Goldman Sachs Reviews

Alle 1.209 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Very professional environment
GMI consultant/production support (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY14 oktober 2018
Very professional environment. Worked with very knowledgable and professional teams. Good place to enhance both techinical and business and analytical skills.
Internship program flawed
Security Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Irving, TX8 oktober 2018
Goldman Sachs is known as a competitive and prestigious environment to work in. I would agree with that. However, I turned down an offer for fulltime work after a rather successful and engaging internship for three reasons:

- Lack of a work - life balance. GS seems to be geared towards people who put work ahead of all else.
- heavy turnover rate
- Terrible starting offer which is universal for all college grads and turns them into basically interns with slightly higher pay, and full benefits.
Pluspunten
Great training, internships, and skilled/knowledgeable staff
work/life balance, starting salary
toxic
Operations and Derivative Clearing Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT4 oktober 2018
So I started on day one and went around to meet my team and shake some hands. The VP over my team who sat literally 4 desks down from me wouldn't shake my hand or even acknowledge that I was alive.

After going to lunch my first week with some of my team, I was informed that she takes about 6 months to warm up to somebody and doesn't really want to hear from you until then....REALLY!? How crazy is that! I am a millennial, not in that I am entitled and lazy, but more in a way that I think a collaborative team approach is going to be preferred to the hierarchal team setting that she was obviously sustaining. So from week 1 of the job I felt that I was in a toxic environment.

Goldman makes all employees work ridiculous hours for, not great pay, they always told us that they would make up for it in our bonus, I'll get to that in a minute. Mandatory 50 hours, no biggie, but then they would call you to come in on Saturday and Sunday to work so you would be putting in lots of hours for really poor pay.

At a team meeting the executive came on and informed us that there would be no bonuses that year, a woman sitting next to me, literally started crying, because she had put in so much work and so many extra hours thinking it was all going to pay off, but they told us the load of bullock of how the company is struggling and they wouldn't be able to pay out, but then you read in the annual report the great bonuses that the C suite got. Was really perplexing.

I hope that things have changed there, I would go back to see if I could help the culture, especially in Salt Lake
  meer... they need to have a collaborative team environment. It would make the blows a lot easier to take.  minder
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Not for me
Corporate Tax Preparer (voormalige medewerker) –  Jersey City, NJ4 oktober 2018
A lot of my time was spent behind my computer and my manager watched me like a hawk. I got caught reading the news one day, that was frowned upon by my manager. I can say other managers were not the same and very likable people, my manager made it somewhat of a poor experience.
Challenging but rewarding!
Full time Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY4 oktober 2018
Great place to work. It's challenging but rewarding. There is a high level of employee at all positions. People work hard and are respectful. Management is supportive in cross departmental projects
Bedrijfscultuur
Ranked as one of the best investment banking firms to work for in the world.
Word Processor (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY4 oktober 2018
Goldman Sachs was ran with complete consideration of its employees. The salary and benefits were outstanding. If not for the fact that I relocated to another state, I would have made a career with Goldman Sachs.
Pluspunten
Catered dinner and car service home every night
N/A
Bedrijfscultuur
An ideal place to work, team play in a diversified culture.
Assistant - Equities (voormalige medewerker) –  Hong Kong3 oktober 2018
I miss working at GS. Systems are built to streamline our work. Management team consisted of smart people, they took initiatives to problem solving. They care about the staff workplace safety. payment is excellent.
Pluspunten
good pay, smart management team
Minpunten
job security depends on financial market performance
4,0
Challenging but rewarding
Recruiting Coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY2 oktober 2018
Egos are a huge part of the everyday work cycle. You will be well prepared for challenging roles elsewhere if successful at this employer. Skills acquired are easily transferrable.
4,0
Productive work place
Relocation Coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore Urban, Karnataka2 oktober 2018
Good place to work around with right diversity. learnings that can be carried to every firm and can enhance our skills that can enable us to work in a dynamic environment.Overall a nice place
benefits and bonus
long hours, capitalistic management
Intense and competitive culture
Foreign Exchange Financial Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY1 oktober 2018
They offer a lot of benefits and are very accommodating, but it is also run like a machine... you are just another number and lack a lot of individual thought and discretion in your daily contributions. They don't really hold much value to you as a person, run like a giant corporate machine as expected.
Administrative Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Manhattan, NY1 oktober 2018
I like working here. The experience was pleasant. The work is straightforward and coworkers are team players. Benefits are great if you work full time.
Environment
Short breaks
1,0
would give 0 if I could
Production Support Engineer (huidige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT28 september 2018
0 work life balance . You are treated like a school kid . They expect you to be on time at 10 am Nothing wrong with it.But Attendance is sent out to entire management if you come to office at 10.01 am . Salt lake city office .
Pluspunten
Large organization you can learn how people survive by playing cheap. Doing minimum work
There are Many
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Fast paced environment
Administrative Assistant I (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY27 september 2018
Competitive, fast paced environment. Professional,well educated, always learn something new. Highly productive and challenging in a positive team oriented sense.
Excellent firm
Bedrijfscultuur
No work life balance. Terrible management
Technical Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka27 september 2018
It is very difficult to cope with the heavy work load. There is absolutely no work life balance. The management is not very approachable. Not an ideal place to work.
Bedrijfscultuur
High profile professionalism and organization
Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY27 september 2018
Goldman Sachs an extremely fast paced and high profile. An unlimited amount of financial resources to obtain and maintain with high profile clients worldwide.
Pluspunten
High Salary, paid vacations and full benefits
Extremely long work hours
2,0
Bad Management
Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore24 september 2018
Pathetic work culture. Manager was good for nothing. No work life balance. No learning opportunity. They only like operational mindset people. No scope for good Quant folks
Bedrijfscultuur
Good culture first class organisation
Business Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  London, Greater London24 september 2018
Strong culture, citizenship very important and we are supported to take time out to support the community.
Busy working day completing introduction calls, customer reviews, dealing with queries, making referrals.
Great place to be in
Lead - Enterprise Access Administration (voormalige medewerker) –  Karnataka23 september 2018
Great place to be in. Work culture and atmosphere is good and professional. Great exposure to new challenges. Got to learn a lot with good support from the management.
Bedrijfscultuur
Like all investment banking: well-paid, crazy hours
Investment Banking Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY21 september 2018
The analyst program is like that of most Wall Street Investment Banks. Crazy hours. Get paid a lot for straight out of college. Ultimately, the hours and lack of work-life balance didn't work out for me a long term career path.
Pluspunten
Well-paid, prestige opens future doors
Minpunten
No work-life balance, high stress job, sometimes crazy/unreasonable senior staff
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Amazing place to work!
Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY21 september 2018
Goldman is absolutely amazing. It is a very intense and tough environment, but you are surrounded with the most intelligent people. It is a great place to start a career and for someone who wants to understand the trading and capital markets.

You are given lots of opportunities to grow, develop, attend conferences, attend trainings, etc. I loved my team and the people I worked with.

Goldman is very analytical and you are surrounded by some of the smartest people in the world. This is a great place to work, if you can handle the stress and intensity.
Brilliant people
Intense environment
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Goldman Sachs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag