Dollar Tree Reviews

12.026 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 12.099 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Merchandise Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY11 september 2018
constantly busy, a lot of people shoplifts. management disrespectful, Filling in for employees the hardest part. the employees was most enjoyable..
bonuses
no teamwork
5,0
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a good job to have
Dollar Tree Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Berea, OH11 september 2018
I liked that I could help others and learn about the store and also stalk shelves when I was suppose to and people are very kind and patient with you but you have to make sure the lines are short
Pluspunten
Being able to get snacks and stuff on your break and puting holiday things ouy
Minpunten
No discounts customers sometimes are in a hurry
Store Manager
Store manager (huidige medewerker) –  Harrisburg, NC11 september 2018
As a SM you are always on call. Once you leave the store you are still on the clock. As long as you have a good assistant management team you can do your job like the company trains you for but if not you will basically live at your store. Salary is based off 45 hours per week but you're required to work and schedule yourself 48 hours. Annually raises IF you get a good review, if not you're stuck with same salary until following year.
Pluspunten
paid time off for FT employees. Good learning experience for future jobs
Minpunten
Hours, pay, not enough tools to do the jobs the way they train you
Dollar Tree
DISTRICT MANAGER (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY11 september 2018
Dollar Tree is a bit of a cut throat organization focused heavily on individual accountability versus a teamwork atmosphere. I deal with the "seedy underbelly" of the markets in which I operate. Hiring the lowest in my markets at $7.25/hour.
Bonus pay
Minpunten
Work life balance, lack of teamwork
not good
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Brookhaven, PA11 september 2018
Typical day
- walk in get orders barked at you
- the store is a complete mess, boxes in the aisle
- crazy busy, little to no staff help
- rude and sneaky employees
- little to no break time
work
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Pittsburg, CA11 september 2018
typical day at work is that i'm in the cashier and whenever theirs no costumer in the counter ill restock store stuff, greet costumers and put air in the balloons.
Not a job you want!
Cashier/Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Reading, PA11 september 2018
Dollar Tree is fairly not a good job, it’s not a good job for someone who is 18 or older because the pay is horrible. I think you should be making around 9.00$ to be able to call yourself a good job.
Short Break, and Poor Pay
I enjoyed the customers
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA11 september 2018
A typical day isn't so bad unless your the only cashier and it gets busy. When that happens it's hard for you to get your breaks and then the customers complain and it ruined a lot of my days.
It was close to my home
Not enough money
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Very stressful and physical
Operations/Merchandise Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Delaware, OH11 september 2018
very negative and stressful atmosphere, poor management/team work. Manager at this location was not happy with her position and responsibilities and create much stress and negativity. More professionalism is needed.
Pluspunten
exposure to value/variety of items, exposure to customers
Minpunten
negative attitude of management, very physical and stessing to body
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
good work place
Stocker/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Decatur, IL10 september 2018
I had to run the cash register had to stock shelves had to clean bathrooms and take out trash had to unload trucks had to sweep floors had to take care of costerme
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Productive and Collaborative
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Gatesville, TX10 september 2018
Although we were not a very high volume store we stayed pretty busy with things to do. With lack of hours available we had to work harder to make sure things were done when they needed to be. This includes cashiers and managers stalking most of our freight during business hours along with our other typical duties. Management was pretty good about trying to work with all of the employees schedules and wants aside from giving full time hours. In the store I was at only two people were allowed to be full time. The crew worked together pretty well. We learned what each person we worked with was best at and usually assigned them to do tasks that they had strength in (this is what I did and most other managers).
The hardest part of the job was unloading trucks and making sure that freight was getting moves like it needed to be because most of the time truck came during work hours and we had one cashier up front and the manager and maybe one other person, when possible, in the back of the store unloading. Sometimes that got a little difficult because there were functions in which the manager was often needed to go to the front in the middle of unloading to help the cashier.
The best part of working there was the people that I got to work with. They were great. Most of them always worked hard to get things done and we used teamwork to get it all done faster. When one had time they usually would come over and help even when they did not have to.
Pluspunten
teamwork, lunches when applicable, breaks
healthcare, pay, hours
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Dollar Tree
Head Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Ogden, UT10 september 2018
I was head cashier, I came in at noon to 530 worked some open shifts. I keep great costumer service with people. was always there and would come in on call. if someone did not show up they could count on me. I was good with money never too short or to over. I was one of the faster cashiers with getting the ideam's rang up. Bagged and money collected. I was a rehire. I started the year before worked just for the season. went back the start of the next year. I worked there for a couple years. Decided to go to go to collage . the hardest part of the job standing on my feet . The most enjoyable I got to meet a lot of people. They come in all the time. I am good with people.
Pluspunten
Great time to talk to many people face to face.
Minpunten
standing on my feet to long causes problems
it was very quick paced
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Youngstown, OH10 september 2018
it was a quick pace work environment with a lot of things to get done in a short amount of time but had a lot of friendly people and coworkers which made the day go by quickly
no discounts
Bedrijfscultuur
High hours, low pay, no appreciation or support beyond the store staff.
Store Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  South Zanesville, OH10 september 2018
If you are looking for a 10 hour a week job at minimum wage, with a high workload, this is the place for you. Otherwise, keep looking.

Store Managers are expected to be on call 24/7 to cover all call off's or what ever comes up. You must be scheduled 48 hours, you'll never work that, 60-70 is the reality, October to January forget seeing your family. DM/RM's pressure you and threaten your job but will not give any support.

Assistant managers are barely above minimum wage ($9) and get 15-25 hours, one full time Assistant( barely making $10) is to do freight, but is expected to be the manager on duty and close two nights a week, then get pressured because the freight isn't getting out.

Overall, if you have any management experience, find another company. You won't get any appreciation or advancement from this company.
customers, optional benefits
Minpunten
unrealistic freight level, no payroll to staff store, DM/RM create hostile work enviroment
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
5,0
Bedrijfscultuur
Awesome job and loved it
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Greensboro, NC10 september 2018
Although it didn’t pay much I loved the environment. My at the time manager was great! He was very understand and sincere. Most relaxed manager I’ve ever had!!!! Would work there again if salary were higher. Only negative thing it can get backed up and had low back up.
nothing much to say
Customer Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC10 september 2018
The experience I have met, the days can be very fruitful with the task of work and also the customers, Sometimes the days can be typically fruitful and a lot to deal with which I like, I learned a lot of ways of solving different problems, When there is a situation with customers there a times we have to be the mediator with customer and there are times you have to be able to do some extra effort with the customers, The hardest part of the job is when you don't have a plan when you get to work, The hardest part of the job just working when there is no extra help I enjoy being a manager,
fun place to work
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Delta, BC9 september 2018
typical day help customers stock merchandise and overall just keep the store clean. Is a relaxed work place learned great customer service skills. Great store
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Store managers work
Store Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Baltimore, MD9 september 2018
As a store manager you have to work 50 or more hours per week. This is to keep your sales going and also requires you to work at other stores no matter what is going on in your store. Work life balance is way off. You spend more time at work than you do at home about 55 to 65 hours per week. Not a good place to work if you have a life outside of work.
Monthly bonuses
Not enough payroll hours
great
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA9 september 2018
enjoyed working here was with the company for 8 years great manager great schedule great co workers just needed better pay for my position cashier stocker and unloading trucks
Bedrijfscultuur
Too much to do, no hours to do it
Store Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Marrero, LA9 september 2018
If you enjoy never being able to enjoy the feeling of accomplishment, and are completely fine with constant battles of full stockrooms and trying to fill shelves all day, then this is right up your alley.
Possibilty of frequent bonuses
Minpunten
You really need to live in your store to be semi successful
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Dollar Tree. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag