Devon Energy Reviews

Alle 274 reviews worden getoond
Bedrijfscultuur
Talk is cheap "Action speaks louder than words" Integrety and Commitment are words, where's the action?
Drilling Engineer Manager I (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK11 maart 2017
Could have been a great company, but turned out just like most oil industry companies, no company loyalty to employees, were workers ideas are exploited by lower management, then good employees are terminated/laid off.
paycheck
No Integrity, commitment & loyalty to employees
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
A great place to work.
Manager, Evaluation and Planning (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK9 maart 2017
A great place to work with wonderful facilities. Rewarded generously for a job well done. Tools provided to improve your marketability and value to the company.
Lease Operator Level (voormalige medewerker) –  Bridgeport, TX21 februari 2017
A typical day at work consisted of checking 50+ gas wells. I maintained production while working safely. I learned to be a team member and manage time efficelently. the most enjoyable part of my job was working outside and getting my work done!! Management was great and I got along well with others.
Pluspunten
Great pay and great benefits
Minpunten
I got laid off due to oil prices
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Good Benefits
Production Operator (huidige medewerker) –  Cresson, TX19 februari 2017
It's life in the oilfield, there is a roller coaster ride of emotions and and job stability. New field structure removes any chance of furthering knowledge or advancement.
Good benefits
unstable market
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Very good company to work for.
Contract Financial Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK14 februari 2017
I was only a Contract Accountant but from my experience it was a great company to work for. Very good benefits. Great facility and a lot of community involvement.
Used to be top 100 places to work for
Lease Operator I (voormalige medewerker) –  Bridgeport, TX13 februari 2017
Loved working for this company. The pay was great, the benefits were great and you were allowed a lot of freedom. The gas price drop in 09 changed the culture a lot and it stays the same today. You now worry about your job every day, and they just laid off 100 people last year at this time.
Benefits and pay
Minpunten
very stressful culture on job security
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work. One big family.
Construction Foreman (voormalige medewerker) –  I worked in Bridgeport Tex.27 januari 2017
I loved working there. The benefits are great. There are a lot of meetings but they for the most part were fun. The people are one big family. We was always doing things for the community. I would highly recommend it as a great work place.
Pluspunten
Great pay, off all holidays. If you need something there is always some one there for you.
Minpunten
When the oil and gas prices struggle so do they.
GIS Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK24 januari 2017
Devon is a fantastic place to work. Work life balance is great, compensation is remarkable, and the company likes getting ideas from it's employees. I would recommend to anyone.
Compensation, Team Work
Stressful at times
I really enjoyed working for Devon Energy
Revenue Accountant (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK23 januari 2017
They gave a great work/life balance. Provided excellent health benefits. Also, they care about their employees. I worked with great individuals that took the time to care about their coworkers.
Pluspunten
Health Insurance, gym membership and other benefits
Minpunten
Due to the oil and gas industry they had to lay off hundreds of employees
Devon Energy
PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN/ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (voormalige medewerker) –  Lafayette, LA19 januari 2017
This was the best Oil Company I worked for. Loved everyone I worked with.

I worked with the Production superintendents and Manager at a high level.

It was hard for me to leave this position, but our Residential Home building was really going full force and my company needed me to be full time. We were building a lot of custom homes.
Loved my fellow employess
Not enough flexibility to work RAH Home full time
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
IT Asset Management
Lead Analysis (voormalige medewerker) –  Calgary, AB10 januari 2017
Devon Energy was a good place to work, lots of challenges to manage the IT Asset management role, including the IT Procurement. Canada had a very good handle on their assets showing a 99% accuracy of its assets and Life-cycle management of the assets.
Great team to work with
Minpunten
Some weak management lead me to leave the organization.
Bedrijfscultuur
Really great workplace that really cared about its employees.
WellCon Drilling Engineer I (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK4 januari 2017
Devon energy is a fantastic company that really tries to provide the best environment for its employees. With the down turn of oil the environment has definitely gotten worse but they are still a great company.
Dream Job
Petroleum Engineering Intern (voormalige medewerker) –  Midland, TX29 december 2016
I was paid very well for an intern. The atmosphere was very organized and professional. My mentor was a super nice guy who took the time out of his busy schedule to answer my questions and ensure my presentation was well prepared.
Pluspunten
Great pay and work environment
Minpunten
Due to low oil prices I was laid off along with all my school mates
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Devon Energy is a productive and fun place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX6 december 2016
Completed day-to-day operations, complex travel planning, training, org. charts, pay roll, expense reports, vacations, supply orders, and routing mail
Great benefits
Short Breaks
Bedrijfscultuur
Very high stressful environment!
Assistant Foreman Production (voormalige medewerker) –  Artesia, NM21 november 2016
Was a great company in the beginning. After company layoffs, company started to fall apart. Very poor management in some areas. There are still some great people there.
Pluspunten
Great people, great benefits.
Poor management
Great Benefits & Great Place to Work
Project Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK16 november 2016
Devon is great place to work and offers great benefits to their employees. I have learned a lot about the oil & gas industry during my time here in upstream, downstream and midstream.
A good place to work
Budget and Financial Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK16 november 2016
Devon is a good company to work for and has a great culture. I had friends in various departments and based on the feedback I received from them it really depends on your manager to create the right environment. I had some challenges especially when it came to goal setting and department direction but overall I enjoyed working there.
Great building
Minpunten
Not very clear goals and daily taskings
Bedrijfscultuur
Great company, great everything.
Drilling Field Engineer (voormalige medewerker) –  Calumet, OK15 november 2016
Wonderful place to work.
Pointed tasks.
Ample opportunity to develop.
Optional classes.
A typical day consisted of arriving at 6-7am, tons of meetings. Leave around 5.
Good work life balance
Talent Management Development Professional (huidige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK15 november 2016
Great work life balance having alot of PTO and every other Friday off. Just was hard to advance and also was not secure with layoffs. You get cheaper lunches and free gym if you go there 5 times a month.
Free Gym and every other Friday off
Hard to advance
Great place to work!
FINANCIAL ANALYST (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK15 november 2016
Had a great boss who mentored me in multiple areas including financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting and taught me to think outside the box. The company was very involved in bettering the community and making downtown OKC a great place to work. Co-workers were great and I couldn't have asked for a better company to work for.
Discounted lunches/onsite gym
Minpunten
Healthcare benefits had decreased over the years but I think they have went down across the board, not just at Devon.

Algehele waardering