Fujifilm Electronic Materials Employee Review

View all Fujifilm Electronic Materials reviews

Good place to get your feet wet
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ24 July 2013
Good place to get your feet wet and start, though you will likely get bored and hit a VERY low glass ceiling (male or female) quickly. There was plenty to do and very few who volunteer to take on additional roles, so if you want to wear "different hats", you'll likely be able to do so. On the local level, everyone is extremely helpful and will bend over backwards (sometimes literally) if needed. Upper management isn't "bad" really, just a tad disconnected. They seem to get a new title every other week, which is fine and all, but it makes it hard to track who is doing what and why.

My biggest gripe with Fuji is that they will NOT hire from within. Seeing someone promoted from within is a rare occurrence at Fuji, kinda like seeing a Unicorn. Or Batman. I was asked and encouraged to apply to a few positions in different groups. They positions were either filled from someone with a similar or less-qualified background or the position was closed entirely. When it came time for a promotion within the department, I was overlooked, I asked why I wasn't considered and I was told by HR that I "applied for too many positions to be considered". I applied to a total of 3 positions (one of which I got, but the job was closed after I literally packed my desk up and was ready to move).

Aside from that, the salary is mediocre, which is odd considering the "specialized" industry and high turnover rate in the lab. Most tech's, specialists, and chemists get just enough experience there to move on - the average turnover time is around 14-16 months. Fuji did have some OK benefits (though getting
  more... expensive), vacation was average, and it was a pain-in-the-butt to get things reimbursed (tuition, health club dues, etc).   less
Pros
On-site employees are great and helpful, flexible with vacation time, respectable PTO/Sick time separate from vacation time
Cons
Management changes direction often, upper management gets a new title every 6 days, lots of turnover

Other Fujifilm Electronic Materials Employee Reviews

Great people,nice equipment, constantly testing you
Operator Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZ2 June 2019
Crazy place to work with very low sub standard pay for the industry. Yearly physicals when should only be every 2 to 5 years,drug test employees upto 5 times a year by swab and urine. Easy job if you're smart enough and capable but rather work for the government or FBI, they at least pay me enough to be constantly harassed medically/drug screenings. I have white coat syndrome hate all the hospital dealings. They also dump all their waste down the drain,treat it with more chemicals. I will never drink city water in Mesa period. They hired in 2005 $15 an hr and now 14 years later it's one dollar more. They hire dreamers and non citizens also so maybe it's for you,not for this experienced ,hardworking, dedicated American from a family full of veterans.
Pros
Sometimes laid back
Cons
Low pay, no advancement, hire worse ppl with less knowledge to be above you
Find a better job
Operator (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZ19 March 2019
Very poor management, only care about them sells. No respect at any position from management. A bunch of alcoholics. Pay is very poor , raises are a joke. If you read this make sure you look somewhere else for a job. There are better jobs out there, just keep looking
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fujifilm Electronic Materials. Our community is ready to answer.

2,4