Dollar Tree Reviews

Alle 10.071 reviews worden getoond
Slow Paced
Cashier/Stocker (voormalige medewerker) –  Independence, KY24 februari 2018
The environment was fun, slow paced, and easy to work in. The only reason I had to leave was because they cut my hours really bad. They were family oriented and friendly.
Family oriented, fun
no hours
relaxed
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Coatesville, PA24 februari 2018
A typical day at work would consist of completing task such as stocking, cashiering, and cleaning the store.
The management is excellent, the most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
breaks
advancement
run cash register, assist customers, reset 4 foot sections
Sales/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Hampstead, MD Wistminster, MD Lisbon, MD23 februari 2018
Assisted customers with purchase
Ran a cash register
stock shelves
reset sections of wall space
put up and took down holiday items
blew up balloons
cleaned bathrooms, store fronts, windows, vacuum rugs
Pluspunten
scheduled hours did not conflict with full time job
Minpunten
pay was bad, expected more than what was reasonable
Horrible place to work
Stock Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Toledo, OH23 februari 2018
It doesn't matter how good you do your job if you are not in the clique you are nothing. The managers generally give hours to people who they like and not who do the best work. The pay is low, the stress is high, and there is no sense of loyalty or team work. The managers are generally not professional. Hours are cut and given to others, depending on the favorite of the moment, there is no job security. People complain constantly but Toledo has zero jobs so people stay even if they hate it. Practically anyone can be in management and it shows. Upper management couldn't care less about anyone as long as they get their precious bonuses. Minimum wage for associates and management starts at 9 dollars an hour. It's a toilet.
It's a job
Minpunten
Very hard very stressful no benefits. The place is a side show.
Bedrijfscultuur
Being indoors and taking care of customers
Merchandising Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX23 februari 2018
Come in prepared to work your tail off! The job is what it is, you learn how to properly set things to a planogram, how to restock, and properly life things. The management and employees have high turnover. The hardest part of the job was to ensure you were able to make up for people that wouldn't show up to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see what merchandise comes in.
Breaks and Lunches always happen
hours
Bedrijfscultuur
Simple fun place to work at
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Portage, WI23 februari 2018
Register is pretty easy and everyone was helpful when I needed information about certain transactions or where products are. I enjoy interacting with the customers and helping them find what they need. It's a generally easy place to work with.
my reveiw
Cashier/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Clio, MI23 februari 2018
Dollar Tree is a fun, colorful store to work at, pretty lenient. Other employees are understanding. However the dollar tree i worked at was very unorganized. It was hard trying to find supplies that needed to be put on the shelves. Other than being un-organized i had fun while it lasted.
not so busy
short breaks un organized
It's a job
Warehouse Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Windsor, CT23 februari 2018
Its a job, not a career. It pays the bills. Your body will ache, your managers will annoy you but you get decent pay and it's permanent. What else do you need in a job anyway?
Bedrijfscultuur
Job ok but needs better management
Warehouse Associate/Quality Control Inspector (huidige medewerker) –  Windsor, CT23 februari 2018
The environment in the distribution centers is a mess. Management cant seem to figure out how to respect employees and get things done. Very dirty place to work in as well.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Not Paid well
Decent starter job
Customer Service Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Pico Rivera, CA23 februari 2018
Greeting customers
answering any questions customers may have
cashier
store maintenance

managers were easygoing and always available to answer any questions
flexible schedule
pay
mixed feelings
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Dodge, IA22 februari 2018
I loved the management team, but there were times when a line was crossed by the manager. Assistant managers were more understanding. I love the manager as a person and friend, but not as my manager.
Pluspunten
everything was $1 so i usually could afford to have lunch, a couple of food places in walking distance
only 5 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week, only one 10 minute break
Bedrijfscultuur
decent workplace with friendly workers helping each other out while working
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL22 februari 2018
typical shift would involve me standing in front of the cash register to complete purchases, and reorganizing shelves and helping out workers when there's no customers present at the register.
Quiet, relaxing environment
Minpunten
floor was not int he best cleaning condition, and breaks were short
Bedrijfscultuur
I love being around my co-workers they make me happy
STOCKER/CASHIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Newark, NJ22 februari 2018
How to choose a good company to work for it's a good career that will give you the hours you need they will help you if you looking for help and it's a good career
Pluspunten
Everybody help each other when they down
Minpunten
Just a short break that's all
A nice starting point.
Part-time Key Holder (huidige medewerker) –  Surrey, BC22 februari 2018
While doing morning shifts as a Key-Holder, the alarm is disabled, tills are turned on then the cashier and I head to the back to count the tills as well as the safe. Once we head upfront, we check the balloons for any orders and blow them up if there is some. A quick sweep and finishing any put-away's away that were left from the previous night. Once the doors are open, stocking being until the cashier is ready for a break, afterwards it continues.
Closing shifts I will arrive, check the safe, cash the other Key-Holder out then bring my till to the front.I will then give the cashier a break then go and stock, clean, do cardboard and garbage (if it is full). Put away's are finished and once the store closes we cash out, head to the back and I get the deposit ready then take it to the bank before heading home.
A good starting job
Minpunten
Not something you would like to stay in long term
Productive & work to work
Cashier/Assistant Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Calgary, AB22 februari 2018
Its been a great experience to work at Dollar Tree with good career opportunities.
Having started as as a cashier and now being an Asst. Store manager, is another stepping stone in my career
NA
NA
Okay
Cashier/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX22 februari 2018
It isn't the best place to work, but it isn't the worst either. I didn't like all of the management that worked there or in the district, but then again where do you work that you like everyone? Anyway, it was a stepping stone in my work history.
Minpunten
short breaks, rude people you have to deal with, manager is jerky, you have to work holidays
team work
Assistant manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Carson, CA22 februari 2018
Something i like about my job is that we all know well how to work a a team. When someone is not in the loop, we are able to all get each other on the same page. We all worked well together.
team players, schedule, experince
Minpunten
benefits
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
A great place for a collge student or retiree
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Creve Coeur, MO22 februari 2018
Friendly environment Customer Service are use all the time Flexible in hours but Associates hours are limited to certain amount I enjoy my new manager Shes fair.I still new a better paying job I have acquired a new skill and that would be cashiering The store requires restocking products back to the shelves I met the General Manager and she was nice and knowledgeable The store I work at carry alot of material
Flexible hours
Not goox inmlay
Bedrijfscultuur
Assistant Store Manager (huidige medewerker) –  4040 highland avenue22 februari 2018
been working at Dollar tree over a year now was promoted to manager then was relocated. Good place to work they like to promote within. monthly bonus for managers.
Bedrijfscultuur
Dollar tree is a good company to work for
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX22 februari 2018
I had a good experience with dollar tree.the Manger was excellent it was also a very clean environment.the management helps if we needed help when it get busy.
Good pay