GC Europe

GC Europe Employee Reviews

Belgium5 reviews
4,0
I was received in a warm way. Everybody was ready to help. The colleagues were very nice and I felt like a member of the team immediately. I as sad I could not stay longer.
3,0
Forskjellige møter hver dag med markedsavdelingen og logistikk. Jobbe mye med Excel og andre MS Office programvare.
Pros
Måltidskuponger
Cons
Korte pauser
1,0
In the past couple of years I've seen an incredible turnover at GC. The QA department fully renewed. All senior knowledgeable people left and were replaced with juniors having no experience at all. All tasks condensed on 'older' juniors before 'newer' juniors are ready to perform. I've also seen other departments being depleated of knowledgeable people who came from larger companies and left within their first year at GC. Among them are heads of departments.
There is no investment in people's development. No money for courses, no senior colleagues to learn from. If you want to advance you need to do so through independent reading in your free time and hope the way you apply this learning in your everyday work is the right one. Lack of internal knowledge is a big issue and company should totaly review the policy of talent retaining.

Due to high turnover and lack if knowledge, I've seen couple of departments very poorly structured. Some people came, made some structure but before finishing they were gone. New people came, made different structure and went away before finishing. All gaps remained and got even bigger. It will take a knowledgeable, good willed and motivated person to set things right. Someone willing to stay under given circumstances.

Management should be honest about what reality truly is, assess gravity and act. If they care about the future of the company and wellbeing if employees, now is a good time to act and make some changes. We want to see the nakama and gemba spirit in action rather than on paper.

There is no electronic system for documentation control,
 - more...
Pros
Multinational environment
Cons
High turnover, lack of knowledge, understaffed, cheap politics/personal interests ruling
4,0
it's a great company to work for. Nice colleagues and helpful management. At that time they were implementing the SAP and that's what sometimes makes it a bit difficult to find necessary info in order work with.
Pros
nice colleagues
Cons
some difficulties with SAP implementation
Learned

Setting up an email

Sending, following up and filling PO's

Requesting invoices & price corrections

Managing stock in SAP

Teamwork

Workplace

An "island" per team ( great and helpful colleagues)

Hardest part

Working with SAP (I started out with no knowledge of this program)

Enjoyable part

Keep in touch with our suppliers & internal costumers,

fulfilling requests with success gives a positive feeling.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
None, sometimes lack of communication between departments
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GC Europe?