Devon Energy Reviews

Alle 300 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Good company
Sr. Land Technician - South Louisiana (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX17 mei 2018
I worked here shortly because my best friend asked me to work with her and El Paso Energy. It was a difficult decision as I really enjoyed working here.
Good company
Bedrijfscultuur
Should be a great place to work, but currently chaotic
Geologist (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK16 mei 2018
Devon is currently trying to figure out who they are. Several rounds of layoffs and constant pruning of staff otherwise has sapped morale. Great if you work Delaware or STACK, frustrating to be in other units.
Pluspunten
Nice offices, good perks, excellent staff to work with
Chaos and job uncertainty
nice people
Senior Staff Reservoir Engineer (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK13 mei 2018
Great building, good benefits (except insurance), good mix of smart folks, lots of community involvement. Continuing education opportunities are there, and the company supports industry events.
Bedrijfscultuur
Corportate position in typical office
Engineering (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK11 mei 2018
Standard office environment, corporate culture and good people to work with. Job was extremely normal in all respects, nothing flashy or difficult to accomplish, though dull at times.
Beautiful building
Administrative Assistant to Wellness Director (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK8 mei 2018
Opportunities for growth were available. Most managers were encouraging and had an open door policy. Writing your own review was a difficult task twice a year.
Great benefits
Oil and gas volitility
Bedrijfscultuur
Great benefits but culture changing for the worse
IT Intern (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK4 mei 2018
The benefits are among the best I've seen. However, the crunch management has started placing on employees made work more difficult and stressful. The cuts in staff force those remaining to take on much more work.
Great place to work.
Measurement Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK4 mei 2018
Devon is a great place to work. Conveniently located in OKC. The Well is an amazing place to work out. Amenities are beautiful. Nice having NEBU restaurant so close and convenient as well as Flint Restaurant and Vast.
Great facility, physical environment
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Co-sourcing
IT (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK1 mei 2018
It is obvious that Devon is going to be completely outsourced in the near future. Poor management decisions and the inability to listen has contributed to Devon's stock price being so low. No change is expected in the near future. Reducing headcount is not fixing the problem, just making the company even more management heavy.
Not the same company that it was when I began my career there.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great people to work with but upper management was too unpredictable
Geophysical Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK1 mei 2018
I loved all of the people I worked with on a daily basis but upper management always kept us in a state of flux with pending or possible cutbacks. This led to a constant sense of dread and too many rumors.
Good Company
Lease Operator/Amine Plant Operator (voormalige medewerker) –  Zapata, TX30 april 2018
Good Company to work for. I had a lot of hands on training. The personnel and management was great to work with. A lot of work, but enjoyed the challenges . The friendships that were made.
Pluspunten
A good company to work for.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work with friendly environment and people
Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK26 april 2018
I enjoyed my time at Devon. I learned a lot from experienced employees who were team players and always willing to help and share experience.

I volunteered and worked with a lot of great supervisors and departments and made life long friendships.
Great place to work.
Lease Operator (voormalige medewerker) –  San Angelo, TX24 april 2018
Wonderful benefits, good atmosphere, and great management. I learned so much working at Devon Energy and had no intentions of working for another company but we were sold to FDL energy.
Collaborative Work Environment
Employee (huidige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK24 april 2018
Great place to work. Position Elimination due to lower for longer oil and gas pricing environment. Amazing facilities and my most recent manager I would take another job with in a heartbeat
Pluspunten
Beautiful Building to work in, great reputation within community, great benefits, great pay
Oil and Gas Industry ups and downs - not a reflection on Devon
Excellent Management and Peers
Well Engineering Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX16 april 2018
Was a great place to work. Very open communication and talented personnel

Due to reduction of natural gas prices, the company closed the Houston office and consolidated in Oklahoma City in 2013.
Absolutely loved my job.
Accounts Payable Associate III (huidige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK12 april 2018
Love my job, would not think of leaving, howver, being part of the second reduction in force since 2016, I am forced to look for another employer

Devon Energy is extremely good to their employees. 100% would return.
Flex hours
Minpunten
Not much room for advancement in some departments.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
I would not recommend working at Devon
Completions (voormalige medewerker) –  Stillwater, OK 7407511 april 2018
The stock market does not like Devon for a reason. Very high on G & A with very little to show for it. Horrible money management and poor vision for the future. Now they are laying off people thinking it will help wall street like them more, but management is the issue and we all know it.
Training
meetings, pay & benefits
Fun Place to work
Environment & Regulatory Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Calgary, AB7 april 2018
Great company to work for with many opportunities for growth. Many opportunities for training and professional development, this company truly cares about their employees.
Bedrijfscultuur
Workplace is fun and workers are accommodating
SENIOR PLANNER/SCHEDULER (voormalige medewerker) –  Alberta7 april 2018
I have so much fun working with the company specially working with my team wherein they are all very helpful, also the environment is so conducive and I fell safe working in the office and at site.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great work environment/pay/benefits, but subject to industry ups-and-downs
Data Reporting and Analytics Developer (huidige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK6 april 2018
I used to think this was a great place to work, but I've lost confidence in the way the company's being managed. I've been in oil & gas IT since leaving college over 20 years ago, but never until coming to Devon nearly 8 years ago have I had to face down the threat of major layoffs. TWICE now in as many years.
Very relaxed work environment
Accounting (voormalige medewerker) –  Bridgeport, TX4 april 2018
I had the responsibility of entering work orders and invoices in the production division.

I learned there is a lot of money involved in the production of natural gas.

Management was supreme.

Workplace environment was very relaxed.

The hardest part of my job was making sure all data entry was correct.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the co-workers.
hours
pay
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Devon Energy. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag