRapporteren
excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Bradenton, FL30 juli 2017
Busy but stimulating and it is gratifying helping veterans.
I am very privileged to work the veterans affairs caring for men and women who given their lives to our nation.
job
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
High Risk and Very Toxic environment
Staff RN (voormalige medewerker) –  Togus VA29 juli 2017
Worked here for many years, and continually witness downhill progression in management. Creating a very toxic and low moral. Can only move up if you are related or friends with management. Very unclean envioronment. They hire unqualified management, which are uaually friends or aquaintances. They are continually understaffed, and have no respect for your license. Nurses are not recognized as professionals. With my excellent reputation, this is to risky for my future. The only conforting thing about the VA are the Veterans!!!!!!! The upper officials outside of the VA, need to interview staff for the truth!!!!!
Pay and Benifits
management
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 25Nee 1Rapporteren
Miserable everyday
RN, BSN (huidige medewerker) –  Indiana19 juli 2017
Short staffed daily. If you want to keep your skills as a nurse DO NOT come here. At this VA they will not let you work to the highest of your license. I am lost for words regarding management. Watch and cover your back at all times. Work place culture. It is who you know not your skill set. People get away with murder remember it's who you know. Hardest part of the job not being able to do your job correctly, with support, equipment, and so on. If you believe it is better to be proactive forget about that. It won't happen. The management will Not support you in any way. It IS ALL ABOUT THE NUMBERS AND WHAT IS IN THE PAPER. MANAGEMENT GETS THERE BONUS OF THE EMPLOYEES BACK. THE BEST THING ABOUT THE JOB is the VETERANS!!!!!!! Know that you have been able to care for them and helped them in some type of way.
The patients
No breaks no support
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 23Nee 3Rapporteren
Honor and Privilege
RN (huidige medewerker) –  Nashville, TN4 juli 2017
It is an honor and a privilege to have the opportunity to serve America's Heroes.
There are no typical days at work as each day is filled with new challenges and opportunities.
I have learned that I will never judge you for who you are as I will never know who you have been.
Workplace culture varies widely. The cardiac cath lab, where I have spent most of my time at the VA, is a highly motivated and patient oriented team of individuals who routinely go above and beyond to meet the needs of their patients.
Leadership at the VA is frequently in flux which leads to some inconsistencies in the day to day activities and workloads of staff.
Pluspunten
Providing care for this patient population
Minpunten
Frequent leadership changes, cultural silos
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Patients are the only positive.
RN (huidige medewerker) –  Grand Junction, CO3 juli 2017
Complete Management revamp and mandatory progressive leadership training is needed ASAP. Needs more oversight. Promotions need to be approved by a National Board.
Patients
Mid Management
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 14NeeRapporteren
why does it ot
Registered Nurse (RN) (huidige medewerker) –  Buffalo, NY26 juni 2017
Why does it not meet the review quality I thiknk that this is a pain in the butt and that I should not have to do this it is a waste of time and I dont have
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 12Rapporteren
Good pay
Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX20 juni 2017
Very patient focused, employees friendly. Has high tolerance for misbehaved employees. To many position to go through in case of an issue. Love being a part of the group.
Room for growth
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4Nee 4Rapporteren
Not so good
Staff RN (voormalige medewerker) –  W Los Angeles, CA15 juni 2017
I love my job, my patients and most of my coworkers. However, poor nurse retention here speaks for itself. Nurses don't get incentives and awards for achieving certification such as CNOR, ICU and other specialty certifications are not recognized hence new leadership doesn't maintain the award program and doesn't want to pay. Promotion here is a slow process that takes evaluations that you have to write yourself to show you deserve a step increase. Your performance and your experience in the field is not a decisive factor b/c you can be lazy but write a good evaluation and be promoted - seen it happen too many times. Most of all, the leadership is grown ignorant and complacent to make any positive changes in order to retain staff here. How can you provide good patient care without the experienced staff such as nurses??? Apparently, the system is blind and/or don't care about our patients!.
The nurse board here is a joke, people in nurse recruitment loose more nurses than they can hire!
There are frequent problems with supplies.
The pay here is not competitive so you will get lesser pay than other none-VA hospitals. The VA system is not designed for efficiency and staff retention, and without these too important factors, it's nearly impossible to provide good patient care, quality penitent care to our nations' veterans, one of whom I am as well.
Pluspunten
If you're veteran, your mil serivce applies toward your retirmnt.
Minpunten
Little pay. Also, working short staffed menas no breaks and low moral.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 23Nee 2Rapporteren
Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO7 juni 2017
Room to grow and great benefits If you can get along with various personalities and do your job, its a great place. I never had any problems. It is somewhat unorganized, but as long as your keep what you need together, it's doable.
insurance, pay, vacations