Dollar Tree Reviews

Alle 11.462 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Great Management and Fun Place to work
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Smith, AR 7290115 juli 2018
By far the best general manager i have worked for in my career. Honest, Polite, Well Mannered, Very Opinionated, as well as correct actions and disciplinary action given fairly. was a great mentor and idol some one you could talk to for advice and not feel unwanted or uncomfortable a great instructor and teacher.
Team Oriented, Positive Staff
Hours
Bedrijfscultuur
I love meeting new people
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Bridgeport, CT15 juli 2018
Meet and greet customers. Customer service. Ringing out of customer merchandise. Cash , credit and ebt use. Check processing. Cleaning and stocking of product.
non
Minpunten
short breaks, short shifts, no time overtime
good place to work
Cashier/ Asst. Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Columbia City, IN15 juli 2018
Im a asst manager and was promoted just for the Christmas season for 2017 and was never demoted back down to a cashier, I currently help run shifts in 2 stores and i have filled in several other. I've learned how to open and close down the store, complete all closing and opening procedures and unload the stores, frozen truck, and do the ordering and unload the other truck. the one store i work for has a great store manager , the store I'm assigned to currently has no store manager. The part of the job i hate is knowing i do more work then the part time asst manager in one of the store and I'm under paid . Between both store i work almost 38- 40 hour.The best part of the job i love is meeting new people ,working with the public, and seeing the kids come in . i love retail, i love being around people. I love to interact with people.
customers are great
low pay
Fun and easy
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Fort Meade, FL14 juli 2018
Its a perfect job if you need something part time. Nothing to hard but do need to be able to lift at least 50lb and you are on your feet the whole time you are at work.
Terrible work place
Assistant Manager and Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Mankato, MN14 juli 2018
-Typical day involved dealing with cranky customers because there was never enough staff to work on the registers
-Work place very unsafe as the stock room was filled nearly to the ceiling with many boxes
-Management was not open to new ideas and treated employees poorly and had employees partake in unsafe requests, such as climbing on top of the boxes in the stock room
-Coworkers were usually late or didn't show up
-Hardest part of the job was juggling stocking shelves while running the register
-Overall a very thankless job
Minpunten
Short hours, short breaks, short staffed, poor management, poor benefits, no security cameras in case your things got stolen
Outgoing ,fun fastpaste job
Stocker (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC14 juli 2018
I would maintain store inventory levels.such qs duties i unloading shipments, arranging storage room areas monitoring inventory levels, and filling supplies on the floor
30 min lunch break and two 10 min break
N/A
Not worth it
Assistant Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Towanda, PA13 juli 2018
They alienate the hard working employees and favor/baby the new people as if they can do no wrong.
Had an employee fall asleep, I got in trouble for writing him up.
10 minute break no matter what
Drama, sexist, favoritism
Stressful
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Harrisburg, PA13 juli 2018
• Responded to customers request and directed to merchandise
• Greeted customers promptly
• Operated a cash register for cash, check and credit card transactions
Not good
Cashier/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Hamburg, NY13 juli 2018
From my experience at working at three stores it's not fun. Some managers are better than others. They are often under staffed an busy. There never seems to be enough people working even though there are plenty of people on the schedule. Shifts are crummy. People are often grumpy. Its very hard to work part time at dollar tree and another job. Your break is scheduled an often I barely had time to eat and go to the bathroom. Some stores the manager will let you go to the bathroom quickly but most require you to wait till your break. You get 10 min for a break. The only job I recommend would be a stock person. They are only closed on Christmas for a few hours. Even when there was a driving ban I had to go to work. Corporate won't let the managers close the store for any reason. I worked in the blizzard an multiple times the weather was not safe to be in and almost got into several accidents going to and from work on days the store should have been closed.
Pluspunten
Good managets sometimes, flexible hours
Minpunten
No beneifits, short breaks, corporate not good, never close
Bedrijfscultuur
dollar tree does not really care about their employees
Asst. manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Lindale, TX13 juli 2018
it is very hard to move up in the company. they give bonuses to the 2 full time managers but to no one else. They do not hire enough people to take care of the store and customers
Productive workplace
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Apollo, PA13 juli 2018
It was a great place to work! My co-workers were friendly. We had a great team and we all worked together well. Management was fantastic and did a great job at keeping the store clean and maintained a positive atmosphere!
Bedrijfscultuur
I work hard but enjoy my position.
Cashier/Customer Service/Stocker (huidige medewerker) –  Riverview, FL13 juli 2018
I have worked many years for Dollar Tree and enjoy my job but the hours are based on sale s not on experience. It is great for someone whom needs part time hours.
Bedrijfscultuur
Very stressful environment not enough pay or hours
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  United States13 juli 2018
Dollar tree was not the best job to work for always had no call no shows always new employers not enough pay or hours manager was very rude store was never clean .
Everything’s a dollar
Short break
Assistant Manager Retail (voormalige medewerker) –  Springfield, MA12 juli 2018
Wish I could have stayed but I had to relocate , I had very great co workers , only thing is the assosicates were alittle unreliable so made it hard for the work say
Bedrijfscultuur
Management would curse and yell in your face. You were just a number
Forklift Operator (voormalige medewerker) –  Ridgefield, WA12 juli 2018
Horrible place to work. I'm so glad I quit. Management was awful. No one cared expect when it came to firing people for no reason or writing people up for no reason.
It was alright
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Cape Girardeau, MO12 juli 2018
I loved Dollar Tree when I first started working back at home but when I came to this Dollar Tree it wasn’t the same. We had people quiting or not showing up for shifts all the time. When we got a new GM I almost wasn’t allowed to go back home for break, mind you I’m a college student living in a dorm and we had to pay to stay in the dorms over breaks. And that’s EXPENSIVE. When I changed my major to art my classes got longer so my schedule conflicted with my work schedule/they didn’t look at my availability right and then out of nowhere they stopped putting me on the schedule without telling me.
Pluspunten
My pay didn’t change when I transferred
Minpunten
They didn’t tell me they were letting me go
Productive work place
CASHIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Memphis, Tennessee12 juli 2018
I typical like to work hard at what I do and I always give my best at everything I do. I learned to manage myself at a good pace to get things done right. I most enjoy being great at what I do and working to achieve my goals in life.
cheap items
Assistant Store Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Aiken, SC12 juli 2018
When working at Dollar Tree, you are busy from the time you clock in until the time you clock out. It is entirely to much work for so little pay. Manager pay is also not enough for all the work the is expected.
Cheap items
low pay for employees
Productive And Busy
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Glenmont, NY12 juli 2018
Keep postive
Have to have patience.
There will be cistomers that come in with an attitide or just aggravted. Its your job to keep focus and stay on the right track for the next customer
Productive and good environment
Assistant Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Spring Hill, TN12 juli 2018
It all depends on the customer and satisfying them
Hardest part not having the product
Seeing a customer leaving happy
Minimum wage is hard to live on
The hours aren’t great either
Say don’t have enough hours but want to hire more people but don’t give the employees that are already there the hours that they claim don’t have
Don’t give you a second chance to redeem yourself
The whole entire company sucks
The employees
Short breaks health care
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Dollar Tree. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag