Reviews voor Registered Nurse bij Department of Veterans Affairs

135 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 4.778 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Not a happy place to work.
RN Staff Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  North Carolina6 februari 2019
The culture is dismal. Staff is undervalued. Leadership is dishonest. The computer system/EMR is horribly outdated and a barrier to efficient, safe care delivery.
Pluspunten
Pay and benefits are good.
Minpunten
Bad leadership, oppressive work environment, antiquated computer system
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7Nee 1Rapporteren
Benefits can't be beat
Registered Nurse (RN) (huidige medewerker) –  Cleveland, OH31 januari 2019
I like the benefits that the VA has. The VA also has retirement plan. There is no fee to park in the employee garage. I like the electronic charting. I love serving the veterans.
Good work environment
No flexibility in hours
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Horrible management. Terrible bullying.
RN (voormalige medewerker) –  Vancouver, WA6 januari 2019
Not a place for anyone with ideas, enthusiasm, or a desire to provide the best patient care possible. Nurses who have been there for years sit at the desk playing games on their phones all day, managers are AWOL evenings, weekends, and holidays. Nurses and even CNAs bully coworkers, support staff and even patients. Management is aware, but never does a thing to stop the bullying problem. Good people leave in seek of better management and more supportive coworkers. Complacency and doing the minimum are the status quo. And if you are motivated or enthusiastic the clique of long-time burnouts who have been there forever and want to do as little as possible will eat you alive and make every day miserable until you quit.

A great place to learn if you are a new nurse, but get out after a year.
Pluspunten
Good place to learn, paid vacation, paid holidays
Minpunten
8 hou shifts require 5 days a week of full time=horrible work/life balance, bullying, awful management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 11NeeRapporteren
Same Nurse Professional Standards Board
RN (voormalige medewerker) –  Big Spring, TX20 december 2018
The Nurse Professional Standards Board decides your salary. There are 2 or 3 nurses that have been on this same board for over 20 years. One of them I knew from previous employment at another facility before either of us began work at the VA.
I have been an RN for almost 30 years, worked very hard to gain lots of experience at different hospitals, and in different areas of the hospital. When I applied at the VA, I was shocked that after spending hours gathering documentation and entering it all into their gigantic application; and after a grueling telephone interview with a very unqualified interviewer, to discover I would be making more than $13,000 less than the lowest stated rate of pay, despite all my years of experience. I would be making about the same as a new LVN. When I asked the HR director how this could be, that is when I discovered that a group of nurses had decided my pay rate. If I had known this, I wouldn't have even bothered spending countless hours gathering required documentation and entering it into the system. Ridiculous. After about a year, I left for a better paying job. Fast forward 6 years. I decided to apply for yet another job at the same VA facility, in hopes of the pay being fair this time, only to discover I would be offered the exact same amount as the last time. I also discovered that the same nurse was on the 'board' that decides pay rates. This is not a professional standards board at all, but rather a chance for a contemptuous nurse to decide my pay and influence the others on this 'board' to offer a ridiculously low pay rate once again.
  meer... Other nurses with even less experience were making more than $20,000 over my pay rate. But there is nothing you can do about it. You would think that these nurses would be rotated out and others offered a chance to be on this review board, but unfortunately, that is not the case. The shame of it is, I am an excellent nurse and I bring lots of experience to the table, and I was so so excited to work at the VA and with the veteran population and give back to the brave men and women who served our country, I just wasn't offered that opportunity because I needed to be paid for my years of hard work and dedication. Instead, the same contemptuous nurse still resides on the 'board' that decides my pay fate. So, there you have it.
The manager of the area I was assigned, although nice, was poorly prepared to manage certain duties, and thus did not do so very well. I am certain that she was making a good deal of money for it though.
  minder
Working with veteran population
Poor salary despite experience
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 17Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Good
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Martinez, CA13 november 2018
Good place to work. Great benefits. Thrift Savings plan with 1-1 matching. FSA pre-tax. Sick and vacation times and COLA benefits. Management works well with their employees.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
This is a great place to have a long term career.
Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Denver, CO13 november 2018
I love taking care of our Veterans, and have had great career advancement opportunities at the VA. I have been promoted, and also received a scholarship for my BSN.
Pluspunten
The benefits are amazing and unbeatable.
Minpunten
There is not the shift flexibility that the private sector has.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 10Nee 4Rapporteren
Poor care
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC 200111 november 2018
12 hour shifts
Workplace is cut throat with scant educational and management support. Nurses usually provide primary nursing. Compressed work schedule and federal benefits best aspects
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 16NeeRapporteren
3,0
Overall okay
Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Buffalo, NY27 oktober 2018
Has helped me with my career overall. A good resume builder, management is awful, pay is awful, staffing is inadequate, benefits are not as great as you would think as they changed the retirement system a few years ago. Great for a new nurse to build nursing skills.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8Nee 1Rapporteren
Fun and Loving work place
REGISTERED NURSE (huidige medewerker) –  Biloxi, MS 3953110 oktober 2018
Work for the VA is a wonderful experience. I love take care of the veterans and making sure they feel like they are home. Our goal at the VA to take care of the veterans as they serve for our country.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 2Rapporteren
Horrible management!!!
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL25 september 2018
A place where I lost most skills, lacked autonomy, and was guided by residents who had recently finished their basic training. Only a handful of attendings had a bit of knowledge. There existed little comradery between the different shifts, days vs. nights. Usually, the weakest nurses would try to outdo the ones with more knowledge by badmouthing them in front of doctors and managers. Management seemed nonexistent. When patients did poorly, usually due to poor medical care or preexisting conditions, the nurses were blamed for the matter. The hardest part of the job was trying to get patients to survive where there existed such lack of knowledge all around. Only a few nurses really knew and understood the concept of good patient care. On a rare occasion, a well-trained resident from Jackson would be on duty. A plus included the supervisors who didn't disturb the staff like they do in other hospitals. Floating all over the hospital, while short-staffing the home unit, was a big problem.
Benefits and salaries.
Too much favoritism!!!
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 21NeeRapporteren
Horrible dysfunctional management
Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Cape Coral, FL4 september 2018
Management concentrates on picky details while forgetting the big overall picture - they are puniative and child like. On the way to being privatized.
Pluspunten
Salary and benefits and work hours
Minpunten
Horrible managent - particularly in nursing
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9NeeRapporteren
3,0
Its reasonable
Staff Nurse Post-Surgical unit (huidige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT26 augustus 2018
Typical Government job management climate changes with political leadership. Good hard working staff with dedication to a specific population. Can have some great rewards depending on your position
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Challenging, fast paced environment
Registered nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Augusta, ME 0433013 augustus 2018
Typical Day may include, but is not limited to:
*checking-in patients including VS, medications, chief complaint, & health reminders.
*Follow up with 3-4 patients on HTN, DM, Med. changes with education provided
*Assessment of walk-in patients & fielding to appropriate care
*Telephone triage and follow-ups care
*Chaperoning portions of physical exams
*Sorting paperwork from outside providers for physicians
* Follow up on tests and results from outside providers

I learned to multitask, organize and prioritize my time.
Most enjoyable was working with the veterns.
Great co-workers
Always short staffed
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 12NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
This company gave me an opportunity to work for the federal government
Nursing Supervisor, RN (voormalige medewerker) –  Hilo, HI24 juli 2018
I was able to work independently. Our clinic participated in many pilot programs that gave me the opportunity to evaluate and be in the process for further development of The Department of Veteran’s Affairs continued care.
Great work environment
Minpunten
Patients can be demanding, forceful and on occasion violent
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Job Review
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Biloxi, MS23 juli 2018
Loved taking care of our veterans.
Excellent compensation and benefits. Tons of opportunity for career advancement.
Competitive salary.

However, always understaffed. More focused on collection of data via charting than provided enough hands-on staff to care for our veterans better.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 14Nee 1Rapporteren
Miserable place to work
RN (voormalige medewerker) –  Martinsburg, WV16 juli 2018
Terrible middle and senior management. Uptight nurses and managers engaging in childish bullying behavior which drives out great nurses and leaves incompetence in their place. There are certainly great staff at the VA caring for our nations veterans, but it was not my experience. If you are an RN, lay low and try not to say anything to anyone for 2 years.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
bullying
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 21NeeRapporteren
stable employment
Staff Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Biloxi, MS9 juli 2018
Benefits were great. Management could use an upgrade. all in all had a wonderful experience helping the nations veterans. I wouldn't trade the experience.
benefits, stability
management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 10Nee 1Rapporteren
Would not recommend
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  East Orange, NJ24 juni 2018
Care Manager East Orange NJ. Would not recommend. The management and upper management is poor. There is no room for advancement even if you have your Master's degree. If you have only your Bachelor's you will be at the bottom of the ladder and will not be able to advance and will be required to have the Master's degree. You are not vested in the pension unless you have been there 5+ years.
There is a 2 year probation period.
The manager's will write you up for minor mishaps without any coaching on their end yet they will promote themselves at the expense of their staff.
The benefits are good if you can stick out working at a mundane job for an extended period of time.
It is not a place for professional nurses.
Pluspunten
benefits
Minpunten
management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 27Nee 1Rapporteren
Ok place to work
Intermittent Registered Staff nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Bedford, MA23 juni 2018
It's an alright place to work
Management is poor
Benefits are great
You fight your own battles
Old eat the new
Staffing, staff to patient is great making work easier
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
it was fun
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK12 juni 2018
Learn a lot of skills. Enjoyed working with the soldiers and try to help them be independent. I enjoyed the staff and wonderful employees there. They are positive and helpful
Meeting soldiers
It was too far to drive
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8Nee 2Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag