Foreign & Commonwealth Office Reviews

Alle 68 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Exceptionally productive and excellent Team ethos
Assistant Defence Attaché & Staff Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Seoul, South Korea1 december 2016
Working with other government departments; working in the diplomatic and international arena; working with a dedicated and focused team, punching far above our limits. Able to utilise language skills. Great to experience a completely different culture.
Pluspunten
Great way to begin the transition from Military to Civilian life.
Minpunten
Long hours and lack of work/life balance.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Nice people to work for
Decorator (voormalige medewerker) –  London16 september 2016
I went to Moscow and Oslo to hang wallpaper. I had a great time and was very well looked after. The whole experience was great.
Nice places to work
away from home
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Banking and Projects Officer (voormalige medewerker) –  Milton Keynes27 juli 2016
I received a lot of in-house training, used a lot of new applications. Met lovely people from all backgrounds, assisted management with various internet banking projects and implemented it. It was a big success. We worked real hard and did take time to celebrate the completion too...
good team to work with
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 2Rapporteren
interesting job
Store Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Milton Keynes13 juni 2016
interesting culture and job roles within company ,nice co workers .
good holiday entitlement .good advancement opportunity's
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 2Rapporteren
Current Position
Regional Contract Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Europe6 maart 2016
I have responsiblity for the delivery of Hard and Soft services for the FCO within APAC and Europe. Management of stakeholder relationships and budget responsibility. Development and review of KPI's and SLA's. Audit management and completion, man management, contractor management of TFM contract.

Working in a good environment with good co-workers. The hardest part of my job is delivering messages to stakeholders which are not welcomed. The most enjoyable part is stakeholder relationships and variety of work.
Luncheon Vouchers, Bonus, Medical Cover and Pension
Lack of progression
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 49Nee 3Rapporteren
Friendly & Multicultural environment
Language Tutor (voormalige medewerker) –  London25 februari 2016
I taught Lithuanian to British diplomats at the Diplomatic Service Language Centre of the FCO. The job was interesting and rewarding.
I was providing language training to ambassadors, political secretaries and other diplomats. I had to introduce Lithuanian culture, relevant political issues, e.g. integration into EU, NATO, economics, social aspects. I was also involved with cultural seminars and linguistic training sessions.
The management was great, we had to regularly be upraised and had to write reports ourselves. The line managers were always very helpful and friendly. My work colleagues were tutors from different countries of the world, it was a pleasure to work and socialise with them. The hardest part of the job was saying good-bye to my students. The most enjoyable and rewarding part was seeing the results.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Lots of changes in the past 7 years otherwise pretty good employer
Test Manager/Senior Software Tester (voormalige medewerker) –  Milton Keynes, ENG18 januari 2016
Flexible hours for permanent staff which is good, and, support for further education if permanent staff which is also good. Seems to be lots of contract staff about who have been there a very long time, but, quite a reasonable bunch to work with.
Pluspunten
Variable work load. Can be interesting working with other Gov.Dept's.
Advancement can be slow.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 39Nee 3Rapporteren
Ok place to work
Program Officer (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY7 januari 2016
Good place to start, but limited opportunity for growth. They don't take taxes out of your check so you end up in trouble with the IRS at the end of the year and end up in debt.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 101Nee 24Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work if you wish to travel and enjoy liaising with people from different countries
L&D/HR Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  London21 juni 2015
My diplomatic service experience enables me to demonstrate confidentiality, sensitivity, initiative and sound judgement. My ability to be resilient, flexible and adaptable was largely developed whilst working at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London intertwined with 9 years overseas postings to embassies overseas. In addition, the rich experience and knowledge I gained through interaction with a diverse range of people and cultures both at home and overseas makes me a credible candidate.

I have good organisational, communication and interpersonal skills. I am a reliable team player, able to work under pressure, with minimum supervision and discretion. I also have fast/accurate IT skills thus able to deliver a rapid turnover of tasks. For example my work at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office would often involve preparation of urgent briefing for No10 or the Palace which would mean re-prioritising other tasks in order to produce work to a high quality at short notice and within tight deadlines.

My Masters degree and CIPD courses covered a diverse range of modules, for example, employee relations, employment law, performance and reward, effective management and leadership, learning and development, people resourcing and strategic HRM. In addition, I also undertook dissertations on managing workplace diversity and occupational stress. I am therefore aware of the importance of achieving employee engagement/commitment and its effect on recruitment/retention, motivation, organisational culture, employer branding and thus competitive advantage. However, I am willing
  meer... to learn new skills to keep abreast with rapid changes in innovation and technology.  minder
Travel. Flexible/Remote working.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 3Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work if you enjoy overseas travel and liaising with international organisations, external stakeholders, NGOs and OGDs
HR Learning and Development Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  London19 mei 2015
Varied fast paced roles both at home and overseas. Often working under pressure, to tight deadlines and with minimum supervision.
interesting
CLERK (voormalige medewerker) –  hanslope park6 mei 2015
i found this position, very interesting. i would type letters, use the teleprinter, file, photo copy, run errands and alot more. This position was at hanslope park
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 4Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
The best work place ever
Information Security Accreditor (voormalige medewerker) –  London, ENG20 maart 2015
They say no place like home, well, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office was just like home, colleagues who treat you like family and Management who respect and help you develop.

You get to go on two-three courses per year (all paid for), you get a safe and rewarding environment to work in and most of all you get to make a difference in peoples lives for the better.

If I weren't living in Canada, I would choose only to work for the FCO.

Hardest part of the Job was to resign!
Pluspunten
Rewarding experience, self development and opportunities.
Minpunten
Low pay in London UK meant struggling to keep up with the day to date costs and living.
Bedrijfscultuur
Vast amounts of resources and possibilities. Unfortunately, reactive instead of being proactive.
Freelance Mass Media Operator (voormalige medewerker) –  London, ENG18 februari 2015
Vast amounts of squandered resources both in terms of material and human resources. The organisation is more reactive than pro-active and priorities can change suddenly for no justifiable reasons. The interaction between branches of the organisation was often difficult or non-existing. Plenty of wasted opportunities in terms of taking advantage of offshore possibilities. Extremely bureaucratic and inefficient.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 2Rapporteren
Challenging but rewarding
Desk Officer and Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  London18 januari 2015
Working on the Queen's visit to Ireland was fun. Working with the Irish Embassy in London was also a good laugh.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
High quality of architects and engineers
Senior Project Manager, Client Delivery (huidige medewerker) –  London, ENG6 oktober 2014
As a Government sector the transition to a commercial approach will take some time, at present the two design houses are not connected in there approach to intergration.
Pluspunten
Working in London gave better rates of pay
Long days 12-13hrs
You learn a lot
Communications Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Tunis20 september 2014
Working with IWPR you learn about research and various matters that affects people.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 32Nee 4Rapporteren
Challenging, multicultural working environment
Political, Communications & Scholarships Officer (voormalige medewerker) –  Cape Town, WC22 augustus 2014
Small office with a different challenge, project, event, every day. Hardworking, highly engaged team with a multiplicity of skills.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Professional ITIL environment
IT Service Desk/Major Incident &Transition Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Milton Keynes4 mei 2014
Highly professional ITIL environment - Global Company

High pressure, fast paced, multi disciplined requiring self motivation and excellent time management.
Pluspunten
Learned many things that I can use in the future
Travelling from Birmingham to MK everyday
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 2Rapporteren
Diplomatic
Political Officer (huidige medewerker) –  Kabul8 maart 2014
A company where diplomacy lives. It has the ability to solve problems like no other diplomatic network in the world.
Challenging Environment
Security Cleared IT Consultant (huidige medewerker) –  Hanslope Park, ENG1 februari 2014
Exposure to a large cross section of people from all walks of life across the world.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Claim deze Bedrijfspagina

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Foreign & Commonwealth Office. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag