Dollar Tree Reviews

Alle 9.999 reviews worden getoond
Fun over night stocking
Stock Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Richmond, VA16 februari 2018
Did overnight stocking learned to follow Plano gram good hours nice money left for personal reasons but all in all good company to work for would work for them again
Good hours
I hated this job.
Assistant Store Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Bayou Vista, LA16 februari 2018
I was able to be promoted after a year and some months of working there. The reason I wasn't promoted sooner was because of management that would constantly lie to us just to get what they wanted. They have no work/life balance if you're a manager and It really isn't worth the time to work here.
Short Term Job
CASHIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Idaho16 februari 2018
To start with we all have shopped at Dollar Tree, DO NOT JUST LEAVE STUFF AROUND THE STORE OR OPEN PACKAGES. We are expected to do much more in the store and to have to come in behind you and pick up the store after it is destroyed just makes it so much harder on employees. Just one person leaving one thing somewhere else times 600-800 people coming into that store is A LOT OF STUFF to pick up. I felt more like a MAID than cashier.
Seeing stuff early
Physically hard
Bedrijfscultuur
A place customers love and employees can tolerate
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (voormalige medewerker) –  Pearisburg, VA16 februari 2018
A typical day at work consisted of some stocking, but mostly face-to-face interaction with customers at the register. While working there, I learned that I cannot allow customers opinions to interfere with my personal reflection of myself or my job. However, I did learn how to effectively resolve customer's problems or concerns. My manager at Dollar Tree during 2016-2018 was very pleasant and personable for the most part. I did think the way he handled some situations were unprofessional and inappropriate, but he would apologize when things were out of hand. My co-workers were friendly and patient and intelligent and were willing to help or trade shifts with everyone if necessary. Unfortunately, we were a little understaffed but we still were able to preform our job in a professional matter regardless of the burden. The hardest part about my job was having to juggle my appointments, my children's appointments and schedules, and my schoolwork AND my job. At minimum wage and 25 hours a week, I was not able to provide for my family so I had to give my 2 weeks notice and buckle down and go back to school. Plus, part-time employees hardly have any incentive to stay other than the fact that it is a relatively easy job. The most enjoyable part of my job was the regular customers who appreciated my hard work and dedication. If something ever happened and I needed a job quickly, I know I could call Dollar Tree and still be able to count on them to give me a job if I were in a bind.
Pluspunten
Customer appreciation, intelligent and fun coworkers
Minpunten
Short breaks, Only 2 people on shift at all times, no access to benefits, no vacation, sick days, or time off
no hours
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Ottawa, ON16 februari 2018
The atmosphere is good customers are good. store is clean....Don't need as many people as we have, which makes it hard for people that have bills to pay to get the hours needed...
good atmosphere
NO HOURS
interesting
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Lebanon, PA16 februari 2018
working at the dollar tree always kept me on my toes because i never knew what to expect when i go in to start my shift. everyday was something different . i was ring up customers then go stock then when shipment came in i would be unloading
Fun place to work.
Cashier/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Ludington, MI16 februari 2018
Stock things at register,wait on customers,take care of reshops, try not to make customers wait to check out long. That I liked doing different things throughout the day. Willing to work with you and not stay in office all the time. The job really wasn't hard just had to really want to work. Having the job and getting along with everyone I worked with it was very laid back we helped each other. Very team oriented.
Team oriented
No heathcare coverage
friendly environment
Cashier/Stocker (voormalige medewerker) –  Largo, FL16 februari 2018
A typical day for me was counting my drawer in the beginning of shift.
I ring up items for the customers and make sure I am kindly meeting there requests. This was a Friendly environment and a good team to work with.
got paid weekly
5 min breaks
Temporary worker
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Amherst, NH16 februari 2018
I only worked there for the holiday season- literally a month between November and December. Once Christmas was over, they simply stopped scheduling me without warning.
Bedrijfscultuur
It is an ok place to work..
Assistant Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Midland, MI15 februari 2018
Dollar Tree can be an fun place to work depending on upper management. I really do not have muc to say I worked for Dollar Tree for 15 years and have been both a Store Manager and an assistant manager. I have both enjoyed it and hated it..
Not terrible
Sales associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Shillington, PA15 februari 2018
Good first job. Gives you some retail experience and how to deal with customers. Pay was only minimum wage and you got about 15 hours a week if you were lucky.
Bedrijfscultuur
Dollar Tree can stress you out if you let it!
Cashier/Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Memphis, TN15 februari 2018
The worst time to work for dollar tree is during the Christmas season. Customers will usually corporate but when things don't move as fast as they would like they will get testy. I tend to small and joke when they may start feel uneasy, its my job to call for backup when 5 or more guest enter my line. I try to keep the fast pace but will usually have a lot of obstacles. I will 8 of 10 times greet guest as the walk into the store making for a better experience.
Pluspunten
Just depend of the time and management
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Dallas, GA15 februari 2018
I love the environment of my work place. The people are professional and amazing. I like that the work place can become fast pace. I love interacting with the public. My management team is great. Only thing wrong with the company is not enough hours and not enough pay.
Pluspunten
Easy going but also fast pace work environment
Not enough hours or pay
N/a
Dollar Tree Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Grandview, WA15 februari 2018
It was a good work environment, fast paced and plenty to do. It is a good first job for someone starting to look for work. You mainly provide good customer service.
Hectic
Cashier/Stock (huidige medewerker) –  Bronx, NY15 februari 2018
Some days are better than others, but the goal is to service the customer with a smile and to work together as a team to achieve these goals and the target we are suppose to meet
Bedrijfscultuur
Never rec. this place to anyone
Dollar Tree Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Syracuse, NY14 februari 2018
Typical work day at least were I was placed. Sign in and attempt to stock shelves as customers need to be rung out, same with unloading trucks. Very few times the correct amount of staff on duty.
NA
No integrity
Bedrijfscultuur
They was ok at first till I moved stores
Assistant Manager and Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Ruston, LA14 februari 2018
They manager at the grambling store was racist and talked about the employees where they could here them. Said they was better off without me and I was slow and etc not professional at all
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
fun little place for people who just want 2 shifts a week...not me
Cashier (Part-time) (voormalige medewerker) –  Barrie, ON14 februari 2018
cashier mostly i learned alot and how to deal with customers, they dont give out many shifts so the salary and pay day is very low looking for a new job
organized
not many shifts
Bedrijfscultuur
Would make a good job for a high-school student.
Freight manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Poughkeepsie, NY14 februari 2018
As a manager it was quite stressful. My store managers were great-outstanding people, however some of the co-managers i could not say the same about unfortunately. Most stress would however come from corporate. You would have one corporate official instructing you to do things one way while another would be telling you o do it the opposite way generating a lot of issues. Then at times they could be very disrespectful. From this I was able to learn how to deal and interact with people from a corporate office.
A lot of hours
Minpunten
A lot of hours and not always fair pay
decent work environment
Ensembled store/cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Nashville, TN14 februari 2018
They worked with you when it came to the scheduling. Was not to much over bearing work load. I was offered to advance within the company. There was to much gossiping there for me though.

Algehele waardering