Devon Energy Reviews

Alle 324 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
No team atmosphere and very inadequate in experiance
Head Janitor (voormalige medewerker) –  Artesia NM12 augustus 2018
I would rate this as the worst Production company out there. If you want to work with a company and always be in fear of losing your job Devon is the perfect place to work. They are lacking in experience starting at the top ranking potions. they are poised to get people hurt.. They can not follow there on business plan, the worst grouping of inexperienced professionals around.
to many to list
Great place to work.
Instrument Technician/FMC Trainee (voormalige medewerker) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 augustus 2018
I enjoyed working for Devon Energy. The atmosphere the employees created made for a great work place. Employees were treated with respect which in turn increases productivity. I was sad to be part of the acquisition of conventional assets in 2014. Hope to be part of another great company like this one!
Not the same company it was 5 years ago
Production Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Artesia, NM10 augustus 2018
The company has always been top heavy. I had very little idea where my up line existed. After the company failed to manage a decline in oil prices despite having hedges in place that sheltered them from price fallout immediately, they laid off about 25% of their workforce. They let everyone know 6 months in advance that they were coming then handed out pink slips without rhyme or reason. Immediately after they began a large field structure change where most people’s job assignments were changed or moved into different positions. No one was asked, they were told. I was moved into a new position that had an additional 1.5 hour commute each way unpaid and pushed to work 12-14 hour days. No appreciation was ever extended but reprimands were in no shortage. This. Company, at least in NM,, is being operated by the least qualified management team I have ever been unfortunate to work for. If this is not a last resort for you, seek employment elsewhere
Company vehicle
Minpunten
Micromanagement and leadership that is incapable of taking any accountability
Bedrijfscultuur
A great company to work for
Software Engineer (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX9 augustus 2018
A typical day involved working at the office with assigned roles and responsibilities as a Software developer.
Learned latest trends technology relating to Software Development.
Management is very encouraging and always there to assist and guide us in the right direction.
Devon Energy has a very friendly team working environment.
Working with a team with a diverse academic backgrounds and meeting new people during the work course.
paid good, no support
Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  Midland, TX9 augustus 2018
paid good, no support, no loyalty to employees. dangerous environment. no recognition for time with company, laid off so buddies could keep their job.
Excellent
Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Cresson, TX8 augustus 2018
It’s a Great place to work. There are great people to work with They care about their employees. They give bonus’s every year & raises every year. Culture is great.
Pluspunten
Flexible with employees life schedules
Minpunten
The industry goes downhill every 10 years & you have to worry about getting laid off.
Bedrijfscultuur
Very rewarding place to work when i was contracting to Devon
ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGIST (voormalige medewerker) –  Calgary, AB31 juli 2018
As part of the Technical services department, worked as part of a small team. Work was challenging and rewarding, lots of support from the team members.
Awesome Place to Work!
Customer Relations (voormalige medewerker) –  Spring, TX28 juli 2018
Overall, I would definitely recommend Devon Energy to work! It was a very pleasant environment to work at. I mainly enjoyed the flow. Everyone worked together to accomplish a common goal.
Staff Accountant (huidige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK17 juli 2018
Great culture and work life balance. Gym is nice to have on site. Covered parking. Easy access to lots of downtown events. Lots of learning opportunities.
Great Company
Data Management Professional (huidige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK6 juli 2018
Great company going through needed growing pains. Increased focus on benefits that will aid in employee retention and recruitment. Overall a great place to work.
excellent company culture
Production Engineering Intern (voormalige medewerker) –  Calgary, AB5 juli 2018
Good work environment, collective and open minded culture. Good compensation, work life balance, etc.
Management trusts people to do their job, with very little micromanagement going on.
culture
energy sector uncertainty
Bedrijfscultuur
I worked for home with a computer FOB
Data Editor / Well Log Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK3 juli 2018
I liked the job but the oil industry crashed in 2016. I only met my direct supervisor. I crunched numbers from home. I worked on my own time sometimes until four in the morning, sometimes half a day. I was just required to get the projects given done, by X-day. I have worked on call 24/7 since 1980. I am not a good sleeper because of that life.
MGM
Working from home.
Minpunten
Being laid off, but it was the industry at the time.
Just a #
Assist field personnel (huidige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK2 juli 2018
When I first started working for Devon It was a great place to work. Then layoffs happened and it went all down hill. Work Work Work. Also the people are so judgmental.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Good Place to work
Technical Architect (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore, Karnataka27 juni 2018
Good teams to work, Great learning, Fun at work, not much pressure, people are helping nature.

Nice office, good learning in teams and good growth

overall very positive.
No WFH
Fun workplace
Completion Engineer (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK25 juni 2018
I enjoyed my employment at Devon. Not only were the people good to work with but the culture was one to keep you around. I always felt my work was appreciated.
Bedrijfscultuur
It used to be a good place
Engineer (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK20 juni 2018
This was a great place when I started in 2014. Since then the culture has changed drastically and well stinks. Managers pit employees against each other. Collaboration doesn’t happen. No one can make a decision. Everything has to go through a bazillion layers of management to get done. Managers play favorites in a serious way. The last round of layoffs was the nail in the coffin. Basically cleared out all the experience and kept the youngins with lower salaries. I am 29 yrs old. There’s hardly anyone left older that I can learn from. That’s a huge problem.
9/80 schedule, vacation time
Management, culture
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great company with many friendly faces
Contractor (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK18 juni 2018
I learned a lot about IT installment in a pretty fast paced setting. The management I had took time to teach me what I needed to do and I got it all done in accordance. Paid for our food and gave us small breaks.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun place to work, caring about people and community
Supervisor, Data & Analytics (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK14 juni 2018
Great sense of community, has been a pillar of the community. Adapting to new technologies and great work facilities.

The company encourages a lot of volunteer opportunities and donates to great causes like United Way, Habitat for Humanity, etc
Bedrijfscultuur
WAS a great company; Hopefully it will be again
Mid level Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK13 juni 2018
WAS a great company; Hopefully it will be again.
Problems are at the very top. The company has lost many good employees since 2008 and attracted some good people as well. They just don't do the right things to retain the best. Culture has gone sour.
Great place to work.
A/P Accountant; JV Accountant (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK5 juni 2018
My coworkers and my supervisors were great to work with. I enjoyed my time there immensely. Devon clearly communicates their values and lives by them in every way. Benefits were hands down the best I have ever found.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Devon Energy. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag