Devon Energy Reviews

Alle 271 reviews worden getoond
team building was fun
Lease Operator (voormalige medewerker) –  Navajo Dam, NM24 oktober 2017
i loved working at Devon Energy it is a good place to work good healthcare and vacation time off two weeks and the work hours were good i would tell a friend to go work for Devon Energy
Fun workplace
Office Services Analyst III (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX24 oktober 2017
Devon Energy was a good company to work for until they closed the Houston Office. I enjoyed working there. The people were wonderful. The gym that was installed for the employees had the best workout equipment.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun company with great people
Senior Landman (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK23 oktober 2017
I enjoyed my time at Devon. Management was pretty much hands off and let you do your job. Great team work and environment. Great compensation and benefits.
Work environment
Lack of company direction
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Was laid off after 15 years
Lead accountant revenue (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK18 oktober 2017
I loved my job. Sadly it ended too soon . I would go back if they would consider rehiring me . I started as a senior staff and promoted before the end of the day to Lead Accountsnt and stayed there in that position until the layoff .
Pluspunten
Good environment, good pay, good benefits
Minpunten
HR failed to do anything about complaints about upper mgmt
Productive, Respectful, and Fun Work Environment
Reservoir Engineer (voormalige medewerker) –  Calgary, AB15 oktober 2017
One thing that keeps Devon above many producer companies is gender equality. This even extends to working in their fields up North. In general, understanding of individuals and their varied needs is well taken into account in this company.
Fun Competitive
DevOps Automation Configuration Engineer (huidige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK9 oktober 2017
It was pleasure working in this environment.I loved it,Competetiveand well balanced,Overall it was my most enjoyable part of my life.Soon im missing my manager adam who is strength of mine ans carries a smile in each and every momene
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work but some need tighter leash in the field
Production Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Riverton, WY28 september 2017
Great place to work but newly created department heads and its employees need to be accountable to the bottom line. Unfortunately corporate feels these newly created departments streamline the organization but does not realize how unproductive they are. Their department managers and assistant managers need to be held accountable for expenses associated with projects in the respective field they support including contractor expenses they farm work out they should be doing themselves.
Pluspunten
Good work environment and great people, although stressful loved my job
Minpunten
Work life balance for production foreman in field operations could be improved
Bedrijfscultuur
Overall a good place to work
Production Operator III - SBU Eagleford (huidige medewerker) –  Cuero, TX19 september 2017
Overall good place to work. I feel that Devon overall is a good place to work. They support a well balanced work life balance and promote family and personal time.
Good Company
DSC - Production Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Midland, TX14 september 2017
Great company just divested in my area. Pay and benefits are the best in the industry. I had to relocate so I just made sense for me to start looking for jobs elsewhere.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Supervisor Accounts Payable (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX12 september 2017
Private offices for professionals, tuition reimbursement, good salary, opportunities for travel and interface with all levels of employees, great benefits, etc
Pluspunten
reduced costs for soft drinks and snacks
no longer located in Houston
Bedrijfscultuur
A good place to start a career
Geologist II (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX12 september 2017
Devon's Houston office was an enjoyable work environment and was a good place to begin a career. I believe I was well trained and my career was a priority at Devon.
Devon was great...
BI&T Client Svcs-Desktop Field Contractor (voormalige medewerker) –  Midland, TX11 september 2017
I was under a contract when working for Devon. They had new software they wanted to roll-out. I installed cable and video equipment in the conference room for the safety videos for their team to review.

I also assisted their in house IT Supervisor on smaller tasks.

Just prior to the roll-out, it was cancelled.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great company, too bad the lay off
EHS Professional II (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK26 augustus 2017
Devon was a good company, and even though my first line manager was substandard, by and large the organization was well-meaning and worked hard. The atmosphere was low stress, yet still encouraged people to think outside the box.

The company is probably going to struggle for a while with financials. Their previous bad investments in oil and gas properties, combined with depressed commodity prices are going to haunt Devon.
Great facilities, good culture
Financially struggling.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Great Place to work!
Completion and Production Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Spring, TX25 augustus 2017
Great Place to work! Relaxed environment and great leadership. Only left because Spring office shut down and I was laid off. Great culture, and great team environment.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Overall a really good company to work for.
TECHNICIAN (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK11 augustus 2017
Very pleased with Devon Energy overall, super great people, love the work life balance and environment as well as a beautiful facility. My only complaint was the long drive downtown and once arriving to work it was too much effort to try and run errands at lunch due to the length of time it takes to get to your vehicle etc...Wish lunch hour was 1.5hrs.
Pluspunten
Workout facility, dining, beautiful facility
Minpunten
Long drive, isolated once arriving to work
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
One of the best companies I have worked for.
Sr. Geologist (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX6 augustus 2017
I really enjoyed my time there. We had plenty of training. Great work environment. We felt appreciated and could see the impact of our work on the organization. One of the best companies I have worked for.
9/80 work schedulle
no office in Houston
Really good
Contract Operator (voormalige medewerker) –  Red Deer, AB2 augustus 2017
was super good to work for, they bought me on with no operating experience and was willing to train me. it was all good until CNRL bought out Devon and I was let go.
Great area
CNRL bought them out
Was deze review nuttig?JaNeeRapporteren
Great Place to Work
Identity Management Team Lead (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK31 juli 2017
I enjoyed many years at Devon Energy. I would go back to work for them given the right opportunity. As with most corporate environments it could be extremely fast-paced, but the compensation was great.
Great working eniviroment
Regulatory Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX27 juli 2017
Enjoyed my time there. I love the balance and what the company offers for their employees. They understands how value you are withe the company home life.
Bedrijfscultuur
Devon is a really good place to work.
Geophysicist (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK25 juli 2017
Devon is a very good place to work. The work for a geophysicist is challenging - in a good way! Lots of interesting projects. The company has great benefits and really seems to care about its employees.
Pluspunten
Devon does many great things for their employees.
Cumbersone bureacracy.