GC Europe Employee Reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance
2,7Job Security & Advancement
1,0
Understaffed and run by cheap politics
Administratief medewerker (Current Employee) –  Heverlee13 April 2019
In the past couple of years I've seen an incredible turnover at GC. The QA department fully renewed. All senior knowledgeable people left and were replaced with juniors having no experience at all. All tasks condensed on 'older' juniors before 'newer' juniors are ready to perform. I've also seen other departments being depleated of knowledgeable people who came from larger companies and left within their first year at GC. Among them are heads of departments.
There is no investment in people's development. No money for courses, no senior colleagues to learn from. If you want to advance you need to do so through independent reading in your free time and hope the way you apply this learning in your everyday work is the right one. Lack of internal knowledge is a big issue and company should totaly review the policy of talent retaining.
Due to high turnover and lack if knowledge, I've seen couple of departments very poorly structured. Some people came, made some structure but before finishing they were gone. New people came, made different structure and went away before finishing. All gaps remained and got even bigger. It will take a knowledgeable, good willed and motivated person to set things right. Someone willing to stay under given circumstances.
Management should be honest about what reality truly is, assess gravity and act. If they care about the future of the company and wellbeing if employees, now is a good time to act and make some changes. We want to see the nakama and gemba spirit in action rather than on paper.
There is no electronic system for documentation control,
  more... all is done on paper. The SAP is being implemented but it will take some good months before being functional.
On the good side, environment is multinational and there are still some nice people with good will remaining.
Pros
Multinational environment
Cons
High turnover, lack of knowledge, understaffed, cheap politics/personal interests ruling
4,0
Flexible job with a lot of variation and opportunities to learn
Purchasing Officer (Former Employee) –  Leuven24 January 2019
Learned

Setting up an email
Sending, following up and filling PO's
Requesting invoices & price corrections
Managing stock in SAP
Teamwork

Workplace

An "island" per team ( great and helpful colleagues)

Hardest part

Working with SAP (I started out with no knowledge of this program)

Enjoyable part

Keep in touch with our suppliers & internal costumers,
fulfilling requests with success gives a positive feeling.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
None, sometimes lack of communication between departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GC Europe. Our community is ready to answer.

3,0