Here to help
Coronavirus update

G4S Employee Reviews

Found 14.121 reviews matching the search
4,0
Great social contact with passengers (Brussels Airport).
Different tasks each day.

Dynamic work style.

Real teamwork.

feeling like helping customers significantly.
Pros
work place
Cons
early hours
4,0
Good company overall. The opportunity to grow is there as well as make some decent money depending on your site. The caveat to that is being placed at a bad site with management that do not want you to grow so they don't have to refill your spot. They also , being the large corporate body they are, care little for trying to accommodate life changes/emergencies. Good for the experience I gained alone.
Pros
401k, Daily Pay, Loan help
Cons
Health benefits are poor, poor management
5,0
I think it was a really great place to work and I would recommend this company to anyone I would love to work here again. I left their for family issues!
3,0
Potential for a career but you might get a bad contract. Benefits are mediocre but you can opt in and out of what you need. Lots of footwork and some inconsistent protocol. Strange hiring process and some pay issues.
Pros
Paid breaks, Good pay
Cons
Lots of standing/footwork, workload is subject to your assigned contract, inconsistent pay sometimes
1,0
No room for advancement. Company doesn't care about employees. No raise in 15 years. Benefits are horrible. Management doesn't care about employees health.
1,0
Overall
Terrible company to work for. Don’t care about employees at all. No progression, terrible pay, terrible hours. Terrible experience. Wouldn’t recommend at all.
3,0
Little contact with management. Good for someone not wanting move up in field. As with most posts it was quite with customer service. Training online was clunky not well organized.
5,0
I have one of the best sites one could ever ask for. Literally there is nothing to do. Single shift, no superviser. You can watch youtube all day and the management wont care. You definetly need some luck to get a site like this.
Pros
They always have work for you.
Cons
no holiday pay
1,0
They do not care about employees. There are a lot of sites but the training is poor. Officers are not professional at all. The company car is a hot mess which is poor advertisement.
1,0
Promised a stable schedule, but because they are always understaffed for the client, the permanent officers with tenure are always having their schedules change. Unable to maintain a viable work/life balance.
Pros
Cons
No work/life balance; overtime without breaks; unstable scheduling
2,0
I have worked at 2 locations with this company. Some of the supervisors are good and will help you any way they can. Than others cant help with anything because they don't know what they are doing. I used to like my job at my current location, but when I lost my promotion because I requested my day off to be off for a Dr. appt. I changed my mind and decided to look at other options.
Pros
Easy going coworkers, some supervisors are very good
Cons
50 something and 60 hour weeks have become mandatory at my location
2,0
Stopped workig with g4s about 5 months now, the job was okay my problem was with the management team .i worked at a site in eexdale good job but the supiversor on tge morning shift had no people skills. She was very rude to the employees and if you vomplain nothing gets done which often leads to prople leaving the job.
Pros
Cons
bad management
4,0
I worked for G4S for 3 months, and they were probably the best job I ever had, only wish I didnt have to leave. Complications with schedule and job type ended in the loss of all my hours.
2,0
I started the job and october and immediately they lost the contract and didnt have anywhere else for me to go that was convienent for me so i ended up switching security companies.
5,0
Though they were helpful moving me around to the best spots for me the transfer up to West Virginia they didn’t know what they were doing most of the time they are kind and helpful and saw my potential and moved me up fairly fast
5,0
Trabalhei como Recepcionista no porto de Santos, minha experiência foi maravilhosa, aprendi a trabalhar em equipe e muitas outras coisas. Sempre que precisei tive o apoio do supervisor e coordenador.
Sou grata por terem me dado essa oportunidade.
4,0
Under paid , however good training. I had an excellent experience while on course. The training was specific to airport security . The training was interesting and well prepared.
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
Hours and salary
3,0
The scheduling needs to be fixed I’m over worked and don’t get paid enough to not have a life. I have things to do outside of work that I can’t because I’m to exhausted to do anything after work.
Pros
Steady pay
Cons
Hours
3,0
It’s good for doing something till you find a career job. Work environment is alright, you do a lot of standing and not talking to people. Overall if don’t mind your feet hurting it’s fine.
4,0
Spent many happy years at G4S.I was sad to be leaving after being made redundant.I made good progress and made many friends.
I learned lots during my time there and was treated fairly during 2 bereavements and family issues.

The training was adequate and there was understanding of personal circumstances.
Pros
Salary and flexibility
Cons
Very very early starts at 0400 or 0430
5,0
G4S is a large organization. Yet they take care of all its employees in a very personal level. The support from any office or and branch of the management is promt and effective.