Dollar Tree Reviews

Alle 11.704 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Interesting
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Chantilly, VA14 augustus 2018
The customers were easily the best part of this job. A lot of locals with low incomes did their grocery shopping at our store, so a lot of familiar, friendly faces came in all the time. I only wish they paid a livable wage or i would have never left possibly
unorganized workplace
Assistant Manager/ frieght manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Hudson, NH14 augustus 2018
i learned a lot working at dollar tree mostly all the things you shouldn't do the only part of the job i enjoyed were the people i worked with. The hardest part of the job was trying not to walk out on my manager for the unfair treatment he showed me.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and great work environment
Assistant Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Defuniak Springs, FL14 augustus 2018
Working for this company had great perks at advancement, learning new things and offering suggestions. Dollar tree is a great stepping stone to go higher up and get the benefits you need in order to make a living.
Job location and schedule
Minpunten
Low pay rate and hours vary due to sales
Friendly, Fast, Fun place
Ops Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Coffeyville, KS14 augustus 2018
Dollar Tree is a fun place not only to shop at but to work for also, while I was there they took great care of there employees and there concerns. The training as a stocker, cashier, and then management was well worth the growth with the company in a short amount of time worth them. Under the circumstances at hand I had to move and there was a discrepancy on location and where the company wanted me and that's why i have a 3 star on job security and advancement.
Impulse buying
Minpunten
Goooo broke leaving the store
Great
Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Arden-Arcade, CA14 augustus 2018
Great job with good people around you everyday. Has it’s ups and downs but mostly ups. The people who shop there are also amazing and there’s never a dull moment:
Bedrijfscultuur
Less stressfull than most other minimum wage jobs, a very good first job.
Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Kaysville, UT14 augustus 2018
Shifts are typically 4 1/2 hours, with 3-5 shifts per week. The work is fairly low-intensity, and doesn't have the soul-sucking quality that so many minimum wage jobs do. The in-store management was pretty good at my location, though regional and above seemed to be quite lacking.
Pluspunten
Simple, stress-free job with flexible schedule
Minpunten
Minimum wage, with little room for advancement.
A Normal Day At Dollar Tree
Cashier/Stock (voormalige medewerker) –  Jackson, TN 3830514 augustus 2018
Great job for teens that are still in school or someone who wants extra money, or if you just doesn't want to seat at home everyday. The hours depends what job title you have and where you work.
Cashier
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Manhattan, NY14 augustus 2018
sales associates perform basic customer service duties. Primary responsibilities include meeting and greeting customers, assisting in sales, and answering questions about products, services, and merchandise. Dollar Tree sales associate may also double as cashiers at some locations.
Good place for deals
Freight manager/ Assistant Mgr (voormalige medewerker) –  Show Low, AZ14 augustus 2018
has alot of good deals for people with a budget. it was definetly hard to try and stock on a busy day. yet the hours are based on what you sell and how well your store does. which doesn't help on a slow week cause you don't have enough hours to work with
hardly any breaks
Minpunten
fast paced no time to self.
Dollar Tree
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Mount Morris, MI14 augustus 2018
A typical day at Dollar Tree is constant work. As a cashier, you must take care of the customers. If no customers are coming in, you must go through all the go-backs and place them correctly in the store. If there are no go-backs (along with no customers in the store) you must portal the store for any misplaced items and place them back into their respected places. The key thing that has taught me is that if you look as if you don't want to work the job that was given to you then you won't have the job. The most enjoyable thing about Dollar Tree was handling the customers. I haven't had a problem with a customer and it's nice to talk as well as helping them out with things in the store. The hardest activity was either finding things to do after everything was done or keeping up with things during the busy days. At Dollar Tree, we're required to wear a formal green shirt with either caky pants or black slacks with closed toe shoes.
Discounts, flexible hours.
not enough hours.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good Enviorment, Disorganized Management, Too much pressure on Cashiers, Lacking in Efficiency and Horrible Pay.
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Texas14 augustus 2018
Dollar Tree Was my very first job, and also a favorite place of mine to shop at. Initially when I get the job the interview process was pretty easy and I found the job to be fun. I worked for Dollar Tree for about a year and a month as a Cashier with a pay of 7.35 an hour. The average day consists of tending to customers, manning the register, front facing everything in the store, wiping the windows, picking up everything around the store, doing go backs(returning items to the proper place in the store), light stocking, blowing up balloons, organizing the register areas, organizing the balloon station, helping the manager, helping customers find things in the store, sweeping, vacuuming, recovery(fixing broken items, straightening aisle), help customers carry things to their cars, cleaning up spills and various messes around the store, doing exchanges and returns, make a drink list, filling drink coolers taking out the trash, and answering questions asked by customers. At first as a cashier everything seemed okay, but as the job progressed I was being required to do more. On top of that the management was inconsistent and constantly conflicting in managing styles. The Store Manager said I was doing very well, although it turns out later on that he actually neglected to teach me like a majority of how to do my job, this poor teaching led to another manager, the merch manager to train me in all the areas the store manager failed to show me. Because the Managers all managed in different ways I found myself tiptoeing around those who went by the book and doing otherwise around the  meer... managers who didn't. The Store Manager's way of doing things was strictly by the book, and his methods almost never got the job done, We were "Over -Staffed" yet things would almost never fully get done, or they got done but only because we had to stay over time to get these things done. There would always be long lines and although some of us would be listed as working on recovery on certain days we'd end up on the register anyways. What was frustrating the most was that go backs would pile up and everything including cleaning the store would be left onto the Night Shift, which is incredibly hard considering they'd only have a manager and only one cashier work during that closing night shift. With both having various duties to complete, despite getting swamped the last two hours of that shift. They only way everything would get done is if it were a slow night. For all the frustration of dealing with lines, customers, and various other tasks we had to get done but couldn't because the Dollar Tree's standard is that the Customer always comes first, and then getting fussed at when nothing gets done because we're stuck behind the register, and because they want only two people on the last shift of the night, is just entirely too much to expect when we are only getting like 7.35 an hour. The environment in terms of interacting with customers, fellow employees, and managers was pleasant. Everyone was nice and very helpful. But getting everything done felt impossible at times, and the breaks were only 10 minutes long. Working the Register and being expected to do everything in the store and work the register was just really difficult. The management seemed to be POORLY Organized, Which over all decreased efficiency across the board in everything. The pay is so bad that almost all the employees even the full times ones that I met had to have second jobs to cover there own bills. This job is great for a first time job, good if you want to make pocket change, But I would not consider this a good career or as an only job. I'd even recommend it as JUST a Summer job. I ran into so many customers who were shocked when they found out I was still working there after a year, because Dollar Tree is known for it's high turn over rate. I even met customers who had worked at the very location I was working at, most of them quit within less than 3 or 4 months. It was very easy to talk to the store manager about scheduling concerns and almost always I was able to get the days I requested off, or easily switch shifts with another employee if I needed it.  minder
Good Enviorment, Everyone Is Kind/ Helpful, Fairly Easy tasks to Do
Poorly Organized Management, Cashiers Expected to do too much, Terrible Pay
Bedrijfscultuur
I liked the people and the work place
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Maryland13 augustus 2018
I loved working there good people good work place. I cleaned stocked cashier. I worked fast and good at working with team. I didn't have alot of issue.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good people to work with
Asst. Store Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Georgetown, s.c.13 augustus 2018
Great people to work with. Management is ok. I like my job. If u need time off they will work with you. The work isn't hard to do. You get benefits, etc.
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Gresham, OR13 augustus 2018
I really enjoyed working at Dollar Tree. I liked my coworkers, the managers were pretty cool and laid back, training was good, pay was good, hours were pretty good for part time. I would definitely recommend working at Dollar Tree.
Pay, hours, coworkers, environment
could of been better
Stocker (voormalige medewerker) –  East Cleveland, OH13 augustus 2018
Base on the location of the store I worked at, the work environment was not up to part. The store could of been better, as well as the opportunities for career advancement.
simply dollar tree
Cashier/ Stocker Duties (voormalige medewerker) –  Joppa, MD13 augustus 2018
Dollar Tree would be a good job for retirees..Its not a stressfull or complicated work environment. It gives you the oppertunity to meet new and interesting people.
Easy work
No room for advancement
Great starter job
Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Worth, TX13 augustus 2018
Rewarding job as long as you put effort forward and are willing to over come situation.Not every store is the same but when you find one you flow with you can go along way.
Slow always part time
Cashier/Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Bartow, FL13 augustus 2018
Everyone is part time you have to work the shift they give you. Personally im tired of working nights can't have days till someone quits I don't see myself going any where
Paid breaks
Minpunten
No paid meals breaks, no benfits, no full time hours
Bedrijfscultuur
Company can be much better
Assistant Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, Ca13 augustus 2018
The company cares more about the sales over anything else. Managers are over worked and have to overcome obstacles almost every day that shouldn’t happen in the first place.
Okay pay, bonus
Minpunten
Lack of proper training, short staffed, overworked, no job security
Fun work place
Freight Team Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Mount Pleasant, TX13 augustus 2018
I loved working for dollar tree whenever I first started I learned how to do everything in there less then a month time when I started I was only a cashier and then I became a manager that was the best feeling in the world
Paid vacation
Short breaks
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Dollar Tree. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag