Reviews voor Registered Nurse bij Department of Veterans Affairs

116 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 4.121 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Miserable place to work
RN (voormalige medewerker) –  Martinsburg, WV16 juli 2018
Terrible middle and senior management. Uptight nurses and managers engaging in childish bullying behavior which drives out great nurses and leaves incompetence in their place. There are certainly great staff at the VA caring for our nations veterans, but it was not my experience. If you are an RN, lay low and try not to say anything to anyone for 2 years.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
bullying
Would not recommend
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  East Orange, NJ24 juni 2018
Care Manager East Orange NJ. Would not recommend. The management and upper management is poor. There is no room for advancement even if you have your Master's degree. If you have only your Bachelor's you will be at the bottom of the ladder and will not be able to advance and will be required to have the Master's degree. You are not vested in the pension unless you have been there 5+ years.
There is a 2 year probation period.
The manager's will write you up for minor mishaps without any coaching on their end yet they will promote themselves at the expense of their staff.
The benefits are good if you can stick out working at a mundane job for an extended period of time.
It is not a place for professional nurses.
Pluspunten
benefits
Minpunten
management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9NeeRapporteren
it was fun
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK12 juni 2018
Learn a lot of skills. Enjoyed working with the soldiers and try to help them be independent. I enjoyed the staff and wonderful employees there. They are positive and helpful
Meeting soldiers
It was too far to drive
Nursing
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL30 mei 2018
Department provided good teamwork and professional working environment. Provided encouragement to obtain additional job related education. Provided opportunities for growth in education.
Team work
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
great place
RN (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Meade, SD26 april 2018
Very difficult to get into the VA. It is a small, cliquey environment. Many days are filled with meetings with no time to work. Management is changing however, and may be promising to move the VA forward and eliminate stagnicity.
pay
management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
description of teamwork
Staff RN (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL29 maart 2018
The job include flexibility, job security, and an atmosphere of team work from all staff members of secretary, nurses, and physicians. I enjoyed teaching the patients how to use mechanical equipments.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Unscheduled appointmens
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 3Rapporteren
great lerning experience
Veteran Centered Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Hampton, VA27 maart 2018
Most time it is busy. Management is fair in decision making. Work environment is diverse and it is a non hostile environment. Work load could be overwhelming at time.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Review for VA
Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Med/surg21 maart 2018
Depending on the unit, can be slow paced. Will lose critical care skills. I have learned the physicians are reactive, not proactive. Management is concerned with a number scale for staffing without acuity considerations. Writing up coworker, physicians and other staff is a priority for workers unfortunately. There is not staff to staff problem solving skills. High school may best describe the environment. No short/long term disability available. Many days of no lunches and unwillingness to pay overtime if necessary to protect your license. The positive aspect is more paid holidays than other medical facilities.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 18NeeRapporteren
VA West Haven
Registered Nurse G4W (voormalige medewerker) –  West Haven, CT9 maart 2018
I enjoyed working at the West Haven VA on G4W. I learned a lot, amazing patient population. Great nurse manager. It was my first nursing job. Good team work. Down side, a lot of complete care patients and heavy lifting.
Pluspunten
great pay and generous vacation and sick time
heavy lifting
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
productive and loyal
Staff Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Dallas texas8 maart 2018
Amazing place to work. Provides great care to Veterans. veterans feel they are appreciated here. The benefits are excellent. Work hours are flexible. Centralized location.
awesome benefits
Minpunten
Buildings could use a makeover
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 10NeeRapporteren
Love working for the VA
RN (huidige medewerker) –  Reno, NV4 maart 2018
I have worked as an RN for the VA multiple states and specialty areas. It is a great place to work with fair wages and excellent benefits. I feel my work load is fair and I have the needed tools to do my job. I get along well with my coworkers. I feel my supervisor is available to me for any needs. I am proud to Serve those who have Served.
Pluspunten
wages, benefits, job security, peers
Minpunten
takes a long time for the interview and hiring process
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9NeeRapporteren
Poor management, amazing co-workers
Registered Nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Altoona, PA22 februari 2018
Management on the CLC very poor, fear based management system, guilty until proven innocent. Not able to transfer to other positions easily or at all. Lots of mandatory overtime. You can be mandated to work 16 hours then are expected to return within 8 hours for the next shift. No 12 hr shifts, all 8 hr shifts with mandatory overtime thrown in. You feel like you live there.
Pluspunten
Vacation time, benefits, discounts, co-workers
Minpunten
Mandatory overtime, can't use your vacation time when you want, seniority system for vacation, management poor and quick to blame and use floor employees as scapegoat.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8Nee 1Rapporteren
Rewarding and challenging
Night shift Staff Nurse in Domiciliary and PTSD (huidige medewerker) –  Fort Thomas, KY22 februari 2018
It is a great place to work. Rewarding to care for fellow Veterans
that have served our country. Unfortunately some individuals have been here so long they take duties for granted and it seems challenging at best to get rid of or hold such individuals accountable.
pay, benefits
Poor accountability
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
great benefits
Registered nurse (voormalige medewerker) –  Lexington, KY20 februari 2018
A great place to work simply because it allows me to give back to my nation's hero's. Otherwise, management is difficult to work with. They refuse to allow you advancement within the company. Personally, they made it very impossible for me to work and go to school, therefore forcing me to quit, losing 10 years of seniority in this company.
the mission
Minpunten
management, no ability for advancement
Just don't do it
Staff RN - Care Coordination (voormalige medewerker) –  Memphis, TN10 februari 2018
Toxic culture, many of the managers are crooked and it is very political they do what ever it takes for them to bonus without regard to veterans or human life.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 13Nee 1Rapporteren
Productive and Fulfilling job serving the Veterans of our nation
STAFF NURSE IN FEE BASIS (huidige medewerker) –  Bonham, Texas6 februari 2018
I work at the greatest place and for the best and most deserving people on this earth, Veterans! I have been employed by the VA for more than 27 years and have loved most of my time there. I have the privilege of caring for those that have born the burden and their families and truly believe in what I do.
Pluspunten
great hours, wonderful patients and coworkers, and pension plan that you cannot get anywhere else.
Minpunten
Occassionally dangerous due to Veterans with mental illness.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 4Rapporteren
Great place to work.
Staff Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Madison, WI31 januari 2018
The team I work with is superb.
Our leadership is superb. They care about their employees.
Real servant leaders here.
I learn new things every day.
The culture promotes change, sometimes it takes time.
The hardest part of the job is political aspects of the system extending beyond our facility.
Most enjoyable part of the job is our Veterans!
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Busy med/surg floor
Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Providence, RI18 januari 2018
Poorly understaffed at times w/ high acuity patients. Great co-workers who work together making the shifts tolerable. It is a pleasure to serve our Veterans and provide optimum care, however little support from upper management.
Retirement benefits
Poor advancement opportunities
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
benefits
Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Bronx, NY14 januari 2018
In my concern this is a great place to work for young graduate. It has great educational benefit packages and retirement benefits. Great as a teaching hospital.
Pluspunten
benefits
Minpunten
fast pace
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
I love my job, just not my coworkers sometimes
Registered Nurse (huidige medewerker) –  Nashville, TN15 december 2017
I love working with the Veterans, but sometimes coworkers or management can make work unbearable. You have to jump through loops to get a pay raise and it seems promotions are done based on who you know and not what you know or how educated you are.
Benefits!
Management, Difficulty with lateral mobilization, Difficulty getting pay raises
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 11NeeRapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Department of Veterans Affairs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag