Reviews voor Sales Associate bij Dollar Tree

627 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 11.459 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast-Paced and always a job to do
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Zachary, LA20 juli 2018
I personally enjoyed this job because I like being busy and always having something to do. Whether it was sweeping the floor, stocking items out of place or assisting customers at check-out, there was never a reason to stand with nothing to do.
Great Management and Fun Place to work
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Smith, AR 7290115 juli 2018
By far the best general manager i have worked for in my career. Honest, Polite, Well Mannered, Very Opinionated, as well as correct actions and disciplinary action given fairly. was a great mentor and idol some one you could talk to for advice and not feel unwanted or uncomfortable a great instructor and teacher.
Team Oriented, Positive Staff
Hours
Fun and easy
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Fort Meade, FL14 juli 2018
Its a perfect job if you need something part time. Nothing to hard but do need to be able to lift at least 50lb and you are on your feet the whole time you are at work.
Wasn't My Favorite Place to Work
New York- Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY9 juli 2018
I learned a few things with this company that still benefit me to this day but they are unorganized. Improvement is definitely needed. If you are looking for something part time this would be good.
A boring workplace
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Michigan8 juli 2018
Any job titles experience all entirely rely on your managers at the specific locations. Some of the managers will actually care what you do, but a majority of the rest are up in the air on what you do.
Management Needs Work, Fun With Right People
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Wilmington, MA7 juli 2018
Recently there had been a management change with two managers that don't get along. Before it was a good place with excellent customer service. Now there is one manager who does not get along with people well.
Small Group of People to Work With
Minpunten
Lots of work with not enough people
SALES ASSOCIATE (voormalige medewerker) –  Pikeville, KY2 juli 2018
really enjoyable job. I was a seasonal worker so after christmas, i didn't have a job anymore which was really depressing. Especially since I was broke during the holidays.
Pluspunten
Stamina building, entertaining, always something new.
Minpunten
short breaks, not enough payment for the work you done
Are there favorites?
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Davenport, FL29 juni 2018
Associate was hired in Davenport FL. Instead of scheduling based on operational needs, associate is a back fill to cover only last minute call outs. Or for late truck deliveries. Discriminating maybe? When asked why no hours were scheduled for a fourth week, mgmt replied they tried calling the number on file, with no answer. Asked why associate was not informed when associate called store for schedule, silence was the norm. Or the potential to leave a voice mail? Now, since no one wants to work July 4, 2018. Associate was scheduled??? Let us see if there is any retaliation for speaking out.
Good Experience
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Rowland Heights, CA25 juni 2018
Working at Dollar Tree provided me with good experience and opportunity to work as stock clerk and sales associate. I enjoyed customer service. It was a positive working environment and all the employees were professional and courteous.
Good experience
Temporary employment
sales associate
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Hanover, PA23 juni 2018
Poor management from both in store and district manager. Poor communication skills between manager and associates. Cased a lot of ruffled feathers, and several to quit.
Dollar Tree
Sale Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  917 east Hallandale Beach22 juni 2018
Dollar Tree is a company where everyone can work, the customers are very kind, they're respectful. I like the coworkers at Dollar Tree they're understanding , helpful. I love the customer service there, the way the customer ask for help, and thank me . Some customers are sometimes difficult, and unhappy, but I always make my best to satisfy them , I always smile to them and thank them for choosing Dollar Tree as their favorite shopping place. More further I learned a lot from that job, I learn how to treat the customers even though they seem mad, how to make them smile even though they seem mad. I learned how to calm them when they get mad .
Wonderful Experience
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Bellwood, IL22 juni 2018
What I've learned from working at Dollar Tree is how to expect the unexpected and be versatile in all fields. Management was excellent and pushed out the best in you. It's a diversified workplace and I loved it.
Bedrijfscultuur
You do EVERYTHING for little pay, does not follow safety procedures
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Tennessee17 juni 2018
Only management is full time. They employ a small pool of managers then a large pool of part time employees to keep cost low, as only a very tiny portion of employees will receive benefits, hours, and higher wages.

You get paid minimum wage to do the job of a full-time employee at any other retail chain, only difference is you get less hours. You're not hired as just a cashier or stocker... you're hired as everything, just short of management duties.

At my store, it was one manager one employee per shift. Manager usually stays all day stocking/managing while one part-time employee cashiers, cleans, and tries to stock. You have to check someone out, but when the line is empty (called "down time" even though that implies a rest, which it isn't) RUN to try and stock, but you only ever get maybe 30 seconds to a minute to stock before you have to RUN back to register. If you don't notice a customer fast enough before a manager, they'll call you to the front which is sometimes humiliating because you now look rude to the customer. So, essentially, they have you doing two or three bad jobs at once for the bare minimum of a wage.

I also did not like how you only have a $3 limit to being short/over at the till. Most places allow $10 short/over. It's seriously not surprising the turn over rate is so high, because you go over $3 at least once a week or so. It's human nature; you miscount, or the customer gets angry and you just slip up trying to get them through. But do that 3 times, and you're fired. It's not practical.

My store did not follow safety protocols. I still don't
  meer... know where fire exits or extinguishers are. At least 3-4 times a week the "break room" (one chair in a tiny corner of the store room next to a 1990's microwave, covered in trash) is blocked by piles and piles of heavy boxes. When not blocked, the "break room" is surrounded closely on all sides by leaning piles of boxes, one of which could topple and injure someone. Apparently you're supposed to do a monthly safety meeting, instead they have us just check a box online saying we did when we didn't.

Management is nice. But nice management doesn't make up for poor company ethics and practices.
  minder
Pluspunten
Low wages, too much expected of one person, little to no help, outdated tech, can only be $3 short/over
Minpunten
Works around a schedule, experience, usually gives you days off if you give 2 week heads up, nice people
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Not a good place to work
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Clinton, SC17 juni 2018
Under staffed and lack of strong management.. cannot complain to corporate because they don't listen to their employees. only if you're in management.
Only one cashier most of the time unless management knows the big boss is coming in, then she's right on key.. Management is slacking and disrespectful to employees
productive workplace
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Savannah, GA12 juni 2018
I usually worked the night shift, which was a lot of fun!
I loved that we got a lot of regulars.
It was fun keeping up with their lives and getting to know my shift-mates.

The environment was very easy, and I had a great relationship with everyone I worked with.

The hardest part of the job was having to compensate for the leftover work, from the dayshift. I usually had a lot of tasks to take care of, in addition to my own, because many things were leftover, from the day.

But, it wasn't too hard to handle, because the people I worked with made my shift a lot of fun.
Bedrijfscultuur
productive & not bad of a workplace
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Brooklyn, NY12 juni 2018
A typical Day at work I had to fix one of the most difficult sections to fix and I honestly didnt know where to start so from that day I learned that its best to start off just grab an empty cart and to just pull everything off the shelves so that I can start fixing everything much more than great. Management wise I can say I dont know it all but I can say I did learn that it is a very big responsibility you chose to persue and a huge responsibility you were givin as well. the workplace culture is really good there is definitely a lot of leadership, and appreciation. The hardest part of the job is honestly being the only person recovering the store because it customers just throw items anywhere in the store rarely they put items back where they belong so as me being the only recovery person its hard to do all the work alone that shift. what I most enjoy is my 10 minute break & helping customers.
Pluspunten
flexible with schedules, very understanding people
break is only 10 minutes, one recovery person per night
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work, will always keep you busy and on your toes!
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Strathroy, ON10 juni 2018
I have learned many great customer service and sales associate skills at this workplace. I have now a wide range of knowledge about what goes on in the retail world.
Bedrijfscultuur
its a good job if you do not mind working part time
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Tehachapi, CA8 juni 2018
usually flexible hours
minimum wage for new employees
mainly part time
10 minute breaks
stores may not have air conditioning
learn how to process incoming deliveries
Bedrijfscultuur
Very low hours and pay. Not able to provide for ones self.
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Delmar, NY8 juni 2018
For a high school kid it is a good starting job, low hours low pay. As far as being an adult and trying to make ends meet the job sorely lacks. Poor management.
Okay for part time
sales associate (huidige medewerker) –  Baton Rouge, LA6 juni 2018
Fine if you are in the management positions, but as with any other company hours only come with the holidays. So this is only good for people wanting to keep busy and not interested in extra or any income.
breaks and meals
Minpunten
to many employee not enough work hours
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Dollar Tree. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag