Dollar Tree Reviews

Alle 12.446 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
A place you can work
OPS Assistant Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Rohnert Park, CA10 oktober 2018
A typical day as an assistant manager at Dollar Tree includes answering customer questions and phone calls/emails, cashiering, stocking shelves and freezers, getting change for cashiers, go backs, recovery, overall cleaning. Receiving vendor orders and ordering frozen stock bi-weekly. If you have a good team around you it is a good place to work. Unfortunately turn-over is high as the company is strict on hours and overtime and majority of employees are strictly part-time and make minimum wage. Theft rate is high and many of the customers can be rude/demeaning, even to management but just as many if not more are very sweet and can truly make your day.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Boring and slow everyday but saturday.
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Columbia, TN10 oktober 2018
Dollar Tree was never consistent with hours and the customers are rude. The management is fine but it seems like some managers just don't care. We have a lot of workers but some never get any work time.
Minpunten
Short breaks, rude customers, and bad pay
Good work place
Assistant Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Brookhaven, PA10 oktober 2018
Good job great boss easy to work with a great team fun place can move up fast love dealing with customers everyday dealing with making sure store safety for your employees and also customers or who come in the dollar tree doors
Great job
Great job
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Everything's a dollar including your worth as a human being
Returns (voormalige medewerker) –  Carrollton, TX9 oktober 2018
I worked here on and off for around four years, but during all that time, they were unmoving with my schedule of 6 hours a week. At first I didn't have the stamina for a full shift and was offered super-part time till I got used to it, but no one ever let me take more hours, though I begged for them.

I was only allowed to work Saturday and Sunday nights, closing, so no weekend life to speak of. Each day I was only allowed to work three hours, for a total of six hours per week. This was how they got out of having to give me a paid 15 minute break.

Turned out most people used dollar tree to try to fill in the gaps in their other two or three retail jobs so they could be working full-time as an individual. Dollar Tree managers respected their role as back-fill for people to try and work full time in retail. The schedule in the office had about 40 employees on it for just one week. It was three sheets of paper stapled together.

I never made more than $7.50 ish per hour but they did give you a nickle 'raise' every six months or so.

This was my first job and It was very hard for me to adjust but having worked like six retail jobs since then I now realize that it was laid back and that my managers just thought it was their jobs to make me feel bad about what I was doing. It was as toxic as most retail places.

My job was to make the entire store look totally neat and presentable in just three hours with no help, on Saturday and Sunday when we had the most shoppers, when no one else had been facing the store all day. On holiday weekends I would sometimes have help,
  meer... but It wasn't really enough.

You learn a lot about why, specifically, you don't like being around other people when you work at a store like this. The customers were openly abusive to their children or else let their children wreck the store and there was no in between. It was shocking how every day we had to throw away around $40 in merchandise people had stolen just one piece of product out of. Everything was a dollar and also please just take the whole thing. Its unsaleable if you take just one piece.
  minder
Pluspunten
everything's a dollar, let you take unusually few hours
Minpunten
everything's a dollar plus tax, won't give you more hours, personally responsible for the slow death of mother earth
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Slow paced
Dollar Tree Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Barstow, CA9 oktober 2018
Working at Dollar tree is a good job for an intern and volunteer work. My experience with Dollar tree was good you get to meet friendly people and friendly customers, some are rude but you just have to remember your not there for them your there to make your money
Friendly place
Short breaks
Not a bad summer job
Customer Service Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Healdsburg, CA9 oktober 2018
I worked part-time over summer break. I would wake up sometime in the 4am's to unload the truck. Not a hard job if you can move around decently.
I speak Spanish pretty fluently so I was able to speak to a couple of the back room ladies. They were cool. Basically two work moms.
Pluspunten
Easy job if you dont mind exercise
It's the Dollar Tree
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Enjoyable place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (voormalige medewerker) –  Keyser, WV9 oktober 2018
The Dollar Tree provides an atmosphere that makes working for them enjoyable. Customers are always happy when an employee shows a little more attention to their needs. Making them smile is one of Dollar Tree's main goal.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Nice first job
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Orange City, FL9 oktober 2018
Dollar Tree, was a great first job to work at especially since I was still attending school when I first started working. It taught me how to work in a fast paced job and how to handle situations calmly and collectively.
Great Place
Cashier, Stocker (voormalige medewerker) –  calera al9 oktober 2018
Its a great place to work. Friendly workers and meeting new customers daily was my favorite part of working there. Pay was good as well but didn't get many hours.
friendly, constant work
not enbough hours
productive
Stocker (voormalige medewerker) –  Chesapeake, VA9 oktober 2018
I worked over night and did stock. it is a easy and hard job. the unloading of trucks was the hardest part of the job. the staff was great to work with.
trucks
Job
Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Flint, MI9 oktober 2018
It is a easy job. Speaking to customers is so easy and enjoyment putting smiles on people faces. I loved working there. Just when unloading the truck in the winter is so cold.
Total chaos
Reach Truck Operator (voormalige medewerker) –  Berwick, PA9 oktober 2018
They let assiociated yell at you when you drive by even thought it’s a safety hazard and do not enforce their own rules. Numerous times had I asked my managers to have associates to not yell at me. Managers failed to stop them. Also painted orange poles for a staging area for pallets to be put away but the managers would not enforce the rule to not put more pallets in designated areas. Very poor management.
Bedrijfscultuur
It was okay working there it's just not what I wanted
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Bakersfield, CA8 oktober 2018
Working at Dollar Tree at of all the job's i ever had was kind of worse all I can say is my bosses made me feel comfortable I left because that's not the kind of job I want it
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun and fast paced place to work
Full Time Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Toledo, OH8 oktober 2018
*A typical day at work could be anything to slow to busy, just depends on the time of day it is *I learned that as long as you work hard you can achieve anything *Management could be both easy and hard but its all about the energy you bring to the table *The hardest part of the job is when you are dealing with a rude customer
Everything is just $1
Minpunten
short breaks and unpaid lunches
Productive and entertaining
Stacker (voormalige medewerker) –  Hartford, CT8 oktober 2018
I think it would be easier to work as a team to finish projects and details that are needed for store needs and customer satisfaction. Always lend a helping hand.
Fun work environment
Stocker (voormalige medewerker) –  Milwaukee, WI8 oktober 2018
It was ok could have been better . I enjoyed some of the workers... manager was nice and quiet . It could have been better by increasing the security and get a few more workers in the store so everything could be smooth and everyone could work properly!
variety of schedules,
Shipping (huidige medewerker) –  Windsor, CT8 oktober 2018
Company has a super high turn over, lack of training process, SOP are not well explained to associates. Production incentives were very bad to the point most people didn't want to achieve higher volume
Friendly Environment
CASHIER (huidige medewerker) –  Puyallup, WA 983718 oktober 2018
Best management team that I have been under. Positive environment. Flexibility to work the hours that are you are needing if you also have another part time job.
short shifts
Nice place to work
Merchandising Assistance Store Manager (huidige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA 921208 oktober 2018
Plan the day every morning as a ASM. Count money, read emails, bank, any paper work that need to be done. Also markdown items the need to be markdown. Open the store for business..
Easy
No Over Time
a job
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Fishers, IN8 oktober 2018
I come in check my area open my register i rang up customers bag order and some time get off the register and stock.After we close we clean up the store
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Dollar Tree. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag