GEM Employee Reviews

4,0
productive work environment with good communication
Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  Mount Airy, MD2 February 2016
Work together with the boss directly doing many types of construction including kitchen rebuilds and demos. Window installs, tyvek home wrapping, drywall, painting, trim and crown install. I learned most of this with this company. The most enjoyable part is learning new things and becoming good at it.
Pros
working with a good friend, good pay
Cons
hours can be shakey
4,0
I am a detail and results orientated professional with strong technical and leadership skills. I have over twenty seven years of experience in the bus
Enablement Manager (Former Employee) –  Dubuque Iowa28 June 2015
Having a positive attitude with enjoying the assignment and continue learning other skills, as well as being extremely adaptable to any environment .I value my peers. The hardest part of my job was when to say enough,
company pay good
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas nv.7 June 2015
it's a good Company to work despite of working to much hours.
it's always a busy fast food restaurant, food is always fresh and we provide very good costumer service.
i learned a lot in this Company started on the bottom on my way up, learned a lot of professional way how to manage the store and to help out employees to move up to the next level, as well to my self to keep on improving..
Pros
all the employees get's free brea meal.
Cons
good benefits.
2,0
Hard working enviornment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Avon, CT18 October 2014
Long days and nights , bare minimum staffing and quality of staff
5,0
A place were working fast and as a team is essential.
Set up for events, assist customers, greet (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ4 September 2014
Working at the gem center was a place were if you weren't moving and working with someone else your job would never get done. At the gem center i loved working with others because i felt like time would fly and felt like so much work got accomplished. And having the opportunity to experience what it was like to help customers was important for me. For me the experience gained when helping a customer was important, because i was able to understand that a customer can be wrong but i had the obligation to understand him.
Pros
Lunch when ever i wanted.
Cons
Heavy lifting.
5,0
fun work place with good focus
Automation Staff engineer (Former Employee) –  上海市, C2320 July 2014
A large company with good focus on optics and very clear objectives
Quiet, small office enviroment
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sittingbourne, ENG28 April 2014
A typical day for me includes writing up reports based on information given to me via merchandisers that have visited stores.
Pros
Talking to Merchandisers and Clients
Cons
Too quite and unsociable, not my field of interest
5,0
environnement de travail agréable et constructif
Animatrice multimédia (Former Employee) –  Toulon, B810 February 2014
Journée typique
Préparation de l'atelier
Atelier informatique sur un projet évalué par un diagnostic
Bilan avec les adhérents sur les remarques de l'atelier
Après midi, activité autre que le multimédia
Pros
ambiance saine
Cons
pas assez d'heures de travail
Good place to work at
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MA31 January 2014
Good team environment, everyone is willing to help one another.
2,0
Varied
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby28 January 2014
Booking of drivers for executive chauffeur travel to and from regional airports. Hardest part of the job was not knowing what the traffic conditions were in order to pre-warn drivers and passengers.
Gem
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Byhalia, MS8 January 2014
This was one of the easiest jobs I have had. I knew all my co-workers and managers because most of us were from the same area.
Gostei de trabalharum
vendedora/Caixa (Former Employee) –  Votorantim, SP4 January 2014
Era um lugar agradável de trabalhar, as meninas com o qual eu trabalhei eram pessoas maravilhosas(tanto que ainda entro em contato) pena que depois de 6 meses de ter trabalhado lá, infelizmente acabou fechando por questões financeiras.
Pros
Era um lugal agradvel .
Cons
Não era bem administrado, e mal organizado por parte do dono.
5,0
Trabajo y seuridad social estable
Profesor de educación básica para adultos (Current Employee) –  Toluca, MEX29 June 2013
La atención a los alumnos en un contexto socio-económico medio es gratificante y la enseñanza es en ambos sentidos, el hecho de que no solo debo ser profesor si no también, un apoyo, un amigo, un motivador, hace un trabajo muy humano en todos los sentidos. Las historias que uno ve a diario son entrañables y muchas veces sorprendentes, sin embargo, uno debe mantenerse alejado y objetivo, para ayudar a la gente a lograr sus metas.
En cuanto a la alfabetización es diferente, la gente tiene su conocimiento empírico, esto se usa para co-relacionar el estudio con su vida cotidiana. El modelo manejado está dirigido especialmente para esto.
Lo más difícil, sin lugar a duda, es el rezago, la problemática del abandono, ya sea por problemas personales o simplemente la motivación con la que comienzan no les es suficiente, quieren las cosas demasiado rápidas, uno como docente trata de que sea lo más pronto posible, pero, al estar dependientes de lo federal, nosotros como institución estatal, muchas veces no nos damos a vasto; la difusión de las escuelas también es un problema que se trata de solucionar en cada región, la mayoría de veces con presupuesto personal.
Lo que más me gusta, sin duda, es la satisfacción de ayudar a alguien a lograr su meta, de darles un pequeño empujón para que continúen sus estudios.
Pros
seguro médico, sindicato, vacaciones, días festivos, bonos y primas
Cons
Trabajo por metas, en educación es muy difícil trabajar con metas, ya que no depende en su totalidad de nuestro trabajo, dependiendo de instituciones ajenas.
Friendly work environment
Pension Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA11 March 2013
Always busy, multi-tasking, processing pension and retirement applications, as well as balancing the pension payments and health care deductions for a larger client, while handling participant phone calls as an additional part of daily responsibilities
5,0
Productive, mature work environment.
General Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Yermo, Ca15 February 2013
A typical day at work would consist of task completion. I learned about mechanics, radar systems, tele communications, and electronics. Management played a big roll because we had to keep constant contact with them to complete task. With the co-workers we had to keep a good relationship cause we were together all the time, we couldn't complete a task without our co-worker. The most enjoyable part of the day would be working together as a team, also the end of the day.
Pros
paid trip to okinawa, japan for regular maintenance on military vehicles.
Cons
short breaks and long days of overtime.
Great co-workers
Mission Worker (Current Employee) –  Monument, CO4 February 2013
The employees at GEM are a great bunch to work with. They are supportive of you, and they truly care.
Pros
everything
nicht mehr attraktiv
Mitarbeiter (Former Employee) –  Mönchengladbach9 January 2013
Habe gerne im Büro ausgeholfen, Tätigkeit lag mir sehr. Freundlichkeit gegenüber Kunden war und ist für mich eine Selbstverständlichkeit. Kollegen waren alle super in Ordnung.
Pros
günstiges essen
Cons
keine angabe
Fun place to work!
Regular PT Geriatric Emergency Management Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, On2 January 2013
The staff of the Queensway Carelton Hospital Emergency Department are keen, smart, hard working individuals that actually take that extra moment to care for thier Patients.
Pros
working with great teammates
Cons
no chance for ft work
Very Productive
International Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MA2 November 2012
I enjoyed working at The Gem Group.
I learned alot from my peers.
I enjoyed all my coworkers
I enjoyed everything about my job
The hardest part was leaving.
Pros
lots of fun activities
Cons
not flexiable in hours
Poste de travail
Vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Limoges3 September 2012
Environnement de travail convivial, une communication objective et des suggestions permettant un avancement pérenne, un management efficace et rigoureux, des collaborateurs actifs et dynamiques.
Le plus difficile, le stress, le plus agréable, le relationnel.Le plaisir d'avoir un poste de travail qui permet de rencontrer d'échanger avec un public.
Pros
le respect des pauses.
Cons
la participation aux frais de transports.